Start by marking “Banesår (Henning Juul, #5)” as Want to Read:
Banesår (Henning Juul, #5)

Banesår

(Henning Juul #5)

Endelig får du svaret på spørsmålet: Hvem har tatt livet av Henning Juuls sønn? Henning Juul sitter i en båt ute på et mørkt tjern. En mann med skytevåpen sitter rett overfor ham. Ved mannens føtter ligger et lik som snart skal bli dumpet i vannet.Henning vet at han snart skal lide samme skjebne.Og han vet at det er hans egen feil. Banesår er den femte og siste frittståend ...more
382 pages
Published 2015 by gyldendal

To ask other readers questions about Banesår, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Banesår

Suzanne Leopold (Suzy Approved Book Reviews)
Henning Juul is grieving the death of his son from a fire in their apartment in Oslo. He believes that the fire was not an accident and sets out to investigate the circumstances. Henning is a crime reporter and believes that arson was used to scare him away from his current story. He sets out to find any connections between this fire and his current case.

While investigating the fire, he feels that his life along with his associates is in constant danger. This makes it hard to trust anyone includ
Renee (itsbooktalk)
A fitting ending for an awesome series! Full review coming soon
Kate~Bibliophile Book Club
Firstly, stunning cover and a bit of a foreshadowing one too.

Killed is the last (sob 😥) book in the Henning Juul series by Thomas Enger and it has wrapped it up so perfectly. One of the finest Scandinavian crime series out there at the moment, Killed had me from the outset.

I don’t want to say too much, because if you’re planning on reading it, I would highly recommend you read the previous books in order. Killed essentially tied up any and all loose ends that have been running through the books,
Cathy
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
Killed is the first book I’ve read by Thomas Enger and since it’s the finale of a five book series featuring investigative journalist, Henning Juul, I was rather nervous about how it would work as a standalone book.  However, I needn’t have worried as the author has been incredibly generous to readers who’ve had the temerity not to read the previous four books by providing a comprehensive dramatis personae and recaps on events in earlier books.  These are brief enough not to annoy readers of the ...more
Noelle
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Can someone tell me why it has taken me so long to read a book by this author? I mean, WTAF have I been doing? #MyBad – luckily I have the rest of the series, so I WILL be going back and catching up from the start. (I don’t have to read a series in order, in fact – I rarely do unless I come across the book as a debut!) #DontJudgeMe
The reader finds themselves in Oslo, Norway where you’ll stumble across regret, loss, the search for answers/the truth, blackmail, betrayal, secrets/lies, the past, c
Crime by the Book
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read my full review here: http://crimebythebook.com/blog/2018/2...

This is an emotional & compelling finale to Enger’s much-loved Henning Juul series. I really enjoyed this one - as always, Enger writes fantastic (and totally endearing) characters. One note: this one will definitely be best appreciated by those who have read the series!
Eva
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such conflicting times these are. On the one hand, being delighted to see the return of Henning Juul and on the other hand, knowing this is the end of the line. It’s sad to see this series come to an end but what a thrilling ride it’s been and I’m delighted to have been a part of this journey.

I accidentally jumped into this series with Cursed, which was book four. When the opportunity to join this blog tour came my way, I was determined to read the other three books first and I’m so glad I manag
Janel
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Killed is the fifth and final instalment in the Nordic Noir, Henning Juul series, and it’s a bitter sweet moment. Enger has delivered a cracking finale, yet I’m saddened to say goodbye to Henning. Having read this series (with the exception of book 3, which I plan to read), I have grown fonder of Henning as the series progressed and have seen the brilliant portrayal of his character’s development. Now, as this is the last book in the series, you’ll get maximum enjoyment from it if you have read ...more
Chandra Claypool (wherethereadergrows)
When I was given the opportunity to be on the Blog Tour for Killed, I was ECSTATIC! Not only have I been wanting to read Enger for quite some time, but we all know Orenda Books puts out some fantastically tantalizing reads so WIN WIN! **snoopy dance**

WHAT A RIDE. Enger pretty much puts you right into the action and never lets up. The prologue sucks you right in! I love it when those first few pages just draw your attention and then the rest of the book never lets it go. (Those people who say the
Monica
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars, 2017
Bye Bye Henning, It was a hell of a ride.
Thank you for the journey. I miss you already
Between The Pages Book Club (Gemma M)
I am bloody gutted! Killed is book number five in the Henning Juul series and is the final chapter for Henning, translated by Kari Dickson… Now, Imagine me reading this before all the others! Damn. But, in my defence I did go and buy all the previous four so I can catch up and enjoy this brilliant series and it did read well as a standalone. Phew. Confession over…

WHAT A BLOODY BRILLIANT BOOK! Wow. Amazing. Gripping. Thrilling. Cleverly written. Blew me away. That prologue will have you hooked. T
Laura Rash
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Without giving spoilers, it was so surreal to finally have an ending for Henning’s story. A dark, serious story that leaves no doubt Enger is a master with words.
Thanks to Orenda for this copy:)
Raven
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So we’ve been  Burned, Pierced ,  Scarred and Cursed so now prepare to be Killed by the last instalment in Thomas Enger’s superlative Henning Juul series. A reading experience of mixed pleasures it has to be said, with the excitement of a new book by Enger, but equally a tinge of sadness that this appears to be where we and Henning Juul go our separate ways…
Not afraid to repeat myself, as I have reviewed every book to date, I would once again draw your attention to Enger’s consistently polished
Jo
Jan 09, 2018 added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Well, I'll start by saying that I am extremely late to the Henning Juul party as I have not read the previous four books. So, I read this book as a standalone, and wow, what a book. I now need to find time to go back and read the previous four books, as I love Henning and I love this writer. I really have found my new Nordic noir fix. This book worked very well as a stand alone, but I do feel that you would probably gain even more enjoyment from the book if you have read the series.

The beginning
Abby Slater- Fairbrother
This novel has a deeply layered plot. The central theme is a criminal enterprise with a long reach across Norway! A drug empire, nonchalant in its criminal endeavours and relentless killings. It really had the feel of a Norwegian Narcos and would make an AMAZING TV series!!!!!

I loved the way the plot is told from a variety of perspectives. This helped in keeping track of all the characters and key players in the gang. Henning Juul is a great protagonist. A broken man in profound emotional and ps
Paul
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-thrillers
Killed – Gripping Nordic Thriller

Thomas Enger has written the final Henning Juul thriller and once again you will be gripped by this taut and compelling thriller. Killed is an emotional thriller filled with dark secrets, with a gripping narrative that is tense from beginning to end.

Crime reporter Henning Juul thought that his life was over when his son was murdered as a threat to him. As he tries to find the person responsible for the killing of his son, by doing so, he puts his life in danger a
Donna Maguire

I really loved this book, it is dark, gritty, gripping and had me hooked!!

As you read the book you feel as though you are the centre of attention with them, it is fast paced and the plot is so well written it makes it very hard to put the book down. As soon as I started it and read the first few chapters I knew I was in for a real treat.

You go through an awful lot of different emotions reading this book, the suspense used is brilliant and it makes the plo
Ken Fredette
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thomas Enger took you on a joy ride with this book. Henning Juul was devastated and looking for his son's killer. While his best friend Iver was having a baby with Hennings Ex-wife, Nora. Many people were killed during the story and you have people who have an important part killed. Henning's suspicions go from Ann-Mari Sara, who's Sami decent, to Bjarne Brogland, who's Henning's friend and a policeman. I won't say who's been killed but you'll find out if you read this book.

The ending is a real
Darlene
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This whole series deserves a rating of 10, it’s absolutely tremendous. Unfortunately it is only a five book series, and sadly I am done. It has been my pleasure to meet and get to know Juul Henning as he solved cases and never ended the search for those behind the death of his son, Jonas.
I will miss reading about Juul and his harrowing adventures, but trust me Juul is one character I will never forget.
Kudos to you, Mr Enger, for an exceptional series.
Clair
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Firstly, how fab is that cover – the orange set against the grey and black is just wonderful, it is extremely striking and would most definitely capture my interest if I was perusing the book shelves!

Killed is the fifth and final book in the hugely successful Henning Juul series so it was with a heavy heart that I started this book knowing that it was the end – the haunting and disturbing prologue did not help with the trepidation, talk about throwing the reader into the deep end (literally!).
Tripfiction
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dark Norwegian thriller

Killed is the fifth and final book in Thomas Enger’s Henning Juul series – Scandinavian Noir at its best. Each book in the series is standalone (I have only read the last two – Killed and Cursed…) but there is a common theme running through all five.

Henning Juul and Nora Klemetsen (both journalists) used to be married. Nora now lives with Ivor Gundersen, and is about to have his baby. Ivor is also an journalist and a close friend of Henning’s. They collaborate on many an i
Joanna Park
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blog-tours
review to come as part of blog tour!
Nicole
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such a satisfying conclusion to this series in my opinion. Thanks for sharing this great series with me, dear Lone!
Lone Matz
Oct 04, 2017 rated it liked it
A nice and exciting read which finally gives us some answers. A good end to this series.
Meggy
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I hate goodbyes... But some are more memorable than others...

Thank you to my darling Karen and the wonderful Anne for having me as part of the blog tour for Killed. This post is unbiased and I take responsibility for any fangirlism.

You might think the title of this book gives no room for surprises. You are in for dead bodies. Let me laugh at you.
Thomas Enger Killed me. Literally.

There are a million words, lives, and thoughts behind the title, and such an intricate and magnificent plot you can o

Thelastwordreview
They say all good things have to come to an end at some point but this is one end I never wanted to come. So it is that we have reached the finale of one of the great crime series. The last in the Henning Juul series. But what a finale. Superbly crafted and delivered. Killed by Thomas Enger delivers a final punch that is a must read for all lovers of Nordic crime Noir.

I did say this was a book worthy of reading. Be prepared as your senses and your emotions will be tried and tested. For Henning
Stephanie
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
With thanks to the publisher for the copy received.
Killed is the final book in the series that features Henning Juul and is the second that I have read. The story follows immediately after the previous book Cursed , if you haven’t read any of the series I would recommend that you at least read that one. Juul is intent on getting answers related to his latest discovery into the circumstances regarding his son’s death. From the prologue you know that he got his answers and more with tragic consequ
Diane Hogg
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh Dear! Oh Dear! What have I done, I’ve been such a terrible reader. Where has Thomas Enger been all my life, now most people would read a series of books from the beginning, but Oh No not me, not this time, I read the last one first, but I now have rectified the error of my ways and acquired the rest in the series.

Killed is the final instalment in The Henning Juul series, I would seriously recommend reading the full series to obtain the full effect of Thomas Enger’s gritty, tension filled writ
Emma
When I discovered that this was not only book five in a series, but also the conclusion of the series, I was immediately worried about reading it having not read any of the previous books. But once I started reading I realised that this could easily be read as a stand-alone novel. I will read the other books because I enjoyed this one so much. But I can happily advise any other readers that you don’t have to read the others to enjoy ‘Killed’.

Right from the first page I was gripped. The prologue
Christen Moore
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading Burned, book one of the Henning Juul Series, Henning Juul immediately became one of my favorite protagonists of all time. With many scars, both physical and emotional, Henning embarks on a journey to find the person responsible for the death of his son, Jonas. Henning pursues all angles and leads no matter the consequences. Henning discovers many suspects and motives, his life being on the line more than once. In the final installment of this series, Killed we come to the conclusio ...more

• I skydd av skuggorna (Irene Huss #10)
  • Il corpo di ghiaccio
  • Mamma, pappa, barn (Hammarbyserien, #2)
  • Skyggedød
  • Hostage (Fredrika Bergman and Alex Recht, #4)
  • Øjesten (Lars Winkler #1)
  • Fan Mail
  • Helvetesilden (Konrad Sejer, #12)
  • I tystnaden begravd
  • The Wrong Girl (Pieter Vos #2)
  • Amnesia: An 'ingenious' and 'twisting novel', perfect for fans of Peter Lovesey and William Ryan
  • I stället för dig
  • You're Mine Now
  • Pigerne fra Englandsbåden (Nora Sand #1)
  • The Killing Bay (Faroes #2)
Thomas Enger was born in Oslo in 1973, but grew up in Jessheim. He has an education in journalism, and has also studied sports and history. He worked at the Norwegian online newspaper Nettavisen for nine years.

He has composed music and written books since the age of 18. He is also working on a musical.

Enger's first book, Skinndød, was published in 2010. It is the first book in a series of at least

Henning Juul (5 books)
  • Burned (Henning Juul #1)
  • Pierced (Henning Juul, #2)
  • Blodtåke (Henning Juul #3)
  • Våpenskjold (Henning Juul, #4)