Start by marking “Desire (Jane Parkett, #1)” as Want to Read:
Desire (Jane Parkett, #1)

(Jane Parkett #1)

Just the beginning...

The world Jane Parkett lives in consists of early mornings, long nights, and the rush of closing a deal. As a new junior analyst at one of the top financial firms in the country, she is determined to rise through the ranks and become partner one day. For the longest time, Jane thought that all she needed in life was her dream job. But when Franklin Mc
Published October 17th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Desire

P Dreadful
Apr 27, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance
I wish it I could give it negative stars (Will it still be a star? Will it be a black hole?). Anyway, when I read the blurb, I thought to myself,"The protagonist is an analyst, like me. This is going to be worth my time." I couldn't have been more mistaken. It started off well, with all the group meetings and presentations, but rapidly disintegrated into a gooey, overly emotional drama involving lots of Chanel dresses and Russian models who wonder if freesia would have looked better in their bri ...more
Joan
Nov 24, 2017 added it
16% "Nothing has happened. There is no character depth or development and no conflict, tension or reason to keep reading. So I won’t."

And I didn't. Shame really, because the cover is stunning and the blurb was very enticing.
maribel torres
Nov 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Interesting

I really liked this story. Jane and Franklin are an interesting couple. They are meant to be together. Franklin is a jerk for what he did to Jane. Let's see in the next book if Jane forgives him.
Angela J. Amos
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great Romance

Well written. Some grammatical errors. Loved the storyline, romance and humor. Never dull. Contains some profanity. Great character development even though Jane's family could have been more developed.
Becca W
Talk about a cliffhanger! Desire lures you in with two powerful individuals that do not get along very well at work. Their feuding is interesting and you'd never expect them to start a relationship...until they do. The two complement each other perfectly, but at work their professional lives are strictly professional. As the relationship gets more serious, secrets are revealed and one brings the relationship to a breaking point. What will happen between them?

I could not be more excited to read t
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
For Love or Money??

Money can't always buy what you want. Certainly not Love. When Franklin enters into an office bet on who will get Jane or Rebecca in bed first he has no idea he will fall in love with Jane in the process, for real! When Jane finds out nine months later about the bet she is furious and breaks it off. Will her heart forgive Frank,or will she let Anger run her life?
joan welling
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love not for sale.

When two people from different backgrounds compete, its usually the one with the better background wins. This story reminded us that love is priceless. Were all equal. This book was one that couldn't be put down until finished. All the characters were well liked and interesting. Looking forward to the next book.
FC Reader
Jan 20, 2019 rated it liked it
This book was ok. Again, the title and cover tells nothing about the story of two twenty-somethings starting a corporate job where they are colleagues/competitors. Romance had promise, but ended in a cliffhanger just as it was getting good. Not compelling enough to read the other books.
MARY PAVLIKOS
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A lazy day

I started this book after finishing my News Paper. And finished it very late the Same night..
I loved it . It was interesting , warm. Beautifully written...
But cannot seem to locate Book 2.
I believe there are 5 Books in the series.
Richard Sommery-Gade
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Business Fast lane

Good look at the Corporate fast lane existence and the hardcore reality there in. Relationships in the same company not recommended. Needs a better review of mistakes in execution for readers.
Ethel
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good reading

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book! Would very much appreciate your sending me the next episode! One could really get to know the characters involved! Particularly the fact that elderly characters were introduced!!!
Lora J.
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked it but I hate cliffhangers why do you do that but anyway good read for me or I wouldn’t review about it thx
Anicha Gibson
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An awesone read

The book captured and captivated me.
I cannot wait to read the next series. Great job and keep the books coming
Shannon Boyer
Apr 27, 2018 rated it liked it
👍

It was ok but lacked sexy detail. The story line was good though and I will definitely read the next one in the series.
Shivangi Rai
Dec 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked the book but then everything got torn edited down by miscommunication.
Carol Venter
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is gripping right from the beginning. It had my avid interest from the first page to the last.
Emma
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Eek new author and a great read

I loved the lightness of the characters yet so much depth can't wait for book 2 here's to hoping for a HEA
sarah staunton
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Desire

I thought the book was written very well, the story line kept you interested and turning the pages. I would recommend this book to my friends.
SLYON
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Desire

Desire is a light hearted fun read. Definitely part one of a series. Left you waiting for the next book.
Queen Talk Talk
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: modern-romance
I fell into the story

The few typos didn't stop me from enjoying this book. Office romances are difficult to pull off. I thought this book did it very well.
Eric Levy
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Intense

This book was excellent reading. It was so captivating and real .I read from start to finish. Loved both characters.
Nazneen
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked this one & cannot wait to read the other parts. I loved the chemistry but I really wanted their passionate scenes, but they weren't there :-(
Smitha Kizhake
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good story

Interesting but predictable at times. Made for easy reading. Was a free book, so not sure I would want to continue. The story is pretty much told.
Pearl Powell
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
Slow

Boy meets girl, boy takes a bet, girl finds out and boy is sorry? Errrr I'm not feeling the apology. Emotional immaturity is rough...
Lynn Mullan
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good read
Vivi Chatzikiriakou
Oct 27, 2015 rated it liked it
3+ stars #Review

“I really like you. And if you want, I’d like to keep this going past tomorrow.”
~Franklin

I like Desire! Although it's written in third person, I like it. It gives a different perspective to the readers while they read the story. It's feels like you can understand the persons involved in the story but you still be the viewer, not someone who can be attached with them. However, I truly can't wait to start reading the second book, called Dedication so I can find out what would happ
Yvonne Nation santiago
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Just plain romance

I really enjoyed this book. No murders, no who done its. Just people falling in love the way it should be. But people are people and make mistakes. Its what they do at those times that matters. I am going to have to read the next book to see the finale of this couple that I'm rooting for.
Jennifer Snyder
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was ok
Not so romantic...

Not so romantic, curses & materialistic. Cursing is an automatic romance killer. Materialism can be fun but the words a man says to his lady should be deeper than the surface of things... May the next book be a truer romantic effort.
kim buffery
Jan 31, 2017 rated it did not like it
Disappointing

Tale of rich, beautiful, body perfect, twenty somethings that should be a short story but is stretched to a novel. Tad superficial with less than exciting plot and unnecessary detail
Khristian McDonald
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is very interesting

I think this book was really nice and I like how it left me in suspense in the end. I look forward to reading the next book in the series

• Virion
  • Landslide (The South Beach Connection Trilogy, #1)
  • The Way to School
  • We're going to be friends
  • The Resilient Runner: Mental Toughness Training for Endurance Runners
  • The Talented Mr. Maxwell
  • What We Did for Love: Resistance, Heartbreak, Betrayal
  • Becoming Lisette
  • Show Me (Me, #2)
  • Destination Unknown (Roadside Assistance #2)
  • The Russian
  • Arrhythmia
  • The Digital Helix: Transforming Your Organization's DNA to Thrive in the Digital Age
  • The Black Tongue
  • Unfinished
  • Off Limits (Off Limits #2)
  • Make Me Want (Make Me, #1)
  • 17 Cents and a Dream

Jane Parkett (4 books)
  • Dedication (Jane Parkett, #2)
  • Devotion (Jane Parkett #3)
  • Dependent (Jane Parkett #4)
“see you two working so well together,” Belmore” 0 likes