Start by marking “Dark Alpha's Embrace (Reaper #2; Dark World #24)” as Want to Read:
Dark Alpha's Embrace (Reaper #2; Dark World #24)

Dark Alpha's Embrace (Reaper #2)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  798 Ratings  ·  112 Reviews
An exclusive new series from New York Times bestselling author Donna Grant!

There's no escaping a Reaper. I'm an elite assassin, part of a brotherhood that only answers to Death. And when Death says your time is up, I'm coming for you...

I'm a warrior. My unbreakable determination, my backbone of steel define me. As a Reaper who does Death's bidding, weakness is a word I don
Published February 16th 2016 by Swerve

To ask other readers questions about Dark Alpha's Embrace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Alpha's Embrace

Maya
ARC received via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

description

I loved the first book and this one was amazing as well. I'm so happy there will be more books in this series, since I'd love to see their journey continue in the future.

description

Donna Grant created a world that kept my attention from the start. The plot is creative and refreshing, also the characters are quite likable. What I like the most is that we get more than one POV. That's definitely keeping things interesting and fresh. Since this is
XxTainaxX
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was the best one I've read yet. This series and that of the Kings, which runs simultaneously, has been a bit of a yoyo for me alternating between liking and not liking certain stories. Kyran and River share a pretty awesome story. River is half fae and hiding her nature as her family is hunted by the dark. I took well to River because she is a strong heroine. She kicks @$$. Kyran was characterized solidly with things that set him apart and made him a great hero. His tragic story provided gr ...more
Claire Robinson
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shit-hot-series, smp
4 - "I won't let you down." Stars!

The second book in Donna Grant’s Reaper series continues the story of the Reapers as a whole, but gives us Kyran’s story and background in a little more depth.

I think the thing I really like about this series is that the author hits the ground running, yes there are a lot of characters to get your head around, but they were so well integrated in the first book that it really wasn’t a struggle to step right back into the story as a whole.

Only a fool would walk a
Marta Cox
Jan 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-reviews, netgalley
This the second book in the Reaper series follows on from Dark Alphas Claim but I can't help but think the titles are a little off. Yes the Reapers serve Death but it's nothing like the usual interpretation that abounds in paranormal fiction. Here Death is a female with a seemingly endless supply of magic and those who serve her are Fae, both light and dark. If you have read the Dark Kings books then this world will feel familiar and indeed it does cross over.
The Reapers have been recruited by
Samantha
Feb 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 darkly magical stars.

Kyran gets his own love story with his leading lady as River. Death is finally starting to accept that her Reapers need love to function properly which is why she isn't completely against River and Kyran. This book moves further into the Reaper struggle and world. More issues arise to which River is needed. There's also a deeper look into Death's heart and world which makes you feel for her as she loves yet does not act upon it.

River's family has been hunted by Dark Fae f
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

I was caught by surprise by this book. I don’t know why because in the past, I’ve enjoyed most of Donna Grant’s book but for whatever reason I found myself really enjoying this book more than her others. I think this mainly has to do with the heroine, River.

When readers first meet River, we don’t know much about her other than the fact that she likes books. And when the two men come crashing in demanding that she hand over these books, River stands her ground. She doesn’t do it because she’s s
Danielle
Nov 01, 2015 rated it liked it
After reading Dark Alpha's Claim last year I couldn't wait to watch the rest of the Reaper's get their HEA, and while I did enjoy Dark Alpha's Embrace, it definitely didn't compare to the first book in this series.

If you read the first book then you know that Death made an exception to the rules when it comes to Reapers falling in love which gave all of them just a little bit of hope that they might find love themselves. When Kyran and River meet the attraction is undeniable which means it's onl
Laurie
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My inner paranormal/fantasy junky is a happy camper right now. I liked the first book in the series, but I think it was hampered by the world building required for a new paranormal series. Dark Alpha’s Embrace had no such problems. I highly suggest you read the Dark Alpha’s Claim first because I think you’ll be a little lost if you don’t since there is an overarching storyline going on here, with lots of mystery and intrigue.

Kyran and River have dark histories, both deeply wounded but not broken
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
One of the things about Donna Grant’s Reaper series that intrigued me from the very beginning was the fact that they were a group of Fae made up of both Light and Dark. The facts about the Dark have always shown them as evil, vile beings. The Reapers are comprised of both and they work together as a team. I was eager to see this aspect. In the second book from the Reaper series we get to know a little more about the Reapers from Kyran, a Dark Fae.

Each Reaper has suffered a betrayal that left the
Emalie
Jan 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads
Dark Alpha’s Embrace is the second book in the Reaper series and tells the story of Kyran, a Dark fae, and River, a librarian and fae descandant.

Originally I hoped this book would be about Eoghan, because I wanted him to get his story, but I am glad about how thing turned out. I wasn’t disappointed by Kyran’s story.

I liked both, him and River. Kyran, because he was one of the bad guys who decided to switch sides and River, because she kicks ass and she loved books. Their romance was sweet.

The st
Linda
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An addictive, fast-paced paranormal romance with danger lurking at every turn!

Kyran was a Dark Fae, but that's not what she saw when she loo9ked at him. She saw a man who was devoted to his friends and his cause. She saw a man who was haunted by his past.
She saw a man who made her think of the future.

DARK ALPHA'S EMBRACE by Donna Grant is a daring and emotional second installment in the author' Reaper series. It is the story of dark fae reaper Kyran and half-fae River. River rates as one of my
Marsha Spohn
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

Dark Alpha’s Embrace takes the reader into a world where Death is not as we know it – and those who serve her are far from the Grim Reapers we’ve seen before. I found the universe created by Ms Grant to be fascinating and compelling. While there are a lot of characters in this series, they each have their own story to be the main focus of. The first novella in this series introduced us to them all and it was a full roster of people to remember.

Dark ALpha’s Embrace gi
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Jan 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-netgalley
This is book two in the "Reaper" series. I have read book one 'Dark Alpha's Claim' but I total felt this was a standalone book. So if you haven't read book one yet it won't be a problem for you.
Kyran is a Reaper but also him and his friends are trying to save half-Fae who are being stalked and killed because they are half-blood. Which lead him and his friends to a historical library where they are looking for clues to help stop the hunters. There Kyran meets the librarian whose name is River an
Jacque
You got to love a book that feels like two in one because that’s exactly how Donna Grant’s Reaper series feels. Romance and intrigue rolled un in one enjoyable book.

First the romance. Kyran and River. Both have tragic backstories. Both are lonely. Both are fierce. River is no shrinking violet. She knows exactly what she is and is going to protect her books from all comers at any cost. Kyran as tough as he is, I think he is the more sensitive of the two. The instant attraction between them comes
Sportochick
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is written with such descriptive detail that it causes the reader to disappear into the pages of the story and only come out when it is over.

This second book of A Reaper Novel series does not disappoint the reader in fact it gets even better than book one, Dark Alpha's Claim, which in itself is an awesome read.

River, what a great name for the female main character and this quiet unassuming librarian will mess with all your preconceived ideas of what a librarian should look and act like
Eva Millien
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Weakness is a word that Kyran as a Reaper for Death has no understanding of until he finds River White standing in the way of his mission and she crushes his defenses yet makes him stronger in this thrilling paranormal romance.

River knows just what the Fae are capable of and she has no intention of letting them win and the thrills immediately grab the reader’s attention as River not only stands in the way of the Reaper’s mission but the Dark’s as well. Anticipation and exhilaration builds contin
Sultry Steamy Reading
I received an ARC of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

As a second book in its series, Dark Alpha's Embrace continues on with the Reapers finding love, despite the seemingly impossible odds. I wasn't able to read the first book when it came out, but I did make it a point to look for that book before I read this second installment. To be honest, I think I liked the first book better. I guess it's because of the world-building and introduction that happened in that book
Trish R.
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome..

Yay! Another Reapers story!

I loved the first story and couldn’t wait for more. Loved Baylon and Jordyn’s story and I was hoping River and Kyran’s would be just as good. I love all the reapers: Cael, Talin, Eoghan (who doesn’t speak,) Dair (whose off following Rhi, of the Dragon Kings) and Fintan. Oh, Talin and his favorite word “vexed” was pretty funny, and irritated Kyran all to hell.

Love, love, love Erith (AKA Death.) She is just awesome. I wish she was in the books more than she is.
Kelly at
Nov 01, 2015 rated it really liked it

Review will be posted at www.books-n-kisses.com .

NUMBER OF HEARTS: 4
Dark Alpha’s Embrace picks up where we left off in Dark Alpha’s Claim. With the Reapers fighting an old enemy and learning how to cope with changes that they never thought would happen.
I enjoyed this second installment in the Reaper’s series. I love all the Reapers. They are so serious, loyal and fun!! I really enjoyed the addition of River to this series. It should be interesting to see how she copes with all the changes comi
Debra Taylor
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Dark Alpha's Embrace is the second book in the latest paranormal series from Donna Grant. Her new Reaper Series is every bit as amazing as her other books and best of all there is an intricately woven tie in to the other series. As much I loved the first book, Dark Alpha's Claim, I think this one was an even more exciting read. I absolutely loved everything about it.

Kyran and River had an amazing connection and the trust that they had in each other was incredible. Of course, they both had some
Donna Maguire

I actually read Dark Alpha's Embrace back in February this year but I have just realised that I didn't actually it my review online. Dark Alpha's Embrace is the second book in the Reaper series and it is a series that I am already loving!! This book is really well written and has Donna's usual flare for detail. I loved how the story within this book runs through that of the Dark Kings too and the characters can cross over being set in the same period. I do
Heather andrews
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
River sometimes has an agenda of her own, at times that is not having her man stop, "when he tried to end the kiss, River refused to let him. He spun her, pushing her back against a wall of granite. His thick arousal pressed into her stomach. “I burn for you,” he rasped between fiery kisses." I really enjoyed this book, great start to a new series and I'm so anxious to see what happens next.
Deannie
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Second in this spin-off of her Dark Swords and Dark King series. It's a must read and I can't wait for number 3.

Donna Grant is at her finest and I love her books! It's a must read!

This ARC was kindly provided by NetGalley for an hones review!
OpenBookSociety.com
May 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: heidi
Patricia
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Two books in and I'm already in love with the Reaper series.

In Dark Alpha's Claim we are introduced to the world of the Reapers and what that means. I guess if you already read the authors previous series and know this is a spinoff you already have one up on the rest of us. Despite not reading the other series YET....I am absolutely in love with this. The first book has us up and close with Baylon and Jordyn. Each woman has a special skill not to mention they are half fae themselves and usually
TinaMarie
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Julie
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Half fae/human, River was a feisty one, hiding from life by living with her books and memories. Kyran, a dark fae, had his own demons to exorcise. He rarely sat still and lived for the next fight. Their first meeting didn’t go as well as planned, but by their second...well:)

This one had a great plot to sink my teeth in to! Death has some bad news, Bran is still pain in the patootie, and the Reapers, well, those guys are my new favorites!
vamsally
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Second reaper finds love

As expected, another Reaper finds love. Dark and conflicted, he is not immune to finding love with a half fae. With romance there's also a lot of action and background subplot between Death and her possible love interest. Happy ending for the couple but the suspense continues.
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
This librarian was in for so much more than she was expecting, but she was prepared for more than they opponent thought her capable. I can't help but feel that I am missing something very important her. So of course I have to go back and read the gaps. But no matter its a Donna Grant read and in the PNR world she can bring it every time.
Teresa
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Book two in the Reaper series did not disappoint me. It was a great quick read, and I really loved Kyran and River. The love story between these two was good, lots of paranormal action and suspense. I can't wait to read book three :)
  • Bring Me a Dream (Reveler, #5)
  • Tall, Dark and Immortal (Entity, #4)
  • To Catch His Mate (Crescent Moon, #5)
  • Searing Ecstasy (Guardians of the Realms #7)
  • The Dark Vampire (Last True Vampire, #3)
  • Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
  • Rocked by Love (Gargoyles, #4)
  • Shifter's Claim (The Shadow Shifters, #4)
  • Fury of Obsession (Dragonfury, #5)
  • Wicked Edge (Realm Enforcers, #2)
  • Burned by Darkness (Dragons of Eternity, #1)
  • The Devil in Disguise (Bad Things, #1)
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Vampire (Dead in the City, #4)
  • Caged Magic (Wing Slayer Hunters #5)
  • From Scratch (Blue Plate, #1)
  • Base Instincts (Demonica #13.5)
  • Her Fierce Warrior (X-Ops, #4)
Donna is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over forty-five novels. Her most popular series is the breathtaking Dark King (aka Dragon King) series featuring dragons, immortal Highlanders, and the Fae.

In addition to her novels, Donna has written over forty short stories, novellas, and novelettes for digital-first and print release. She has been dubbed as giving the “paranormal g
More about Donna Grant

Reaper (6 books)
  • Dark Alpha's Claim (Reaper #1; Dark World #22)
  • Dark Alpha’s Demand (Reaper #3)
  • Dark Alpha's Lover (Reaper, #4)
  • Dark Alpha's Night (Reaper, #5)
  • Dark Alpha's Hunger (Reaper, #6)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
  • The Replacement Crush
    $5.99 $0.00
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Flight (Up in the Air, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Dance (Billionaire Bachelors, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Death's head cocked to the side. "I can be very ... persuasive ... when needed.” 2 likes
“Her eyes opened and clashed with his. Kyran had the insane urge to lean down and kiss her. Twice in a matter of hours. If he were smart, he'd put some distance between them.
Then again, only a fool would walk away from someone like her.
And Kyran wasn't a fool.”
2 likes