Start by marking “The Unforgettable Hero (Playful Brides, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
The Unforgettable Hero (Playful Brides, #4.5)

The Unforgettable Hero

(Playful Brides #4.5)

To escape a forced marriage to her loathsome, social-climbing cousin, Cecelia Harcourt banks on selling a romantic novel. But when she's hit by a coach on the way home from meeting a potential publisher and loses her memory, the accident leads to an encounter with a fascinating man. . . who she’s convinced is the hero of her novel.

Due to his brother's influence, Lieutenant
Published February 2nd 2016 by Swerve

To ask other readers questions about The Unforgettable Hero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unforgettable Hero

Start your review of The Unforgettable Hero (Playful Brides, #4.5)
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
2.5 stars. I am honestly glad this was a novella. This coming from me? ... It says a lot. Did I hate it? No. Did I love it? Resounding no. After reading the story, I can tell you that I still don't know anything meaningful about either of our protagonists aside from the bare basics. I certainly don't believe they know enough about each other to be in love. Let's talk for a second about pacing. Or in this case the distinct lack of it or of any graduated effect of what little bit of it was actuall ...more
Julie
Jan 29, 2016 rated it liked it
The Unforgettable Hero by Valerie Bowman is a 2016 St. Martin’s Press publication. I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This novella length historical romance moves at a super swift pace, and as a result the characters are nowhere close to being fleshed out properly. Still, for a quick lunch break read, I found it a nice distraction.

Cecilia, a wannabe novelist, desperate to sell her manuscript in order to afford medical care for her
Sonya Heaney
Valerie Bowman writes historical romances on the light and fluffy end of the spectrum, whereas I usually go for darker and more serious books. I thought I’d try this novella anyway, and while I enjoyed some aspects of it, it definitely needs a massive suspension of disbelief.

Your enjoyment of The Unforgettable Hero will be based on two things:

#1 Whether or not realistic depictions of amnesia and illness are important to you.

#2 Your ability to deal with extremely fast-moving novella-style relatio
Kimberly Rocha~ Book Obsessed Chicks
Valerie Bowman is a go to author for me. I love this author's mind and the tales she weaves are gripping and entertaining. THE UNFORGETTABLE HERO, a novella in the Playful Brides series is no exception to Ms. Bowman's lively repertoire of romance.

Miss Cecilia Harcourt has been her younger sister's caregiver since their parents untimely passing. They both are under the thumb of their unlikeable Aunt and Uncle, who have plans for Cecilia to marry their disagreeable son, Percy. An aspiring author,
Tracy Emro
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
**I received an eARC of this book from NetGalley and the publisher, in exchange for an honest review**

I thought this was a very sweet little novella. I haven't read the other books in this series, but had no problem at all following the story.

Cecelia is desperate - her parents have passed away. She and her younger sister (who is very ill) are at the mercy of her aunt and uncle. Her relatives have decided that she will marry their son and Cecelia is adamantly opposed to this idea. She has written
Pamela
Jan 21, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 stars - I like Ms. Bowman's style and this was another cute story. I do wish that it had been a little bit longer so that the characters could have been more flushed out. Adam was a completely charming hero, easy to fall for. It was nice to see him and Cece find each other and get their chance at happiness.

**Thank you to the publisher and Net Galley in exchange of an honest review.**
Diana
Jan 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: rftc
original review at: http://ramblingsfromthischick.blogspo...
Anything Valerie Bowman writes I want to read. I just recently discovered her with the “Playful Brides” series and I just absolutely love her. I find her to be such a clever and witty storyteller! Even the stories that I did not love I really enjoyed! She is a very original and unique author and her characters are always memorable to me!

“The Unforgettable hero” is a novella about Cecelia Harcourt. Poor Cecelia is in a very dire situatio
Ria
Oct 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, historical
Very cute, the swift movement of the novella doesn't allow much time to puzzle over some of the more imagination-stretching moments.
Debbie Oxier
Apr 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a quick read and very enjoyable. Cecelia Harcourt wrote a romance novel and was hoping to get it published in order to keep from marrying her horrible cousin Percy. When her parents died in a carriage accident, Cecelia and her sister, Mary went to live with their aunt and uncle. Mary had a lung disease that required a special, expensive medicine. It was no secret their uncle had fallen on hard times and only wanted Cecelia to marry his son so he could get his hands on her dowry. By publ ...more
Adria's Musings
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was ok
Originally posted on Adria's Romance Reviews

* A copy of this book was provided by the publisher via NetGalley for the purpose of an honest review.

Cecelia Harcourt hopes to escape a forced marriage to her cousin by selling her novel but on the way home from a potential publisher’s; she is hit by a coach and loses her memory. She meets Lieutenant Adam Hunt and believes he is the hero of her novel and she the heroine. As Adam tries to find out who his mystery woman is, the two become closer and clo
Ermione Pickwick
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was ok

I enjoy very much unexpected characteristics in historical romances; here the heroine, Cecilia, is a writer and as a matter of fact I like writers in romances, this is a point on its favour. The event that brings the hero, Adam, and the heroine together is very smart indeed, but at the same time here comes the problem that most of the novella have. Following my idea of love, there is a minimum amount of time (which I'd say is longer than a week or so) needed for such a strong feeling to be devel
Belinda
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
This was a very funny and cute book set in Regency times. The story line involved two people who had decisions to make about their lives. Cecelia Harcourt is set on selling her novel to a publisher for money she needs badly. She and her ill sister are alone in the world since her parents deaths. Cecelia is trying to escape a forced marriage to her utterly despicable cousin she loathes. On her way home from the meeting the publisher, she is struck down by a coach and is rescued by a man. Since th ...more
Brenda
Feb 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
SYNOPSIS

Due to his brother's influence, Lieutenant Adam Hunt finds himself honorably discharged from the army. Adam intends to make his way in the world without the he
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Posted on What I'm Reading
What can I say about The Unforgettable Hero. First off, if you haven't read the previous books you will be fine. This story focuses on Adam Hunt and Valerie doesn't delve to deep into what happen to Adam. Basically, Adam is trying to move forward from his mishap and try to figure out his way when he stumbles upon Cecelia Harcourt who happens to get hit by a carriage. Now she's in the care of Adam and his family, and she can't remember who she is and believes she's her c
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-netgalley
This is book 4.5 in the "Playful Brides" series. I have been jumping around in the series so I would easily say this is a standalone book It is also about 100 pages which I like when I am in the mode for a quick read that I don't have keep coming back too. I have enjoyed the series and can't wait for the next book in this series.
This book is about Cecelia Harcourt and her sister Mary. Cecelia parents dies a few years ago which has left Cecelia and Mary with their Uncle. Money is tight and with
Cathy Geha
Mar 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Cecilia and her younger sister Mary have been at the mercy of their rather overbearing relatives for two years. It is Cecilia’s dream to come up with a way to earn enough money to provide for Mary and remove them both from their relatives clutches. With that in mind she pens a book, offers it to a publisher, is hit by a carriage and loses her memory. Adam Hunt sees the accident, comes to her rescue and then becomes her in more ways than one.

This is a fun, well written, quick read that deals wit
Susan Parkes
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC copy of this book for an honest review. I give it 5 stars.

Cecelia Harcourt lives in fear of an arranged marriage to her cousin Percy so she writes a romance novel in order to get money so that she and her sister have the means to live on their own and not be at the mercy of her Aunt and Uncle. On the day she takes her novel to the publisher an accident happens and she loses her memory.

Adam Hunt is walking and witnesses the accident so rushes to Cecelia's aid, he takes her to h
eyes.2c
... dreaming of a hero!

Returning from a disappointing meeting with a publisher Cecelia Harcourt is knocked over by a carriage and falls unconscious. Lieutenant Adam Hunt, recently discharged from the army, lends her his assistance. The problem is that Cecelia has lost her memory and she views Adam as the hero from her novel. (It's Adam's brother, the Duke of Claringdon who is the hero and who is pulling strings that Adam doesn't want him to.)
Cecelia unwittingly takes on the identity of the lead
Julie
Feb 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: regency
Cecelia Harcourt has written a romance novel and she hopes to get it published so she can avoid an arranged marriage to her cousin Percy, she would financially then have the means to live on her own with her sister who needed medical treatment.
On her day to the publisher the unthinkable happens, there's an accident and her memory gets slightly confused.

Adam Hunt witness the accident and come to her aid. He takes the unconscious woman to his brothers home and sends for a doctor. Cecelia finally a
Arshia
Feb 10, 2016 rated it liked it
This was a cheesy feel good story. I really liked Cecelia, she was trying her best to survive and save her family from ruin. As for Adam, he was having a hard time finding a place for himself. Things had changed for his family so fast and he couldn't find his footing. However, with Cecelia's help he found his purpose and his calling. I read this story in one sitting and loved it.
Chelsea Johnson
2.5 Stars!!

Nelle Nazario
You gotta love an Amnesia novel! This one was a cute, fun read. Yes you have to take into account this is fiction and somethings wouldn't necessarily happen in real life. (going to a ball after being struck in the head by a coach?) But all in all it was sweet story.
Mary Craven
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Had to use my trusty Kindle to read this novella in the series. It is numbered 4.5! It tells the less complicated story of how Adam Hunt, Lord Derek's little brother meets his fair lady and finds a career for himself. Always an enjoyable read.
Kelly Dunn
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I always enjoy Valerie's books and this was an enjoyable read. My only complaint is it was too short..
Heidi
Apr 28, 2018 rated it liked it
This book was a quick nice read not much to it but was enjoyable for a nice nights read.
Annette Meier
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Delightful novella drawing the younger brother and his sister-in-law's tricks and schemeing.
Zoë Ann
Sep 30, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 magical little stars
Erin
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
A sweet, madcap adventure featuring amnesia and scheming relatives. Just the right tone for a novella!
Kelsey
It was a novella and I do so hate novella lengths.

And in no subsequent books do we meet Adam, Cece, or Mary so that's disappointing.
Pam  Bereznak
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love all her books!
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Add cover 2 11 Jan 31, 2016 10:13AM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Nov 25, 2015 10:12AM

• Beyond Scandal and Desire (Sins for All Seasons, #1)
  • When a Duke Loves a Woman (Sins for All Seasons, #2)
  • Say Yes to the Duke (The Wildes of Lindow Castle, #5)
  • Silk Is for Seduction (The Dressmakers, #1)
  • Scandal Wears Satin (The Dressmakers, #2)
  • The Beast of Beswick (Everleigh Sisters, #1)
  • Lord Holt Takes a Bride (The Mating Habits of Scoundrels, #1)
  • Say No to the Duke (The Wildes of Lindow Castle, #4)
  • Daring and the Duke (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #3)
  • Dukes Prefer Blondes (The Dressmakers, #4)
  • The Rogue Not Taken (Scandal & Scoundrel, #1)
  • Lady Ruthless (Notorious Ladies of London, #1)
  • It's in His Kiss (Bridgertons, #7)
  • When He Was Wicked (Bridgertons, #6)
  • Agent 355
  • A Wicked Kind of Husband (Longhope Abbey, #3)
  • A Beastly Kind of Earl (Longhope Abbey, #1)
  • A Night to Surrender (Spindle Cove, #1)
Valerie Bowman is an award-winning author who writes Regency-set historical romance novels aka Racy Regency Romps!

Valerie’s debut novel was published in 2012. Since then, her books have received starred reviews from Publisher’s Weekly, Booklist, and Kirkus. She’s been an RT Reviewers’ Choice nominee for Best First Historical Romance and Best Historical Romance Love and Laughter. Two of her books h

Playful Brides (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Unexpected Duchess (Playful Brides, #1)
  • The Accidental Countess (Playful Brides, #2)
  • The Unlikely Lady (Playful Brides, #3)
  • The Irresistible Rogue (Playful Brides, #4)
  • The Untamed Earl (Playful Brides, #5)
  • The Legendary Lord (Playful Brides, #6)
  • Never Trust a Pirate (Playful Brides, #7)
  • The Right Kind of Rogue (Playful Brides, #8)
  • A Duke Like No Other (Playful Brides, #9)
  • Kiss Me at Christmas (Playful Brides, #10)

News & Interviews