Start by marking “King of the Storm (Godhead Epoch #1)” as Want to Read:
King of the Storm (Godhead Epoch #1)

King of the Storm

(The Godhead Epoch #1)

The Godhead Epoch: Book One

No one can outrun destiny or the gods.

In Epiro, a kingdom in Greece, Perseus is prophesied to be a great demigod hero and king, with a legacy that will shape the world of Gaia. When he was born, his grandfather exiled him, and his mother brought them to Seriphos, where she created an academy for demigod youth. Perseus trains there and waits
Published November 24th 2015 by DSP Publications

To ask other readers questions about King of the Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about King of the Storm

Start your review of King of the Storm (Godhead Epoch #1)
B.A. Brock
Oct 20, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
My debut novel. :)
J. Coatsworth
Nov 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone looking for epic fantasy with LGBT characters
I just finished reading an Advance Reading Copy of King of the Storm, the first novel from author BA Brock, which came out on Tuesday.

Let me say first that I have known BA for about two years now – he is the reviewer for the Queer Sci Fi site, and I was privileged to read a bit of the novel in beta, when it was posted to our critique group.

But reading pieces and reading the whole thing are two entirely different experiences. I now know how everything fits together!

The book takes place in Greece,
Leta Blake
Jan 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
A+ things about this book:
1) Brock writes with clear language that almost "rolls film" in front of your eyes.
2) Accomplishes a lot of plot and action in a satisfying length book.
3) Excellent at battle scenes and descriptions of fights.
4) Pansexual/polyamorous character.
5) Purposeful perversion, rather than perversion with no purpose. And I do mean perversion, not kink, because there were layers of social/personal perversion in the book, not just sexual.
6) Sex on page.
7) Portraying the more
Joyfully Jay
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sue
A Joyfully Jay review.

As a survivor of four years of high school Latin, the Greek myths (and their Roman cousins) have a special place in my heart. Once you’ve slogged through dozens of translations, it’s hard not to develop an affinity for the ludicrous exploits of the randy gods on Mount Olympus. As a result, I was really looking forward to King of the Storm and found myself incredibly disappointed. The author indicates this is meant to be something of an alternate history or a
Kara
Nov 10, 2015 rated it liked it
So I am not really sure what to say about this story...

While this starts of as a m/m it quickly turns to m/f about halfway through with some m/m mixed in. So I wanted to give a little warning for those who mainly read m/m like me. I did kind of get disappointed after that because I rarely read m/f books anymore so it did kind of bring this book down for me mainly because I went into this book and after reading the first part thinking one thing then everything changed up and honestly I was
Diverse
Jan 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jan2016reads
This is the debut novel for author B.A. Brock and I know that always makes people nervous. You think, “Oh no, a new author. I want to wait and see what everyone says before I spend my money.” Okay, I get it. So, here’s my take on this book. It’s quite entertaining. It takes place in Greece, but Greece of what seems like an alternate universe. Different realm maybe. I thought that was very clever. Does it follow Greek Mythology? Hmm. Not completely, no but by shifting the reality of things Brock ...more
AliciaJ
Dec 14, 2015 rated it liked it
I like it ok, but I started to feel bogged down around the 50% mark. The story lost some of its appeal and I had to push myself through to the other side, but I was glad I did. It started to pick back up around 65% or so, and I loved the ending. This was a different take on the whole Greek mythology thing, which was exciting. Hopefully the author will give us more in this world.
Teresa
****Reviewed for Prism Book Alliance****

As King of the Storm comes from Dreamspinners’ DSP imprint, you may guess that it is not a romance per se. There is a love story in there, in fact on some levels, there are many. That in itself is why it doesn’t fit the traditional definition. King of the Storm is an epic journey of a man spanning many years and adventures.

I had to suspend some of my personal foibles to truly appreciate this story. As this is set in a fictional world patterned off of
Paul
Apr 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review
3.5 STARS
Good story and fantasy based off Greek mythology. There is a lot of MM switching to M/F and back again, what some would call cheating but due to what problems certain Demi-Gods suffer from thats not the case within this stories confines.

I liked this story and will read the sequel when it's released, I need to see where it goes before I can get a better grasp on it. I think fantasy fan might enjoy this, it's a good read and well written.
Jayne
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Don't be put off by the "Book One," subtitle. This is a standalone story, told in the first person by Perseus himself.

Oh Perseus! You are a total fox, with an innate ability to stumble into trouble. The Perils of Perseus, perhaps? Lightning bolts from his talented fingers don't save this young man from getting trashed at various points throughout thisgreat re-imagining of a familiar tale. Yes, it has the obligatory recountingof Perseus fighting Medusa, and conquering the Kraken whilst rescuing
Clarissa
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I bought a hard copy of this book from the author at a Pride festival last year but who has time to read actual books anymore? Anyway, I found myself book-less and decided to just buy the kindle version and be done with it.
I finished it in about 12 hours.
I bought it blind, not realizing it was a queer romance but I quickly figured that out!
I felt like the story sort of rambled between plot points and read more like a series of short stories with the same characters. Like Mercedes Lackey’s Vows
Elisa Rolle
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
2016 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention: King of the Storm by B. A. Brock
Very different take on Greek mythology where the gods and demi-gods are flawed, selfish and sometimes devious characters without a lot of moral fiber. Nevertheless, often humorous, poignant and thoroughly entertaining.
Free_dreamer
Mar 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
A Scattered Thoughts And Rogue Words Review

First and foremost, I should probably address reader expectations. “King of the Storm” is not a M/M Romance with Fantasy. This is primarily a retelling of the Ancient Greek legend about Perseus, who happens to be pansexual in this book. So he has sex with both men and women, though the m/f sex scenes are not explicit. He also has relationships with both genders. I liked the variety of that, but it’s probably not to everybody’s tastes.

Fantasy about gods
Tami Veldura
May 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book. Wow. This book is hard to review for me. The writing is vastly engaging, but the format is hard for me to grab and stay invested in. That said, I feel like the structure of this book is well-suited to it's subject.

I'm not versed in Greek history, culture, or mythology. I know there's Zeus and Apollo but I'm just as likely to confuse them with their Roman names and couldn't tell you who is god or goddess of what to save my life. So I'm not exactly the ideal fan for this book going into
Connor
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Debut author BA Brock has written a heroic tale, bending and twisting Greek mythology in a way that kept me fascinated by what would happen next. Perseus comes aliveon the page as a fully human demigod who survives the whims of the gods, all the while having the same wants for love and family as any mortal human. Great first book. I am looking forward to more by this author.
dbbks3
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
An interesting concept. An alternate Greek mythology interacting with an alternative earth. I love mythology. This was unique. Very well written. Not for everyone, but I loved it.

though the fabric was soft, I winced, feeling raw and vulnerable. With a sigh, he cuddled around me as though it were the most natural thing in the world to touch me, but no one had ever touched me this way.
Sally
Feb 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: bisexual
A decent retelling of Greek mythology, but the writing was somewhat bland/flat, and I didn't find an emotional connection to any of the characters. The pacing was rough as well, with the story completely falling off in the second half.
Mitya
May 29, 2016 rated it it was ok

I really really wanted to like this book, but there was no life to the writing, I never was invested in or cared about any of the characters, and the story itself felt lather, rinse, repeat in a dissatisfying way.
Jodie Manchester
Dec 01, 2015
Dec 02, 2015
M
Dec 08, 2015

• Treasure (The Lost Gods, #1)
  • Chaos (The Lost Gods, #5)
  • Medicine Hair (Cut Hand, #4)
  • Prince of the Stable
  • A Knight's Tale: Kenilworth (Knight's Tale, #1)
B. A. Brock has lived most of his life in the Pacific Northwest, with a couple years in Oklahoma. He graduated with a Bachelor’s of Science in 2007 at Portland State University--which he mostly uses to contemplate how we can achieve a civilization more closely aligned with Star Trek.

During a round of Dungeons and Dragons, he discovered a desire to write out some scenes from his character’s story.