Start by marking “The SEAL's Rebel Librarian (Alpha Ops, #2)” as Want to Read:
The SEAL's Rebel Librarian (Alpha Ops, #2)

The SEAL's Rebel Librarian

(Alpha Ops #2)

The second in the Alpha Ops novella series that features an alpha Navy SEAL and the librarian who brings him to his knees.

Jack Powell never planned on leaving the Navy, but his final mission as a SEAL left him with a tremor and a bad case of nerves. He's home, taking some college classes and trying to figure out what comes next when he meets Erin Kent, a divorced college l
Published March 1st 2016 by Swerve

To ask other readers questions about The SEAL's Rebel Librarian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The SEAL's Rebel Librarian

Baba
4 steamy stars. Review posted February 15, 2016

photo oie_KzLC8vMnfQun 1_zpstqnjn30h.gif
 photo oie_NBCXuqMR3Z49_zpssr5w8vwx.gif

“You can call me your motorcycle purchase advisor. I can tell you I’m not enrolled as a degree-seeking student at Lancaster College, that I’m just taking a couple of classes. But that doesn’t suit a woman who just walked into a Ducati dealership with her eye on a Monster and straight up told the salesman to fuck off when he tried to talk her into a Rebel. Which, for the record, only pussies and girls ride. You’re neither.”
Her lips parted in surpri
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
3.75 Stars

I knew this was gonna be a go-to series for me when I first read The SEAL's Secret Lover. Anne Calhoun is a fantastically talented author that can pack in so much development for both her characters and their story in just a few short pages and also make it incredibly steamy. I typically have a hard time forming connections with characters in under 100 pages, but I don't have this issue here. The characters are highly developed, their stories truly jump out at you, and I fall hard for
♥Rachel♥
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Erin Kent may look prim, proper and professional as a librarian in Lancaster’s College Clarke Library, but underneath all that is a free spirit. Her thirst for new experiences and daring was stifled by her ex-husband until she couldn’t take it anymore. Now, finally, after her divorce has been final for six months, Erin is getting to her daredevil to-do list. Buy and ride a motorcycle, skydive, and date are part of her list and she’s about to check off several things when Jack Powell comes into h ...more
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
Quickly becoming one of the top series I have read so far this year, the second book in the Alpha Ops series, The Seal’ Rebel Librarian, has just out-shinned its predecessor, The Seal’s Secret Lover. These novellas are short yet packed with amazing storylines and well written characters. You feel welcomed and a part of this world within moments of beginning each read.

Jack Powell is battling PTSD. He has found solace and comfort within the walls of a college library. It is within these dimly lit
Mo
May 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Another quick read from this author. Hero with some sort of PTSD. Librarian!

She is divorced and wants to start living her life a bit more ... ride a motorcycle, sky-dive. You get the drift.

But under her prim and proper clothes ...

Not bad, if you want a quick, hot read.

Claire Robinson
May 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shit-hot-series, smp
3.5 - "With you I'm not ordinary." Stars!

I am really enjoying the novellas in this series. The author is new to me, and she hasn't disappointed with the characters, story-lines or more importantly the sexy-times so far.

Onto the next!
Feb 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
ARC received for review

This one was slightly better than the first. It was nice to finally meet Jack after hearing so much about him in Keenan and Rose's HEA. Erin is recently divorced and working on a list of things to do that her ex didn't approve of. Jack helps her out with it and while doing so they fall in love. Great story with insta-lust and sex. We hear about Jack and Keenan's friend Hawthorne who we will get to know more of in the next book.
RachelW (BamaGal)
Feb 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Put that old-fashioned sounding book title out of your head right now; this was a sexy little number that left me fanning my face. I think I liked this better than the first book. Anne Calhoun can do more with a short story format than just about anyone I know.

Erin wants to take a walk on the wild side after her divorce; and ex-SEAL Jack is more than happy to show her the way. Great little story; sweet and steamy sexy at the same time...and I loved the ending. Fantastic read, and I can't wait fo
Kate ☀️ Olson
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Librarian romance. LOVED IT
Lady Heather

5 "I changed my mind" stars!

Damn! This author can write erotica!

hip kiss photo hipkiss.gif

What a nice, short, hotter-than-hell read!

Erin Kent is a librarian at Lancaster College's Clarke Library.
She's had dreams and goals that she always wanted to fulfill.
Unfortunately, she was in a marriage where she felt stifled and suffocated.
Her husband didn't support her wants, but rather cast doubt and offered criticism to every idea she voiced.
Erin has been divorced for over 6 months now, and she's made a list.
Her list consi
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3 Stars***

This was a quick, steamy, and enjoyable novella between a Navy SEAL with a form of PTSD and a recently divorced librarian who's looking to break out of her stifling life and start living it.

The story was a bit underdeveloped so I didn't have as much as I wanted to sink my teeth into (especially when it comes to Jack's PTSD which was never really explained and then POOF it just went away and he was okay) and the pacing was definitely rushed....a few weeks and a handful of encounters
Ivy Deluca
description
The second book by Ms. Calhoun that I've read and really enjoyed. It's a novella packed with really good character development and excellent chemistry between Erin and Jack. Ms. Calhoun has a talent for really setting the scene and allowing her characters to reveal themselves through their dialogue. When I got to the end of it, I wanted more and was genuinely surprised that the timeframe for their relationship is so condensed. That’s the mark of a good writer. Honestly, I would have rated even h
G.
Jan 25, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5/5
Asked a librarian out for a drink and got turned down.
lol too smart for the likes of you

Ha. That drink somehow turned into motorcycle shopping and skydiving, among other things. Anyway, I thought this was a stronger novella than the the first one. Anne Calhoun has a golden touch when it comes to breathing life into her characters. That said, I wish this was longer, because these characters had more story in them. That's the only reason I'm not rating this higher.
Vicki
Feb 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
I liked this one a crumb more than the first in the series. The characters were completely believable to me and I liked how they both knew what they wanted. Jack didn't try to hide his issues, instead he was working on them and although Erin was hesitant, she did what she set out to do. Loved the ending.

***copy provided by NetGalley
Caz Malpas
4 SEALING IT WITH A KISS STARS!

A Navy Seal and a Librarian........... No need to say anymore I had to read it. A great little book to read in between angsty and dark reads. Plenty of smouldering sex and the odd knee trembler too! Loved it!
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup.

Sexy with a heavy dose of Ohmigod, yes, please! The SEAL's Rebel Librarian was a naughty little treat as Emily--who is a librarian (yay!)--decides it's time to go a little crazy and do all the things she wasn't allowed to try during her stiffing marriage. Sky diving and motorcycle buying topping that list. A sexy temporary fling with a younger man? Hell yeah that's getting added to her list of things to do now too!

The hero

So many lickable things. So.
Kim Bailey
Feb 10, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

A sweet and sexy, light read that had me smiling from start to finish.

This was my first time reading this author. Honestly, the title really caught my attention - rebel librarian? Who can pass that up? This book did live up to the title in some ways. It certainly had it's share of adrenaline junkie moments. And, while the librarian was just learning to be a rebel, I admired her courage and determination to step outside of her comfort zone.
There were a few things that seemed a bit forced
Keri
2.5 Stars. I wish I would have liked this as much everybody else. I guess I am harder on the grade when it comes to editing and there were some glaring, obvious errors in the details. A good beta reader or editor would have helped this book out tremendously. Other than that it was an ok read for me.
namericanwordcat
There is a lot of good in this book. It is sexy with super hot flirting in the library between an ex-Navy SEAL and a recently divorced librarian.

The sorrow over the divorce or really the heartbreak of an unsupportive marriage is well done. There is a a couple of twists that are really nice in the plot.

What doesn't work is that everything is rushed so the emotionial connection between the leads feels off. The sex is a bit too fast and out of character as is the hero's over coming of PTSD.

I real
Talk Supe
Mar 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
Another no frills, drama free, sexy shorty. This installment is adrenalin charged from motorcycles to sky diving, sex in public, to casual hook ups. I love Erin's character, hot naughty librarian carpe diem-ing post divorce. Jack I didn't connect much with, hes so guarded and by the time we get a peek at his soul, the story's over. Love this installment just the same.
Sunny
Feb 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: a-contemporary
4.5 stars. I love Anne Calhoun's work. It makes me happy. The strength of this story is not necessarily about the plot, which is good, but the relationships that really stand out for me. More review to come.
Hannah
Mar 06, 2016 rated it liked it
ARC REVIEW

An Alpha Ops novella by Anne Calhoun, not what I expected. I was expecting the typical shy quiet librarian looking for excitement instead what I got was a emotionally bruised divorcee looking to banish the narcissistic voice of her ex-husband who constantly belittled her and guilt tripped her into getting everything he wanted. I was expecting a alpha hero out to woo the shy but sexy librarian what I got was a emotionally damaged SEAL suffering from PTSD who ended up being seduced by t
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Feb 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: romance lovers who need a little push to reach for their dreams
PTSD can come in different forms. For Jack, he loses control of his body which infuriates him. His shakes and lack of coordination make no sense to him. Trying to recover at home is not helping much. When he decides to enroll in some classes at a local college, he finds a prim and proper librarian to jolt him alive. Erin Kent is going through her midlife crisis early. Recently divorced, she feels free to finally stop compromising and living with a regrets. Her regrets all start with the word "no ...more
SmartBitches
Sep 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Full review at Smart Bitches, Trashy Books

During a recent podcast with Molly O’Keefe, I learned about this novella, and really, who can resist the bundle of title temptation that is The SEAL’s Rebel Librarian? Not me, that’s for sure.

I really liked this story. Alas, it suffered from one of the major hurdles of novella-ing in romance: the hero and heroine didn’t know each other prior to the start of the story. That’s a lot of progress to make in a short time frame, and in my experience, the novel
Tanya
Mar 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, arc
This is the second novella in this series. Here we have Jack, Rose's brother (from book 1), and we see him with his PTSD that apparently kept him from accompanying his grandma to Turkey. He is taking a college class, so in the library for research. There he meets Erin, the research librarian at the university. I can't honestly remember how old he is, but younger than Erin's 34 years. She is divorced and just starting to live again, take risks, and he becomes her companion in some casual fun. But ...more
Christine
Feb 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I wanted to read about the mysterious Jack Powell even before I finished the first one in the series, The SEAL's Secret Lover. Give him a librarian heroine (my romantic catnip) and I'm in. Bonus: we get glimpses of Keenan and Jack's sister Rose, which I loved even if it felt silly and pointless for them to hide their relationship from Jack.

A divorced librarian hooking up with a younger guy, a SEAL no less, and oh yes, motorcycles and skydiving. It shouldn't have worked, especially with Jack fig
Ellie
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it

I was really enjoying this story and then bam! the end which killed almost all my joy. It was nice and fitting HEA but so rushed and out of the blue that it made me angry. I feel this story could have fabulous if it was novel length, there was so much potential. Still, I loved the characters, their romance and their journey together. It would have been another 5 star read by Anne Calhoun if it was not the ending.
Darcy
Feb 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
I found myself smiling while reading this one. I loved how Erin was redefining her life, how she didn't let her ex's words drag her down. Jack was just the person she needed in her life, one who encouraged her new direction in life. I was glad that Keenan clued Jack in on Erin's feelings and Jack did something about it. These two needed to be together, facing life's adventures side by side.
Jeannie
Nov 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: auto-buy-author
Anything by Anne is usually great for me, she's one of my favorite authors. But this one fell short in some areas, mostly due to the short page count. The ending was abrupt and the "I love you" proclaimed after they'd only been seeing each other for what I surmised to be about a week. The sex was hot, as always, and the character development good. I just wanted so much more of Jack.
Marlene
Mar 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Originally published at Reading Reality

I’m reviewing these two books together because I read them back to back. And as they are part of the same series, in the overarching story they end up bookending each other, and I mean that in a good way.

Also, honestly, I read The SEAL's Secret Lover because I really, really wanted to read The SEAL’s Rebel Librarian, being a librarian myself. I wanted to see if the author went to stereotype city, or if she created a realistic character I might either want t

• Deeper Than Dreams (Love & Steel, #1.5)
  • Tyler Tied Up (Nature of Desire #7.2)
  • One Perfect Night
  • Burn For Me (Secrets & Shadows, #0.5)
  • Double Dare (The Chronicles of Katrina, #2)
  • His Road Home
  • The Art of the Heart
  • The Heart of It
  • Broken Resolutions (Lovestruck Librarians, #1)
  • Big Boy
  • Take Down (Billionaire's Club: New Orleans #3)
  • Someday It Will Be
  • Perfect Day (Wyatt & Graham, #1)
  • The Story Guy
  • To Have and to Hold (Returning Home, #3)
  • Lake of Dreams
  • Whatever Remains
  • Holding On (Colorado High Country, #6)
After doing time at Fortune 500 companies on both coasts, I found myself living in the suburbs of a small Midwestern city. The glamour of various cube farm jobs had worn off, so I gave up making a decent living to take Joseph Campbell’s advice and follow my bliss: writing romance.

Alpha Ops (6 books)
  • The SEAL's Secret Lover (Alpha Ops, #1)
  • The SEAL's Second Chance (Alpha Ops, #3)
  • Under the Surface (Alpha Ops, #4)
  • Going Deep (Alpha Ops, #5)
  • Turn Me Loose (Alpha Ops, #6)