Start by marking “Spyfall (Stan Wade LA PI Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Spyfall (Stan Wade LA PI Book 1)

Read Book

Spyfall (Stan Wade LA PI Book 1)

4.73  ·  Rating details ·  11 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
In October 1959, someone is out for revenge against young L.A. PI, Stan Wade, who has solved a few cases for his main client, Walt Disney. When a CIA agent mistakenly dies in Stan’s place, Stan initiates a revenge investigation that leads him outside the country, and his own comfort zone, to stop a nuclear threat to Europe that will remain classified until 2012.
Published October 17th 2015 by Black Opal Books

To ask other readers questions about Spyfall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spyfall

Mike Billington
May 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's 1959 and Los Angeles private eye Stan Wade is living in a world populated by the rich, famous, and notorious.
He rubs shoulders with Walt Disney, for whom he sometimes does some investigative work; knows gangster Micky Cohen; has an office in the rear of the famed Brown Derby restaurant; has played bridge with Noel Coward; and knows his way around the mean streets.
So when Disney asks him to meet with former British-intelligence-officer-turned-author Ian Fleming, who has lately run into some
Linda Thorne
I bought this for my husband some time ago as a gift. I didn't plan to read it myself as this author is spitting out one book after another in his series while I can't seem to finish the second book in my own series. My husband read it and enjoyed it. I now needed to find a home for this book and was packing it up to send to my brother and his wife in Boise, Idaho. I made the mistake of reading a little bit of it, then more, and the next day I finished the book - faster than I should've read, bu ...more
Lois Bouchard
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A lot of fun and nostalgic

One of my friends and her husband read another of the author's books, Tripl3 Cross. They called it whimsical. I think that's perfect. The author obviously knows a lot about the silver screen (he wrote a book about collecting silver screen memorabilia). He also obviously researched the area of East Berlin where much of the book takes place and is spot on when it comes to the technology and culture of the late 50s. I was very impressed by the detailed descriptions of the
Robert Jr.
Nov 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hollywood, the Brown Derby, Walt Disney, Ian Flemming, Elvis, U2 spying, those gastly Russians, all before the Berlin wall came tumbling down. A fast paced old style gumshoe that also makes one smile - a great yarn without being preachy or trying to proove a point - entertainment at its highest peak with several twists that will take you by surprise. We need more books like this. Book 1 in what I understrand will be a series. Trust the others will be as exciting.
Daniella Bernett
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A sheer delight! Spyfall captures the flavor of Hollywood’s golden era. It is a fast-paced thriller. It’s “The Thin Man” laced with the spicy intrigue of James Bond. The tongue-in-cheek irreverence kept a smile on my face. Stan Wade is down-to-earth, extremely likable and believable. I couldn’t put the book down. Spyfall is a diverting caper that everyone must read.
Daniella Bernett
John Hegenberger
May 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Lots of fun!

This is a great way to get into a whole new idea. 1959, Los Angeles, private eyes, who could ask for anything more, or less? And if you think this was good you should read the rest of the books in the series. Ha, Ha.
Doug Phillips