Start by marking “A Time to Rise (Out of Time, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Time to Rise (Out of Time, #3)

A Time to Rise

(Out of Time #3)

What more can you sacrifice than your life?

Parvin Blackwater is dead.

At least…that’s what the Council—and the world—thinks. But her sacrifice tore down part of the Wall long enough to stir up hope and rebellion in the people. Now she will rise again. Strong, free, and fearless.

Published October 14th 2016 by Enclave Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Time to Rise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Time to Rise

Start your review of A Time to Rise (Out of Time, #3)
Shantelle
Rating: 4.5 stars

A Time to Rise, the final installment to the OUT OF TIME series by Nadine Brandes. And a beautiful conclusion it is! It was so awesome to be back, journeying and growing and finding shalom with Parvin and Solomon. And simply reading this author's lovely writing style! I can't believe this amazing dystopian series is over! *tears* Fellow readers, you don't want to miss A Time to Rise and the two proceeding novels. They are thrilling, soul-stirring, and just incredible!

Parvin Blac
Katie Grace
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. Love the characters. Love the themes. Love the beautifully written words. So much love for this book and I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE WORLD READS IT! :D

*review will come eventually when I get the words to summarize such an amazing book like this one*
Merie Shen
Mar 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I couldn't have asked for a better ending to this series. 😍 GUMBO THOUGH
Ashley Bogner
It isn't often I find a book series that impacts me emotionally. The Out of Time series is one of those series. Wow. This is one of the deeper dystopian series I've read in a long time. I thoroughly enjoyed reading them and I'm sad the journey is over. I read A Time to Rise in one day, unable to put it down.

First of all, the things about this book that are amazing:

1) THE END LINE IS PERFECT. I loved it.

2) The character relationships are really well done. Parvin and Solomon. Parvin and Willo
Nadine Brandes
Aug 12, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Phew! I'm ready to not read this thing again for a loooooong time. And by long time, I mean for at least a month. ;-)
Olivia
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book comes out October 14th 2016 (The same day Priceless the movie comes out guys) *takes deep breath* here we go.

The Plot:
The over all feel of this book gave off a Mockingjay/WWII feel and it was WONDERFUL. I loved the traveling aspect of the plot and getting to meet new characters from different cultures. It never was boring either, there was constantly something going on and mini cliff hangers that got you saying 'Maybe just one more chapter?'

My Children:
I miss them so much and I can't
Alea Harper
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The moment I received the email with the ARC in it, I screamed. I actually screamed and ran around my house telling my mom and sister all about it. And then I started reading it...and well, you know, couldn't stop.

Once again, Nadine Brandes starts out with an epic first line. The story picks up just a couple of hours after the cliffhanger end of A Time to Speak and doesn't stop until the very end.

Parvin comes back better than ever. She has grown so much since she counted down what she thought wa
Hannah Rodriguez
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites-2016
Clare Farrelly
The wait is finally over, for those who like me got ARCs of this book anyway. Obviously this is my honest review of this amazing book. Let me tell you the book was worth the wait, I was expecting this to be as amazing as the other two and it certainly lived up to my expectations. There were many elements of faith in the other books but even more in this one, and by this book in the series I had grown to expect that so it was lovely. It is really refreshing to read a book that is saturated in bib ...more
Jenna
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
2020 UPDATE: I feel like I learn more each time I read this series. Yes, fiction can be like that. Following Parvin’s spiritual journey has taught me things. Still a super satisfying ending to this awesome trilogy!❤️

OH. MY. WORD.
Seriously, what can I say? The ending to this epic trilogy was so beautiful. Even though I'm sad this journey with Parvin is over, I adore this series. I adore her, her realness, her faith, her desire for shalom for everyone. Parvin, you rock. ;)
What a great example of h
Tricia Mingerink
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A more coherent review will be coming once I stop fangirling and can catch up on all the sleep I missed reading this book. Random note, but anyone know where I can get one of Sherrod's suits to keep me awake all day? Anyone?

Anyway, to sum up: IT WAS AMAZING! Literally dedicated all yesterday after work and into the night to read it because once I started I COULDN'T STOP. It was gorgeous. Painful. Heart-wrenching. Sigh-worthy. *excuse me while I go fangirl again*

*Updated with more coherent revie
Galaxy Adventurer
What the book is about:

What more can you sacrifice than your life?
Parvin Blackwater is dead.
Parvin and Solomon must uncover the mysterious clues that Jude left behind in order to destroy the projected Wall once and for all. Meanwhile, the Council schemes to new levels of technology in its a
Rachael Steele
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH GUYS READ THIS BOOK NOW RIGHT NOW! AHHH! Ok, I'll try and piece my thoughts together.

Plot- The plot is so inspirational! Live your life to the fullest? I know there've been books about this, but seriously, this has been the best one I've read. The cliff hangers! Everywhere I turned there was a new surprise or cliff hanger, and I was on the edge of my seat the whole time! It was enthralling!
Characters- I LOVE OR HATE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE CHARRIES
Parvin: My sweet angel
Hope Ann
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Nadine Brandes didn't disappoint in this exciting conclusion to her Out of Time series. Perhaps now her poor characters will be able to have a well deserved rest. *pulls them all close*

Like the first two books, I loved the interweaving of Christian truths and personal struggles with an exciting story line. These books don't only entertain, they make one think. And Parvin's struggles are so real and human that I relate to her closely despite our differences.

Filled with surprises and twists, A Ti
Addy S.
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!!

There is redemption up until the last millisecond

This trilogy has been so fun to read! I am so sad that this was the last book, but I can't wait to read more stories by Nadine. Parvin's story about how God used her for His glory has been incredible. Solomon is such a sweet character. ALL of the characters were so well thought out and I felt like I got to know each one of them really well!

Enough of my ramblings. Here is the rundown:

-Language: as with the last two books, CLEAN! I really,
Eva
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-books
Just...wow. What a journey.
Elaina
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
~4.75 stars~
Mandy Fender
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Schuyler
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I think what I love most about the Out of Time series is that it is a twisting kaleidoscope of hard and fun. Characters suffer and hurt and learn and grieve and lose and sin. But at the same time, they conquer, love, laugh, experience relief and friendship and survival and God. It is visionary YA literature: thinking stuff that still helps you relax in the evenings. I appreciated as a young adult who's no longer a teenager that Parvin and Solomon acted mature, even though they were young--and I ...more
Victoria Howell
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Parvin grows even further in this book. Her arc is quite stunning. I love how brave and faithful she is despite all odds. It's a level of faith that many people never attain." Full review here! http://storitorigrace.blogspot.com/20... ...more
Tracey Dyck
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was terrified for everyone during the majority of this book, but I’m pleased to say that after shattering my heart in all three books of this trilogy, Nadine Brandes did in fact manage to put it back together again!

The hope and contentment at the end is something most dystopian stories don’t have. It took pages of pain and stumbling to reach it. But we made it. Parvin made it, and I’m so proud of her.

My only complaint is that there were a couple spots I felt antsy and removed from the action,
Lydia Redwine
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorite-covers
4.5 stars!

*sighs happily* THAT was a solid ending to a beloved trilogy. Okay about 4.5 out of 5 in solidness because I did have some ish. But there is quite a lot of (happy) internal screaming too.
Let me preface this by saying that 9 out of 10 conclusions (especially to trilogies) have not entirely satisfied me so I wasn't expecting this one to be any more spectacular. (Though it was better than most.) In fact, I've only read ONE trilogy where I liked the third book better than the first two. I
Sierra Faith
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A Time to Rise by Nadine Brandes
Age Range:13+
Genre: Christian, Dystopian.
Favorite Quote(s): “Me. I can’t be shaken because I’m God’s. I like the idea of Him shaking the world to see what’s left standing, and all that remains is shalom.”
“Maybe that's what God means every time He tells us to rise up. To rise above the small things, the small struggles that chip away our identity and leave us lost.”
“God. His voice. HIs presence in my mind reminds me why I’m here. I’m alive and fully HIs. I’m f
Emily
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Capping off a series is tough stuff and Nadine Brandes pulled it off magnificently! Review to come soon!
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Soooo....I went into this book not knowing it was a Christian book and normally I can read this genre if the author doesn't shove scripture into the story on every page....

Well....this author did but....IT WORKED!! IT REALLY WORKED!! It didn't take away from the story at all and, in fact, it actually enhanced the story to the point where I couldn't put this book and series down...I couldn't wait to get to the next book to find out what would happen next!

This series should definitely be made into
J.C.
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
THIS IS IT. The last book. NOOO!!!!!

HOW DID THE AUTHOR DO IT?!!! My mind is blown.

So many plotlines—I had no clue how they would all come together…but they did, and spectacularly, at that.

PARVIN IS AMAZING. I love her so much. She’s like a role model, and quite honestly, one of the best characters I’ve ever read. She seriously needs to be in real life. Being fictional is only a small setback, right? She can overcome that, right? With enough of our support? I want to meet her!!
In all seriousnes
Alyssa
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Woooow! What an awesome finale to this series! I'm pretty sure I have never read a better distopian series! This book is true to the characters, true to the theme, true to the faith that is shared in the adventure! I can't figure out how characters that were killed off in the first book still manage to have a lasting presence in the rest of the series! Well done, Nadine! Shalom!
Jeneca
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
okay. okay. now that I've stopped sobbing and composed myself...
wow. these books an genuinely touched my life. I plan on reviewing this in a few days, by for now I just want to say thank you God for this book series. for Nadine Brandes.
thank you thank you thank you. ♡x 1,000,000,000
Hailey Rose
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pardon me for a few days while I recover from this trauma...

Wowza, this was amazing! The perfect ending to an amazing trilogy.
Megan Lane
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Okay, well, I finished. Quickly. Wow.
Weird thing: I didn't cry once in this series. I expected myself to, especially in this last one. But, idk why I didn't. I was too set on finding out what happened next and seeing who got a happy ending. Lol
Also, spoilers ahead, probably. It's hard not to spoil this book. So many things happen in this series, wow.
Okay, so. I really liked it. A lot. I liked this one the least out of the three, probably. But considering I read the entire 400 page book in three
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Flight of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #2)
  • Mark of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #1)
  • Cry of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #3)
  • The Story Peddler (The Weaver Trilogy, #1)
  • The Girl Who Could See
  • The Story Raider (The Weaver Trilogy, #2)
  • North! or Be Eaten (The Wingfeather Saga, #2)
  • On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness (The Wingfeather Saga, #1)
  • Deny (The Blades of Acktar #2)
  • Anomaly (Anomaly, #1)
  • The Lost Girl of Astor Street
  • Tainted (Soul Chronicles, #1)
  • Dare (The Blades of Acktar, #1)
  • Unblemished (Unblemished #1)
  • The Monster in the Hollows (The Wingfeather Saga, #3)
  • The Fairy's Return (The Princess Tales, #6)
  • For Biddle's Sake (The Princess Tales, #5)
  • Princess Sonora and the Long Sleep (The Princess Tales, #3)
NADINE BRANDES once spent four days as a sea cook in the name of book research. She is the author of FAWKES, ROMANOV, and the award-winning Out of Time Series. Her inner fangirl perks up at the mention of soul-talk, Quidditch, bookstagram, and Oreos. When she's not busy writing novels about bold living, she's adventuring through Middle Earth or taste-testing a new chai. Nadine, her Auror husband, ...more

Out of Time (3 books)
  • A Time to Die (Out of Time, #1)
  • A Time to Speak (Out of Time, #2)