Start by marking “1st Time Love (Dirty Down South Novel)” as Want to Read:
1st Time Love (Dirty Down South Novel)

1st Time Love (Dirty Down South #1)

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  378 Ratings  ·  77 Reviews
Tyler (TY)

Football is life.
Growing up, my family loved to cheer me on, and after my parents accident, I vowed to be the best I could be to honor their memory. After a while, life starts to pile up though, college, football, and helping out my brothers. I just need a small reprieve, especially if she’s five foot five, brunette and has legs that go on for miles.
Fun is fun..
Published March 13th 2017 by Sapphire Knight

To ask other readers questions about 1st Time Love, please sign up.
Sapphire Knight I've had to push it back and I'm hoping to have it out in the next few months. I'm working on 1st Time Love, 2 Times the Bliss and Intent all right…moreI've had to push it back and I'm hoping to have it out in the next few months. I'm working on 1st Time Love, 2 Times the Bliss and Intent all right now. :)(less)

Nicla
Enjoyable read. I liked the fact that it was low on drama and also has limited OW drama which is so hard to find in a NA romance especially one involving a star football player. The hero Tyler was alpha but still sweet. The heroine Kadence I liked instantly. I am definitely interested in reading more books by Sapphire Knight.

HEA (view spoiler)
Cheating/OW/OM (view spoiler)
Any push/pull (view spoiler)
♡Tonya♡
Feb 13, 2016 marked it as to-read
looking forward to this!
Beneath The Covers Blog
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reads, arcs, kelly
Let me just start by saying this: if you've read Sapphire's previous books, you're in for a real treat, as this new series is a complete 180 from what you're used to reading from her! Young love, sports romance, with a dash of angst, 1st Time Love will give you the surprise story line you didn't see coming from Sapphire's books, but also still give you her outstanding writing style we've come to love so much!

This book was such a refreshing and sweet romance, with small hints of mystery and intri
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
Wow, Sapphire has done it again, even though this isn't her usual, she blew it up. Kandence and Tyler are amazing characters. . Tyler is all football NFL bound no time for nothing else especially love , not til Kandence. Kandence is a no body that loves football so when Tyler knocks her off her feet, it's to good to be true. I really enjoyed this story . definitely a 5 star read.
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Oh my goodness.... this book was so so good! We always promo for Sapphire Knight so I'm fairly familiar with her books yet I've never read anything by her... until now. Just wow, not what I was expecting from her (because I hear she is pretty kick ass in mafia and motorcycle club romances) in the best kinds of ways possible.

1st Time Love was a sweet and sexy college sports romance that literally captivated me cover to cover. I devoured this amazing book and now I'm dealing with a massive
Emily
Tyler Owens is the man on campus, he is knowing for being the "Freight Train" captain of the football team. Between focusing on football and helping his brothers, he has a full plate. The women are fast and easy and Tyler can't say he is looking for anything more than that until he runs into Kadence.

Kadence isn't sure why the colleges star football player is pursuing her but she is not interested. Tyler has a plan though to woo Kadence and she quickly finds that there is more to Tyler than she t
Heather andrews
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I liked that Tyler was an honest guy, “well, because I’m doing the cooking and I want you there, and no, I don’t care about anyone else. I want to spend some time with you.” Holy cow I loved that Tyler had some balls, “I appreciate that.” Ty nods and grabs my hand. “I mean no disrespect at your table, but I’m going to kiss my girl hello.” I think his statement catches my father completely off guard and he just nods, watching Tyler lean over to give me a soft, chaste kiss." What a great start to ...more
Shannie's ⭐️Lookin' 4 My Next BBF⭐️
What a surprise this book was!! I’m really wishing the next books in the series were about Tyler’s teammates versus his brothers. I’d for sure be reading more about his teammates!! Hint hint Ms Knight!! 😜
Tania's Book Blog
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
**ARC received voluntarily for review**

Sighhhhhh I'm in love with Tyler Owens and Kadence Winters and throw in Tyler's brothers and oh my,
Tracy- OMGReads
1st Time Love is the story of football God, Tyler and the quiet football fan, Kadence. While I very much enjoyed their story, Tyler was just a good 'ol boy sweetheart, and Kadence was an intriguing, multi-faceted character. She's smart and an introvert who we get to see the best parts of blossom with Tyler.

What I had a few issues with was that Tyler and Kadence had a lot of internal dialogue that we, the reader, were privy to that was never expressed between the characters. There was a lot of c
Amy Neighbors Senethavilay
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Get ready to fall in love with a real southern charmer with a deep heart and a fierce level of protection! In the first installment of her newest series, Dirty Down South, readers will quickly fall for the strength of character Tyler Owens brings to the pages. Although he initially comes across as the womanizing jock, his backstory is slowly revealed, offering a glimpse at a southern gentleman who is trying to work hard to make his dreams come true and still honor his parents. And Kadence Winter ...more
Kelly Emery (Beneath The Covers Blog)
Full review can be found at Beneath The Covers Blog --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.*
michelle Shelly
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful!

This is totally different from anything I've read from Sapphire but I really loved it! It was a light refreshing read with wonderful characters and a great story. Tyler and Kadence were a joy to read about. It's seems lately everything I've picked up to read has been dark and heavy so 1st Time Love was just what I needed.
Tyler lives for football, never dating or getting serious with a girl he is totally focused on his dream to play in the NFL. That is until he bumps into Kadence and a
Kathleen R.
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Title: 1st Time Love
Author: Sapphire Knight

4 unexpected stars

For my first books by Sapphire Knight, 1st Time Love was a great start. The story about Tyler, the football star, who can't get the small brown haired girl from his mind after knocking her on her butt and of Kayden who has her eye on the college player hoping that he'll notice her after that moment of pure electricity passed between them, captivated me. And the last thing either expected was for their fun to turn much too real.

4 b
Panty Scorching 4
Overall Rating 5
Kindle eARC
Reviewed by Lindsey

EEEEP! I loved this book. The constant teasers on social media kept me hooked even before I was able to read. Let me just say I was not disappointed! AT ALL!!! I loved the story and I really freakin loved that my NFL team was a highlight. This was a great sports romance with a little angst and a little tension.

Kadence is such a doll! I love her. Shes honest, sassy, and super fun. But most of all shes l
Sharon Moritz-rosenthal
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
* I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.*

This was a really sweet romance. Its my first time reading this author and I was really impressed. This is the story about the football player and the geek. The football player is Tyler and he is not just a football player, he is college student at Alabama where is the star of the team. Everyone knows and loved him. I honestly didn't really see him with Kaydence. But by the end of the story I felt they were perfect together.

K is a HUG
Kylee
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Big fan of Sapphire Knight's and even though this book is totally different to her usual books it is still hands down a five star read. It is a young adult sports romance but the characters never make you feel like you should hand it over to someone younger. The characters are mature and developed. Tyler FREIGHT TRAIN Owen is the captain of the football team and is set to go pro with how talented he is not to mention he is a smart guy too. Girlfriends were not for him but that was until Kadence ...more
SyLvIa
Apr 27, 2018 rated it did not like it
[1.5 stars] started out ok then it slowly went to bland. heroine felt slightly doormat-ish. and beside every doormat-ish heroine comes a pushy best friend. *double roll eyes*

felt the road to being a couple was too smooth sailing. the hero is a football player who is well-loved by girls & he is confident that every girl will fall on their knees, and then he met heroine who is a completely different type of girl that he normally meets. out spills his confidence that he is gonna get the unique
Sassy Southern
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read by Sapphire Knight. And I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to reading more by her. For most of this book I read with a smile on my face it will just draw it out of you. Although there are a few sad bits overall this is a sweet funny sports book. And if you live in the South you pretty much know almost every word is true....lol
The characters where well developed and you get a real sense of who they are and what they want. They are a few secrets that are
Gwen Shafer
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an advance copy of this book for an honest review. I have read alot of her other books and loved them. But this one she blew me away. Literally became my favorite from Sapphire. I cant say enough about this amazing very well written yummy book. First right off the bat let me say that I loved it because it was about football and boys from Alabama. Two of my favorite things.
Tyler is a man you can easily like from the beginning. Ok yes he comes off as a man whore but once you get to kno
MammieBabbie
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult
A love story sure to melt your heart…

I’m not a mahoosive lover of Sports Romance. My one and only exception to this is J. Nathan’s For Finlay – a couple of months down the line and I’m still oooooooh-ing and aaaaaaaaah-ing over. Swooning like a little girl over their favourite popstar. It’s sickening – I know, but whatevs! Anywho, when I read the blurb for Sapphire Knight’s 1st Time Love I don’t know what came over me but I just had to have myself a slice of that pie! And, I’m so glad that I did
Krystle
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
M.L.
Sapphire Knight has done it again . . . given me a book that I loved and left me wanting more. First Time Love grabbed me from the dedication to football moms and her first born to the final note, where she hoped we fell in love with her Southern boys. And boy, did I fall in love with the Owens brothers.

This book hit just the right spot: emotional though low-angst (something I needed at the moment), sweet, spicy (those scenes had me fanning myself), and a realistic view on what hopes and dreams
Megan Lowe
Mar 09, 2017 rated it liked it
I voluntarily received an advanced review copy of this book and chose to review it.

This was a sweet story. The characters were likeable enough. I did feel however that there wasn't enough drama. I thought there was potential for it but it was let slip by. I also felt the writing style was a bit young, especially given the content, I felt like it was stuck between being NA and YA. It made for a confusing read, despite the story.
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

1st Time Love is my first ever read by Sapphire Knight and I am seriously freaking impressed! This story grabbed me, heart and soul, from the very beginning . I loved every chapter, every word, every moment of this incredible passionate, sexy, fun, irresistible romance! Tyler and Kadence are some seriously lovable characters as well as Tyler's brothers and even some of his and Kadence's friends. the plot is simple yet beautiful and even though I never been a hug
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
1st Time Love by Sapphire Knight was such a sweet, refreshing read. Ty is an up and coming football star who tries to still be home with his brothers to help out on their ranch. Kadence is a sweet, clumsy young woman who believes she shouldn't fall for the cocky, gorgeous football star. Too bad fate had other plans. Ty and Kadence together were so cute. They both had internal battles that they fought, but love prevailed!
Jennifer Alexander
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cassandra
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Colliding Into Love & Meeting Chaos

This is the first book in the standalone Dirty Down South Series and this author tackled it! I can't wait for more! I loved this book, which is different from Sapphire Knight's other books, but it still has her flare and leaves you craving more! This is a must read! Kadence Winters is an independent, beautiful woman (that gets overlooked because she dresses to be comfortable), hard-working college student, who would rather be reading than partying. She has
Momma Hellmouth

My Review of 1st Time Love by Sapphire Knight
My Rating 4.5 Stars
This story is proof that Sapphire Knight can write anything!
If you’re looking for sweet, sexy and the game of football, then this book is just what you should one-click.
Tyler Owens is the all American boy, the boy with hopes & dreams with all the support one guy could have his family, his friends.
Kadence is the quiet book nerd, or so everyone thinks. Kadence is so much more!
The chemistry pull between Tyler and Kadence is a sweet
Carrie O'Dell
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
1st Time Love

Awwww such a sweet & feel good book! I absolutely loved Ty! He's my new book boyfriend! Loved the story, no angst, just a sweet story & I needed one of those! Looking forward to reading about the other Owen brothers.
  • Love Assaulted (Skulls of Angels MC, #1)
  • Oxygen Deprived (Kilgore Fire, #3)
  • Musketeers (Fallen MC, #2)
  • Conquering (Vipers Creed MC, #2)
  • Razing Grace: Part 1 (The Devil's Own, #3)
  • Emily's Protectors (The Protectors #2)
  • Nothing Is
  • Echoes of Silence (Unquiet Mind, #1)
  • Road to Victory (Dogs of Fire MC, #5)
  • Rough and Raw (Notorious Devils MC, #2)
  • Never Letting You Go
  • Rafe (The Phoenix Boys, #1)
  • Defying Destiny (Forsaken Sinners MC, #2)
  • Nico (Ruin & Revenge, #1)
  • Phoenix Bar (Steel Demons MC, #1)
  • Never Let Me Go (Breathe into Me, #3)
  • Taken by Lies (Rage Ryders MC, #1)
  • Face My Love (My Love, #2)
Sapphire Knight is the author of Secrets, Exposed, Relinquish and Corrupted-Available on Amazon, Kobo, ibooks and Google Play.
She's currently working on an MMA fighter book, Twist, Nikoli and Ares stories (Unexpected Forfeit, Friction, Unwanted Sacrifices and Forsaken Control). Her books all reflect on what she loves to read herself.
Sapphire is a Texas girl who is crazy about football. She has al
More about Sapphire Knight

Dirty Down South (3 books)
  • 2 Times the Bliss (Dirty Down South)
  • 3 Times the Heat

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Flight (Up in the Air, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Dance (Billionaire Bachelors, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)