Start by marking “Until It's Right” as Want to Read:
Until It's Right

Until It's Right

Haley Mitchell is tired of moping. With her broken heart repaired with a thick layer of duct tape, she’s ready to put her ex behind her and move on. After a chance encounter in a club, she’s convinced she’s met Mr. Perfect. But when he accidentally gives her the wrong number, the stranger on the other end of her texts becomes her confidant.

Kyle Lawson has always had more
Published March 1st 2016 by Swerve

To ask other readers questions about Until It's Right, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Until It's Right

Start your review of Until It's Right
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Kyle is such an adorable dork. He's the IT guy who is not all that alpha, but rather sweet, shy and unsure. He hits it off with Haley on two fronts: at work and on the phone, only she doesn't know they're both him. Haley is getting over a bad relationship and is trying to find someone that's right for her. It takes her a bit but she realizes she's developed feelings for Kyle. After a rough start they start a relationship only Kyle has yet to come clean. Haley has trust issues so it was bound to ...more
Eliza
Feb 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Title: Until it's Right
Author: Jamie Howard
Release date: 1st March, 2016
Cliffhanger: No
HEA: (view spoiler)

Haley Mitchell, is on a mission to get over her ex. On a long overdue night out, she meets a man she thinks may be able to help her do that. It's only when she finally summons the courage to text him, does she realise she has saved his number incorrectly.

In a world of billionaires, rock stars and alpha males, twenty-four year old IT geek Kyle Lawson is a refreshing
Michelle
ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review

photo 4f8e10aeb612e1289c5f7f54bd0c5e_zpsj4rmll5b.gif

So I have a confession to make, I was so hesitant in reading Jamie Howard's second book because unfortunately I was not a fan of her first book, Until We Break at all and found the story line and characters emotionally taxing. But OMG, I am so happy that I didn't let Until We Break deter my decision in reading her second follow up because Until It's Right blew me away and left a big fat smile on my face. Until It's Right was more than
Pea
Mar 02, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this book but it was just ok. After reading the blurb I expected more...

Clark & Lois
I like the idea behind this story and I enjoyed their messages at the beginning but I missed the point when their relationship transformed from being strangers to being friends who share their secrets...

Me: It’s fine, you don’t have to tell me. I’ll just call you … Bob.
Bob: C’mon, that’s so lame. You could at least come up with something cool. Like Thor.
Me: Didn’t you say your track record
Alyse
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Haley Mitchell is ready to move on from her ex and mend her broken heart. On a night out with her girlfriend, she meets a guy that just might be her "Mr. Perfect". But when he accidentally gives her the wrong number in the noisy club, the mystery man behind the "wrong" number becomes somewhat of a confidant for Haley. He is safe... a mystery to her and she is able to have a honest "conversation" with him and values his opinion. And she doesn't even know his name, so she nicknamed him Clark ...more
1-Click Addict Support Group
I’m so in love right now.

So crazy, ooey gooey, hopelessly in love.

This book, you guys! It drove me crazy! It made me laugh, it made me ache, it made me want to throw my Kindle (gently, onto the couch cushions) with frustration and, just when it pushed me to limits of my patience, it took a turn that left me breathless, swooning, and so deeply in love.

Kyle Lawson is basically the opposite of alpha. He’s nerdy and awkward, and more than a little insecure. If you’re worried that this may come off
Kristal & Charmaine
I loved this, but an epilogue would have made it perfect. Full review to come later - sleep time.
Tpagirl
Until It's Right by Jamie Howard is the first book I've read by Howard. Although it's a spin off from Until We Break, it can be read as a standalone and miss nothing. I received a complimentary copy for an honest review.

Haley Mitchell was beautiful, funny, sassy and still recovering from a heart break. Kyle Lawson was the attractive, geeky IT guru that Haley met the first day of her new job.

I loved the premise of the book. Haley was ready to start dating again. She met this great guy at a bar
seton
Mar 07, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: work-romance, d-n-f, na-ya
Genre: NA
Sensuality: dunno, I didnt get to that part yet.

I tried to finish this. Twice. It had a lot of tropes which I love like nerds, betas, work romances, and missives before meeting but something was missing and I couldnt pinpoint it.

Well, it becomes obvious that it is the spinoff of the previous book and you dont want to read the previous bk because the H/h sound like assholes who cheated. There is that.

Then you realize that the writing is not that good and relies too much on
Carlene Inspired
Haley is ready to get over her ex of three years and what better way to do that than in her new clothes surrounded by men in expensive suits? Except when she finally meets a guy she connects with she puts his number in her phone wrong. What ensues is a text friendship between Clark and Haley, known as Lois by Clark. They share their fears, their secrets, and all their wants. Haley finds herself developing feelings for Kyle, the cute IT guy in her new job, and he feels them too, but he doesn't ...more
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

“Until It's Right” by Jamie Howard is a great book. I was drawn into the story after I struggled through the first few pages.

I have to say “FINALLY” a book that again lets the reader really feel how a relationship develops.

Kyle was developed as a really interesting character, refreshingly not one of the common alpha males. Instead he radiated a quite strength that sometimes is even more precious then those alpha males, as it is a rare quality.

Haley was a likeable enough character to connect to
Nicole
Oct 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just absolutely adored this book. ADORED it. If you don't think you can fall for a beta hero, you must read this book. Kyle is wonderful!! I love that I went into this knowing nothing about the plot (I hadn't even read the back copy! Haha) so I'm not going to say anything but that I smiled through the entire thing, I could barely wait to get back to it when I had to put it down, and I loved every second of it. It was just an absolutely charming and beautifully executed read!
Ginny Deffendall
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one was fun! I love nerds and Kyle is the most adorable kind of nerd -- smart, shy IT guy.... He's Seth from The OC all grown up and I love him.

Haley is still recovering from a broken heart and perhaps it was only a soft-spoken non-threatening nerdy guy like Kyle who could win her heart but circumstances keep getting in their way. One of them? The secret Kyle's been hiding from Haley.

See, Haley met a guy at a club and transcribed his number wrong. After texting to the wrong number she kinda
Rê
4.5 “Sweetest, cutest, nicest boyfriend” STARS

ARC via NetGalley.

Thank you so, so much, St. Martin’s Press!

Full review also on the blog: http://usbrazilbookreview.blogspot.co...

I loved this book so much that I ended up highlighting and adding more notes than I usually do. So I’ll start this review with my first and last note:

“OMG, he’s so adorable”

“OMG I’m so in love with this book!!!”

That pretty much sums up my experience. Kyle is adorable. This book is great. As simple as that. So, I don’t know
Leah
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-favorites
Check out the full review and others at Bumble Bee Books!

This was a book that I intended to read leisurely while I had down time at work and spread it out over the next week or so. What I didn't expect is for me to love the story so much that I couldn't stop reading and ended up finishing it all in two days.

Haley just got out of a terrible breakup that lead her to lose not only her boyfriend but also most of her friends along the way. She also hasn't spoken with her family in four years, so now
Meredith Tate
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was recently talking with some other authors about our favorite romance hero tropes. There were a lot of good ones that came up - the marine, the CEO, the jock, the best friend's brother, the band guy, the new coworker, etc.

But my favorite romance hero trope?

I like them nerdy and sweet. Give me your brainy computer geeks, your awkward nerds, your sweet boy-next-door who blushes when his crush looks at him. That is my type. The best friend who "was there all along!" The nice guy. The smart
Cristina (My Tiny Obsessions)
Read full review HERE

description

When I first saw the blurb I thought “yeah, this looks like a cute book“, then I was reading it and my reaction was this:

description

Seriously guys, this book is all kinds of cute and awesome! I somewhat wished that it had a different cover though, because that cover doesn’t go along with this book… at all!

I loved the writing and the format of the book. It was so funny! The dual POV worked wonderfully here, and Haley and Kyle’s voices were totally different. Usually the male POV is a
Heather C
Feb 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I usually like my books raw, dirty, gritty...you get the idea. Yet, every once in a while, I need something that cleanses my palette. Something to bring a little bit of light back into my world. I'm so happy to say that this book did that for me. This is my first read from Jamie Howard and I truly enjoyed it.

The story is told in dual POV, which I really like. I think it helped to build both Haley and Kyle's character. To be able to experience the journey from both of their views.

The star of the
Romance Readers Retreat
I've been anxious for more from this author ever since finishing up Until We Break a few months ago. I think she completely outdid herself with this one! Until It's Right was so different than her first but just as captivating. It is filled with secrets and angst and laughter and will have you not wanting to put it down! I literally read this book in one setting, I loved it that much!

To be honest, I kind of didn't like Haley when we first met her in Until We Break, but not because of the person
Emma
Mar 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/5
Until It's Right is a sweet romance with a side of smexy providing a much needed does of warm and fuzzies.

I adored Hayley and Kyle. Both have some emotional and self-esteem issues as a result of previous relationships gone bad. It was refreshing to see a male main character portrayed with the level of romance and attachment shown by Kyle, he wasn't afraid of his feelings for the most part.
The simple use of one digit being input incorrectly for a phone number inspired the whole fate/destiny
Bette Hansen
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love, love, loved this book! I do adore a lovable, geeky beta hero and Kyle is perfection!! After having her heart broken, Haley has decided it's time to get back out there. When she meets someone in a club that sparks her interest, she takes his number and promises to be in contact. Problem is the number she saved in her phone isn't for the guy she met but after a series of funny back and forth text sessions, the guy on the other end quickly becomes someone she relies on. What she doesn't know ...more
bookmarkbelles
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Until It's Right by @jrhoward9

Release Date: March 1

Rating: 4/5 Clark Kent stars!

Review:
At first I assumed I wasn't going to like this book because within the first 5% of the book I wasn't feeling the story and had to put it down. Then I gave it some time and I picked it back up just in time to see when the texts between Kyle and Haley started. As soon as I got to the first text between them I immediately fell in love! Maybe it was the Superhero references or the way the author wrote a witty
Chu
Mar 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: textmates
Purchase Link Amazon Kindle

Rating: 4.5 Stars

Haley Mitchell was ready to get back to the dating world. After meeting someone in a club, she was almost sure she has met Mr. Perfect. But when he accidentally gave her the wrong number, she didn’t expect that a stranger would reply and easily became someone she can share secrets with.

Kyle Lawson was sort of a nerd. He was great with computers but his luck ran out with women. But then Haley arrived, he liked her, but it seems that she already
Cátia
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For more reviews click HERE

Actual Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Stars

*I was provided a copy by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

A couple of weeks ago Cristina @My Tiny Obsessions reviewed this book and once I read her review I knew I wanted to read this book because we read basically the same books and I knew that if she loved this one I would probably love it too. Luckily this book was still on NetGalley so I was able to read it right away.

Let me just tell you, she was right
Courtney
Feb 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Until It’s Rights is the first book I have written by Jamie Howard. The blurb caught my attention when she asked if I could review it but I won’t lie say that I wasn’t getting my hopes up for anything. And she proved that she is definitely worth taking the chance on!

I really enjoyed the story of Kyle and Hayley. They “meet” due to a wrong number fiasco. They chat here and there about things in their life but nothing ever moves beyond that friend zone. But it’s in these texts that Kyle learns who
Marty Mayberry
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you St. Martin’s Press, NetGalley & Jamie Howard for providing me with an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Ahhh. I LOVED this book. It’s one of the best I’ve read in a long time. *sighs and pats heart*
Those who read Jamie’s first book, UNTIL WE BREAK, will remember Haley, Luke’s girlfriend until Sloane returns and claims him.

In UNTIL IT’S RIGHT, Haley is doing her best to move on and forget her heartbreak surrounding Luke. She takes a new job and meets a geeky, quirk, and oddly
Donna Sweeney
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kindly provided with an ARC via St Martin's Press publishing in exchange for an honest review......

Utterly stunning read !!. This is Hayley and Kyle's story and the idea behind how these two meet was magical. If only all wrong number's ended this way. I smiled so much through this read I thought my face would crack.

Honestly, this is a MUST read for all you romantics out there who want and deserve our HEA's. I am elated that these two characters got their's.

Outstanding work from Jamie !!! 5
Sissy's Romance Book Review
I received an eARC, from NetGalley and the publisher, in exchange for an honest review.
Haley Mitchell is trying to get over a broken heart and has in a step given her number to a guy. But the guy gives her the wrong number to another guy that who is a Nerd Type Tech. Kyle Lawson is that Tech and he has fallen in love with Haley who is the new intern. They start texting each other with Haley thinking she is texting someone else where Kyle learns shortly after who he is texting.
This I thought was
Roxanne
Probably 3.5 stars, review to come
Michelle
**You can see this full review and more at Book Briefs: http://bookbriefs.net**

Until it's Right is a new adult contemporary romance by author Jamie Howard. I love the idea behind the plot of Until it's Right. Girl meets guy at bar. guy gives girl number. girl gets number wrong and starts a text romance with wrong number guy. Not to mention her real life romance/friendship with her cute coworker. And oh, yea, he also happens to be her wrong number texting buddy. It was just too cute of a concept
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Sweet Soul (Sweet Home, #4; Carillo Boys, #3)
  • Dearest Clementine (Dearest, #1)
  • Not You It's Me (Boston Love, #1)
  • Licked (L.A. Liaisons, #1)
  • Center of Gravity
  • Tracking You (Redwood Ridge #2)
  • Rocky Mountain Man (Bluebonnet Bride, #6)
  • Lonewolf's Woman (Wild Hearts, #3)
  • Picture Perfect Lie (Kings of Castle Beach, #1)
  • Nerdgasm (Naughty Nerds)
  • The Revenge Plan
  • Warnings & Wildfires
  • Operation Get Her Back (Jetty Beach, #4)
  • The Seduction of His Wife (Logger #1)
  • Whiskey River Rescue (Whiskey River, #1)
  • Roommates with Benefits
  • Blindfolded Innocence (Innocence, #1)
  • Wrecking Ball (Wrecked, #1)
Jamie Howard is a legal and compliance specialist by day, author by night, and holds a Bachelor’s degree in Art. When she’s not tapping away at the keyboard or capturing the world through her trusty Canon, you can find her binge-watching TV shows, devouring books, and perfecting her gaming skills. She lives with her husband and three children in New Jersey, and is almost always awake early enough ...more