Start by marking “3 Times the Heat” as Want to Read:
3 Times the Heat

3 Times the Heat

(Dirty Down South #3)

Clyde
I’m country, through and through. I keep to myself, minding my father’s land and take care of my two younger brothers. I like to think of myself as a law-abiding citizen. I mean - what the law doesn’t know doesn’t hurt, right?

My life was simple and neat, until little Miss Shyla showed up one day. The feisty woman was determined to put me in my place, however she was e
Published April 16th 2018 by Sapphire Knight

To ask other readers questions about 3 Times the Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 3 Times the Heat

Start your review of 3 Times the Heat
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
I rest my case. *facepalm*

“My mom said to get pregnant, so you’ll marry me.”
He laughs—not a chuckle or snicker, but a loud belly laugh. I love the sound, especially after the seriousness of everything I’ve just confessed to him. “Oh yeah?”
“Yep. I didn’t know what to do, so I came to seduce you.”
His lips fall to the top of my head, leaving a kiss behind along with amused chuckles. “You on birth control, Shy?” he asks me after a moment, and I refuse to lie to him ever again.
“Nope.”

photo image_zpsikzgtyfj.jpeg
Tricia Bartley.  #AuthorStalker
Yesss...I just love me a 2nd Chance Romance!! I love the angst and I love the push and pull, the cat and mouse and the strong sexual tension that comes with the story...Eeppp 3 Times the Heat did not disappoint!!!

Sooo get ready ladies, Clyde will be your next BBF and holy cow, isn't this cover HAWT?? Annnddd a Cowboy.Sighssss....sooo very yummy!! : )

Clyde and Shyla are high school sweethearts. Clyde was the jock and Shyla was the cheerleader. Clyde wanted to marry Shyla..they were to go off to c
Britt The Hatters
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet, swoony, and scorching hot! 3 Times The Heat was a second chance romance that totally melted my heart. This is the kind of book you can pick up, sit back, and get completely lost in. I was curled up in my comfy reading chair for hours totally wrapped up in Shyla and Clyde’s story. Overflowing with sweep you off your feet romance and moments that had me cracking up I had a blast reading this.

Clyde was one hot, sexy, stubborn alpha. He. Was. Delicious. It was obvious how much he still loved
Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 Stars.....

This is my first Sapphire Knight book. That said, it is not my last. Oh, no.

So there are three Owens brothers. Tyler, Nate and Clyde. 3 Times the Heat states it is book three in this series. However, I am somewhat confused because book two was Nate's story and in book three, he is still single. I assume there was a change in release order for this series. Either way, I am looking forward to reading those other two.

I instantly fell in love with Clyde. He was the epitome of a gentlem
1-Click Addict Support Group
BLOGGERS!!!

Sign up for the cover reveal for 3 Times the Heat:

April Symes
3 Times The Heat is a sexy 2nd chance romance. Clyde and Shyla are high school sweethearts. Clyde wanted to marry Shyla, they even were going to go off to college together until something occurred that caused Shyla to lie to Clyde and tell him an untruth which broke his heart and hers. Fast forward several years down the line, Shyla is home. Clyde is all grown up and is all man. Alpha to the core. She returns to her home town with her Real estate license she approach's Clyde with papers of an of ...more
Lindsay
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 southern stars!
I really enjoyed the way this book came together. There were elements of surprise, laughter, love, and suspense.
When these two meet again, there’s so much tension coming out of the pages; I loved every minute of it. Clyde is definitely someone worth fighting for, and Shyla does! It’s not often you see a book where the heroine is trying her hardest to win back the hero’s heart. It was refreshing.
I was surprised with a few things that happened, twists I didn’t expect.
I definite
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
This is my first Sapphire story and I really enjoyed it. This is a wonderful love story between Clyde and Shyla that has great emotion and storyline. Love it. I voluntarily read an advanced reader copy for my honest review.
P. Marie
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky to beta read this, Clyde was my favorite because of his brooding personality and rough exterior. You want to really hate Shyla in this story but I found myself cheering her on the entire way. This story will make you feel butterflies in your stomach because the love is written so beautifully it feels so real. Sapphire writes with such heart it pours out in her words
Loved!
Sassy Southern
Apr 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Clyde and Shyla were high school sweethearts, completely in love, and looking toward their future when Clyde proposed to her, on the football field for all to see...and she said no. Now, this does not make Shyla look good at all, but she had reasons. While others, especially Clyde, may not agree, Shyla did what she felt was best, freeing him to follow his own dreams instead of putting them aside to follow hers.

Years later, Shyla is home and Clyde is now the sole guardian and provider of his two
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Sapphire Knight is bringing on the southern heat with her sexy new standalone that is totally rocked me world. This author isn't new to me but I think I might have a new fave from her because 3 Times the Heat brought on all of the loves, all of the feelings, and all of the second chances at forever.

She may have broke his heart all those years ago, but with everything in her, she's determined to win him back.

Shyla and Clyde had plans for their future until she wrecked everything, making t
Victoria Tortelini
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you love a tough farmer who also happens to be the hottest man around, look no further then Clyde Owens.
Born and raised on his family ranch, Clyde has big dreams of playing pro football with the girl of his dreams at his side. All that ends when his dream girl says no in front of everyone after the big game. Life takes over and years later, Clyde is running the family ranch. Love is the last thing on his mind when none other than his lost love comes looking to buy his land.
Shyla was always
Brandy Castenada
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
3 Times the Heat by Sapphire Knight . Sapphire Knight is one of my favorite authors, and she definitely did not disappoint with this read. I loved the storyline and each and every character she introduced to us in this book. Sapphire gave us a little bit of everything to touch on all of our emotions while reading this story. This read will have laugh, cry, swooned, blushed and even get angry. I was so attached to each page that I could not put the book down, and wanted to know what was gonna hap ...more
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

This is my FAVORITE series EVER from Sapphire Knight! I love a good looking, alpha male country man with an accent, sizzling sex appeal and a great personality, but when you add in a sassy, stubborn, persistent woman and a wildly heated second chance romance and you have a REAL WINNER!

3 Times The Heat is an excellent read. Brilliant, spunky, a great mix of heart and HOT romance, I ended up reading this book in less than a day! I really liked Clyde. He is one SEX
Books Laid Bare
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
The book didn’t just ride its southern charm like it’s life depended on it, nope so did Clyde and I think that if there was a guy like Clyde in my life I think I would be a puddle on the floor because he wielded that charm like a weapon!
Clyde and Shyla have history but is it a history that they can overcome?
Or will the pain that they both feel be enough to keep them in opposite corners, because they certainly seemed like they were ready to square off, but why?
They have loved each other for so lo
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review by: Jennifer
(4 stars)

So, just to start, this is the second book in this series, I would suggest you read book one 1st Time Love before diving into this, it just makes more sense. Clyde has taken a lot upon himself after his parents died. He now runs his family's land, and the little side business that his father had left them. When Shyla, Clyde's one and only that left him high and dry, shows up and offers to buy the place, Clyde's not happy, and that's putting it mildly. Shyla just keeps
Kylee
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who doesn't love a gorgeous cowboy with a huge side of family loyalty. 3 Times The Heat is a second chance romance with a lot of angst, drama and heat that will melt the screen off your Kindle. Clyde has a protective wall around his heart since his high school sweetheart Shyla broke his heart in front of the whole town and then some, all those years ago. His life now focused on working his parents farm and still looking out for his younger brothers is what Clyde keeps his mind and hands busy wit ...more
Beyond The Covers Blog
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gail
Junior High,Highschool,Football and Cheerleaders life seemed so simple then for Clyde. He came from a great family that everyone liked had a girlfriend that he and his family loved. Shyla loved him as well, or so he thought,when he got down on one knee on the field after football and asked her to be his wife he is so happy.Shyla refuses his proposal and he walks away hurt and angry.
Flash forward and Clyde is all grown up and has had the world dumped on his shoulders. The death of his parents was
Katy Kitchin
Apr 06, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Explosive Stars

This book was an intensely sexy, slow burn romance that captured my heart from the start and didn’t let go.

I’ve been reading all the angsty romances lately so I’ve been needing a new Sapphire Knight book to bring me out of the emotional overload book fun, and this sexy as hell, cowboy, second chance romance is exactly what I needed.

Clyde is the hottest, alpha cowboy EVER. Seriously the chemistry between Clyde and Shyla was EXPLOSIVE, seeing the love and hope blossom througho
Renee Entress
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has secrets, second chances, and heartbreak.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first
1st Time Love (Dirty Down South Novel)
2 Times the Bliss

This is Shyla and Clyde’s story. Years ago Shyla and Clyde were in love but she walked away from him. She had her reasons but never told him what they were. When she shows up to get him to sell his farm he is having none of it. He wants to know why she left him. The lov
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sapphire has written an excellent second chance story. I loved following Clyde and Shyla's story as they reconnect years after they went their separate ways. ~Dawn

"4 southern stars!
Nancy
May 12, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Cowboy Loving Stars

I love me a second chance romance and when you throw in a Cowboy I am SOLD!

Clyde and Shy were high school sweethearts on the way to their happily ever after when life got in the way…. Years later, Shy comes back with one mission on her agenda. She is getting her man back and she is willing to do whatever it takes to make that happen. Clyde certainly doesn’t make it easy for her, but even a broody, stubborn, sexy alpha knows when he is losing the fight…. But is it really l
Cheri
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Everyone deserves a second chance. Clyde was determined not to get one. He'd been rejected in front of too many people when he asked the girl he loved to marry him. Years later he's still angry about it when the all grown up Shyla moves back to town.

He doesn't make it easy. There are plenty of outside influences that work against them but this southern female enlists the advice of her best friend and her mother who each has very different ideas about how to get your man.

You'll find humor, southe
Gwen Shafer
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sapphire did it again. Had me hooked with this book before I even got the chance to read it. But once I did she blew me away. I absolutely love her writing and this one is now a favorite that I must have for my collection. I have been waiting it seems like forever for this one. But so worth the wait. Clyde and Shyla. A yummy loving couple. But folks it takes a lot to get there. Clyde is dealing with the pain she left him with and trying to make sure his brothers are taken care of. Shyla is on a ...more
michelle Shelly
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Clyde... Clyde...Clyde. Be still my beating heart. Being from the south I love books based in it and we all love southern boys. That is Clyde to a T. He has manners, he’s a gentleman and yes he’s a hottie. He loves and he loves deep so when the girl he thought he’d spend his life with turns him down he’s devastated, vowing to never forgive her.
Shyla has loved him since she was twelve, she waited for him only to break his heart. Now she’s back to get what belongs to her and who she never should’
Becky Baldridge
Apr 15, 2018 rated it liked it
A relatively low angst second chance romance mixed with Southern charm and a bit of steamy goodness. Clyde is the typical stubborn alpha male and even when I wanted to shake him, I couldn't help but like him. I did get a bit frustrated with Shyla's manipulations to get back in Clyde's good graces. With opening after opening, I kept wondering why she wouldn't just tell him rather than play more games. We do have a small bit of drama in the last quarter of the story that left me somewhat confused ...more
Lisa
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Clyde and Shyla share a past and nearly had their HEA until Shyla very publicly broke his heart. There life took them in different directions - Shyla to college; Clyde on route to make it big as a football player until family tragedy struck. Fast forward and Shyla is back and wanting a second chance with Clyde.

Shyla tries every trick she can to get back in his good graces but Clyde is very distrustful of her and her motives. The chemistry between them remains at a high level.

I enjoyed this book
Gavinsmommaloves2read
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing

This was my first book by this author and the second book in this series but can completely standalone although I would say to read it as it gives you some info into the family and is as good as this book. Clyde and Shyla were always ment to be high school sweetheart until something happened to make Shyla decide to go to a different college and say no to his proposal which broke him. Flash forward years later and Sitka back and wants him back but after breaking his heart and him losing his paren
Erica
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I just love a second chance romance, especially with angst and snark.
3 Times the Heat was all of that and then some!
When the woman who broke Clyde's heart years ago shows up trying to get him to sell his farm he's irritated and rightfully so. Shyla turned away from him infront of their entire small town.
She went her own way never giving him a reason.
Shyla had her own reasons for walking away from the only man she ever loved, reasons that at the time seemed to make all the sense in the world. Tel
Heather andrews
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Clyde is sometimes oblivious to his state of dress, "her eyes flick over my torso. “I…uh…wow…you uh…you still work out, huh?”I glance down to see what she means and realize I don’t have a shirt on." There are times Clyde has a one track mind, “I did too, darlin’,” his rich timbre confesses, bringing goosebumps over my exposed flesh. “Especially if it involves you, naked, doing whatever I want.” I liked this book, I really loved Clyde. ...more

• Lost Girl (Wolf Girl, #2)
  • The Kiss (Playboy Pact #1)
  • Forging Darkness (Fallen Legacies, #2)
  • Gunnar (Storm MC, #8)
  • Beg for Mercy (Mercy Academy #1)
  • Until Talon (Until Her/Him, #9)
  • Get You Some (Simple Man, #3)
  • Dr. Dan
  • His Honey (Wounded Souls, #2)
  • Unexpected Reality (Unexpected Arrivals, #1)
  • Kinda Don't Care (Simple Man #1)
  • Secrets of the World's Worst Matchmaker (The Baileys, #7)
  • Maybe Don't Wanna (Simple Man, #2)
  • Riley Thorn and the Dead Guy Next Door
  • Joke's on You (SWAT Generation 2.0, #6)
  • North (Kings of Carnage MC #4)
  • One Night (A Real Man, #26)
  • Jinx (Kings of Carnage MC)
I'm the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and International Bestselling Author of Secrets, Exposed, Relinquish, Corrupted, Forsaken Control, Unexpected Forfeit, Unwanted Sacrifices, Friction, Princess, Freight Train/1st Time Love, 2 Times the Bliss, 3 Times the Heat, Gangster, Daydream, Baby, Chevelle, Russian Roulette (Mafiya box set), Oath Keepers MC (MC box set), Tease (short story collection), C ...more

Dirty Down South (3 books)
  • 1st Time Love (Dirty Down South, #1)
  • 2 Times the Bliss (Dirty Down South)

News & Interviews