Start by marking “Wet Nails” as Want to Read:
Wet Nails

Wet Nails

Lonely grad student Adina Greenberg is in for a treat when the glamorous ghost of Rose Hamilton, her favorite 1950s Hollywood actress, comes out of the television to give her a manicure and great sex. This story explores contrasting versions of bisexuality: Adina's open preference for women vs. the closets and dangers of Rose's era.

This story is also included in Haunted Ho
Published October 14th 2015 by Torquere Press

To ask other readers questions about Wet Nails, please sign up.
Shira Glassman It was in an anthology and everyone got the same cover. No connection whatsoever. I'm sorry about that! There's a great picture here if you want to…moreIt was in an anthology and everyone got the same cover. No connection whatsoever. I'm sorry about that! There's a great picture here if you want to see (worksafe) http://shiraglassman.tumblr.com/post/...(less)

Shira Glassman
Feb 28, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
This is what I'd have as a cover in the ideal world, but it was part of an anthology so they gave me a generic cover instead. (Edited to add that now I have a nice and sapphic cover finally!)

By Agaricals.
Corrie
Grad student Adina Greenberg is indulging in a movie marathon one lonely Friday night, when she has a unexpected erotic encounter with her all time favorite (and long dead) idol Rose Hamilton. The glamorous movie star crawls out of her tv set (no, not as creepy as in The Ring) and treats the baffled Adina to a manicure. A manicure that soon turns into something more. Does Adina have a real time hook-up with a ghost or is it just a fantasy? She decides not to care too much about that :-)

f/f expli
M. Hollis
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017reads, lgbqtia
Nice and short story with adorable characters and hot smut! Loved it.
Justina Johnson
Oct 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: f-f, paranormal, romantic
This is a delightfully enchanting dream or possible fabrication. Nevertheless, it feels real, it looks real, and it fascinates and beguiles in a manner that I sensed was totally tenable. I was captivated by the movie star from the 1950s who beguilingly makes a convincing and credible manifestation in the apartment of an over-the-top fan who is a scientist working toward her doctorate. This short story is a winner. Do enjoy!

Adina Greenberg is a tad lonely, partially due to her sexual orientation.
Kayla Bashe
Jan 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
i never thought i'd be calling erotica "cute," but here we are. a young scientist is flustered but very enthusiastic when the ghost of her favorite dead celebrity starts hitting on her. also the scientist has a problem with skin-picking but it's not some Big Angsty Deal or anything, and that's chill af
Tara
Wet Nails by Shira Glassman is an erotic short ghost story. It opens with Adina Greenberg watching an old movie featuring her favourite actress, Rose Hamilton. When she pauses the movie, Adina is shocked to see Rose come out of the TV and is delighted when the actress gives her a manicure and the night of her life.

Full review: http://www.thelesbianreview.com/wet-n...
Deb
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shira Glassman's books are like lovely little truffles. They are perfect to enjoy between larger works, but still should be savored individually. This was no exception. It was a lovely little vignette, that explored (a little) the difference in attitudes between the Golden Age and the present.
mina reads™️
3.5 this was cute
RoAnna Sylver
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
“Thank you for enjoying my movies so much. You know, I only appear like this for my fans. You’re what keeps me alive. A movie star’s only dead if she’s run out of fans, not when she draws her last breath.”

* * *

Sweet, short, nostalgic, with some casual and appreciated nicely-surprising dermatillomania rep. This is a fun little peek at a fantasy a lot of us have probably had at one point or another - our favorite actor (or character) somehow stepping out of the TV screen and into our lives. What w
preraphaelitesiren
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Highly recommended. Read it if you like sweet and spicy f/f erotica where consent is freely given and both ladies have a lovely time. Read it if you want to see a positive portrayal of bisexuality. Read it if you've ever wanted a feel good ghost story that will make your heart pound and your secret places tingle. Read it if you want to read a story about Jewish women loving women by a Jewish woman. Read it if you've ever crushed on Nefretiri from The Ten Commandments (her actress was the inspira ...more
Cande
You should read this book if you like;

*Erotica
*F/F sex
*Bi rep
*Hot smut and domestic scenes
*Sexy and lovely characters
*Meet cute

Come on, Wet Nails is great, pick it up
Rie
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Just your workaday ghost-meets-scientist erotica, or is it? Gosh I love how Shira Glassman works in the unexpected, and it was touching to have a scene where Rose, starlet ghost, comforts Adina, grad student, over her dermatillomania with a manicure that leads to a whole lot more. Sweet, sexy, and unusual, with a very open ending.

Shira just got the rights back to her work from Torquere, so if you wanna show an author some love and enjoy a steamy little interlude, check out Wet Nails.
Brynne
Hot damn. This was a really original (and sexy) short starring a grad student who studies potatoes. Everything about this was exactly my jam, from the STEM lady to the sapphic sex scene to the ending that left me wanting more. I hope Shira Glassman writes some kind of sequel/companion to this because I'd love to read more about Adina.
Jennifer Linsky
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More of a short story than even a novella, this is none-the-less excellent -- as may be expected from Shira Glassman. I do wish that she'd taken events further, explored how the ghost was able to enter her life, perhaps raised the stakes a bit more before the ultimate resolution.
Sam Bux Romatet
3.5
Kronda
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: queer-fiction
Thoroughly enjoyable short f/f (bi) erotica, would recommend for a nice romp.
Medeia Sharif
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an interesting and unique ghost story. I can't say I've read anything like it before. Glassman has quite a range, which I've learned from reading her other tales.
Kellum Jeffries
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've never read a not manicure story before! Whew.
Hart
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I did expect this to be hot, but I didn't expect it to be adorable. So glad I read it! Adina is a loveable dork, Rose is beautiful and funny, and their story charmed me completely. Nice ending, too.
Rachel Hill
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story!

Currently obsessed with Shira's writing and this one didn't dissapoint. Cute and super hot and I loved that ending. Sequel?
Nia
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Short, cute and sexy!
Katie Kelsey
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful!

A lovely short story I find myself returning to over and over again. Well worth the dollar! A must-read for all sapphic ladies ;)
Emma Lindhagen
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica, queer
This was a nice little short, sexy and funny. I like how it had a very slice-of-life feel even though the premise is obviously supernatural. Thumbs up, have a read!
Louise
Okay first, not really part of the review, but -- I did not know there was a name for the nervously-picking-at-the-skin-around-your-nails thing! I do that! And I thought it was just a weird habit that meant I left awkward dates hiding the blood running down my hand. But, no -- the main character here has dermatillomania, which I never knew was a thing. So cool to know.

Anyway, this is another adorable sweet short (very, very short) story from Shira Glassman. Don't ask me how she's managed to make
Cat
After reading Shira Glassman's erotic m/f short story 'Lioness in Blue' it was great to read an erotic f/f short story from her. Adina Greenberg is a bi Jewish science student who is visited by the ghost of her beloved Rose Hamilton, a 1950s actress. Adina learns Rose is also bi and Jewish as Rose gives her a manicure to help her cope with dermatillomania and then they have hot sex.

I loved this for several reason:
* I've been wanting read more explicit sex scenes recently, especially f/f
* Scienc
Lydia Andres
Sweet, sexy, with a lovely ending.
Jess
Dec 02, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Shira Glassman is a bisexual Jewish violinist passionately inspired by German and French opera and Agatha Christie novels.

She lives in north central Florida, where the alligators are mostly harmless because they're too lazy to be bothered.

A note on my reviewing style: I read lots of books, but writing reviews is work and I only really do them to endorse books that I enjoyed enough to signal boost.
“I can’t stop picking at them. Even when it makes me bleed. I know I need to stop, but it’s almost a compulsion. I’m so used to it hurting when I put lemons or limes in my drink; I don’t even notice it anymore. The fifty dollar word for it is dermatillomania,” 1 likes