Start by marking “A Keeper's Truth” as Want to Read:
A Keeper's Truth

A Keeper's Truth

4.56  ·  Rating details ·  32 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
EVERY ONE OF US HAS A SOUL.

SOME ARE NEW, SOME OLD, AND A FEW, THE DANGEROUS, ARE LOST.

BUT ONLY TWELVE KNOW WHY WE HAVE A SOUL AT ALL.

ONLY TWELVE REMEMBER MANKIND’S FORBIDDEN PAST.

Tess thinks she’s going crazy when only she sees the naked man in the crowded café, comatose woman in his arms. The nightmares, the visions: something’s not right. But Tess is entitled to moment
Published March 1st 2016 by Driven Press

To ask other readers questions about A Keeper's Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Keeper's Truth

Book Haunt
Tess is 26 years old. She is strong, she is level-headed and she’s really taken her life in a positive direction from where she started out. Then she tragically loses her husband in a car accident. She struggles daily to overcome her grief and be a good mother to their 5 year old daughter. She is plagued by nightmares every night and strange visions during the day. The visions are so peculiar that she’s afraid if she tells anyone about them, they will think she’s insane like her mother.

Tess tri
Lolly K Dandeneau
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Though I found the instant meeting of the souls with Bryce more romance than something I usually find appealing, this was a strange paranormal story. I think the mythology of it will pull people in that aren't always easily sold on the romance aspect. This is more than romance though because it starts with loss, a widow trying to raise her daughter and move past grief but with a side dish of fear in mental illness. I don't want to give anything away, this is the first in a series and darn it, us ...more
Melodie Campbell
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Glittering prose and a compelling story
This is something a little different: paranormal romance with a literary edge. The writing is beautiful. The protagonist is a strong, intelligent and caring woman you would want as a friend. But the best part for me was the fascinating research into ancient mythology that propels the storyline. You’ll leave this book wanting to read more from this author.
Jennifer Foxcroft
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic read!!!!

I was very fortunate to get my hands on an advanced copy of this amazing novel. I'm a huge fan of all things paranormal, but what I loved the most about A Keeper's Truth is that it didn't feel like a paranormal read. I thought several times in the first part of the story that I was reading literature. It's so well written and so real. The characters are real. They could be your neighbors, and that was what I loved about it.

This is a great story. It's well paced and keeps
United Indie Book Blog
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a moving book, from the first page to the last. A Keeper’s Truth is the story of Tess Morgan, her life has seen more than its share of pain and misery, from her neglected childhood to her early widowhood, Tess knows sorrow. As she begins to peak out from under the shroud of mourning, life is waiting for her. But world turns out to be much scarier than she ever realized as she learns that she is part of a force as old as the world itself.
I thought this was going to be a fairly standard seco
Dee Willson
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
"WITH A GENEROUS WIT THAT READERS SHOULD SAVOR, WILLSON PRESENTS TESS AS A DAMAGED WOMAN DESPERATE TO HEAL.... THE AUTHOR ALSO SPREADS HER LOVE AND KNOWLEDGE OF ANCIENT CIVILIZATIONS ON NEARLY EVERY PAGE.... YET AS WILLSON UNFURLS MORE OF HER WORLD, HER SERIES' IMMENSE POTENTIAL PROVES IRRESISTIBLE."
- KIRKUS REVIEW

"A Keeper's Truth by Dee Wilson is an intriguing novel that explores some of the myths that date back to antiquity. I think it is an amazing story, and I appreciate the way that Dee W
Jo Dawson
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a moving book, from the first page to the last. A Keeper’s Truth is the story of Tess Morgan, her life has seen more then its share of pain and misery, from her neglected childhood to her early widowhood, Tess knows sorrow. As she begins to peak out from under the shroud of mourning, life is waiting for her. But world turns out to be much scarier than she ever realized as she learns that she is part of a force as old as the world itself.

I thought this was going to be a fairly standard seco
Stephanie  Mae
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If I can give you one piece of advice while reading this book, sit with no one bothering you, trust me it's totally worth it. There is so much going on in this book, and the writing is just amazing. It certainly falls under the Paranormal with the whole shebang of the Keepers and lost souls, but Dee's writing is beautiful and deep that you don't even realize that you are reading something that's outta this world.

There is no way I am giving anything away with this story line, you will have to dev
Dorothy Mcintosh
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I had the benefit of reading an early copy of A Keeper's Truth. The first few pages caught my attention and didn't let go. There are two stand outs in the novel. Tess is a highly credible and original lead character and I felt bonded to her throughout the book. A great lead character alone, though, is not enough to make a book a stand out but when that combines with a surprising portrait of ancient lore that reaches far beyond recorded human history, the novel really comes alive. Highly recommen ...more
Jeanne Jensen
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This novel will leave you wondering about our very existence on earth. A romance of love, lust, and lies with a twist of paranormal. Tess is about to embark on a journey she never knew existed. She is forced to choose between the safe and somewhat normal life or a passionate, unknown weird world that she encounters. Is she willing to risk it all for love or will she settle for the norm? This book is a joy to read. I cannot wait for the second book in this series of three.
Peggy
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
**SPOILER FREE**

This is a book you'll want in your possession! Snatches you right in from page 1! Well balanced story plot and characters! I promise you don't want to miss out on this read!

*Received for an honest review*
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
A sweet yet thought-provoking story with a 'soul' of its own that takes yours along for the ride. Well done! http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/reviews/...
ashley | citygirlscapes
Apr 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Stars. Originally posted on citygirlscapes.com.

A Keeper’s Truth by Dee Willson is rich with mythology, making it more than just a story but a look into some interesting and incredible snippets of old folklore. What I thought could be a rehashing of pop-culture-influenced glittering vampires or clichéd witch hunts was actually a really unique origin story with modern influences and a fresh breath of air.

The lore was by far my favourite part of the book. Willson must have done some heavy researc
Rita Bailey
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book had me hooked from the first sentence. Part thriller, part paranormal romance, it follows a pace as unique as the protagonist, Tess Morgan. She's a single mother, a recent widow, a talented artist, and a woman who sees things other people don't. Between the nightmares and the violent visions, she thinks she's going crazy. Then she meets Bryce Waters, a mysterious bachelor who seems to have everything: looks, brains, and a magnetic charm Tess can't resist--much to the chagrin of her fri ...more
Tanis Mallow
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
From its masterful opening to its heart-wrenching finale, Dee Willson's debut, A Keeper's Truth takes readers on a enthralling journey. With this genre-bending novel, Willson successfully combines all the elements we love in romance, mystery, paranormal and thriller stories in an intriguing way. The book raises questions that will have you questioning myth vs facts long after you've finished reading it and the ending both ties up the story in a satisfying way and leaves readers wanting much more ...more
Jeff Wozniakowski
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
From page one I was hooked. Not only was this a well written book, it kept me interested and wanting more as I ended every chapter. I thoroughly enjoyed the way the author incorporated ancient mythology into a modern day story that takes place in a town which could very well be the one you live in, with the main character, Tess, as one of your neighbors. The author did a fabulous job bringing her characters to life, and between that and the mythology, I didn’t want the story to end.
I highly sugg
Vaughn Roycroft
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was immediately lured into Tess's world, mainly by the blend of her strength and humor. I would've followed her anywhere, but I really became intrigued by the deepening magical realism and modernized folklore she encounters. The pace of this book is blistering, and I found myself reading it every chance I got for three days. There was an odd change of character perspective as the book raced toward climax, but I soon gathered why this had to be, and the switch didn't slow me. All I could say at ...more
InD'tale Magazine
"A Keeper's Truth" seems to fall between the paranormal and fantasy genres, with a bit of love story thrown in.

Read full review in the 2016 May issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Sharon
May 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: wilson-dee
Good Story. A little bit of mystery and excitement however the ending let me down. The ending fell a bit flat for me. Maybe the next story in the series (I think there will be a next) will pick it back up.
Billiebumblebee
Apr 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Oh I really liked this book, even though I was a bit skeptic to begin with. There are just so many things that could go wrong with a young widow, a handsome stranger, a triangle drama (ugh) and mythical things. But it seems like I forgot that there is also a whole lot of right that can happen with those ingredients too.

The young widow Tess is so easy to like and I cared for her from page one. She's been through so many sad things and I really think Willson did a great job with making her real an
Barb
Apr 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have never read a book quite like this one and I doubt any other author would do it as much justice as this one did. I couldn't put this book down. It had sorrow, joy, humor, love and even some history and the history part was so interesting that I never even yawned while reading it!For a book to have all this and so much more, it is so deserves more than 5 stars but that is all I can give.
Tess has known loss that started from her childhood until now when she is now a widow with a daughter to
Brin
Apr 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was swept along from the first chapter of this book. Dee Willson created wonderful, unique characters and an intriguing story-line. I loved it! I'm waiting for Book 2!
Tammy Predovic
Nov 27, 2016
Cyber
Apr 12, 2016
CAST YOUR VOTE... 1 4 Apr 12, 2016 06:55AM
  • Water So Deep (Water So Deep, #1)
  • The Irish Princess (The Irish Trilogy, #1)
  • A Gentleman's Guide to Scandal (Birch Hall Romance, #2)
  • Immortal Muse
  • Celtic Fire (Druids of Avalon, #1)
  • Lemonade
  • Beauty and the Clockwork Beast (Steampunk Proper Romance #1)
  • Minotaur
  • The Language of Silence
  • Lifer
  • The Bloodbound (Bloodbound, #1)
  • Charlie Glass's Slippers: A Very Modern Fairy Tale
  • A Little Folly
  • The Future for Curious People
  • A Turn of Light (Night's Edge, #1)
  • Troy
  • Sofia Khan Is Not Obliged
  • The House of Impossible Loves

WINNER OF 2017 BEST CANADIAN EMERGING WRITER AWARD!

DEE WILLSON, felt the writer’s call at fifteen, when she penned her first novel and received her first rejection letter to go with it. Over twenty years later, with two successful businesses under her belt (both with Canada’s largest book retailer, Indigo Books), Dee Willson rekindled her passion for novels. She joined a hard-core book club, pub

More about Dee Willson...

“FEAR IS JUST EXCITEMENT IN NEED OF AN ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT” 3 likes