Start by marking “Through Life and Death (One Hell of a Romance, #1)” as Want to Read:
Through Life and Death (One Hell of a Romance, #1)

Through Life and Death (One Hell of a Romance #1)

4.54  ·  Rating details ·  13 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
In Jennifer Felton’s debut, the reader is plunged into the paranormal world, circa 1885 England, in this compelling prequel to her new adult A Hell of a Romance Series.

Meet the most powerful and feared family in the paranormal world: the Helms family. Tobias is anything but a normal vampire, he’s also the King of Hell. At his side are his children, twins, Maya and Sebasti
Published October 15th 2015 by Booktrope Editions

To ask other readers questions about Through Life and Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Through Life and Death

AnessaRenee Reviews
Mar 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this take on the unholy as the author puts it. I like that it's set in the 1800's and love the way it's mixed paranormal. I can't wait to read all of the book for this series. This was a quick read that keeps your attention. I'm excited to see how the author expands her paranormal world. She set it up to be an amazing world and different from others.
BooksForHope
I'm having mixed feelings about this one. While I really liked the plot and the characters, I'm not as sold on the execution. I liked the world that the author created, it's interesting and open to many possibilities. The characters were engaging and I want to know more about them. I assume that's part of the point of a prequel, to make us want to continue reading the series, as well as giving the reader background.

Maya the self appointed Goddess of the Unholy and her brother Sebastian the Enfo
Angel Hatfield
Oct 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sebastian Helms was the Enforcer and carried out death sentences for the Council. Sebastian's twin sister was Maya who is the Goddess of the unholy both were half God half vampire and were immortal. Sebastian and Maya’s father was a topaz demon and the King of Hell. Sebastian and Maya’s job was to keep demons and other creatures from hurting the humans or the humans hurting demons. Maya had created the the Council to keep demons in line and for them not to create chaos for humans . But things se ...more
Laurie P
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015

I was given a copy of this book for an honest review free of persuasion from the author or anyone else affiliated with this book.

CONTAINS SOME SPOILERS

This was a good book. I realize it was a prequel to the next book in the series but it seemed very short and ended in the middle of an incident. You can guess what happened but that is not the same as the author telling you. That is why I gave it 4.5 stars.

Sebastian is the Enforcer. His twin sister is the Goddess of the Unholy. They are h
Bella's  Blog
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the first time reading anything by this author and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed this great series . This story is set in England in 1885, and is about Sebastian Holms ,who is an enforcer who carries out death sentences for the council .The council was created by his own twin sister Maya ,for keeping demons in line and for them not to create havoc for the humans .It seems that Sebastian and Maya have more trouble ,then they expected on their hands there is things happening that shou ...more
Rebecca Austin
Dec 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is extremely intriguing and I am definitely looking forward to reading more in the series.

In England 1885, Sebastian Helms, is an Enforcer who carries out death sentences for The Council. The Council was created by his twin sister Maya to keep demons in line and not create havoc for humans.

Yet Sebastian and Maya may have more trouble on their hands than they could have imagined as things are happening that shouldn't be.

I am really intrigued by the way the series is headed and I can't w
Stacey
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Topaz demon evil and ruler over the underworld
Maya daughter of Topaz and sister to sebation .
also what happens when someone betrays their family will Sebation have to kill who is behind a woman who has done nothing wrong to kill her only to find she is with child but whose i have an inkling as to whom .
also this is a short story but stay tuned to book 2 and this is a ARC review given in exchange for an honest review . and i will have review 2 up tonight or tomorrow .
Joyce
Maya and Sebastian are twins and their father is the King of Hell. Part Vampire Part God they are immortal. They formed a Counsel to oversee all the demons running around and make sure they follow certain rules. The rules are to protect the demons from being killed by humans and vice versa.

This is short story that I really need to read the next book. It is a very quick read and very compelling.

I was given this book free from the publisher for an honest review.
Mistral Dawn
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a very quick read. Since I'm not familiar with the rest of the series, it was a little hard for me to figure out what was going on at first. But once I got into the story, it was cute. Sebastian, as one might expect from a Prince of Hell, can be a bit of a jerk at times, but he's not all bad, as is evidenced by his actions at the end of the story. Overall, I enjoyed this, but I think those who have read the other books in the series would get more out of it. :-)
Julie Addicott
Nov 15, 2016
Brittany Wilson
Jennifer Felton
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Snake Blow
Maya Ensin
Oct 03, 2016
Snake Blow
Oct 05, 2016
Read 4 Review: Looking for reviews for Paranormal prequel to a series 1 6 Nov 17, 2015 06:26AM
An avid reader since childhood, Jennifer loved to read any book she could get her hands on. She especially enjoyed tales with paranormal or supernatural elements. Her love of words evolved as she grew older and later in life became someone her friends turned to when they wanted a school paper read and proofed.

After college, where she received a degree in Education, she reached out and networked w
More about Jennifer Felton...

One Hell of a Romance (2 books)
  • Through Love & Hate (One Hell of a Romance, #2)