Start by marking “Fall of the Dragon Prince (Forgotten Heirs Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fall of the Dragon Prince (Forgotten Heirs Trilogy, #1)

Fall of the Dragon Prince (The Forgotten Heirs Trilogy #1)

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  47 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews

Reann, a serving girl and self-appointed librarian of Toran’s estate, has a chance to unravel the greatest mystery in the realm.

On the other side of the kingdom, Terith and the other dragon riders fight to stop the invasion that would
Published February 14th 2017 by Jolly Fish Press

To ask other readers questions about Fall of the Dragon Prince, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fall of the Dragon Prince

Jenna Kathleen
Feb 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Compared with most YA, the story of Fall of the Dragon Prince is unraveled rather slowly, but that's a good thing. It is a well-paced novel with a fantastic story and awesome characters.

After the revered king Toran passes, he leaves the kingdom with five heirs, hidden from the world, spread far and wide. This story follows two main characters: Torith and Reann. I loved both of them. They are so oppositely different from each other and I think that is part of the appeal of this book. You have Tor
laurel [suspected bibliophile]
This had all the makings of a fantastic high fantasy novel. A king who united five kingdoms into one dies and leaves behind five separate heirs that must be found, all while darkness is gathering? Dragons, heros, villains and and heroine is who is a librarian? Yes!

I was seriously disappointed in this one. It took me over a month to read--unheard of, I know, but I just couldn't get into it. The world-building is sloppy and all over the place. We've got this vague magic system of awakenings and ri
Deborah Call
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a great story, brilliantly told and very creative. King Toran who is now dead left a glimmer of hope for peace in the 5 realms. This book follows the story of Terith and Reann. I must say, Reann was my favorite of the two. She is the intellectual, Terith is the muscle & dragon rider. This book has lots of action and a complex puzzle to unravel. There are hints of a lost compass that can change fate and a dark evil coming. The more I read, the less I could put it down. I am anxiously ...more
Jean Newman
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it

Love the fantasy world that is described, especially the land of the dragons which I found very detailed and realistic. The book seemed a bit slow at the beginning, but that didn't last. Once it picked up, it moved fast and furiously to the end. Perhaps the best praise I can give is that I was extremely disappointed when I finished the book and remembered, it's the first book in a series.
Deseret News
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Although he died several years ago, King Toran is still revered throughout the kingdom as the one who brought the five realms and eventual peace to the country. But without an heir to rule in his place, it is doubtful peace will remain.

In "The Fall of the Dragon Prince" by Dan Allen, 17-year-old Reann, a longtime servant in Toran’s castle in Erdal, is obsessed with the idea of locating one of the king’s heirs and installing him or her onto the throne. Although Reann has scoured the library’s boo
Megan
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
Fall of the Dragon Prince is an engaging fantasy that leaves the reader begging for more. The characters in this epic story are heroic, brave, and constantly keep you guessing. The Fall of the Dragon Prince is a story full of action and intrigue. The reader is always trying to connect the dots while the author is leading you down a path of no return. In a land of dragon races, war, deceit, and hidden heirs to the throne, this action-fantasy is a story that will lead you into the exciting world c ...more
Carlisa Cramer
This was an original and thrilling read, with great pacing and unique characters. And dragons—you can't forget about those. Had a few issues with it, but excited to read the sequel!
Jane
Mar 01, 2017 rated it liked it

King Toran is greatly admired for uniting the 5 realms and bringing peace to the land. When the King dies, his throne stands empty. It is rumored that he left 5 heirs throughout the land, however their identities remain a mystery.

The story is told from several character's point of view. Reann is a 17 year old ward of the castle that is working as a servant until her guardianship ends. She is the self-a
Dania
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book was not for me. It was too long and too boring. Yes, there was plenty of action and plenty of adventure, but it wasn't exciting. I would have called a DNF long time ago, only the fact that I received a free electronic copy kept me going.

I give this books two stars! I actually was happy to see a male lead for once. We rarely see male leads in YA.
Janella
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book from Netgalley for an honest review

King Toran my have been dead for several years in the story he still revered throughout the realm and also a has big part in the story.The Fall of the Dragon Prince is an engaging YA fantasy and adventure story that will leave you begging for more. The characters are brave, heroic and constantly will keep you guessing on what is their part.

King Toran supposedly left 5 heirs. We already have 2 confirmed Princesses. While for Terith
Elizabeth Reid
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-reviews
This one took me by surprise. I look forward to the sequel.

Review for Desert News here: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/86...
Amy
May 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Fall of the Dragon Prince is beautifully written, with rich details, a complete and vast world, and compelling characters. I could not read it fast enough as both Reann, an orphaned servant, and Terith, a great dragon warrior with potential to be chief, discover the secrets of their pasts and how their destinies are interlocked with Toran, the legendary king who united the five kingdoms. The action and intrigue never let up, with an epic competition involving Terith and the other dragon-ridi ...more
Helen Wawrejko
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Epic fantasy. Multiple storylines. Slow start, but caught fire fast. The leap from character to character was finely tuned. "Medieval" sea battles, dragon riders, magic, betrayal. The mystery of the heirs was foremost in the book. Great worldbuilding, protagonists wonderfully written. I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book from Netgalley.
Bear
Feb 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Great Epic fantasy with multiple storylines, perhaps a little slow at the beginning but picked up real quick. This was a great read and highly recommended.
Alex Rowe ----Captain Valour
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star, netgalley
THIS BOOK!!! Uhh, it took me forever to find the words to be able to write a review for it. It took me by surprise, and honestly, it's been years since I've read a book that has captivated me so much. I was hooked from the beginning of the book, and now that it's over, I don't know what to do with myself. I need the next book in this series!

Fall of the Dragon Prince is a wonderful fantasy with dragons. I have to admit, that was the main reason I picked up the book at first, because I love drago
Merry Love
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, 5-stars
This is Allen's debut novel, and it is an excellent one. The world is easy to get into and the characters are well developed. There are multiple story arcs going on at the same time and they are well done and don't compete with each other. I loved it.

Brief Summary from Goodreads:

“Toran joined the five realms and tied their destinies to the survival of his secret heirs. But the king is now dead and his enemies gather.

Neil
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, netgalley
I received a free copy via Netgalley in exchange for a honest review.

I found some parts of this story extremely slow which then probably made the better parts feel actually better than they were.
The world building was poor,some of the character building was weak and in places the plot was totally unbelievable.
I can only hope the second in the series is better.
the14thwisher
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
honestly? i felt that the book was quite boring and interesting at the same time. I have yet to read book 2, so I hope book 2 will be great. The story line was GREAT!!! But, the ending was unfinished and left me confused. Overall, the book was okay-okay-ish.
Striped Cat
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
The story line was confusing and the characters were flat. I liked the dragons, though.
Jessica Pore Over the Pages
{I RECEIVED A COPY OF THIS BOOK FROM JOLLY FISH PUBLISHING IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW. THIS DOES NOT IMPACT THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW AND MY OPINIONS ARE MY OWN.}

Do not judge this book by its cover! To be perfectly honest, I wasn’t expecting too much from this book when I first picked it up. But I pleasantly surprised!

The world-building is spectacular. Some areas, like Toran’s fortress, seemed familiar: castle, lords, ladies, servants, library, politics, etc.. Others, like the Montzai Realm
MessohReads
Aug 26, 2017 rated it liked it
I received a free copy of this for review from NetGalley**

I gave this a 3.5. Overall I did enjoy the adventure but reading it was a mix of not being interested at all and being sucked in and flipping the pages. I think a lot of that is because of how slow it was at the beginning. Once you get about 3/4 of the way through and things start happening at a quicker page and the story is coming together it's really good. I will definitely continue on with the series.
Angel Hatfield
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
King Toran was able to do the impossible and join the five realms. The destiny of each realm is tied to each of his hidden heirs. Now that the king is dead, his enemies are gathering to destroy any heirs. It’s now up to a self-appointed librarian to unravel the mystery.
I liked this book more than I thought I would. Everything was written in great detail. I loved being pulled into the story of Terith and the journey he went through. I look forward to reading the next book in this saga.
**I volunt
Sudesh Ramsaroop
Jun 25, 2018
Rachel Rogers
Mar 03, 2017

Dan Allen is a multi-genre fiction writer, a father, husband and technologist. His debut novel is FALL OF THE DRAGON PRINCE from Jolly Fish Press.

Dan has designed lasers for the government that see through envelopes and (eek!) clothing, lit a three-story electron accelerator on fire (looks just like a warp core—well, before it burned), chased a flying stool across a high magnetic field zone, creat
More about Dan Allen

The Forgotten Heirs Trilogy (2 books)
  • Blade of Toran (The Forgotten Heirs Trilogy, #2)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Sanctuary (Nomad, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Bandwidth (An Analog Novel Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Bees
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Land: Founding (Chaos Seeds, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Mists of Avalon (Avalon, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Fool's Assassin (The Fitz and The Fool Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
  • Friday
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Dhalgren
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Homeworld (Odyssey One, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Recurve (The Elemental Series, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Black (Odyssey One, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Acacia: The War with the Mein (Acacia, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Black Bird of the Gallows
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99