Start by marking “Runaway Heart: A Game of Hearts Novel” as Want to Read:
Runaway Heart: A Game of Hearts Novel

Runaway Heart: A Game of Hearts Novel (A Game of Hearts #2)

One Hurricane. Two Strangers. No Rules.

Hannah Adamson was immune to relationships. Swearing men off long ago, she buried her painful reasons under her feisty independence and a passion for roller derby. Until she met Ed and was swept away by the tall, witty, sarcastically sexy best man who might just be the one to have the antidote for her runaway heart.

Ed Alcott wasn’t l
272 pages
Published December 21st 2015

To ask other readers questions about Runaway Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Runaway Heart

NiCoLeTa E.
Dec 08, 2015 NiCoLeTa E. rated it really liked it
*** 4 "Fight your demons" stars***

Phew!!! That was a very touching story...
It was a story about love and how love can be your motive to chase away your demons...
Because when you will set yourself free from all the pain that is holding you a prisoner, you can be free to love and to be loved with all of your heart!!!

That was a deeply emotional story...
That was Hannah's and Ed story....

Hanna and Ed met to the wedding of their best friends... and from the first moment there was a pull between them
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm

A house in an island, a hammock, towels, a tent, Orgasm on the Beach (that's the name of the wine in case you're curious), hurricanes, thunderstorm, Rum Cay Island. Well, that's basically how I summarize Hannibelle and Ed's tumultuous weekend and the start of a whirlwind love affair.

NOT!

Hannah Adamson, aka Hannibelle Lecter, her code-name in roller derby, hides behind her past. She doesn't trust guys, she doesn't believe in love, she doesn't care about real men with honest intentions.
Cyndi
Nov 18, 2015 Cyndi rated it it was amazing
I love this writing duo! I’m not sure how that works, just that it does. With Runaway Heart (A Game of Hearts #2) they delivered a stellar follow-up to Love Always (A Game of Hearts #1). Once again Sonya Loveday and Candace Knoebel weave a sweet and tender love story about first love and what it takes to overcome long endured emotional roadblocks.

Our heroine and hero, Hannah and Ed, have that special oomph that makes their story one to read. Their first interactions show Ed’s light and flirty n
Kendall {Book Crazy}
Oct 21, 2015 Kendall {Book Crazy} rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
4.5 stars!

I'm a big fan of both these authors books that they write separately, and I loved the first book in this series that they wrote together! I loved it so much that I could totally see a book for the two main characters of this book, as they were secondary characters in the first book, so I was very excited when I read that a book for them was happening! I then received an ARC from the authors and started reading as soon as I could! I loved this book! I may actually have loved it more tha
Books Laid Bare
Dec 21, 2015 Books Laid Bare rated it it was amazing
A joyously emotional story told with the most deliciously fabulous flow, the authors have managed to bring to life a story that is crammed full of characters that I simply adored.
The story itself is one winds its way from the first flush of love through to the discovery of what it takes to keep a love that is determined to last a lifetime, despite the stumbling blocks of a life not only lived but survived.
The story is that of Hannah and Ed and they are a strong pair with a depth of character tha
Ashley Ann Martin
Nov 14, 2015 Ashley Ann Martin rated it really liked it
*I was given an ARC of Runaway Heart in exchange for an honest review.*

Another winner from Candace and Sonya!! After reading Love Always, Maggie and Philip's story, I couldn't wait to read Ed and Hannah's! I wasn't disappointed!

Hannah is a passionate young woman who loves Roller Derby. She's at a crossroads in her life, trying to figure out where she's going and what she wants to do when she gets there. Ed is a charming English gentleman. He is witty to boot! Neither is looking for a relationshi
Cally
Dec 19, 2015 Cally rated it really liked it
I was given this book in return for my honest opinion.

We meet Hannah Adamson who is a young lady who is at a crossroad's in her life and has no idea as to which way she should turn. The only thing Hannah knows is that she is completely sworn off men and definitely not interested in having any sort of relationship with the opposite sex.

WE then meet English gentleman Ed Alcott who is over to be best man at his best friends wedding. The girl his best friend is marrying is Hannah's best friend. Spar
Yvonne (The Shadow Realm)
Also posted on: The Shadow Realm

Another fantastic book from two awesome authors. I enjoyed this book so much! It was so intense and emotional. And the characters were great. I adored Ed in Love Always, but I fell in love with him in this one. He was so funny! And such a sweetheart! I want one lol! Hannah I had a harder time connecting with, I'm not sure why exactly, but I did feel sorry for her and what she has gone through. The authors tackled such a difficult issue with great class.
Ed and Hann
Jamie
Oct 20, 2015 Jamie rated it it was amazing
In Runaway Heart Ed and Hannah have a chance at the kind of love that can last forever but will it have a chance to start?

After an occasion of true love to celebrate Maggie and Phillip from Love Always, the best man and maid of honor go beyond the call of wedding duties. Forced by nature the two endure a time together that cannot be forgotten.

Each has their own lives, with their own problems, in two very different areas of the world. After going separate ways the two find that staying away may
Laura  Redmon
Dec 17, 2015 Laura Redmon rated it it was amazing
These two authors, Candace and Sonya, has got my imagination running away with thoughts of sexy English Gentleman!

I thought Love Always was such an excellent read and that there was no way they could top it.
They proved me wrong with Ed and Hannah's story!

Hannah is at a point in her life where she she needs to figure out what she wants her future to entail.
She’s a determined and heart felt women.

Ed reminds me of a sexy prince charming, only with an accent.
He is an all around polite gentleman.
Dec 20, 2015 Jennifer rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

This is the first book of either authors that I've read, and it won't be the last.

This is a wonderful story about facing your fears and weakness, and finding the power to rise above them.

Hannah is a sweet girl, but hides the pain of her childhood by not letting people get too close. The subject matter in this book is very serious, and the authors did a fantastic job writing it respectfully and not making light of it. They showed Hannah's emotions beautifully.

Ed is an absolute charmer
Erica
Dec 17, 2015 Erica rated it really liked it
A girl with a troubled childhood who believes she's incapable of loving or being loved.
A guy who with a heart of gold and the patience of a saint wants to love her like she deserves but she fights it. Her insecurity, her inability to let herself believe she's worthy of what he's offering her is heartbreaking yet angers me at the same time.
Runaway Heart deals with physical and mental abuse. And while it's not handled with kid gloves it's not overly detailed either making it easy to read. No abuse
Kim Mote
Dec 20, 2015 Kim Mote rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read by these authors and was impressed. The story grabbed me from the first chapter. The characters were real and believeable. Hannah had a hard life growing up and never made mends with it. Ed was hurt with life and moved on without making amends. When the two are stranded on an island the connection is made and there lives change whether they want them too are not. Once they admit there true feeling, there pasts must be dealt with before the future can occur. The l ...more
Amy Sheets
Dec 11, 2015 Amy Sheets rated it it was amazing
Aww. Such strong feelings in this book ! Domestic violence is NOT OK ! This book goes thru memory lane for hannah and she is comforted by Ed. Eds aunt went thru it and he got from where she came from. Even thou hannah wasnt the recieveing one but shes the daughter that had to watch it.
Would i reccomend it?! Yes i would.
Would i reread it?! Yes i would.
This is a story about 2 people who gives up in l9ve or just dont believe in it. And well theu find each other.
Give hannah and eds story a chance
Emma obsessed book reviews bramley
Dec 19, 2015 Emma obsessed book reviews bramley rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: reviewed
what a fantastic read, this is a whirlwind romance story which will keep you hooked till the last page then leave you wanting more. you will fall in love with then characters from the beginning. this book deals with some strong issues, physical and mental abuse, and its handled very well and is not just skipped over. this book is well written and a defiant must read.
highly recommended
Stephanie
Dec 14, 2015 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Leann Frantz
Dec 18, 2015 Leann Frantz rated it it was amazing
I got this book as an ARC and I love it. it kept in the book through it all. can't wait to read more. keep up the good work Sonya..
Emma Star Crossed Reviews
This review was originally posted on Star Crossed Reviews
One Hurricane. Two Strangers. No Rules.

Ed Alcott wasn’t looking for love, especially not after a particularly nasty breakup le
Laurie
Mar 04, 2016 Laurie rated it really liked it
This is my first time reading anything from authors Sonya Loveday & Candace Knoebel. If Runaway Heart is any indication, I am ready to one-click their next book.

Runaway Heart is a unique book in that the heroine Hannah has a bad ass job — she is part of a roller derby team. We get an inside of view of the inter workings of her team, the chemistry and the pure camaraderie — the love the team has for Hannah. Whether she knows it or not, they are her chosen family.

I loved the humor of this book
Alicja P
Dec 18, 2015 Alicja P rated it really liked it
If you haven't figured it out already this is the second Game of Hearts novel. I think you can still enjoy this one without reading the first one but you do get a lot of backstory in the first one, which is called Love Always,. Also, that one is AMAZING and I love it so you should just go ahead and read that one too :)

Runaway Heart is Hannah and Ed's story. Hannah is Maggie's best friend and Ed is Phillip's best friend and former roommate. They end up meeting each other for the first time at Mag
Roxanne Kade
Dec 21, 2015 Roxanne Kade rated it it was amazing
It’s official. Ed is my new favorite book boyfriend.

This story was romantic, with just enough steam to satisfy my naughty side. The chemistry between Ed and Hannah was obvious from the first second they laid eyes on each other and it only intensified from there on out. I loved the flirtatiousness that sparked every time they interacted, and I was glad to see both their walls come crumbling down as their relationship developed. It took a bit longer than expected, but I had hope that they’d find
Kathy Osborn
Oct 20, 2015 Kathy Osborn rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Game of Hearts series from Sonya Loveday and Candace Knoebel and it is another winner for them both.

Ed and Hannah meet up during Maggie and Philip's (from Love Always - book 1). Ed is Englishman and funny as you can get and Hannah is sober as her childhood was dealing with watching physical and mental abuse occur to her mother.

This book has a serious side, but yet a humorous side. For example when both get stuck in a hammock and they try to free themselves from ea
Jodie's W.I.N.E. List
Dec 21, 2015 Jodie's W.I.N.E. List rated it really liked it

I have mixed feelings about this book. I was intrigued by a book about roller derby, it sounded different. However, since I know absolutely nothing about roller derby, I found parts of it were hard to visualize. That made it more difficult for me to really experience the story. Eventually, the story of Hannah and Ed took over and I was able to really enjoy the book. It just took a little for it to happen for me.

I did not read the first one in the series, Love Always. Honestly, I didn't even real
Christie
Oct 20, 2015 Christie rated it really liked it
A romantic novel of love conquers all. Hannah has to face the demons of her life in order to move on and find the happiness she craves.

This novel brings to the forefront the topic to domestic violence and how many it affects. It was eye opening and hopefully readers experiencing something similar can relate to this and get the help they need like Hannah.

I only gave this story 4 stars because it came a bit predictable. I knew what would happen from
About halfway through. I'm not one to love stor
Richelle Zirkle
Dec 22, 2015 Richelle Zirkle rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story as it unfolded. The main character, Hannah, grew up under less than ideal conditions, but has been able to overcome her situation and create a life that she wants. It just might not be enough because she's been keeping any chance of love at arm's length. Ed had his heart broken, but he has remained his charming self and is open to the possibility of love. He slowly but surely breaks down the barriers Hannah has erected and helps her to see the life she could choose fo ...more
Haley Anderson
Nov 14, 2015 Haley Anderson rated it it was amazing
After reading Maggie & Phillip story in Love, Always. I was super excited to read Runaway Heart!

Hannah Adamson (Maggie's BFF) and Ed Alcott (Phillip's Best Friend) are thrown together for a weekend to remember.

Not only is Hannah dealing with her demons from her past, but she must figure everything out before she can move forward in life.

Ed is a very patient & sweet guy. But most of all that English charm. Love it! After recently suffering from a broken heart in is previous relationship,
Melinda
Dec 18, 2015 Melinda rated it it was amazing
**more at melenasreviews.wordpress.com**

I have to say when I got this book I thought intriguing. At first I was a little confused about the whole roller derby thing but once Sonya Loveday continued it totally made sense. I loved that Hannah is a woman who because of circumstances had to build a strong backbone hence the roller derby skating. She may be tough and yes a little weary towards men but she has her reasons. Now Ed is perfect for her in a way that they share a connection only they can u
Lisa
Jan 26, 2016 Lisa rated it liked it
Shelves: net-galley-arc
You can find more reviews Mademoisellesnow Blog

Hannah hasn’t had the best life and she’s at a real crossroads situation. She meets an English gentleman at her best friends wedding and they hit it off. This book was quite touching and it definitely pulled on the heartstrings a lot. Although, the beginning of this book was mostly about Roller Derby and I know nothing about the game so it was really hard for me to visualize a lot of the story. But thankfully Ed and Hannah’s story took over quite so
Samantha
Runaway heart was an interesting read. Hannah is a girl who hasn't had the best past. She's closed off, afraid of commitment, and struggles to find what she wants from life.

Ed is an English guy who had his heart destroyed by love and is working still on getting over it and moving on with life. He's still searching for what he wants from life too.

When the two meet at their best friends' wedding things get heated. Can two broken souls heal each other?
Kelly Dempsey
Nov 24, 2016 Kelly Dempsey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read it in one day!

I thought the first book was great, but this one topped it! I loved how she showed that women can be strong, independent and tough minded but still embrace a soft, loving romantic side. Everyone has demons they have to overcome in order to find true happiness. I truly enjoyed watching both of them grow into happier, whole people not trapped by their pasts and fears.
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Love Always: A Game of Hearts Novel
  • The Broken Hearts' Society of Suite 17C
  • The Queen B* and the Homecoming King (The Queen B*, #3)
  • Gideon's Promise (Son's of Judgment, #2)
  • Before & After
  • Doing It for Love (All About Love, #1)
  • Dragons Are People, Too
  • Sleeping Tom (Sleeping Tom, #1)
  • Breaking Angelina (Paranormal Investigations, #2)
  • Sacred Angels (Helena Zane, #1)
  • Unexpected Consequences (Intoxicating Passion, #5)
  • First and Last
  • Wicked Luck (Wicked Luck, #1)
  • Breathe Me ( A Me Novel)
  • Relish (Vicious Feast, #2)
  • Fake
  • Luminaire (Florence Waverley, #2)
  • Chrysalis (Chrysalis #1)
I'm a full time author. Mother of two teenagers. Wife to an amazing man for 18 years. Dog lover. Cat lover. COFFEE addict. Night Owl. I'm a sucker for a good book. Love the quiet life. Have the bestest best friend in the whole world. My imagination never shuts off which makes it hard to sleep. The worst cook. Seriously.

You can find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads and Wordpress on the links belo
More about Sonya Loveday...

A Game of Hearts (3 books)
  • Love Always: A Game of Hearts Novel