Start by marking “Some Clever Title: A FoxTrot Collection Blah Blah Blah” as Want to Read:
Some Clever Title: A FoxTrot Collection Blah Blah Blah

Some Clever Title: A FoxTrot Collection Blah Blah Blah

FoxTrot distills popular culture through the lens of everyday family life--offering a deft and humorous critique on society's latest comings and goings.
You might belong in the Fox family if you . . . dress up in a Batman costume . . . model a scarecrow after your sister . . . bake cookies to bribe your teachers . . . spend all day playing videogames . . . buy a cart load
Published March 22nd 2016 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Some Clever Title, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Some Clever Title

Start your review of Some Clever Title: A FoxTrot Collection Blah Blah Blah
Pat
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, book-books
A fun book of Foxtrot Sunday comic strips.
Kevin Hogan
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I feel that the Sunday cartoons here live up to the Sunday cartoons when FoxTrot was a daily series. I miss the continuing storylines, but absent those, this is still an entertaining book.
Jack Reynolds
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Since I was 8 and read the Assorted Foxtrot treasury from my elementary school's library, I've fallen in love with this comic strip. Garfield is still a close runner-up though, but it's been a while since I've read a treasury of that series. But back to Foxtrot.

I'm happy to say that Some Clever Title was worth the almost four year wait. There are a few solid gems in this collection that are sure to make any comic fan laugh, and I think those that aren't following the Sunday releases (such as
Kathleen
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Some Clever Title: A Foxtrot Collection Blah Blah Blah, Bill Amend

Another Foxtrot collection! I think this is the most recent one, since it's all Sunday strips and Sunday strips only. I admit that I miss the dailies; it was nice to follow all the plotlines and see story arcs unfold. But at the same time, comic strips are so fundamentally unchanging in time and setting that the individual Sunday comic stories sort of works better for the medium.

Anyway. Amend has a reputation for a nerdy, funny
Ben
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another fun collection of typical FoxTrot nerdy/geeky/goofy humor taken from the Newspaper Strips and combined and collated into a book. A great series and one of the better daily/weekly strips in the paper. Up there with Far Side, Calvin and Hobbes, BC, Pearls Before Swines, and Peanuts.
Meagan
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good as ever—classic Amend—I just wish it (like another of his I just read) wasn’t Sundays only! The dailies were really where we could engage with the characters. But, I can’t argue with new-to-me material!
Nancy Bandusky
Jun 29, 2017 rated it liked it
A fun collection of the Sunday strips. A bit disappointing in the continuing stereotypes but Fox Trot characters never age or change. The swimsuit models inserted in the one comic was below the creator's usual standards.
Theresa Pollara
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series never gets old! I was so excited to see a new edition! Considering these are cartoons, there is a great repore between the characters. Mr. Amend has always been able to give a honest report of the family dynamic. (and it's funny)
Kelsey
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good, but too short. I miss the daily Foxtrot comics
Queezle
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
I used to love Foxtrot but after a while it gets a bit reductive. Surprising to see so many gender stereotypes in a contemporary comic strip.
JV Austen
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
We don't get the Sunday paper anymore, so it is fun to catch up on the Foxtrot gang.
Nic
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
A good comic collection!
Bookreader1972
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.9 stars. Foxtrot is always funny.

Katie
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's Foxtrot - when isn't it entertaining?
Cale
Dec 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
This collection from after Amend went to Sundays only demonstrates the creative success of that move - some of these strips are the on par with the funnies the series has ever been, and the creativity is at a high bar as well (Les Phys is a personal favorite). Definitely recommended for Foxtrot fans, and having every strip in full color is a nice bonus too.
Amanda
Jun 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Love FoxTrot, not this collection

I love FoxTrot. I have loved FoxTrot for many years. Its geeky and nerdy and pop culture and funny. Its my favorite comic strip, so I was looking forward to this new collection. While this had the same things I love about FoxTrot, I don't care for this collection as much. A couple of the comics are not appropriate for children (particularly the ones featuring an actual photo of a bikini model and the one where beef jerky is fashioned into beef twerky) which was
Ron
Apr 05, 2016 rated it liked it
I enjoy Foxtrot, but this one just was not as fun as previous collections. My biggest beef is that this collection has labels rather then having the panels arranged sequentially. I did enjoy individual panels, however, the lack of a story arc lowered the number of stars I was willing to give.
Liz
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful! Love this strip!
Narariel
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
A collection of Sunday Foxtrot strips, there are no storylines but the comics are still enjoyable.
Glen
May 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic-strip
Hilarious collection of FoxTrot's Sunday strips. I really miss the dailies.
Kristin Ramsey
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comic-books
Newest book for the Sunday comics that were in newspapers in the past. The book has 143 pages. It was a fast book to read. Love reading FoxTrot because it makes me laugh when reading it.
Tom Franklin
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Since going to Sundays-only, a new Amend FoxTrot book is a rare thing. This is a fine collection.
Brian
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Gaijin: American Prisoner of War
  • Adult Time: A Baby Blues Collection
  • Dance Like Everybody's Watching!: A Zits Treasury
  • Best Friends (Real Friends, #2)
  • The Hidden Witch (The Witch Boy, #2)
  • How To: Absurd Scientific Advice for Common Real-World Problems
  • Christopher's Diary: Secrets of Foxworth (Diaries, #1)
  • My Boyfriend Is a Bear
  • The Far Side Gallery
  • Stargazing
  • Cheshire Crossing
  • Amazing Greek Myths of Wonder and Blunders
  • Just Because
  • Last Pick (Last Pick, #1)
  • Lucky Penny
  • Ainda Bem Que Ficou Desse Lado
  • A Doença, o Sofrimento e a Morte Entram Num Bar
  • Cast No Shadow
Bill Amend is an American cartoonist, best known for his comic strip FoxTrot.
Born as William J. C. Amend III, Amend attended high school in Burlingame, California where he was a cartoonist on his school newspaper. Amend is an Eagle Scout in the Boy Scouts of America. He attended Amherst College, where he drew comics for the college paper. He majored in physics and graduated in 1984.
After a short