Jump to ratings and reviews

Dirty Down South #1

Freight Train

Tyler (TY)

Football is life.
Growing up, my family loved to cheer me on, and after my parents accident, I vowed to be the best I could be to honor their memory. After a while, life starts to pile up though, college, football, and helping out my brothers. I just need a small reprieve, especially if she’s five foot five, brunette and has legs that go on for miles.
Fun is fun... Not like anyone’s going to fall in love.

Kadence

Star football player..... Check.
Spoiled brat..... Check.

200 pages, ebook

First published March 13, 2017

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Sapphire Knight

70 books1,784 followers
I'm the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and International Bestselling Author of Secrets, Exposed, Relinquish, Corrupted, Forsaken Control, Unexpected Forfeit, Unwanted Sacrifices, Friction, Princess, Freight Train/1st Time Love, 2 Times the Bliss, 3 Times the Heat, Gangster, Daydream, Baby, Chevelle, Russian Roulette (Mafiya box set), Oath Keepers MC (MC box set), Tease (short story collection), Cherry, The Vendetti Empire (Capo dei capi Ruthless Vendetti part 1), The Vendetti Queen (Part 2), Vendetti duet, Little White Lies, Ugly Dark Truth, Sweet Surrender-Biker Chicks 2 Anthology short story supporting B.A.C.A , Corrupted Counterparts in Pink!- An Anthology supporting breast cancer research, Corrupted Revelations- in the Wild and Windy in the City Anthology to support cystic fibrosis research, Love and Obey- in the Alphas of Sin Anthology supporting PAWS who provide service animals and training to people who need them, The Main Event in the Alphas and Fairytales Anthology- to support VetSports, Viking in the Twisted Tales of Mayhem Anthology- organized personally by myself benefiting the Patriot Guard Riders, and also Blaze in the Love, Loyalty and Mayhem Anthology- benefiting Bikers Against Bullies (Over 20,000 copies sold), 2 Times the Bliss, Heathen, Bash, Bastard/Opposites Attract, The Vendetti 7, The Vendetti Coward, Mad Max, Sterling, Hunter, Hollywood, and The Vendetti Devil.

My books all reflect on what I love to read myself. I want to venture into other genres but am taking my time. Hopefully, you'll eventually see a PNR book or something of that sort come from me.

I've hosted two book signing/author events myself, Motorcycles, Mobsters, and Mayhem MMM18 with 400+ attendees and MMM19 with 500+ attendees.

I'm a proud Texan who's crazy about football. I've always had a knack for writing, whether it is poems or stories. I originally studied psychology in college and feel that it's added to my passion for writing flawed characters.

When I'm not in my writing cave, I'm busy playing with my three Doberman Pinschers. I love to donate to help animals and watch a good action movie. #SupportOurTroops

Email authorsapphireknight@yahoo.com

Website
www.authorsapphireknight.com

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/AuthorSapphi...

Author Amazon page https://www.amazon.com/author/sapphir...

Fan mail
P.O. BOX 2937
Harker Heights, TX. 76548

Please find me on BookBub, Instagram or FB. I do not get on here often.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
Displaying 1 - 30 of 111 reviews
Profile Image for Nicla.
414 reviews296 followers
March 25, 2017
Enjoyable read. I liked the fact that it was low on drama and also has limited OW drama which is so hard to find in a NA romance especially one involving a star football player. The hero Tyler was alpha but still sweet. The heroine Kadence I liked instantly. I am definitely interested in reading more books by Sapphire Knight.

HEA
Cheating/OW/OM
Any push/pull
Any couple separation
Angst Level: Low
Heat Level: Medium
Safety Group Triggers
Profile Image for Lady Raven RAVE!.
1,828 reviews1,083 followers
June 7, 2021
4⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Style: YA Romance (College)
Story: 3.5/5
Violence: No
Male: Football Star & Likable
Series: Book 1
Pages: 426
Audio: GOOD (southern accents)
Kindle Unlimited: No

STORY:
I found this story ridiculously cute. It is the typical popular college football player and the girl, who pretty much keeps to herself, that gets notice by said popular jock.

If you are familiar with a tv series and movie called Friday Night Lights, this is basically this book. This isn’t a bully, enemies to lovers or dark romance, it’s just a college story about two students that has an attraction for each other and we are along for the ride. The author brought us on football games, Tyler’s home life (and I am excited to read his brothers soon, yummy) and his journey to go pro. I’m Tyler Mother F$&@ing Freight Train Owens, haha, I love when he said that. Kadence, was the sweetest thing. She was your typical College girl and that made her relatable. Watching her go through the motions of being sure, unsure, then sure and overthinking the relationship was interesting. They both really didn’t have any issues, but they still gave me a good read.

SEXUAL CHEMISTRY:
I love their sexual chemistry. I thought the tempo fit them and I was able to connect with them. I was satisfied.

SECONDARY CHARACTERS:
Tyler’s brothers - Clyde and Nate sounds yummy and interesting. They are not in college but not far off in age. I’m intrigued and will put their stories in my to read pile.

Tyler’s Friends - JJ and Chandler can we get a story on them? Love them.

Kadence’s best friend - Brianne. She had a little storyline going on. I was disappointed because I wanted to know more.

Kadence’s dad - ok, Kadence’s dad sounds like a DILF, Dad I’ll like to f$&k and he is in an MC, where is my fan! I need cooling off. Even he needs a story. I don’t care if it’s a novella. I’ll take him any way I can get him.

OVERALL:
I found myself liking this story and fell in love with the characters. This was my first book by the author and will see where this series takes me.

TRIGGERS: alcohol use & roofied drink

****I don’t equate these stories to real life. It’s about personal taste and what you would or want to tolerate with the books you read. I know we all have different opinions and preferences with what we read. I based my book reviews on my preferences and what I like, and while these preferences may not be the same for others, I hope this review was still helpful.
Profile Image for Beneath The Covers Blog.
1,512 reviews486 followers
March 12, 2017
Let me just start by saying this: if you've read Sapphire's previous books, you're in for a real treat, as this new series is a complete 180 from what you're used to reading from her! Young love, sports romance, with a dash of angst, 1st Time Love will give you the surprise story line you didn't see coming from Sapphire's books, but also still give you her outstanding writing style we've come to love so much!

This book was such a refreshing and sweet romance, with small hints of mystery and intrigue throughout. The chemistry between football star Tyler and sassy wallflower Kadence was magnetic, you couldn't help but be drawn to them and anticipating their unique interactions with each other. Tyler's charisma was almost too good to be true, so it's not wonder Kadence had her reservations with him, let alone him being a football player. But true to form, their opposites attract appearance (when really it was anything but that) didn't hinder their ability to connect with one another. Their similarities were what actually drew them to each other, and only made them grow stronger as a couple. And the more you find out about their individual pasts and family, you begin to look at Tyler and Kadence on a more personal level, and understand how they're absolutely perfect for each other.

I am beyond excited about this series! It showcases Sapphire's amazing writing ability to delve into a new sub-genre in romance for her. Being a fan of her previous series, I have nothing but high hopes that this book will bring along a new fan-base for her Dirty Down South series. Don't pass up this book; it's heartwarming, enduring and completely romantic! 5 stars!

*ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.* ~Kelly
Profile Image for Kylee.
2,429 reviews31 followers
August 1, 2021
The connection and chemistry between Kadence and Tyler will hit you like a freight train. This sweet, slow burn story is overflowing with romance and witty banter. The storyline draws you into a journey of young love and is enchanting and entertaining. There was a little angst and plenty of swoon worthy moments. You will fall in love right along with the characters in this endearing story.
Profile Image for wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks).
2,538 reviews23 followers
March 13, 2017
Wow, Sapphire has done it again, even though this isn't her usual, she blew it up. Kandence and Tyler are amazing characters. . Tyler is all football NFL bound no time for nothing else especially love , not til Kandence. Kandence is a no body that loves football so when Tyler knocks her off her feet, it's to good to be true. I really enjoyed this story . definitely a 5 star read.
May 23, 2018
What a surprise this book was!! I’m really wishing the next books in the series were about Tyler’s teammates versus his brothers. I’d for sure be reading more about his teammates!! Hint hint Ms Knight!! 😜
Profile Image for Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog.
3,647 reviews111 followers
5 Stars!

Oh my goodness.... this book was so so good! We always promo for Sapphire Knight so I'm fairly familiar with her books yet I've never read anything by her... until now. Just wow, not what I was expecting from her (because I hear she is pretty kick ass in mafia and motorcycle club romances) in the best kinds of ways possible.

1st Time Love was a sweet and sexy college sports romance that literally captivated me cover to cover. I devoured this amazing book and now I'm dealing with a massive hangover from Tyler and Kadence. These two, gash, simply amazing. The roller coaster ride with all those first love feels... swoon swoon swoon!

Tyler is a cocky football player with the world at his feet. He might be a good ol Southern boy but he's a guy who doesn't do commitments... his mind only focused on football... until she crashes into his life and gives it not purpose and direction, that is if she'll take a chance on him.

Kadence is a sweet, shy and incredibly smart girl who likes to read, keep to herself, and collects book boyfriends.... basically my girl crush times ten. But when she crashes into Tyler... she'd not interested in" " Freight Train".... she's heard the stories and knows his reputation... to bad her body and heart disagree.

These two are pulled two each other, despite what they think they want. Their connection and chemistry... risky undeniable. I loved their banter... and they moved cautiously but not too slow. Everything about them was just.... perfect *sigh*.

I am stoked for this series to continue with Clyde and Nate... though I'm secretly hoping *fingers crossed* run across those football boys again too because they deserve a "pretty girl" thrown their way ;)

I highly recommend this book.

Review Post >> http://reneeentress.blogspot.com/2017...
Profile Image for Emily.
4,844 reviews516 followers
May 27, 2018
Tyler Owens is the man on campus, he is knowing for being the "Freight Train" captain of the football team. Between focusing on football and helping his brothers, he has a full plate. The women are fast and easy and Tyler can't say he is looking for anything more than that until he runs into Kadence.

Kadence isn't sure why the colleges star football player is pursuing her but she is not interested. Tyler has a plan though to woo Kadence and she quickly finds that there is more to Tyler than she thought. Tyler's got big decisions ahead of him and he has to decide if Kadence is part of those plans.

Very entertaining. The banter is spot on and the chemistry off the charts. Curious to see who is next in this series. If your a fan of college football and romance, perfect fit.
Profile Image for Vallsykes.
796 reviews13 followers
May 24, 2021
This one sort of reminded me of Sweet Home, but of course, the hero in this one, Tyler Owens, is just a bit less volatile and swoony than Rome himself Sweet Rome. Yet, some of the same apply:
1. Tyler, the popular jock, who turns out to be a protective young alpha with a 'Bama accent, falls for a girl, almost at first sight
2. That girl, young woman, is Kadence, who wears' glasses and cover-up clothing and is a nerd; she is Tyler's rock and his reason, and he, like Rome, makes sure that everyone in the football stadium knows.
Cliche, right!???
ABSOLUTELY.

Anyway, I gave this four stars, unbelievably, because, even with no huge conflict or adrenaline plot, this was a sweet romance that gets the conversations right (no stupid confusion), the hero's family of three brothers is awesome, despite previous tragedy, and the storyline stayed simple. In its simplicity, it became a great story full of characters I would like to revisit in their own stories or see Kadence and Tyler in a sequel as well.

It was almost too sweet, because I like a bit of dark and raunchy, even with NA or college romance. There was a bit of college campus crime that was written in, but it was kept on the periphery, and I would assume would be a kindle for a continuing story with one of the secondary characters in the next books, so I'll look out for that. However, with that being said, I wouldn't mind a continuing story where Kadence and Tyler face some real-life hurdles, or where, if one of Tyler's brothers gets a story, one of them has some angst or some adrenaline rush factored in.

This one was like eating sweet candy and thinking that there's no such thing as calories, fat, or cavities (LOL). But, it worked.
Profile Image for Heather andrews.
9,520 reviews148 followers
March 10, 2017
I liked that Tyler was an honest guy, “well, because I’m doing the cooking and I want you there, and no, I don’t care about anyone else. I want to spend some time with you.” Holy cow I loved that Tyler had some balls, “I appreciate that.” Ty nods and grabs my hand. “I mean no disrespect at your table, but I’m going to kiss my girl hello.” I think his statement catches my father completely off guard and he just nods, watching Tyler lean over to give me a soft, chaste kiss." What a great start to a new series, I fell in love with the Owens brothers, I'm seriously excited to see more of them.
Profile Image for Elsie Pitt.
1,716 reviews8 followers
August 2, 2021
I have been a fan since the beginning and Sapphire brings it with every book, with every one of her series! Heck yeah I was read for some Dirty Down South! Tyler literally runs Kadence over, She is doing her best to figure him out but he tends to surprise her. You know that they are really made for each other. It kept me on the edge of my seat and provided all the feels you could want! Absolutely Love any and all works by this author! You will too!
Profile Image for Tania's Book Blog.
1,514 reviews19 followers
March 11, 2017
**ARC received voluntarily for review**

Sighhhhhh I'm in love with Tyler Owens and Kadence Winters and throw in Tyler's brothers and oh my,
Profile Image for Vfc.
1,411 reviews
January 10, 2022
Kadence is an overachiever when it comes to academics, so she studies when everyone else is socialising. Most go to college for the ‘experience,’ also known as hooking up with lots of randoms, partying, and overall acting crazy.

She, enjoys her unassuming life as it seems everyone and their best friend loves to brag about who their sexual exploits.

“I think it’s a bit trashy, to be honest. I’m not stuck up, really; I just have standards.”

Ty doesn’t do ‘girlfriends.’ Ever. He hasn’t had one since his freshman year in high school, and his parents passed away. They’re usually drama and a headache that he avoids. He’s honest with his intentions and he never lies or makes empty promises to his conquests.

They briefly collide one day…the next day at lunch, she sees him with a jock chaser on his lap and she hits him in the balls with a chair as she makes her exit.

Her father was gone a lot, training or travelling to games. She grew up with her Nan outside of Boston, who was her live-in nanny until she was fifteen. Her father’s career was over then, and her Nan returned to England. She was never told much about her mum, and eventually, she stopped asking. Her father’s family hail from Ireland and her father was sent to live with his aunt who lived in Alabama when he was eight, so he grew up in the states and played college ball before the NFL. It’s one of the main reasons why she chose to attend Alabama for college, because of her family’s historical value. She’s in a football-crazed college, the daughter of a football-crazed man, so its a match made in heaven.

Ty sees Brianne and Kadence walking home and offers them a lift which she declines, therefore with the approval of his co-conspirator, Brianne, he physically places her in his car along with her friend.

Football in the south is basically a religion.
“There are four seasons in the South:
Winter, Spring, Summer and Football”.

“Bad enough I’m a football star’s daughter, but now, apparently, I’m one’s girl as well”, courtesy of her best friend tagging her as his girl on social media.

Excerpt:::
“Feeling like a giant circus freak as people smile and wave at me or send me dirty looks. It’s either they love me for supposedly being the girlfriend of one of their favorite players or they hate me for it”.

After witnessing her father play for so many years and being submerged into the football lifestyle, she can recognise by watching Ty play, that he is talented enough to play for the NFL if he wants to, and be successful by going the distance. Ty plays like a man possessed.

His mind vomit on his brother’s opinions ‘What if they decide to be a*sholes or they don’t like her? I’ve never cared in the past about what they’ve thought when they’ve met any chicks I was dating, but I wasn’t serious then, either. I want them to like her, and I want her to like them, but not too much. Not more than she likes me anyhow. Am I really jealous of my brothers? My brothers and I all sort of resemble each other, along with my mom and dad, so I guess they’re considered good-looking. Sh*t, I hope she doesn’t think they’re hotter than me. Didn’t think that’d ever be something I’d say to myself, that’s for sure. Should I be worried about them liking Kadence too much? I sound like an idiot, all this second-guessing. If it’s meant to be, then she’ll be happy out here, and everyone will be just fine. And if they don’t care for her, then it’s their loss, because I do’.

〰️ Meeting Chaos, her father the ex-football star now the biker ‘Chaos’ is enlightening.
〰️ The three brothers inherited a secret moonshine business...
〰️ Clyde’s food obsession...

“Pretty?” Whispering, he pulls away just enough so he can speak against my mouth. “Yeah, Ty?”
“I sure do love you.” His lips flutter over mine as they speak some of the most meaningful words I’ve ever heard.
“I love you, too, Tyler Owens, so much.” He stares down at me as I respond, his eyes full of raw emotions so sincere that they have my stomach twisting in delightful spins.

There is a disreputable athlete (a bad egg to spoil the dozen) causing a minor skirmish when he speaks to Kadence. The athletes covertly oust a date drug predator.

Minor conflict from Jada and her mean girls’ tribe.

“How I ended up with someone like her, I’ll never know, but I’m so, so grateful.
Nate says to give her—and I quote—a good dicking and then just slide it on her finger. I can see why my brother’s still single with that one.
Clyde, on the other hand, (yes, I broke down and asked him too) suggested that I should cook for her and maybe put it inside a cake or something.
Yeah, NO.
Clyde’s answer to everything is food. If he ever ends up married, he’s going to have to roll the chick around from stuffing her full of food all the damn time. Kadence thought I was bad about it. She has no idea what Clyde’s woman will go through. Poor lady”.

There is no cheating.

Observation: No self-respecting man-boy should wear slides. Very unmanly and driving with them on, isn’t that dangerous?
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Tracy.
684 reviews20 followers
March 8, 2017
1st Time Love is the story of football God, Tyler and the quiet football fan, Kadence. While I very much enjoyed their story, Tyler was just a good 'ol boy sweetheart, and Kadence was an intriguing, multi-faceted character. She's smart and an introvert who we get to see the best parts of blossom with Tyler.

What I had a few issues with was that Tyler and Kadence had a lot of internal dialogue that we, the reader, were privy to that was never expressed between the characters. There was a lot of conflict that wasn't resolved between the two verbally.

In all, I every much enjoyed 1st Time Love, and I'm looking forward to the next books in the series. Tyler's brothers were interesting and a bit mysterious. With Tyler's backstory, I'm very curious to see how his brothers find their love. 1st Time Love was a 3.5 star read for me, but recommended for anyone who enjoys a football themed book, with a hot hero and a slightly sassy heroine.

*Review copy requested and reviewed on behalf of OMG Reads*

ARC widget photo ARC1.png
Profile Image for Amy Neighbors Senethavilay.
205 reviews7 followers
March 13, 2017
Get ready to fall in love with a real southern charmer with a deep heart and a fierce level of protection! In the first installment of her newest series, Dirty Down South, readers will quickly fall for the strength of character Tyler Owens brings to the pages. Although he initially comes across as the womanizing jock, his backstory is slowly revealed, offering a glimpse at a southern gentleman who is trying to work hard to make his dreams come true and still honor his parents. And Kadence Winters. Well, she is an interesting character who possesses strength, determination, and an independence wrapped up in a studious and nerdy book lover focused on school. As a reader I not only loved her personality, but I also related to her too.

What I loved about this initial book is that not only is it a sweet and innocent love story for two people coming of age—a bit of a YN to NA progression—but the level of backstory that is woven in sets the scene for the series as a whole. Sapphire Knight is setting readers up to follow an amazing family of brothers who love fiercely, protect what is theirs, and hold to the southern charm and hospitality they were raised to value. These characters are well developed and intriguing. And in true Sapphire fashion, there is a bit of a connection to one of her other series: her MC stories.
As the story gets going, readers are transported to the college life at University of Alabama where football is life. Mixing a bit of a sport theme with the young love story, Sapphire takes readers on a beautiful and innocent journey with Tyler and Kadence.

Tyler is not only an intelligent college student with a promising career in football and a reputation for the ladies, but he is a young man learning to navigate the reality of the stress of life without parents. He does, however, have two brothers who love and support him fiercely. (Readers will get a sneak peek at these two, setting readers up for a bit more to come with the next couple of installments—at least I hope that is what Sapphire Knight has in store for us.) Yet, when a bit of temptation literally runs into him, he can’t help but be pulled back a bit from the stresses to find a bit of fun with such a small package. But will Kandace be open to his playboy reputation and high profile persona? Or will this temptation turn into something that pulls him away from the dreams he has held?

Kadence is a shy book lover who would rather simply sport her t-shirts and jeans. She does not fit into the college life; instead, she is seeking solitude and stability out of the spotlight. For there is a bit of a secret Kadence has not shared with others. But when she literally runs into Tyler Owens, the Golden Boy of Alabama football, she can’t seem to fight the immediate electrical current that sparks an interest. Not the type she has been attracted to—especially with someone so publicly known—she tries to fight the feelings and brush him off. Tyler, however, is not willing to give up. There is something really unique about this woman, something honest and down-to-earth that pulls him in like no one else he has ever met. She is not the typical Barbie of the college scene. But is Kadence willing to open her life up to the spotlight that could threaten to expose the secret she keeps from others?

As things heat up, as the relationship becomes more public, and as the team prepares for the biggest game, secrets and personal demons from the past threaten to break these two. Will such young love prevail? Will dreams be sacrificed?

As much as I enjoyed this story and look forward to the rest of the series, I will say that I was hoping for a bit more angst and tension. Sapphire Knight has some moments in the storyline that could have moved this story in a bit of a darker or more mysterious and thrilling directions, but I was still satisfied with the tenderness that shone through. So reader who follow Knight’s work, just know this is a bit of a departure from the heavier subjects and stories we have come accustomed to. Instead, sit back and enjoy the coming of age story that combines my love of sports romance (football, in particular) with a lovely YA plot.

#SouthernCharmer #1stTimeLove #DirtyDownSouth

Profile Image for Tich Brewster.
Author 20 books162 followers
May 18, 2021
This is the best sports book I’ve read (listened to) so far. Ty is compassionate and takes care of those he loves. After losing his parents, he knows how short life is and lives it to the fullest. Kay is the sweet nerdy girl and I absolutely adored her. Never did she imagine that the football star would want her, the normal, boring girl.
The voice actors were amazing and I thoroughly enjoyed listening to them.
Profile Image for michelle Shelly.
1,592 reviews11 followers
March 7, 2017
Wonderful!

This is totally different from anything I've read from Sapphire but I really loved it! It was a light refreshing read with wonderful characters and a great story. Tyler and Kadence were a joy to read about. It's seems lately everything I've picked up to read has been dark and heavy so 1st Time Love was just what I needed.
Tyler lives for football, never dating or getting serious with a girl he is totally focused on his dream to play in the NFL. That is until he bumps into Kadence and all bets are off. She's everything he didn't know he was looking for. These two are cute and sexy. I'm so excited to see where this series goes. Not only are Tyler and Kandence wonderful but I loved all the characters we were introduced to. I highly recommend this story you're going to love it.
Profile Image for Tricia Bartley.  #AuthorStalker.
1,222 reviews88 followers
March 10, 2017
Ohhh I just love a good sports/college book!!! This book was sooo much fun!! Annndd being from Texas we love our football soooo it made this book more enjoyable for me to read..lol

Tyler has worked his ass off to get where he is and nothing is going to stand in his way to get into the NFL. He lost both his parents when he was young, he put his self through college and even helped take care of his brothers and their ranch his mom and dad left behind. He is just the all American Boy with a killer smile and a Superman-like body!! Ohhh and this is what all the females claim...lol

"That he's a stallion in the sack with a body to die for."

Then walks in Kadence, she is five foot five, brunette and has legs that go on for miles.

"Just when I think I have Tyler Owen’s all figured out; he knocks me on my ass, literally.
I wasn’t expecting him to help me up, or the little shock that I felt when we touched, but then I didn’t think I’d fall in love either."

I gave this book 5 iScream Books Stars!! I love reading Saphire Knight's books...they are always filled with drama, hawt sexual tension and lots of action!! Ohhh and there may be a little MC action that is in this book...Yaaasss loved that added touch Mrs. Knight!! So ladies make sure you pick this book up, you just have to find out if Tyler can juggle College ball, grades and Miss Kadence?? : )
Profile Image for Coco.V.
46.4k reviews4 followers
Want to read
November 21, 2022
🎁 Part of the Dirty Down South Collection (Dirty Down South, #1-2) which is FREE on Amazon today (6/16/2021)! 🎁
Profile Image for Nova.
2,317 reviews95 followers
August 3, 2021
I am voluntarily reviewing a reader copy of this book.

Kadence likes the quiet life, never once has she sought the limelight her happy place is her next book boyfriend on her kindle but it looks like her clumsiness has pushed her just where she never thought she would find herself. The day she walked straight into Tyler Freight Train Owens was the day that her life changed forever. He is the star of the college football team and has a well-earned reputation as a ladies' man and she seems to have caught his eye and the more she walks away from him the faster he is determined to chase her. And he is wearing her down, he is all she can think about and soon they are sharing more than either thought that they would. As the daughter of an NFL Legend, she never considered falling in love with the new star of the NFL, but there is so much more to Tyler than just what is there on the field. Could this be real love or just a way to kill time until the big leagues call?

Tyler Owens has always known his future was the NFL and has worked hard to get where he is today, after losing both his parents and being raised by his brothers on the family ranch there is only two things that he cares about and that is his career and his brothers that is until a short girl literally runs in to him and one look in her eyes and he knows that this is someone special. Suddenly he is having to work for something other than a woman falling at his feet. Kadence Winters is a woman and not one that he will ever let go. But first he has to get her to see who he really is and convince her to give him a chance. Is Tyler really ready to hang up his womanizing ways and commit to just one woman or has his reputation ruined his chance at a real love?

Loved this book, was it groundbreaking well no but it had a heart and that hooked me from page one, Tyler was just what I want in a hero. He wanted Kadence and was doing all that he could to convince her to let him in and she was the girl who was going to make him work for it. There were a few parts that II could take issue with like how they all knew of a date rapist and let it go for so long but it had no real relevance to the story that I was reading. Highly recommended read easily 5*****.
Profile Image for Kathleen R..
1,389 reviews43 followers
Title: 1st Time Love
Author: Sapphire Knight

4 unexpected stars

For my first books by Sapphire Knight, 1st Time Love was a great start. The story about Tyler, the football star, who can't get the small brown haired girl from his mind after knocking her on her butt and of Kayden who has her eye on the college player hoping that he'll notice her after that moment of pure electricity passed between them, captivated me. And the last thing either expected was for their fun to turn much too real.

4 breath taking dreams stars

It was a beautiful story - one that I didn't expect after hearing about Sapphire Knight's usual genre. However, like I mentioned, 1st Time Love was the perfect start to what this author has to offer because it showed me that she was able to take two characters and bring them to life and make them realistic, I absolutely enjoyed watching Tyler and Kayden find their footing around each other, it was a story that grew on me, taking roots in me the further I delved into the book. It's one author that I will look forward to reading more from in the future!

*ARC provided by Author in exchange for an honest review.
Reviewed by Kathleen, The Small Girl from A small girl, her man and her books

50 Book Reviews
Professional Reader,
Profile Image for The Smutbrarians.
2,221 reviews1,724 followers
Panty Scorching 4
Overall Rating 5
Kindle eARC
Reviewed by Lindsey

EEEEP! I loved this book. The constant teasers on social media kept me hooked even before I was able to read. Let me just say I was not disappointed! AT ALL!!! I loved the story and I really freakin loved that my NFL team was a highlight. This was a great sports romance with a little angst and a little tension.

Kadence is such a doll! I love her. Shes honest, sassy, and super fun. But most of all shes loyal. She doesn't need everyones approval. She just wants to just BE. She didn't expect to run into a sexy as sin freight train and her life as she knew it change. But she welcomed it with open arms for the most part. I loved how up front she was about things. Not afraid to put out there how she feels and what she expects from a man.

Tyler. Lawd have mercy!! I loveeeeee him! Hes so passionate. But hes also a young man. He looks out for his family no matter the cost. And he damn sure knows how to treat a lady. And he plays football. Really, whats not to love? Even when things are getting tough he still manages to get what he wants. Just maybe not in the way he wanted to get it. I will be honest, at first I was a little worried. He was cocky and it was looking like he would turn out to be a jackass. But things changed quickly and I couldn't get enough of him.

This was a great read! I loved it hard. The characters are definitely compatible and work so well together. The story was great! Definitely not one you want to miss. And I can not wait for more from this series.
Profile Image for Suzy.
326 reviews1 follower
September 2, 2018
I really liked this book, read it straight through, it wasn't complicated it just was, a lovely tale about a College Jock literally floored by the so called nerd, I loved the back story to Tyler and his brothers, Nate and Clyde warmed my heart as did others from his football team, Chan especially. Pretty as Tyler liked to call her was a lovely lead no airs or graces she was just lovely, a daughter of a famous footballer, meets the jock and what follows is a lovely love story. My only critique is the other story going on about BRIGGS, this is where you lost the 5 stars , This was actually quite a series subject matter that was in my opinion handled quite flippantly in the book, he was an atrocious man, to introduce this story line made no sense and in my opinion was not handled right, so unless book 2 which I assume is coming handles more of it, it left a sour taste in my mouth. These girls he was doing those things to they all knew about and only the fact that Tyler fell in love did they start to question about it. When it was clear the man needed to be in jail, I love Sapphire Knights books I have most of them but this small element spoiled this book for me, I take woman's issues quite seriously, and abuse is abuse regardless of how it is addressed, and these poor girls were been abused.
Profile Image for Sharon Moritz-rosenthal.
1,893 reviews17 followers
March 18, 2017
* I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.*

This was a really sweet romance. Its my first time reading this author and I was really impressed. This is the story about the football player and the geek. The football player is Tyler and he is not just a football player, he is college student at Alabama where is the star of the team. Everyone knows and loved him. I honestly didn't really see him with Kaydence. But by the end of the story I felt they were perfect together.

K is a HUGE klutz and one day she literally runs into T and from that moment on T is smitten. There is no better word because K really tries to resist. But T is so romantic and sweet that I would not been able to resist him either.

This book is heavy on college life which is what I LOVE in my college age romances.It features the fun stuff and not so fun stuff. Like the guy who rapes and blackmails girls. Luckily we never see that in the story. That really gave this book a more serious turn and explored what you can do if you know but no one else will admit it is happening and yet you have to play on the same team with the guy. Really a tough dilemma for a bunch of football players.

As to T's brothers, I adored them and look forward to their story.
Profile Image for dumbells.
905 reviews5 followers
Read
April 23, 2021
I did not read this book. But after going through many many many ridiculous blurbs I wanted to comment on or the ones that just put me off a book instantly I had to comment on this one.

So this is my review of the blurb for this book and it will be a short one, but let me just point out what I picture when I read something ridiculous such as:

I get this is how some guys think before they get to actually KNOW their respective love interest and develop feelings and THEN they start thinking about their other characteristics , but this initial glimpse into the thought process of the H did not endear me to consider reading this story let alone discover this world through his eyes.

So yeah, publishers: please do better. Stop recycling same old blurbs under the umbrella of "don't judge a book by its cover" cuz that is what the cover and blurb are supposed to do: intrigue the reader and make them want to delve deeper inside. This weak-sauce chauvinistic nonsense is gonna get you no where with your readership.
168 reviews
June 26, 2021
Didn't like Tyler initially...a manwhore,he took kadence as a fling only..
Kadence ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
She didn't throw herself at him, she stood her ground,let him come after her for weeks,prove her that he is the loyal boyfriend 👏��👏👏
A strong girl .
⭐⭐⭐⭐ Kadence was no virgin,she wasn't even running after Tyler,the golden boy of Alabama..
It was more of Brianne her best friend,who pushed her to take a leap of faith on a joke!
⭐⭐No spoilers
⭐⭐⭐No cheating
⭐⭐⭐ Even no fucking or hanging with any groupie after meeting with Kadence..
Tyler a jerk and manwhore, earned himself respect after meeting Kadence by chance encounter and going after her, with brushing of the attempts of the college slut Jada...or any other girl, he was not banging every thing under skirt earlier also,so it a relief ...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐A different story from a manwhore banging a virgin and changing that kind of nonsense!!
Go for it 👌
Kadence has a devoted father and loyal friend
Tyler has a loving family, loyal Friends ..
No bitches
Profile Image for Kylee.
2,429 reviews31 followers
March 21, 2017
Big fan of Sapphire Knight's and even though this book is totally different to her usual books it is still hands down a five star read. It is a young adult sports romance but the characters never make you feel like you should hand it over to someone younger. The characters are mature and developed. Tyler FREIGHT TRAIN Owen is the captain of the football team and is set to go pro with how talented he is not to mention he is a smart guy too. Girlfriends were not for him but that was until Kadence literally ran into him. From the moment their hands touch sparks fly but Kadence knows his type and doesn't want to be just another in a long string of girls. Can Tyler convince her that it is more and can he finally handle settling down. This was a beautiful love story and I love how there was a little combining of one of our MC guys. Can't wait for Nate and Clyde's story. Definite touchdown for me with this first book in the series.
Profile Image for zen_s.
1,614 reviews18 followers
April 28, 2018
[1.5 stars] started out ok then it slowly went to bland. heroine felt slightly doormat-ish. and beside every doormat-ish heroine comes a pushy best friend. *double roll eyes*

felt the road to being a couple was too smooth sailing. the hero is a football player who is well-loved by girls & he is confident that every girl will fall on their knees, and then he met heroine who is a completely different type of girl that he normally meets. out spills his confidence that he is gonna get the unique girl BUT the problem is he got the girl way too easily. don't feel any kind of resistance from the heroine.

dont understand the saga with briggs either, author wrote about this asshole guy who committed heinous shit but didnt "complete" it. who leak out the info and gave him a chance to escape? is the dean of the school innocent or guilty on this? so after he got caught then what?

book is just sub-par i feel, not continuing the series.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 111 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.