Start by marking “To Hale and Back (Hale #4)” as Want to Read:
To Hale and Back (Hale #4)

To Hale and Back

(Hale #4)

Just when things seem like they’re getting back to normal and everyone is safe, drugs, money, and vengeance lead a rogue group into action, culminating in a series of events that leave one man dead and another in jail for a wide range of crimes, none of which he is guilty of.

This incredibly strong and close knit group of six will be pushed to their limits when they are t
Published October 26th 2015 (first published October 9th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about To Hale and Back, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Hale and Back

Start your review of To Hale and Back (Hale #4)
1-Click Addict Support Group
Nov 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I’ve really enjoyed this group of friends—this dirty, sexy and funny group of friends—from book one through to now, the end. And this final book is a fun, tense and sexy way to wrap up their stories!

After facing tragedy and coming out stronger than ever, six friends are ready to move on with their lives and face the future…together. But just when things seems to be perfect, life takes a bitter turn, friendships are rocked and hearts are broken. Will they all survive with their bonds, their live
Nicky
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This final book was so good. I loved all the characters and it was great getting POV’s from all of them throughout this read. They face a lot of adversity and it is interesting to read how they cope. Great end to this series.
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Nov 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
description

I am so sad to see this series end…

I was looking forward to this book as much as I was dreading it. I’ve loved this series from the start and honestly didn’t want to see it end. Previous books each centered on one couple in a group of brothers and friends that came together in a wonderful mix of friendship, love, drama and hot romance….

And yes, I said HOT! Scorching, panty-melting, no holds barred, exuberant heat! The sex and emotions were high throughout as each couple brought their own unique
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

“She was the queen of bean flicking before she met Ian.”

“It’s then that I realized that I would follow this man through the gates of hell if he even hinted that he wanted me there”

My Review:

To Hale and Back started off as mostly sunshine and rainbows, as the three couples settled into their lives together and started planning their futures and continuing their careers. With 1026 total pages read for this review, I expected a sweet and sexy wrap up as we cruised to the completion
Mollien Fote Osterman
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review
5 OMG Stars

This was the best. Wow. I know I already said OMG, but seriously I was not expecting this. I read the synopsis for this book a few weeks ago. I knew that this last book was going to be about the three couples Lorali, Ian, Alexa, Garrett, Josie and Kaleb. As I was reading about all the sex they were all having, I was thinking okay a nice little wrap up tied up in a pretty bow. Hell no, bam, the unthinkable happens. Who saw this coming? Garrett and Alexa, they took this book to t
Lindsey Kramer
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was a great conclusion to the story.... I'm not going to provide any spoilers of course, but I definitely want MORE! Marie James is an amazing writer and her stories really know how to grab the reader and suck them in until they are finished. I didn't expect to be finished so quickly as I was with this book, and now I'm sad because I don't know if there's going to be more from Lorali, Ian, Alexa, Garrett, Josie and Kaleb. All the guys are awesome and the girls are great. It was like be ...more
Diane Norwood For The Love of Pimping
I received a arc copy of this book for a honest review. All I can say is what a way to end this series. I'm sad that this is the end. I loved this book and series. Ian Garrett and Kaleb are all awesome men in their own way. Alexa Joseline and Lorali were exceptional women. This book has excitement that I never seen coming!! ...more
Kim  Brewing
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This, this is the book I wanted the whole time from this series. It gives me everything I was looking for and then some. We even get an update on Gracie, a piece I felt was missing from the previous book.

We get POV from all six characters in this one. Something is going to tear our group apart and I wasn't sure if they were going to be able to put the pieces back together. I felt bad for one of our female characters and wanted her to smack him up side the head! I felt bad that another felt guilt
Jenn Green
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing

★✩★✩★ 5 – They Go Out with a BANG – Stars
~this review may contain minor spoilers~

It seems all of our lives are absolutely perfect.
I never would have let the thought cross my mind had I known that thinking it was only inviting the worst possible demons in our lives. Demons that would destroy us and possibly alter our lives in a way that we'd never fully recover from.

The final installment of the Hale Series sees these six friends trying to start their happily ever afters. After the hell they have
Sue
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
To Hale and Back by Marie James is the fourth and final book in the Hale Series. It was excellently written from all 6 major characters POV's and shows us how true love can bring people together toward a common goal. All six have their crosses to bear and issues to overcome. Danger still lurks for some of the characters both physically and emotionally. Can they come together to save each other? Plenty of love, laughter, tears, suspense and some very steamy moments. ...more
Casey Leigh
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fabulous concluding instalment to the Hale series, told in perspectives from each of the couples in the series. Life is full of ups and downs, good friends and solid partnerships help deal with the roller coaster that is life. The Hale series was a most enjoyable, imagination fuelled piece of writing that draws you in from the very beginning,
Kathleen Williams
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
All for Hale and a touch of spice (spoiler)

Great closure to the Hale series touch base with all the awesome characters and their steamy hot storylines . just a little disappointed on Kaleb not getting to put the cuffs on Jessica and Johnny end up as a bad guy. Great series!!
Tiffany Levin
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful ending!

What a fitting ending to this series! Loved how you heard from each character and their thoughts and take on everything that was happening to their group. Sad that it’s the end but loved how it happened!
Angela
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
A great ending to this series

I have really enjoyed this series, and loved the characters. It was a very sensual series with lots of naughty times in the mix for all of the couples.
I would definitely recommend this book, series, and great author.
Crystal Jimenez
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: marie-james
To Hale and back is the conclusion of all 3 couples in the Hale series. This is book is a series of ups and down, and twists and turns, and happy and sad. If you liked the rest of the series, then you have to read thus book to find out what happens. And now I have a new author and book I need to check out, that was mentioned in this book as well, so there is that to look forward to as well.
Loobielou1969
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
The final book in the Hale series, this story focuses on 'what happened next' to the characters from the previous three books and is told from all six POV's.

As always with a Marie James book, you can expect dirty talking alpha males with hot and steamy sex scenes in abundance.

Just when we thought everything was working out just fine for the couples, friendships become strained and relationships are tested.

We all have our least favourite book from authors we love and I have to say that this is mi
The Book Fairy Reviews
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Binds that are held together by love and respect are really hard to break. Our friends have had to endure a lot and overcoming the newest attack to their bond might be the one that finally break no only their friendships but they might strain the relationships within the group.
Kaleb and Josie have are dealing with issues stemming from her resent stress, adding a jealous ex into the mix to make things worse for them.
Alexa is having commitment issues with her Garrett that are tested when she loses
Meghan
Jan 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, thriller, series
Book four is the best in my opinion. We know how all three couples got together (Alexa and Garrett still are my favorite), we have romance, we have intrigue, we have conflict and drama and I love it! If you enjoyed the steamy scenes from the first three books you will remain happy because MJ definitely delivers those in book four. If you are like me and had some questions left after the kidnapping scene, shooting, etc. you will be ecstatic with the direction that this book takes.

There are some s
Bookworm Betties
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing

★✩★✩★ 5 – They Go Out with a BANG – Stars

It seems all of our lives are absolutely perfect.

My world fucking stops. The question I never thought I'd want to hear. The question I was certain I would never hear....
The question, at this point in time, I don't have an
Rachel BookJunky Author Services
FYI...this is book 4 in a series and as such, should be read in order. I'm pretty sure you'll love all the hot n sexy from books 1-3 that it won't be a hardship to read them, unless you've no significant other, no BOB, or are don't care to give yourself pleasure...then...you might be a little frustrated!

I'm reading To Hale and Back, book 4 because I've read and reviewed all the others and enjoyed them...so I'm reading away...it's all hot n sexy with a little tension running between each couple..
Julia
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful wrap up!!

I loved this! This book answered all my quandary wraps up all the lose ends so perfectly!! Definitely the perfect conclusion!
Jennifer Mitsada
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I didn't expect what I just read at all. I was thinking ooo how nice an epilogue book (of sorts), something that's just touching on everyone and how their HEA is going. I was not expecting what hit next, AT ALL!!

So here we of course have our 3 couples; Ian & Lorali, Garrett & Alexa, and Kaleb & Josie. They have all had their books, and what we would assume is their HEA.

But, things always have a way of popping up and changing a situation, how will our couples deal with what pops up for each? ok
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review by Jennifer

Michelle
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ARC review

Wow The final book in this amazing series from Marie James is 5*++++

To Hale and Back is jam packed with everything I enjoyed about this series we get to read all points of views which works really well. The passion and love between the three couples will set your kindle on fire !!!.

Of course like life nothing is ever smooth sailing and the twists, betrayal and changes they all go through will shock you !.

Ian/Lorali, Garrett/Alexa and Kaleb & Josie have a bond each and connected togethe
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Oct 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
When I saw there was another Hale book, I knew I had to read it. I wasn't sure who this book was going to be about. It's all the Hales in one book. For this one you must read the first three first.

We get the POvs of all three couples from the previous books, ( Lorali, Ian, Alexa, Garrett, Josie and Kaleb). I did get a little confused at first with all the switching between POVs. When I start a new chapter I just want to jump right in and with this book I had to remember to look about the words a
Tracey Vuolo
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Hale Series is finished after this book. I liked that this tight knit group of six each told more of their story and their relationships. They have all been thru hell and back. Then just when they think it's over, it's not even close. This series has something for everyone - laughter, love, loyalty, pride, passion, fear, and friendship! Anyone would be lucky to have friends and family like this! When Marie James tells a story, she tells it so you feel like you are right there with them exper ...more
Paula D
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The final book to the Hale series! Ends with a bang.. we get to see every couple and everything is great at first until Garrett gets put in jail for something he didn't do. Drama and romance end perfect ending .. but the author to me is hitting for another ending with Alexa. A must read romance with some angst and thrill factors! 5/5 stars *** I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Copy of this book ***
Lisa Gerkey
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved having all three couples in one book. What a great way to wrap up the series. Alexa and Garrett are my favorite couple in the series but I love them all. This book has some ups and downs that these couples have to face and work through. You get something from each character’s POV. Normally if a book has more than two, I lose track, but since I have read the other books and am familiar with the characters, it worked very well with this one.
This book was no different than any of the rest.
Barbara
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a book. The gang is all still together and as close as 6 friends can be. If you have read the first three books of this series you know all the good, bad and hard times these couples went through to get together. The book starts off with the group getting on with their lives. But just when they think life is going to finally give them all their own Happy Ever After as couples as well as friends, fate steps.

I love the way the author tells the last chapter from all 6 points of view. It’s awe
AC Squared Book Blog
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh Marie. Why does this need to end?!?! So much happened in this book, it's hard to say how much I loved very second of it. You are kept on your toes the whole time, you her can predict what is next and you are satisfied. I really enjoyed the POV in this last book. I don't like when both chapters retell the same scene, Marie is very artful about how she goes about it. You are onto the next scene but you get a small taste of that characters view of what just happened. Can't wait to read more from ...more

• The Setup
  • Arrogant Playboy (Cocky Suits Chicago, #4)
  • His Chance (HIS, #4)
  • His Return (HIS, #3)
  • His Heart (HIS, #7)
  • His Destiny (HIS, #5)
  • His Family (HIS, #6)
  • His Fantasy (HIS #8)
  • His Choice (HIS, #2)
  • His Desire (HIS, #1)
  • Jacob's Ladder: Gabe (Jacob's Ladder, #1)
  • Gloria's Forever (Gloria's Secret, #3)
  • Dirty Game (Annie Carter #1)
  • Lawful Escort (Eternal Bachelors Club, #1)
  • Cocky Playboy (Cocky Suits Chicago, #1)
  • Sexy Love (Sexy #4)
  • Unforgotten Passion (Dirty Sexy Fairy Tales #4)
  • 20th Victim (Women's Murder Club, #20)

Last Release:
Tug: Cerberus MC Book 10

Next Release: Scooter: Cerberus MC Book 11

Marie James is a mother of two boys and wife of 15 years. She's spent most of her life lifetime living in central Texas, with only short stays in South Carolina, Alabama, and Florida. Her passions include reading everything under the sun and sewing, although she doesn't ge

Hale (4 books)
  • Coming to Hale (Hale #1)
  • Begging for Hale (Hale, #2)
  • Hot as Hale (Hale #3)