Start by marking “When Winds Blow Cold (North, #1)” as Want to Read:
When Winds Blow Cold (North, #1)

When Winds Blow Cold

(North #1)

Go north, little human.
Go north until the winds blow cold and you walk on water.
Go north, and there you will find her.

With the Dragon's prophecy ringing in his ears, Danis travels from town to town, seeking a wife. But at every stop, he is turned away, until he enters the City of Winter itself...
ebook, Smashwords Edition
Published October 25th 2015 by Anna Tan

To ask other readers questions about When Winds Blow Cold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Winds Blow Cold

Julie A. Polinski
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It was just to short. We need books like this,just to get away from our busy lives for a little while.
Laura A. Grace
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Aw I loved this story! Sweet and short, but beautiful. Very original and greatly enjoyed the uniqueness of it, especially considering the way the hero looked like.
Atikah Wahid
Feb 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: malaysian-books
This is a lovely read. Initially, I just wanted to take a peek at this short novella, but I ended up getting sucked into its world. The story begins with Danis, a simple man living in this mythical place called the Sun and Sea. He is looking for a bride but his days in the sun had burned his skin, making him aged decades older and so, not the best candidate for a spouse. Let's be real, that's the most Asian thing I have ever heard. Colourism and ageism? That's Asian discrimination for you. With ...more
Doreen
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
a beautiful story - short but sweet!
it is like a retelling of several fairy tales (that's just what i think) - nicely wrapped in a petite box (okay, use your imagination here)
this short story is currently available for free at http://books.noisetrade.com/annatsp/when-winds-blow-cold
Evelyn
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My mom has read the book. Some of my friends have read the book.
I have read the book. All said the same ... "Short and Sweet!!!"

Anna, keep it up! We are waiting for your next fairy tale....
Susan Lee
Oct 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
A light read which totally blew me a way. Short and sweet.

My full review here:
Helgaleena Healingline
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This tale was charming and felt timeless.

The dragon told a king a prophecy that would lift the curse, and it came true when a young man of the sun lands was steered north in search of a bride.

He did nothing but act like himself, and yet it came to pass, thanks to the wisdom of finding the place where one is needed most.

The moment where everything comes together is not yet the happy ending. That isn't until the entire family is reunited. And there is the wisdom which transcends mere romance. L
Emma
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
A man seeking a wife becomes entangled in a dragon's prophecy and must face many tests to win his love's hand. Beautifully written in the style of a fairy tale, with some classic quest-to-find-love elements given a far eastern twist. It's a great if you're after a light read; don't expect anything too deep or full of character introspection.

-I received a free copy of this ebook via a giveaway-
MA Bower
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So many lesson in this delightful little book: To thine own self be true. Judge not lest you be judged. Do not give up. Many more.
Sandy
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this fairy tale! Classic quest to win the princess in some respects, but the author adds a few unusual elements. Worth reading.
Cindy Williamson
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love the character of this short story. It is sweet & charming, & the author builds a vivid world.
Willow Woodford
Feb 14, 2017
Patricia Lynne
Nov 11, 2017
Samantha
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful fairytale short story. Danis of the Sun and Sea must travel north to seek a bride, with a lovely twist on the traditional three trials.
vivien khoo
Dec 19, 2017
Shannon
Jul 16, 2018
Anna Tan
Oct 19, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
McPhaul M.
Jan 26, 2019
Sam
Mar 25, 2019
Anna Tan grew up in Malaysia, the country that is not Singapore. In 2015, she traded in a life of annoying other bean counters for one of annoying the online world with questions about life and death and everything in between. The answer is sometimes 42. Sometimes they try to eat you.

When she is not writing or nitpicking over other writers' copy, she can be found reading a book or attempting to or

North (4 books)
  • The Flame of the North (North, #2)
  • Beneath The Rumbling Earth (North, #3)
  • A Still Small Voice (North, #4)