Start by marking “F*THS” as Want to Read:
F*THS

F*THS (Friends That Have Sex #1)

3.32  ·  Rating details ·  208 Ratings  ·  76 Reviews
Teddy had two rules—Live for the moment and never look back.

With wealth, good looks and confidence at her fingertips, nothing was going to stop her from living life to the fullest. Not even the secret she’s been forced to live with.

When Asher Rose met Teddy King, he knew it’d be trouble but it was just the kind of trouble he didn’t mind himself falling in, what he didn’t p
Paperback, 2nd, 197 pages
Published February 28th 2016 by Rebellious Valkyrie Press

To ask other readers questions about F*THS, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about F*THS

Constance Burris
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: black-authors
I loved this book so much that I'm gonna try to do my first GIF review. Here it goes.

First I gotta give props to Teddy. She was a really good character. I loved her. She was imperfect and dealing with disease the best way she knew through friend-therapy, sex, and recreational drugs.

Now that that's over, I gotta gush over the male protag Asher. I am a book addict, so I've read hundreds of books (most preGooreads), but I can't remember ever reading a book and feeling such lovely deep feelings. A
Gisele Walko
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
G.L. Tomas books are my new obsession. I was in love with this (just like the others). I hope Asher and Teddy have a chance in the next book. I was thankful for the first chapter of book 2 being included because that left me feeling optomistic. I wished Teddy would have made healthier choices (alcohol and cigarettes had me cringing), but I understand being young and wanting to live for the moment. Very realistic characters. Great dialogue. I was interested in this from start to finish. Devoured ...more
Musings of A Romance Junkie
Let me start by saying that I overall enjoyed this story, but not without some personal reservations. I am one of those readers who can’t read anything objectively without my personal feelings getting involved. I’m just not, so with that in mind, here are my thoughts:

What I love most about this story is that it is culturally rich. This isn’t just a story about Teddy, a black woman, who’s an Afro Cubana, and not just for the sake of “exoticizing” her or trying to make her “different”, but the cul
Heather *live on coffee and flowers*
I thought this book sounded interesting, so I was excited when I was offered a copy for review. The cover really appeals to me, and the premise sort of reminded me of the one for this book.

The setup was fun: a fun-loving rich girl (complete with a secret, of course) hooks up with a guy who's different from the others. Because this is NA, a genre full of dark secrets and people not like other people. These characters weren't insufferable like many of their contemporaries, but they did participate
Richelle Robinson
Aug 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love reading G.L. Tomas's books because I can definitely relate to the characters. It's nice to see multi cultural main characters in a story. I love how they are average joes, taking the bus to work and living paycheck to paycheck. This is the third book I have read by this author and they keep getting better. Asher and Teddy. I loved this non couple and their vibe. Asher does like men but doesn't consider himself bisexual. I was expecting that to the thing that keeps them apart but I was wro ...more
TheFountainPenDiva
F*THS is not your typical NA romance novel, and that's a wonderful thing. As a rule, I'm not a fan of the genre, finding it way too problematic on so many levels. Lack of inclusion, slut shaming, normalizing abusive or stalkerish behavior is just the tip of the iceberg of why that genre holds little appeal. With that said, G.L. Tomas are one of the rare few authors in this genre that I eagerly read and highly recommend.

I love it when sacred cows are turned into Angus beef patties. I enjoyed how
Kenesha Williams
A romance book steeped in reality that will have you in grossed from page 1

I have to admit that I am not an avid romance reader because what some may like in "unrealistic" meet cutes, billionaire bachelors, and pregnancy romances, those tropes are huge aversions for me & my tastes. Which is probably why I loved this book so much. I felt as if I was watching a couple meet and have real-life issues while trying to build a relationship . There are many times when I wanted to shake the hair when
Flip
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as a ARC for an honest review and my goodness was it really good. But that cliffhanger was just wrong I was like oh heck no the didn't do that to me. But great job ladies I really enjoyed it.
Chasia Lloyd
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I don't even know how to begin this review, F*THS (Friends That Have Sex) was so remarkable. A piece of New Adult sorely needed to remind me of why I love NA.

F*THS revolves around our Afro-Cuban heroine, Teddy, who has been battling cancer and has to get chemotherapy again. The book is dual POV (our hero Asher being white and deliciously tattooed/pierced), but the story is Teddy's. Teddy who is trying to live as full of a life as she can because the cancer keeps coming back, Teddy who can't hand
leenahreads
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's honestly refreshing to read New Adult books that are just completely different. Nothing about this was predictable to me, or had any of the usual NA cliches. I kept wondering which direction this novel would go in, and with that cliffhanger at the end I'm still confused as to what will happen next. Anyways, I need y'all to know I LOVE TEDDY AND I'M ROOTING FOR HER SHE GOT THIS!!
Camille
3.8

Forgot this said that it ends on a cliffhanger. This is my second book by these authors and I see they quite like their triangles. I don't get sleeping with people and calling them friends but hey, to each their own.

I don't know (and don't want to know) people like this in real life but when I read Thomas' work I feel like I get to spy on the lives of people that would be too much for me in person. In short, this doesn't feel like writing. It feels like removing the fourth wall.

Everything f
Monique
I have a lot to write about this book, but I'll save it until I read the conclusion (book #2). I'll be back with a full review then.

6/5/17

I have updated my rating and read the concluding book in this duology. My full review can be found on the page for "Friends that Still..."

Rating for F*THS: 3.5
Edit~A
Mar 28, 2016 rated it did not like it
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free for an honest review. Thanks to NetGalley, Rebellious Valkyrie Press and G.L. Tomas.)

I was so bored while reading this. It was a huge disappointment to be honest. Like what the hell she was playing both of them. I mean just say no to one and move o. With the other one. Secondly, whole book was about drugs, and how good they make you feel, what is this going to teach youngsters? And the fact that she has cancer she could use as much drugs a
Keep Calm Novel On
Jul 06, 2016 rated it liked it
The Goodreads group Read It & Reap provided a copy of the ePub in exchange for an honest review.

F*THS by G. L. Tomas is a New Adult Romance and is Book One in a duology. The author continues to write stories that reflect society and diversity.

Teddy appears to have everything including but not limited to wealth, independence, strength of character to name a few. But as secrets are revealed via her point of view the reader discovers the reality of her life as she is battling cancer. Life beco
M. Hollis
I received an ARC from netgalley and I couldn't be more happy that this book got to my hands!

New Adult is still a genre that I'm learning how to deal with but this book was just what I want to read about. The lives of these characters felt very realistic and as I am in my 20's it is so nice to read about.. Well, real problems of people who are my age.

The relationship between Asher and Teddy was really well developed and I felt myself cheering for them to finally get together. Also, Teddy is such
Jamilla_
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ir-done-right
Teddy is gorgeous, in your face and always down for a session from the outside, she seems to be your average good time girl, but due to dealing with cancer from adolescence onwards, she's so much more complex beneath the surface.
Asher is a cool, really into weed and crazy about Teddy. He's got that pierced, tatted up swag but he's really a sweet guy.
Their love story (maybe I should say 'friendship') is quite a complicated one, but as I'm finding with G. L. Tomas novels, I just need to sit back
Rosie J.
Apr 01, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People Who Like to Read
3.5 Stars Interesting and different premise from the standard NA formula. I didn't understand the connection between Theodora (Teddy) and Reggie. Book 1 of 2.
Gianna
There were a lot of great things about this book, its honesty, the character growth, the love—and the sex, yet overall, I really liked that the characters were able to remind me of my self, my friends, and parts of college I forgot about.

With the fluidity perspective (which best emulates the social conducts today) on the complicated borders of intimacy and relationships, I found that I was able to enjoy the book and story even more.

Teddy’s character is a seductive, sassy, tough-as-nails, Afro-
Tracy *To the point Reviews*
Mar 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Davina
This is my first book with this author duo and F*THS is a fine introduction. I understand there are two parts to this story but at this time have only read this book.

Took me a while to get in to the rhythm of things and I do feel the romance skews toward a younger audience but I was entertained when reading it, for the most part. Teddy is an intriguing female protagonist but I feel like I need to read book two to get a better handle on her character whereas Asher's character I clicked with quic
Ty Moore-Denning
Mar 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
One I love interracial love matches....two.....I volunteer for many cancer organizations..... So the struggle was well defined, especially for younger characters......and the obvious love triangle just really made it real...believable and authentic...... Can't wait for part two.

Asher was extremely chill, caring, and hot. He struggles with his somewhat friendship and the guy code.

Teddy was a live every moment to the fullest chic. She knew that every moment of her life is precious due to her illne
Hristina
Copy received through NetGalley

The authors have done an amazing job with this book. The characters they have written are so incredible, so realistic, and the writing style itself is enjoyable and fresh. The plot is set in just the correct pace, which is another thing that made it impossible for me to put this book down. I loved it. I can't wait for the sequel., but in the meantime I'm definitely going to read everything else G.L. Thomas have written.
Sharon Mariampillai
I received a copy from Netgalley, in exchange for an honest review.

This was a good read. The storyline was funny, yet needed some work to enhance the story. The characters were good, and I enjoyed the way the Two main characters interacted with each other. However, I did not like that there was always drama surrounding their relationship. It made the story not as pure and authentic. Also, the ending could have been better. Overall, an okay read.
Kristen Holt
Jan 07, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
DNF.

I could not connect with the characters.

Maybe I'm getting old, but I couldn't understand the dialogue. Sure, you want to connect with your readers, and using some modern slang helps keep you relevant, but not if it comes at the expense of alienating the majority of readers.
Nicole Ortiz
Mar 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC for an honest review.
It was a good story. It's a short and quick read with a cliffhanger. I think the racial diversity was well done. The characters come to life and they deal with real life issues. Excellent read.
Maf (Bookworm Wanders)
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
LISTEN IM NOT CRYING OKAY YOU ATE CRYING IM FINE I SWEAR I DONT FEEL LIKE MY EMOTIONS WERE STABBED SEVERAL TIMES WITH A FORK
Teresa
Dec 31, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5

Perhaps a bit too streetwise and slang-prone to my liking, with all characters spending more time stoned than sober, but a good story anyway
Jo-Ann Forrest
Feb 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a copy for an honest review - It was a fun read with a major cliffhanger. The racial diversity subject was well done and it was a fun read. I can't wait to read the rest of this story.
Mel González
"I had nightmares with hideous aliens, had nights worse than that one, had been told countless times I didn't respond well to treatments, but none of them put fear in me quite like the sight of a little white room."

It’s about two friends with benefits who are trying to figure out their relationship and their lives and all its complications. Mostly I liked this book. I love G.L. Tomas’ writing and the chemistry between the two main characters was incredible. Also, Teddy was afro-cubana and I
Xan West
Really liked this! It broke a bad reading streak too. The cliffhanger...whoa so many feels. Will review when I can.

Trigger Warnings: (view spoiler)
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Sugar Love
  • Tattooed Hearts (Martha's Way, #3)
  • Leoti
  • Marine Ever After (Always a Marine, #14)
  • Forbidden Love with the Marine
  • Someone to Love
  • On the Edge of Love (Mama's Brood, #1)
  • Again
  • Flower in the Desert
  • Fit (Fit, #1)
  • And Baby Makes Three
  • Love Script
  • Bear's Gold (Erotic Shifter Fairy Tales, #1)
  • A Song for Carmine
  • Lila's Thunder (The Almeida Brothers Book 1)
  • Player's Ultimatum (Hands Off Series #1)
  • Windows (Italian Knights, #1)
  • Vegas, Baby
G.L. Tomas is a twin writing duo and lover of all things blerdy, fearless and fun. When they're not spending their time crafting swoon-worthy heroes, they're battling alien forces in other worlds but occasionally take days off in search mom and pop spots that make amazing pasteles and tostones fried to perfection.

They host salsa lessons and book boyfriend auditions in their secret headquarters loc
More about G.L. Tomas...

Friends That Have Sex (4 books)
  • Friends that Still...
  • How We Start
  • How We End

“The guy had a load of piercings, including an eye-grabbing one on his lower left lip. Not that I was looking, but if I were? I’d say it brought a lot of attention to his mouth.” 2 likes