Start by marking “Leland's Final Gift” as Want to Read:
Leland's Final Gift

Leland's Final Gift

Kinder Thane lost his life partner three years ago and ever since, has folded into himself. He doesn’t speak to friends and only sees his family once a year. Every year on the anniversary of Leland’s death, he spends his time with the ghost of his dead boyfriend.

When Jessie Riley moves in across the hall, it sends his entire existence into a flurry. Suddenly there’s life o
Published October 20th 2015 by NQWYE Press

To ask other readers questions about Leland's Final Gift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leland's Final Gift

Start your review of Leland's Final Gift
☆ Todd
Oct 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This one was actually a solid 4.25 star read for me, if anyone’s interested in a sweet, short, 40-page Holiday story with a decent number of feels.

After being together for 7 years together, the love of Kinder Thane's life, Leland, was killed by a drunk driver on Christmas Eve.

So for the past 3 years since the accident, Leland, or at least his voice, had visited Kinder to help him get through his grief on Christmas Eve and Christmas day, previously his favorite holiday.

Except this year, Lelan
Elsbeth

Christmas read with Sonia and Paul (13th X-mas read 2015)

*4,5 call me Kinder stars*

Geeez, I was bawling the whole time!!! It was great.

After 3 years Thane is still grieving the loss of his man on Christmas Eve.
Leland (his ghost) visists him every year to help him through these especially hard times.

Except Thane isn't moving on with his life. Leland decides to give chance a help.
Thane's new neighbour Jessie suffers from a concussion and Thane helps him to the emergency room.

What follows are som
Susan
Oct 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas, mm
3,5 stars

Nice short Christmas story.

I didn’t cry at the first few pages, no I didn’t.

HEChapter -Tina J
** Provided by Promotion in Exchange for an Honest Review **

Judging a Book by it's Cover:
Slightly frost-covered model holding ... a rose? In any case, the cover/model struck me as pretty. The synopsis worried me a little, what with the whole "ghost of his dead boyfriend" thing, but the book is not listed as a supernatural or paranormal, so I'd hoped the ghost would not be a prominent character.
Looking Deeper:
Third-person POV. Imagine losing the love of your life, on Christmas Eve no less, and
Kara
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
This was such a sweet story!
Kinder lost the love of his life 3 years ago but still spends time with him every year on the anniversary of his partner's death. Jessie is a new neighbor who Kinder meets while he is moving in. Well Leland Kinder's partner who passed away decide that Kinder needs a push to move on and start interacting with other people more then he has been.
I felt so bad for Kinder and having to go through a loss like that especially around Christmas. I thought the way this story w
Deanna
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Let me preface this by saying I am not a crier. I can watch Steel Magnolias and Beaches without batting an eye.

Tears! Big Fat Tears rolling down my face! This book made me feel so many different emotions. I cried, I laughed, I cried again and was left feeling overwhelmingly happy.

Kinder Thane list the love of his life, Leland to a tragic accident. Leland comes to him every year on the anniversary of his death trying to get Kinder to move on with his life.

A new neighbor, Jessie Riley moves in ac
Sonia ~Ruber's fiancé in Crystal Court universe~
Christmas BR with Paul and Els
True Loveislovereview
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq
Very sweet written story. And the final gift....... Ahhhhh ❤️
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
*copy provided to bayou book junkie by author/publisher via pride promotions in exchange for an honest review*

Thane lost his partner, Leland 3 years ago on Christmas Eve. He not only lost his partner, he lost his life too. He doesn't live anymore, he just exists. He spends every Christmas with the ghost of his dead boyfriend. He tries not to notice the sexy new neighbor, Jessup, but Leland has other ideas. Will Jessup be Leland's final gift to Thane?

This was a quick and enjoyable read! It was
Cathy Brockman
This story is both happy and sad. I will say it brought tears to my eyes both happy and sad. I felt Thane’s pain and heartache.
It’s such a short story I can’t say much about it except how much I liked it. There is a lot of angst but there is brightness in it as well.
If you like a very short story full of angst but with a happy ending and a sweet holiday read this is definitely for you!
* I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review through http://mmgoodbookreviews.wordpress.co
Catherine
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
I guess for a short holiday read about letting go of lost loves and not being afraid to reach out and grab happiness by the... er... ornaments, I was expecting a little more emotional. This was s'okay.
QUEERcentric Books
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Tams Kelly for QUEERcentric Books

Leland’s Final Gift by Thianna Durston finds Kinder Thane spending all of his Christmases alone.

Or so we all think.

But we would be wrong. He spends them with his dead lover, Leland’s ghost.

Leland and Kinder were together for ten glorious years, and Christmas was Kinder’s absolute favorite holiday. Or it was until that fateful Christmas Eve.

Three years ago. That’s when his happy life ended. The night Leland’s life was taken by a drunk driver.

KINDER SIM
Angela Goodrich
Having just finished a book that ripped my heart out and left me a sobbing mess, I needed a sweet romance to cheer up my broken heart. So I flipped through my December reading list and saw that I had Leland’s Final Gift in my queue and thought “Perfect! Durston’s male-male romances always warm my heart and its shortened length and Christmas theme should guarantee a tear-free read.” Yeah, no. Rest assured, my heart was warmed, but my eyes were not tear free. My mistake was in not reading the blur ...more
Devan Huff
Oct 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received one copy of this book at no charge in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed are my own.

In Leland’s Final Gift by Thianna Durston, Christmas used to be Kinder’s favorite holiday until his life partner was killed in an accident on Christmas Eve. Now, he has become a shell of a man, avoiding friends and family for the last three years. He spends his Christmas Eve with the ghost of his dead partner and has no interest in moving on.

Leland (or, shall we say…Leland’s GHOST) r
Kathleen R.
Nov 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Overall Stars: 4 STARS

M/M
Grief

When life gives you one final chance to live once more, do you deny it or hold on for dear life?

Molli B.
Quick Christmas-themed read (Christmas is my favorite! (to read about; IRL I kinda loathe it)). I very much liked the storyline and the hopefulness of it. I sympathized greatly with Thane (tears were shed), and I was very happy to see him smiling. :)

The writing, though, didn't entirely work for me. It's one of those stories where you can't quite put your finger on what's wrong, but you know something is just a bit off. It really needed an editor, for one thing (typos, punctuation, etc.). And the
Mollien Fote Osterman
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance

Review
5 Holiday Ornaments

Paranormal meets m/m romance. I don't think that this book is listed as a paranormal book, but Leland is a ghost that comes to visit Thane, his life partner, on the anniversary of his death every year since he died three years ago. Thane has not been able to move on with his life since Leland was killed by a drunk driver on that horrible Christmas Eve. When Jessie moves in across the hall the last thing Thane wants is to meet his new neighbor let alone talk to him. Than
Jaime
3.5 Stars rounding up to 4

Very cute book with a "ghost of Christmas and lovers past vibe". I am not sure if the author set out to write such a short, quick story or if this was the entire story as it felt a little rushed to me and some key areas could have been better explored.

As is right now I can't rate higher than 3.5 due to plot, pacing, ending.

ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review. Reviewed by JLoves2Read from Alpha Book Club
and Gay Book Reviews
Molly Lolly
Dec 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Original review on Molly Lolly
Four and a half stars!
This is a sweet and cute story. Kinder is adorable but you feel so bad for him and his pain. Jessie is just as sweet and breaks down Kinder’s barriers. Leland definitely had a hand in these two getting together. But the feelings between Kinder and Jessie would have happened in enough time without the push from Leland. There are some characters introduced towards the end that are Kinder’s friends from before. They are wonderful in the short time
Angie
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Inked Rainbow Reads Review Team~
5 stars for this M/M
Short and sweet holiday book about a love lost and a love found. I cried and laughed, it was such a good book, and I only wish it was longer. I loved how Leland pushed Thane and made him live again, such a heartwarming book.
Ro
Jan 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
So sad for Kinder - the grief came pouring through. Leland's final gift was what Kinder needed to go from existing to living again.
Kit
Dec 31, 2016
Paisleyrowan
Sep 08, 2019
skvw
Jan 05, 2016
Mj
Cute and a little sad, but great ending.
Timothy G. Hogan
Oct 16, 2018
Mick
Dec 03, 2015
Tailtiu
Oct 25, 2015
Ramsi
Nov 16, 2015

• Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1)