Start by marking “Tressa's Treasures” as Want to Read:
Tressa's Treasures

Read Book

Tressa's Treasures

(The King's Jewel #1)

Her identity is secret. Her destiny is incredible.

Tressa is a fae in hiding. Unable to fulfill her transcendent role in an ancient prophecy, she hides on her grandmother's estate in the Pocono Mountains. Tressa is content to work in her small shop and fake her humanity, but she knew she couldn't stay hidden forever.

When she uses her powers to protect a friend, strange

Published October 2nd 2015 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Tressa's Treasures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tressa's Treasures

Start your review of Tressa's Treasures
Desirae
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very well written story! I love young adult novels, which is what I was expecting from this, but it was even more mature than that. It certainly kept me enthralled the entire time, and I couldn't put it down! It was torture waiting 14 hours for the next book to come in the mail XD My one issue with the story is that near the end it went much too fast. I would have liked (spoilers) for the fight with the Unseelie to last a little longer and have more suspense, it didn't seem to fit well with the ...more
Jolie
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Growing up, I was very much into faeries. I loved the delicate wings and how they were portrayed in the stories. As I got older, I started looking into the myth behind the faeries and what I read fascinated me. The more I read, the more in love with the myth’s I became. I am now much older and still like faeries. Not obsessed like I used to be but I enjoy reading about them. When I was approached to review Tressa’s Treasures, I immediately agreed. The blurb had me going “Hrmmmm“. I am glad that ...more
Kelly
Dec 09, 2017 added it
Shelves: fantasy
I loved the way this story is structured! Tressa steps in to help a friend, because that's who she is, and then has to deal with the consequences. I enjoyed her evolving relationship with Alexander, and the mystery surrounding his origins. His search for his roots was something that crosses genres and that was perhaps my favourite part of this book: the blend of contemporary and fantasy. This wa a real-world story with consequences that play out in both this world and the world of the fae, where ...more
Lora Shouse
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked this well enough that now I want to get the rest of the series.

Tressa is a faery, a Sidhe of the Tuatha Dé Dannan, a creature of the Otherworld. She is a member of the royal family of the Seelie, and as such is a target of the rebels of the Unseelie. There’s more to this, but you will need to read the book to get it all explained.

Right now, Tressa is living in the human world in hiding because too many of her friends have been killed because of her. She runs a store that sells crystal,
Tanella
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Come on book two...no spoilers.

The book started out great and ended great. There wasn't a moment during the story that I wanted to skip pages or scenes and that speaks for itself.
Tressa is the perfect heroine, intelligent, strong, kind and loving and Xander is almost the same plus a great Dad. There was romance, no graphic intimate scenes but not enough depth to the romance. There was talk of intimacy and then of living together and co-parenting without much segue into how it jumped from one
Melissa
I liked this highly imaginative and creative story. I am of Irish heritage, like the author, and I loved her use of Celtic Mythology. The story focuses on one couple Tressa and Alexander and Alexander’s daughter Sophia. Tressa is what is referred to as the King’s Jewel. In this universe the Faerie's can’t go to heaven, but must remain in purgatory until four items are returned to the Faerie's. Tessa is prophesied to be the person that will be able to find all the items. Of course what good would ...more
Jo
Jun 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I felt immediately enveloped in this story. Yes, there is a lot going on, but to me, it never felt rushed or over complicated. I feel that it is a great platform on which to base the rest of the series.

The author has created a wonderful connection between all the characters, not just Tressa and Xander. And, throughout the narrative, there is delicate, deft touches of misdirection.

And after finishing this book, I am left to ponder the special mystery that is Sophia.

Overall, a promising start to
Cynthia
Dec 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I loved the book and will definitely be reading the rest of the series.

It was a quick read but I never felt bored and i definitely got sucked into the story. I'm so glad the author did not go overboard with the details and setting up this fantasy world. I also hope to hear more of xander's perspective in the next book. I don't know if his narrative added much in this book but at least i don't feel like it took anything away from the story.

I received this book through a goodreads giveaway.
Kim Power
Jul 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Intriguing Take on Faery

An original twist on the fey living with humans. My rating would be 3.5 if possible. The plot is novel, and the writing is mostly good but the characters are rather one dimensional.the goodies are good and the baddies are bad, and I'm not sure about the function of the subplot involving Holly. Sophia has the potential to be. Delight. I will be buying the second one.
John Love IV
May 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sidhe princess is the hope for their salvation but some want her dead. Add in her human soul mate and some other world creatures and you have an interesting story.

I liked the plot and the characters though I didn’t always know what the book was leading too. The bad guys weren't too obvious and the good guys weren't all perfect.

An enjoyable book that I got for free for Kindle.
Kathie Hess
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Faebulous!!!!!!

This was one of the best Fantasy books I,ve ever read. Steeped in tradition and exquisive explainations of Fae life including friends such as Pixies and Dragons. I look forward to book two.

T Jacob
Aug 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story.

Tressa is someone we wish we knew. She could be any number of people we meet everyday. The supporting characters are just as memorable and easy to relate to. I truly enjoyed Tressa's story and look forward to reading more.
Heather Love
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well Written

An engaging read thoroughly engaging and keeping the pages turning with lots of action. For emotional readers there may be just a few tears...
Beverly
Great story

This is a great story and I loved the fairy and humans in the book. Can't wait read the next book. Need to find out what is going to happen next.
Patty Servaes
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book and can't wait for the next book in the series! I was hooked from the first moments in Tressa's jewelry store - you have a real gift for imagery Belinda Gordon!
Pickyreader
Couldn't finish reading. I can't understand the acceptance of spousal abuse. Her friends husband comes into her work place wrecks the store and beats on her and her friend doesn't want to press charges with the police because she is pregnant. This is ridiculous and something I don't want to read about nor accept in my life. Charge the bastard put him in jail and throw away the key. He will not change and now you are putting an innocent in to that abuseive situation. Nope don't want to read about ...more
Katrina Berry
Feb 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Faeries, pixies, dragons oh my!

This was a well-written, steady paced story that flows wonderfully across the pages. Be ready with a kleenex just in case because it can get a little emotional. First time reader of Ms. Gordon’s work and I was definitely pleased.

Please note that an ARC was generously provided in exchange for an honest review of which this is both honest and completely voluntary.
Sahar Abdulaziz
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an enchanting tale! A fantasy popping with perfectly executed dialogue, exciting characters, and tender romance. As the story unfolded, it did so with exquisite detail. I also enjoyed how the author seamlessly mixed Celtic folklore, mysticism, magic, and real world issues, like domestic violence. Such a wonderful read!
Alyssa Stockwell
May 18, 2017 rated it liked it
This book had some parts that I really enjoyed but then there were quite a few long/slow spots as well. I also felt that it ended rather abruptly for a book that had put so much into the earlier parts of the book.

I will most likely read the next book in the series but it's not on the top of my "To Read" list. Hopefully, it will keep me engaged throughout.
Rebecca
Not much of an ending. It isn't a cliffhanger. I can't fully fault it as a break. But it just doesn't feel right. I liked a good bit of it otherwise, although the bad guy was obvious. 3 i guess... Low 3
danielle madden
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it.

I liked it. Kept me wanting to finish the book. A different take on the far characteristics than I've read before.
Nancie
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! If you love fantasy, adventure, and love, this book is a must read!
Leticia
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this eBook from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Cross posted on Shh, I Am Reading

Tressa is hiding from the Unseelie Court who want her dead because of a prophesy of her people naming her one of the King’s Jewel. Previous King’s Jewels did not survive the Unseelie Court, thus her identity must remain hidden.

When Sophia and her handsome father Xander walk into her store, and surprisingly, into her life, she sacrifices her identity to protect those she loves dearest.
Lburt
Dec 21, 2016 rated it did not like it
Nope couldn't do. Book just wasn't doing it for me not sure what was off but only made it about 40% through.
Bonnie
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Traphis: A Wizard's Tale
  • Tsunami Storm
  • Creatures of the Dark: A Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Anthology
  • Alpha's Temptation (Bad Boy Alphas, #1)
  • Chasing Series: Set One
  • The Arrival (BirthRight Trilogy, #1)
  • Soaring Flame and the Dragon-transcending Magimal (Code of Rainbow, #1)
  • Blind Fury (Men of Steele, #1)
  • Brightest Shadow The Mythical Knights Book 1
  • ARISEN, Box Set - Books 1-4
  • Sweet Cherry Pie (Hell's Belles #1)
  • Golden Curse (Fantasy and Fairytales, #1)
  • Divided Sky (David Wolf #13)
  • Supernatural Chronicles: The New Orleans Collection
  • Faerie Blood (The Changeling Chronicles, #1)
  • Texas Lily (Too Hard to Handle, #1)
  • Fatemarked (The Fatemarked Epic, #1)
  • Sun Weaver (Light Weaver Duology Book 1)
Belinda M Gordon was born and raised in Pennsylvania and currently lives in the Pocono Mountains with her wonderfully supportive husband, her thoughtful easy-going son, and two delightful dogs.

She is of Irish heritage, which is how she became interested in Celtic Mythology. She used the Celtic Mythology, specifically of Ireland, as the starting point of her Romance/Fantasy series, The King's

The King's Jewel (4 books)
  • Xander's Folly
  • Deaglan's Deception
  • Sophia's Song
“Do you see the labyrinth out there?" She waved a graceful hand toward the garden. "Life is like that labyrinth, full of pathways that seem like the right way, but end up being detours. We go one way and then another until we find our true path.” 1 likes
“Mattie, I'm sorry to drag you away." "Don't worry about it. It's late. My mother always said nothing good happens after midnight." I barked out a surprised laugh. "Your mother, clearly, is not a Sidhe.” 0 likes