Start by marking “Harde liefde (Hacker, #1)” as Want to Read:
Harde liefde (Hacker, #1)

Harde liefde

(Hacker #1)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  34,431 ratings  ·  2,391 reviews
Blake Landon. Sexy, woest aantrekkelijk, onbereikbaar: hij is de ultieme fantasie van elke vrouw. Blake is miljardair, befaamd hacker en krijgt altijd alles wat hij wil. Wanneer Erica Hathaway hem tegenkomt, krijgt ze hem niet meer uit haar hoofd. Maar de timing is verre van perfect.

Erica is hard op weg naar een succesvolle carrière. Met een ijzersterk business plan op za
Published October 10th 2015 by Xander uitgevers (first published September 2nd 2013)

·  34,431 ratings  ·  2,391 reviews

Start your review of Harde liefde (Hacker, #1)
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

★★★★★! Hardwired, book 1 of 5!

Books in Hacker series should be read in order:
Book 1: Hardwired
Book 2: Hardpressed
Book 3: Hardline
Book 4: Hard Limit
Book 5: Hard Love

I read the Hacker series book 1-5 while sick. What a treat. I wish I had time to write reviews.

Harvard graduate Erica Hathaway gets the opportunity to pitch investors for more funding for her internet start-up. Former hacker and billionaire technology investor Blake Landon sits on the board…

Five full-length novels read in no time, I g
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie
2.5 meh stars

I feel I should mention that this book will set you back $8.99 which is ridiculous because it's a debut novel.

This story was all over the place although it did have a few good moments. Unfortunately the execution was lacking. The heroine came across as bipolar, her mood swings gave me whiplash, the hero was supposed to be controlling and possessive, unfortunately this was not the case. He was constantly walking around on egg shells because of the heroines fragile sanity!

There wasn't
DKristin
WHAT??? If you haven't read this yet you better jump on this!!!

Purchase links can be found at:Hardwired http://bit.ly/18BTh6X

I came across this one on facebook and read a few of the excerpts which peaked my interest greatly. It has a very familiar premise: Hot billionaire somewhat dominant guy, equally (yet unassumingly so) hot younger woman with a difficult and traumatic past.

WARNING!!!!!!!!
If you are not a fan of some of the recent series with these kinds of characters this may not be th
Caterina Ayala
Dec 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mild-romance
I enjoyed reading the book. Many say it has similiarites with Fifty Shades of Grey, I disagree. Erica,the main character is not afraid to voice her opinion even when she is around Blake. I didn't feel she was submissive at all. Erica is very determined and stubborn especially around her baby-her business ventures. I thought the plot went very fast, I would've wanted to see more tension amongst the characters, but I guess all will be developed in part two of the series. Reading Hardwired reminded ...more
Heather
Amazon, how could you do this to me. Your recommendations have always been so good. I trusted you to give me good smut with a back story worth reading and this is what I got?

Our main characters, Erica and Blake stumble upon each other when Erica trips over her shoe while exiting a restaurant. She falls right into the arms of the enigmatic and handsome, dominating billionaire....Blake. (You thought I was going to say Christian didn't you?)

Erica is our recent college grad who is starting up an onl
Elizabeth Hayley
Let us begin by saying: we basically devoured Hardwired. There’s something about a tough-as-nails, though slightly damaged, female that we just can’t resist. Pair that with a smoking hot billionaire, and we’re hooked. Blake’s possessiveness and mystery only add to his sex appeal.

This novel moves at a good pace, keeping the reader involved and present in the story. It is incredibly well-written and the relationship between the characters unfolds in a natural way. Erica is right to guard her emot
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐️⭐️ 1.5 STARS ⭐️⭐️

This is me the entire time... sigh.

I kept searching any controlling streak in the male lead... I must have missed it?

And I was really concerned by the heroine personality... Schizo? Mood swings?

All in all, the blurb sounded appealing to me, but it fell short really quickly, I never connected with any of the characters, and the lack of environment description didn't help me getting into it. Side characters and plots were truly unnecessary.
I expected to be entertained, but this
Jacqueline's Reads
Mar 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-star-books, arc
4 (Pursue your dreams and you may snag a billionaire) Stars

Hardwired is the first book in the very popular Hacker series. Hardwired is told from the Ercia’s POV.

Erica is a single girl trying to launch her on-line fashion website. < ---- completely me. Fun fact, I have a fashion blog. But I digress. She just graduated from Harvard and now she wants to focus and expand her site, but she needs investors. She snags a meeting with potential investors and pitches the idea.

Blake happens to be one of th
Wendy Darling
Honestly, the thing I'm gonna remember most is that she shares a plate of calamari with two different friends on two different occasions. The hacker part was, surprisingly, the most convincing and interesting part; the fashion app isn't even used, the sex is repetitive and subpar (I really hate having to reread to figure out she just did the move I thought she did), and the billionaire boyfriend is a controlling cliche.

Throw in the damaged past, a shit ton of grabby guys, and family coincidence
Zakirrah BookBlogger
4 HOT, MYSTERIOUS, HACKING STARS!!

Okay so when I saw this cover I was like ooh this looks like a dark or BDSM book, the cover is pretty mysterious and doesn't give much away.Anyways its none of those but it is very good. I need more especially with the way things were left at the end ooh can't wait for book 2.
If you are not into the whole rich alpha male characters and similar storylines to 50shades and so on I guess this really isnt the book for you!Every character is different and so I don't t
Jen
I have been hearing about this Hacker series for quite some time now, and have seen it compared to Fifty Shades.. I thought, why not give it a try? First of all, I don't think it needs to be compared to the other trilogy, as I did think that majority of it stood alone within its own story. Yes, there is a millionaire, but Blake is different then Christian. Not only does he have his own business's; but he has quite the past which includes rumors of him being a hacker at one time. He even almost w ...more
Literati Literature Lovers
4.5 Stars

Hardwired by Meredith Wild is a love a story and so much more. The book is told in first person by Erica Hathaway; she is a fresh graduate from Harvard University, entrepreneur of her own Internet start-up fashion site–the company that she has poured her life into imagining and creating out of nothing. The company is her passion. She is alone in the world except for her mom’s best friend Maria and her two business partners, Allie and Sid.

Enter Blake Landon; he literally bumps into Erica
ღTierraღ
I devoured this book like it was candy. Blake is a hottie who is also a smartie, and that had me INSTANTLY hooked on his character. I see a lot of myself in Erica and I enjoy that she doesn't just give into Blake because he has charisma but because he puts effort into claiming her as his.
Cindy
I was given a copy of Hardwired for an honest review.

OMG.... This book was freaking AWESOME. I fell in love with the story concept and the characters. Awesome work Meredith Wild. You really know how to write a story and keep your readers interested. I gave Hardwired 5 fantabulous shining stars.

Erica Hathaway is a recent Harvard graduate. She is also one of the co-founders of Clozpin, an online social/fashion site. Erica founded it along with her best friend Allie and the programmer Sid. Now that
Linda Caselle
Jan 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awsome book! Love Meredith's writing style. From the first chapter you get captivated by Erica and Blake's story. I didn't want the book to end. So happy that there will be many more books in this series to follow. Looking forward to rrading anything Meredith writes. This book is a must read!
Ramona Popescu
I've heard so many things about Meredith Wild and the "Hacker" series that it was a must for me to read it a.s.a.p. Being an international best seller author means so much professionally that you know the book is going to rock your world. Buuuuuut.. it did and it didn't.. mixed feelings about it.. I've only read the first book and maybe better things are to come for this one.

So, "Hardwired" is the first book from the series and tells us the story of Erica and Blake, two very different people tha
Megan  ~The Never Ending Book Basket
The Hacker Series has got to be one of my new favorite series!

Hardwired was very, very good. I could not put it down, and I was completely engrossed in it from page 1. This book presents a set of characters that each bring along their own set of "complications". Hardwired follows Erica Hathaway as she enters a new phase in her life pursuing her startup website right after graduating college. Then, through an intriguing turn of events she meets Blake Landon, a wealthy technologically savvy man wh
Lynne
Mar 27, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have no idea how this book and book two so far (I'm half way through), have rated so high. I'd rate it a 2.5 if I could. No way is it a five star and I'm annoyed that people are comparing it to 50 Shades...not even close. It's all in the writing, or lack there of. Little to no character descriptions/development. I still do not have a good picture of what Erica & Blake even look like, besides him being gorgeous???? His dominance, but reluctant to use it on her, is just not dominant, it portrays ...more
The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
Review-Jo

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheHopelessR...
TSU: http://www.tsu.co/HopelessRomantics
Blog: http://thehopelessromanticsbookblog.b...

I wanted to read this one after a friend told me that she could not put it down .. and how right she was. This book pulled me in immediately and I could not stop reading. The only time I stepped away from my kindle was when my eyes refused to stay open any longer, well it was one o'clock in the morning! Lol.
Jesus, techies weren't supposed to b
Talltree
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fav-contemp
Sweet, hot n smart romance between a h who is building her own startup biz and a venture capitalist. Love both the h and H though wish the h wasn't so stubborn in the last quarter of book. The H says ILY first which I liked.There is a HFN so this works as a standalone still there is stuff happening business wise that continues in bk 2 so moving onto that.

Safety: (view spoiler)
Lexi Buchanan
Sep 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Erica is determined to keep hotshot billionaire Blake Landon at arms length because you don't mix business with pleasure and she's determined to get the backing for her business without making it more complicated, but Blake has other ideas and won't leave her alone.

The story was evenly paced and hot hot hot.

This book did remind me of fifty shades, but I couldn't put it down and where it finished was just wow. It wasn't really a cliffhanger and for me who NEVER reads cliffhanger books, it was ac
Reanell Tisdale
Sep 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read anywhere from 10-15 books a month, and I just love when I come across a book that inspires me to make quote pics! I made 2 for this one. Blake Landon and Erica Hathaway's story is one everyone needs to read. The sex is beyond hot, the romance is panty melting, and the characters are likable. I give 4.5 stars to Hardwired.

Blake and Erica first meet as Erica is leaving a restaurant that Blake is entering, and they collide(literally). They meet a second time when Erica meets with potential i
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
First off I have to say that I did truly love this book and I need the second one like ASAP! See I have this thing for effed up characters that find each other and fight hard to stay away from each other even though they know they are going to end up with each other. To me I have to laugh because the chemistry is so off the hook that it comes off of the pages in droves. Lord Meredith Wild you have out done yourself with this one and I can't wait to see what happens in the second book.

With that b
Bec Booton (Bec's Books)
This book brought out my inner geek! I’m a child of the 90′s internet generation so to read a romance with a billionaire hacker was a refreshing change! The female lead also was CEO to an internet fashion social media startup! This is my kind of book and I loved it! It is one of those angsty possessive billionaire romances and I couldn’t get enough of it!

What drew me to read this book was the fact that both main characters were strong, smart & independent!

I read this book very quickly because I
-C-
May 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Story of billionaire and rumored hacker Blake Landon and Erica Hathaway who just graduated from the school and begins her own business.
“Baby, this is who I am. I'm hardwired this way. And if I'm trying to take control over the situation, please understand that I have very solid reasoning for it.”

This was an enjoyable book with characters. It has so many twists and turns. Every page was a new thrill.
“You lose yourself, Erica, because with the right person, who you become together is some
Lisa Spurlock
Dec 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a great book I loved it
The Girl Murdered by Her TBR
Dnf’ed at 18%

Noooope... Just nope.
Amanda Ball
Jan 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading books about Christian Grey, Gideon Cross, and Professor Emerson I wasn't looking for another Book Boyfriend. They knew how to keep me happy. So I thought! That was until I read Hardwired by Meredith Wild. Blake Landon makes all my other book boyfriends look mediocre. Don't get me wrong, they are still hot. They just have nothing on Blake! A man who is tender, loving, and smoking hot! He lit my fire from first mention of him! The way he pursues Erica and the love he has for her. The ...more
Aestas Book Blog
I'm adding this to my "dominant billionaire" TBR ;)

Determined to overcome a difficult past, Erica Hathaway learns early on to make it on her own. Days after her college graduation, she finds herself face to face with a panel of investors who will make or break her fledgling startup. The only thing she didn’t prepare for was going weak in the knees over an arrogant and gorgeous investor who seems determined to derail her presentation.

Billionaire and rumored hacker Blake Landon has already made
Cristina
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book, but all those secrets killed me. And it seemed a little bit too rushed. I felt the need to know more details about the chracters, but instead, all I received, was a run through the action. One moment they see each other, the other moment they are fighting. Not once, not twice, but a lot of times. Anyway, I liked the mystery. And I found out some secrets in the end, but not enough of them. Especially since the book ended in a cliffhanger! 🙄
Any series similar to this? 10 39 Oct 07, 2018 04:41AM
do you need a hacker? 1 11 Nov 06, 2016 01:43PM
Goodreads Librari...: please add cover art 2 14 Aug 05, 2016 08:35PM
Goodreads Librari...: Hardwired / Meredith Wild / missing ebook edition 2 10 Aug 02, 2016 12:18PM
The Happy Housewi...: Hardwired (Hacker, #1) 1 5 Jul 08, 2015 11:23AM
Turning Pages At ...: Hardwired (Hacker #1) by Meredith Wild 17 26 Jun 03, 2015 12:00PM

• Take Me (Stark Trilogy, #3.1)
  • Promised (One Night, #1)
  • Fixed on You (Fixed, #1)
  • This Man (This Man, #1)
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Claim Me (Stark Trilogy, #2)
  • Denied (One Night, #2)
  • Found in You (Fixed, #2)
  • Beneath This Man (This Man, #2)
  • One with You (Crossfire, #5)
  • Captivated by You (Crossfire, #4)
  • Complete Me (Stark Trilogy, #3)
  • Naked (The Blackstone Affair, #1)
  • Forever with You (Fixed, #3)
  • Entwined with You (Crossfire, #3)
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
  • Rush (Breathless, #1)
  • This Man Confessed (This Man, #3)
Meredith Wild is a #1 New York Times, USA Today, and international bestselling author. After publishing her debut novel Hardwired in September 2013, Wild used her ten years of experience as a tech entrepreneur to push the boundaries of her “self-published” status, becoming stocked in brick-and-mortar bookstore chains nationwide and forging relationships with the major retailers.

In 2014, Wild found

Hacker (5 books)
  • Hardpressed (Hacker, #2)
  • Hardline (Hacker, #3)