Start by marking “The Study of Seduction (Sinful Suitors, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Study of Seduction (Sinful Suitors, #2)

The Study of Seduction

(Sinful Suitors #2)

A marriage of convenience ignites into a passionate love affair in the hotly anticipated second novel in New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author Sabrina Jeffries’s addictive Sinful Suitors series!

When Edwin Barlow, the Earl of Blakeborough, agrees to help his best friend’s impetuous ward, Lady Clarissa Lindsey, in her time of need, he knows he’s in for trouble. He’
Published March 22nd 2016 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about The Study of Seduction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Study of Seduction

XxTainaxX
Mar 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sabrina Jeffries does it again. I enjoyed Edwin and Clarissa's story very much. Clarissa is a woman that seems a bit out of her time with how independent and forward thinking she is. Edwin is her brother's and cousin's handsome friend. He's been attracted to her for quite a while but held back. Now he's been asked to keep an eye on and escort her to the social affairs as Clarissa has a suitor that has been getting more and more aggressive in his pursuit. Their love is slower to bloom but the att ...more
Stacey is Sassy
description

I’ll take the Reward…and Edwin too.

Romance readers…Historical Romance fans…lovers of LOVE…let me welcome to the stage…Edwin Barlow, the Earl of Blakeborough, also known as my Hero of the Day!!! Yep, The Study of Seduction is going on my Favourites of 2016 list. This book…geez…I struggle to explain it…but this book is EXACTLY why I love historical romance. The hero is a stuffy, arrogant, know-it-all (think Mr Darcy) who acts like he is surrounded by buffoons. The heroine is an intelligent, quirky
WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker
"Besides," he added, "we're engaged."
"Not...really."
His gaze locked with hers in the mirror as he stroked one finger along the edge of her bodice. "We could be."
She was so intent on what he was doing with his finger that his words didn't quite resister. "We could be what?"
"Really engaged. To each other." His finger dipped just beneath the edge to skim over the rise of her breasts in a slow caress. Watching him do it in the mirror made it so erotic that she had to plant one hand on the dressing
Daniella
Dec 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*An ARC was given in exchange for an honest review. Thank you to the writer and the publisher for the opportunity to read this.*

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: I love Sabrina Jeffries' writing style . Her narration lacks the pretentious verbosity that others in the genre are wont to have, but still contains enough imagination to be entertaining. In short, her writing is just perfect for me.

My only beef with her works is this: her heroes have a tendency to be unfeeling assholes som
Jo
Nov 02, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-5-stars, gr2016

Edwin Barlow, the Earl of Blakeborough has been asked to protect his best friend’s ward, Lady Clarissa Lindsey from a powerful diplomat who is stalking her. And he knows that this task is only going to bring him trouble, because Clarissa is sassy and free-spirited and a flirt, who is always trying to get a rise out of him, calling him gruff and too serious. And how is he supposed to find a suitable wife, if he can’t help but want Clarissa who is the exact opposite of the wife he is looking for?

Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus)
★★★3 Meh Stars★★★

There was nothing wrong with the book per se.The story-line was definitive with a vile antagonist and Sabrina Jeffries writing was fluent as ever.

Individually both lead protagonist were great,especially Edwin(with his romantic lines in the end.*Le sign*)..It just that I didn't really come to love Edwin and Clarissa as a couple..TOGETHER.

To me,they only ever came across as Friends in lust with each other for almost the whole of the book with them suddenly waking up one day and ab
Lover of Romance
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance My Review
Summary
Edwin Barlow, the Earl of Blakeborough, has known the Lindsey's for a long time, and is a close friend to the family. When Lady Clarissa's brother Warren, asks Edwin to watch over Clarissa while he heads off to Europe to help their younger brother...Edwin is more than willing. But the moment he agrees, he realizes that he is way in over his head, because the chemistry between himself and Clarissa is flame worthy. Edwin escourts C
[Aengell]
3 stars

This one goes straight to my purely imagined „will forget it in a few days/weeks“-shelf.

I can’t exactly say what felt lacking, but I constantly felt underwhelmed, as if what I was reading was okay, but not memorable or in any way stimulating my readers mind.
The premise is a little bit deceiving since the marriage-of-convenience plot device doesn’t happen until the 50% mark, and by then there was so much else happening that it wasn’t even that of a big deal.

The writing style was okay, S
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
I've read several of Sabrina Jeffries books now and I've enjoyed every one of them. She really knows how to involve the reader and keep you entertained without so much of the heavy historical aspects in her stories. This new book is heavy on the heat and tension between the male/female relationship and not overly heavy in excess details. A perfect balance.

The tension that she includes with the relentless suitor is a unique twist to the story that offers a lot of interest and adds so much to the
Caz
Sep 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've given this a B+ at AAR, so 4.5 stars

This second book in Sabrina Jeffries’ current Sinful Suitors series picks up the story of Edwin Barlow, Lord Blakeborough, who appeared as a secondary character in her earlier Duke’s Men books. Although he came across as somewhat staid, Edwin is a kind, decent and honourable man, and, mindful of the fact that it’s time for him to do his duty to his family and his title, is looking about him for a wife. The future Lady Blakeborough will ideally be a qu
Esther
 ᴍɪᴄs ✖amante de los spoilers✖
Y ahora que pasaron un par de días no se si sobrevive a una relectura pero estuvo bueno.

Junta dos temáticas que me encantan, la de friends to lovers y matrimonios concertados.

Me gustó que se complementaran entre los dos y me encanta cuando uno de los dos es más serio (él) y el otro es más vivaracho (ella).

La cagó con el final porque le agregó mucho drama innecesario.
Yomi M.
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rating Clarification: 4.5 stars

Wow, this book. I’m going to be completely honest here, I’ve tried to read other Sabrina Jeffries’ books but I’ve never gotten into them. But I read the synopsis for this and decided to give it a try and I’m so glad that I did. Historical Romance is my favorite genre so I think I always have very high expectations when reading books from that particular genre and this definitely did not disappoint me at all.

Edwin was the best part of the book by far. He was nerdy
Joanna Loves Reading
Enjoyed the narration here and thought the story compelling. It didn't wow me, but it was solid. I have an ARC for book 5, so I am listening to the series as they are available from my library. I think you could say the Jeffries tends to follow a formula, which I don't mind overly, but some may not like it. It makes it easy to listen and multi-task.
Caz
I've given this a B+ for both content and narration at AudioGals.

The Study of Seduction is the second book in Sabrina Jeffries’ Sinful Suitors series, but we have met Edwin Barlow, Lord Blakeborough a few times before, in both the previous book (The Art of Sinning) and in the author’s previous series, The Duke’s Men . In the final book in that series, If the Viscount Falls, Edwin – a decent, if rather staid young man – was jilted by his fiancée, so I hoped that at some point, Ms Jeffries woul
Jaclyn

Originally reviewed at The Book Adventures.

The Study of Seduction is a surprisingly heartfelt historical romance. Normally, when I pick up a Sabrina Jeffries book I expect something light and romantic. While The Study of Seduction is romantic, the themes explored were unexpectedly serious and dark. That’s not to say that Study of Seduction isn’t a signature Jeffries’ book, it is, but it also explores some pretty serious stuff as it relates to the couples romance.

Edwin Barlow, the Earl of Blakebo
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup.

Alright the quick of it is that Edwin and Clarissa have known each other for practically ever and they just...get under each others skin! And now Edwin's been asked by his friend-- her guardian-- to keep an eye out for her while he's away on a trip. So these two? Gonna have to figure out how to play nice with each other as he escorts her about town for a few weeks. They might just discover a few things about one another they never expected too! Or, yo
Sonya Heaney

I enjoy Sabrina Jeffries’ books. She is one of those historical romance authors I count on for consistently entertaining reads. The Study of Seduction works fine as a standalone, something I can attest to because it has been so long since I read the book before this one, and had all but forgotten the characters. It is a solid read, even if I had an issue here and there.

I fell really comfortable with Jeffries’ characters, and trust the author to deliver things I expect. In other words, I
Beebs
3.5!

Edwin Barlow, the Earl of Blakeborough has decided to marry and plans to look around for a sensible, rational wife. Instead he agrees to help his best friend by escorting his cousin, Lady Clarissa, to protect her from a persistent and aggressive suitor.

Due to events in her past, Clarissa has decided never to marry but when Count Durand assaults her at a ball and it becomes clear that he is not going to stop, she agrees to marry Edwin in name only until she is ready to consummate the marriag
Zoe
Mar 19, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a book that I will probably forget in 2 days. For that reason, I almost gave it 2 stars. But Sabrina Jeffries has her way with words and that helped me get through this forgettable story.

Edwin was the better character in the couple, even though I feel that his "stoic" personality didn't come through as well as it could have been. He was more a sweetheart than a fierce protector in my eyes. I do wish writers refrain from making these heroes so..........sweet.......But Edwin was steadfast
Desi
May 24, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This read like a treatise to consent issues. But it's a topic that's little dealt with in romance so it's probably a good refresher for those who never much think on the matter.

(SPOILER) Portrayal of victim trauma wasn't too badly done either. Some of the dialogue was a bit 'infomercial' with the whole "you are not to blame/ no means no" vibe. I didn't much enjoy it because of the dreary topic. Partially too because as a woman (being familiar with that blood crawling feeling men chasing you des
Juliana Philippa
“Enough.” She fisted her hands at her sides. “I hate it when you’re logical.”
“I’m always logical. You hate it when I’m right.”
To his surprise, her lips twitched as if fighting a smile. “That, too.”
Setting. London and Hertfordshire, England, Spring 1830.

Summary. Lady Clarissa Lindsey (25) and Edwin Barlow, Earl of Blakeborough (33) have known each other since childhood and always rubbed each other the wrong way. Clarissa is beautiful, outgoing, expressive, loves to smile, laugh, dance, and f
Shauni
Originally Reviewed For: Bodice Rippers, Femme Fatales and Fantasy

Writing regency romance has to be the hardest writing job around. Why? Because once it was fresh and new but now? Everyone is doing it. Walking that tightrope of keeping things fresh and yet staying in the lines is a gift and Sabrina Jeffries presents us with one once again. The Study of Seduction is the second book of her Sinful Suitors Series and I found it delightful.

The true gift of this book is not the originality, because i
Amanda
4.5 stars!

AT LAST, a Sabrina Jeffries book that kept me engaged all the way through and featured a hero I didn’t despise. After barely any hits and too many misses from this author, I was beginning to wonder if I would ever truly LOVE anything she wrote. The Study of Seduction erased every issue I’d ever had with Jeffries and gave me all that I look for in a truly great HR and more.

What starts out as a fake engagement between friends during a moment of crisis, turns into a legitimate marriage of
Susan
Very good book. By the end of The Art of Sinning (Book 1), I had a pretty good idea that Edwin and Clarissa were going to be the next couple. The sparks flying between them were too obvious not to be acted on. At the beginning of this book, Clarissa's guardian and cousin, Warren, has to go on a trip and asks his best friend Edwin to keep an eye on Clarissa. There's a French diplomat that has been pursuing her and won't take no for an answer. Clarissa is extremely independent and is not happy wit ...more
Daniella
Oct 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

4 Stars

Sabrina Jeffries is one of my go-to authors in historical romance. Due to that, I have been intrigued by the character of Edwin, the Earl of Blakeborough, for a few books now. Readers first knew Edwin as the betrothed, and later jilted groom, of Jane in If the Viscount Falls. He then acted as the protective older brother of Yvette in The Art of Sinning. Now Edwin gets to take center stage along with Lady Clarissa in the beautifully written and entertaining The Study of Seduction.

Edwin has
Rose Blue
Mar 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As reviewed at Roses Are Blue: http://wp.me/p3QRh4-lY

Edwin Barlow is not thrilled that his good friend has asked him to keep an eye on his cousin, Clarissa, while he leaves the country. Though Edwin likes Clarissa well enough, he knows that she’s very opinionated, and won’t take kindly to having a baby sitter. But Clarissa has a persistent suitor who won’t take “no” for an answer, and has become somewhat of a problem. With that in mind, Clarissa reluctantly agrees to Edwin’s escort.

Clarissa is t
Bambi Unbridled
I was so excited to read this installment of the Sinful Suitors because I just loved the way that Clarissa and Edwin sniped at each other in the earlier books. You just knew that all that delicious tension was going to explode one day!

I am going to start with Edwin because he is one of my favorite kinds of heroes - the stoic sort that goes all grumbly and takes everything just way too seriously. A good lookin' gent that just needs the right woman to come along and ruffle his feathers. Edwin Bar
Victoria Cavill
5 Love-Edwin Stars...!!!

When i learnt there will be a book on Edwin I was doing cartwheels inside my head. I was intrigued by Edwin when I read Dominic's story. I wanted him to find his true love and wanted to find out what made him so stoic. And after reading this book I have to say there is virtually no SJ hero that I won't fall for. Its impossible..!!

The study of seduction is the story of Edwin and Clarissa who have been in each other's pockets for their entire lives, taunting and tweaking
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jul 31, 2015 04:34PM

• If the Duke Demands (Capturing the Carlisles, #1)
  • The Earl I Ruined (The Secrets of Charlotte Street, #2)
  • The Viscount and the Vixen (Hellions of Havisham, #3)
  • Season for Scandal (Holiday Pleasures, #3)
  • Beauty and the Rake  (The Rookery Rogues, #3)
  • Wanna Bet? (Dirty British Romance, #2)
  • Stormswept
  • The Luck of the Bride (The Cavensham Heiresses #3)
  • Forevermore (Darkest London, #7)
  • The Untamed Earl (Playful Brides, #5)
  • A Lady's Guide to Skirting Scandal (The Lords of Worth, #2.5)
  • The Lady Who Loved Him (The Brethren, #2)
  • A Match Made in Mistletoe
  • Let It Be Me (The Blue Raven, #5)
  • The Trouble with True Love (Dear Lady Truelove, #2)
  • Desired (The Scandalous Women of the Ton, #5)
  • Her Protector's Pleasure (Mayhem in Mayfair, #3)
  • While the Duke Was Sleeping (The Rogue Files, #1)
Sabrina Jeffries is the NYT bestselling author of over 50 novels and works of short fiction (some written under the pseudonyms Deborah Martin and Deborah Nicholas). Whatever time not spent writing in a coffee-fueled haze of dreams and madness is spent traveling with her husband and adult autistic son or indulging in one of her passions—jigsaw puzzles, chocolate, and music. With over 9 million book ...more

Sinful Suitors (6 books)
  • The Art of Sinning (Sinful Suitors, #1)
  • The Danger of Desire (Sinful Suitors, #3)
  • The Pleasures of Passion (Sinful Suitors, #4)
  • The Secret of Flirting (Sinful Suitors, #5)
  • The Risk of Rogues (The Sinful Suitors, #5.5)