Start by marking “Lost & Bound” as Want to Read:

3.55  ·  Rating details ·  106 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
2 years
38 weeks
4 days

That’s how long I've been here. Captive. Frightened. Alone.
The little human contact I receive is not what I crave. It's not a friend’s comforting arm or my mother’s swift kiss. It's rough contact—forced, and familiar for all the wrong reasons. I don’t want him there, but I’m powerless to stop him. He says that he owns me and that I am his.
“Emmy,” he c
Published May 2016 (first published 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Lost & Bound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost & Bound

Captive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsSeduced in the Dark by C.J. RobertsForbidden by Tabitha SuzumaConsequences by Aleatha RomigComfort Food by Kitty Thomas
Taboo Reads
1,204 books — 2,287 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesBared to You by Sylvia DayEasy by Tammara WebberReflected in You by Sylvia Day
Tortured Sexy Trash
268 books — 460 voters

More lists with this book...

Sabrina
Leila thought traveling to the U.S would be the start to getting her freedom. She was very, very wrong. Instead of arriving and meeting the family she would be a nanny for she was kidnapped and sold as a sex slave. That was almost three years ago and by now she's given up all hope of ever leaving her hell. But then Callum show's up and he may just be the savior she's been hoping for. If he doesn't get captured himself, that is.

This is my first read by Tara Hart so I wasn't too sure what to expe
NMmomof4
DNF @ 72%

I couldn't continue. I found myself skimming more than actually reading, so I think that's a sure sign to call it quits. I'll break it down with spoilers...

(view spoiler)

GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: May, 2016

MY RATING
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

LOST & BOUND Told in dual POV'S ( Leila & Callum ) This book does come with a warning attached to it. This book contains disturbing situations, graphic depictions of rape, strong language and violence.

Twenty-One year old Leila is travelling to the United States of America towards her new nanny job relishing in her new found freedom of working abroad.
Instead of arriving at her new posit
Dusti Hanrahan
Apr 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
I need to think on this... It started out strong but I ended up skimming the last 30%....

Received ARC from author in exchange for honest review. Thank you TH!!
Katie
Apr 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 dark stars

"You were sent here to save me and you did, in more ways than one. You gave me my freedom, but much more than that, you saved my life. You saved me from myself."

Leila thought that coming to the United States will be an amazing new start in her life. Instead, she is kidnapped and taken by a sadistic man. His son, Callum, comes home one day from Italy and finds Leila in his father's home. Confused as to why there is a girl there who tells him she is his 'sex slave', Callum starts to qu
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
 photo newreviewbannerfeather_zpspga5dbag.jpg

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.

photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg  photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg  photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg

Title: Lost & Bound
Author: Tara Hart
Category: Dark Romance
Series or Standalone: Standalone
Characters: 4
Plot: 4
Scorching Level: 3.50
HEA: Read to find out!

This was a new author for me. I was pleasantly surprised by Lost & Bound. Even though the plot was a bit predictable, to me at least, the writing made up for it. The author's skill is refreshing and eloquent and I loved how she developed her plotline.
Leila has been a captive fo
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
May 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a real quick read for me. I read it in a few hours and I did enjoy it.

This book will be dark for some so read the warnings as it contains captivity and rape scenes. As I'm a sucker for the real dark books I'd say this is a really great gritty read.

I found this to be a well written story with a different storyline to what I've read before.

The connection between Leila and Callum was too rushed for my liking. I would have liked to see her deal with what happened a bit better.

4 gritty s
Aղցela W.
This was a pretty good dark read. When Leila traveled to the U.S. she thought she would be working as a nanny instead she was kidnapped and sold as a sex slave that was almost three years ago and she has given up of ever being free. Callum show's up to visit his father and finding Emmy/Leila who he thought was the maid at first. I loved the chemistry between Callum and Leila she was a strong female who has been through a lot at the hands of her Master who is a powerful man. This was my first tim ...more
Danielle
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: beta-read
I was warned that Lost & Bound was a dark romance and definitely not for everyone but I decided to take my chances on this one and I'm so glad that I did!

Imagine leaving the only home you've ever known to go to America and make a life for yourself only to have it all turn into a horrible nightmare in the blink of an eye.

Imagine showing up at your childhood home after being away for three years only to discover that your father is not the man you thought he was.

This is Leila and Callum's st
Hot Books Hot Looks
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow ... just ... wow. This book is unlike anything I've ever read. It's dark, twisted, heart-wrenching, but hopeful & beautiful all in the same. This story isn't for the faint of heart. It's very raw and has detail of rape. It's very tastefully done and not too graphic in my opinion. If there's one word that I would use to describe this story it's HOPE.

Callum hasn't been home in years and when he makes an unexpected visit to his father's house he's confronted by a foreign woman holding a kn
The Smutbrarians
Panty Scorching: 4
Over All Rating: 4.25 Stars
Kindle eArc provided by Author
Reviewed by Robin

Callum has come back unexpectedly to his father’s home after quite a long absence. Letting himself into the house, he encounters a girl dressed scantily who pulls a knife on him. Did she break in? Callum is shocked when the stranger tells him that she’s being held captive by his father. The story only gets more bizarre from there and Callum doesn’t know what to believ
Amazeballs Book Addicts
May 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lost & Bound was a quick good read. It's told in the dual POVs Leila and Callum. It's very well written and the story pulled in right in.
Leila Comes to the US seeking freedom but is tricked and sold as a sex slave. Callum meets Leila when he comes home to his father's house. Even though he meets her under odd circumstances there is still an instant connection. Leila feels safe with Callum. Leila hasn't be treated very nicely and I kind of excepted her not be so comfortable with Callum as qu
Amy
Apr 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Lost and Bound
Tara Hart

Leila and Callum – this is a dark dark read so if you don’t care for those don’t pick it up. This book focuses on human trafficking, selling of women and rape.
Callum needs to save the woman he sees. The man cant leave her.

Emmy is not the name she was given but its what she is being called. The man she just met she trust more than she has ever trusted anyone. She remembers nothing. She was held captive for over two years and her life started to fade. But this man
Michelle
May 17, 2016 rated it it was ok

This book was not what I was expecting.
To be quite honest... I was expecting something a little more darker.
As I kept reading... I just kept thinking there had to have been a faster way to help Leila out. Then the route Callum had taken to help Leila. He was a writer for a U.S. Newspaper. Your going to tell me he couldn't contact anyone to help him out faster?
I mean... There was just so many opportunities he could have taken before everything all went down.
I'm sorry... I just wasn't
A Hopeless Romantic's Booklandia
I wanted to read Lost & Bound from the moment I read the synopsis and let me tell you, it did not disappoint! It was even better than I thought it would be and I'm so glad that I found it. It was an amazing book and I really loved it!

Leila is an excellent heroine - she's sweet and kind and good-hearted even after all she's been through. She's strong in the beginning and she becomes even stronger throughout the book. Leila is just so lovable and wonderful and she deserves every happiness comi
Maxine Livingstone
Mar 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was amazing. Here is a trigger warning. the book deals with human trafficking, auctioning and rape. This book is not for the faint of heart.

I was given this ebook as an advance reader copy for an honest review. This book i really liked. The leading male in the story is one that is quiet different from any other male in a romance novel. In this book the leading male is a man who tries to save the woman he loves nearly succeeds. However, he and the woman he loves are recaptured and held
Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend
I am a big fan of the dark/twisted and odd storylines !! I don't mind the violence and bad language and the more confusion the better !! This story may be a little on the lighter side of dark than I am used to but it was a great read - I devoured it in a matter of hours.

By the time we get to Leila/Emmy she is already broken , confused and hopeless. It seems some of her worst is over and as long as she obeys Osborne things run smoothly. BUT that one day an unexpected visitor comes in the day and
Kellane Mitchener
They Found each other and are no longer lost...

As soon as I saw that Miss Hart had another book up for preorder after reading her debut No Angel I knew I had to get it and I loved this book as I loved the first. Leila and Callum are such a great couple, by themselves they are good but definitely searching for something but now together wow. They are perfect together in my eyes. What a powerful and at times torture to read but I'm so happy I read their story but the end what does FIM stand for? I
Claudine Van
Apr 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC via the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Tara!

4 Star read.

I'm not very good with reviews but I'll try my best.

I liked the main characters, the way Callum was with Leila from the beginning was so sweet. I liked Leila her character was amazingly strong for what she was going through.

The chemistry between Callum and Leila was sweet not very hot but sweet as Callum assumed she would think of HIM while they were together.

I really enjoyed this book and will be
Raychel Faulkner
May 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm not really sure where to start with this review. Lost & Bound has some trigger subjects in it so be warned. I have been studying human slavery that is still going in today and the author did her research pretty well. It kind of reminded me of Taken when the dreams begin. The characters are pretty developed, I did feel parts of their development was rushed and made me not connect fully. Overall, I enjoyed reading and look forward to reading more from Tara Hart.
Robin Powers
Apr 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.25 Stars. Whoa. This story was a different take for me on a captive book. Dark and strangely captivating. I love how she tracked time being held captive and then after she met Callum. You can't help but put yourself in either of their shoes and think what would I have done if...plus I live in Virginia so I'm picturing this small town in the Shenandoah Valley. Full review coming on The Smut-Brarians.
United Indie Book Blog
May 05, 2016 rated it really liked it

Review by Raychel
Tara Hart
Oct 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Lost & Bound is now live!

Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1TEbh1D
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/24TU8J8

description
Obsessive Book Whore
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic dark read! Leila's has been living in hell for the last two years with little hope of climbing out. Until Callum. It's been three years since Callum's been home and he soon realizes his father has changed. This book has a lot of twists and turns. It kept me guessing and at times cringing. If you like dark romances I highly recommend this book!
Tracey
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was awesome read dark sometimes but I really like how we get to see inside both MC head's and try to understand them, this book is a roller coaster of emotions I couldn't put the book down.
I received this copy for an honest review
Melanie
May 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is dark, evil, sad, sadistic with a lining of hope and love.
Megan Crisp
Apr 28, 2016 rated it liked it

ARC kindly given by author for an honest review.

I'm kind of on the fence about this book, I was asked to read and leave my honest review, I was told that it was a dark read violent. As a lover of dark reads I did not find this book to be that dark, I didn't find the language to be as bad as it heeds in its warning. The language in this book is light compared to Some YA reads I've read. The sex scenes in this book are lacking, does it involve rape? Yes simply because Leila is not willing
Michelle Turner
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
What a shame, the beginning for me was a nice twist to the usual captive books that ive read but unfortunately mid way through the story seemed to lose its way considerably and i quickly lost interest. It lacked depth and believability.
Tiffany Readz
May 17, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars. Not My Kind of Dark

As a fan of the dark genre, with the likes of Pepper Winters, CJ Roberts, Lili St. Germain and Mary E. Palmerin, this book didn't come close to what I thought it was. With Lost and Bound we get a story of survival more so than the dark storyline I am a fan of. The concept was different, and felt a bit let down with the warning that came with the book.

Emmy is a girl in the wrong place at the wrong time. She is the victim of something we all worry about, human traffic
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Advance (Advance Industries, #1)
  • Animal
  • Nine
  • The Bellator Saga: The First Trilogy (Bellator Saga, #1-3)
  • Reunion (Wunder, #2)
  • Angel of Darkness (The Third Throne, #1)
  • The Alchemist's Perfect Instrument (City Steam #1)
  • Under By Vengeance (Surrender Collection #3)
  • Black Widow
  • Dane (HUNKS, #1)
  • Heart of Stone (The Stone Series #1)
  • For the Love of Death (The Death Series, #7)
  • Burned (Devil's Blaze MC, #2)
  • The Abduction of Kelsey
  • Lily and the Beast
  • Soulmates (Soulmates, #1)
  • Good Pussy Bad Pussy: Rachel's Tale
  • The Halfling (The Aria Fae Series #1)
Tara Hart writes romance stories for those searching for their happily ever after. Her upcoming releases include No Angel - a new adult novel and Lost & Bound - a stand-alone read that teeters on dark romance.

Tara was born and raised in Australia. She currently spends her time travelling around Asia finding inspiration for her next story.

Tara loves to connect with readers, writers and bloggers