Jump to ratings and reviews

Magnolia Creek #1

What Rosie Found Next

A shaky upbringing has left Rosie Stevens craving safety and security. She thinks she knows exactly what she needs to make her life complete – the stable job and perfect house-sit she’s just found in Magnolia Creek. The only thing she wants now is for her long-term boyfriend, Adam, to leave his overseas job and come home for good.

Owen Harrison is notoriously nomadic, and he roars into town on his Ducati for one reason and one reason only – to search his parents’ house while they’re away to find out what they’ve been hiding from him his entire life. When he meets Rosie, who refuses to quit the house-sit in his parents’ home, sparks fly.

Secrets are unearthed, promises are broken, friendships are put to the test and the real risk of bushfires under the hot Australian sun threatens to undo Rosie once and for all.

Will Rosie and Owen be able to find what they want or what they really need?

309 pages, Kindle Edition

First published November 12, 2015

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Helen J. Rolfe

26 books146 followers
Helen J. Rolfe writes romantic fiction and contemporary women's fiction and enjoys weaving stories about family, friendship, secrets, and community.

Never miss a release date! Sign up for the newsletter to get new book alerts: www.helenjrolfe.com/newsletter

Location is a big part of the adventure in Helen's books, and she enjoys setting stories in different cities and countries where she thinks her readers might like to escape to.

Helen J. Rolfe also writes for Orion Books under the name Helen Rolfe.

Born and raised in the UK, Helen graduated from University with a business degree and began working in I.T. This job took her over to Australia and it was there that she finally turned to what she loved and studied writing and journalism. She spent a while freelancing for women's health and fitness magazines, volunteered with the PR department of a children's hospital where she wrote articles and media releases, and eventually began writing fiction in 2011. And now, she thinks she may just have found her dream job.

Helen currently lives in Hertfordshire, UK, with her husband and their children.

Helen loves to hear from readers so please don't hesitate to get in touch. She can be found at:

www.helenjrolfe.com
www.instagram.com/helen_j_rolfe

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
4 (1%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 31 reviews
Profile Image for Anniek.
429 reviews259 followers
February 20, 2017
Rosie has found a job in Magnolia Creek, a small town where everybody knows one another. She combines working with house sitting. This is perfect for her since her boyfriend Adam works overseas and they haven't settled down in a home of their own yet. Rosie falls in love with Magnolia Creek almost instantly and she feels like she belongs in this small community. Magnolia Creek and its surrounding towns are known for having a high risk at bush fires. Rosie stays on high alert because fire is something that makes her nervous and she wants the house she's living in and the people she cares about to be safe.

Owen is a successful real estate agent. He buys properties and rents them out most of the time. A while ago he found something in his father's study, but before he could take a good look his mother took it away from him. He overheard his parents talk about it and now he's determined to find out what he isn't supposed to know. Owen needs his parents out of town so he can search the house. When he arrives at their home in the middle of the night he's surprised to find Rosie, who has a contract to watch over the house during his parent's absence. Can they share the house or does one of them have to leave?

Rosie had a tough childhood growing up with just her father. They were very close until a tragic event took her father's life. Rosie has been devastated ever since. She needs Adam to be there for her, but he only stays with her a few days at a time before he goes back to work. Rosie needs to feel secure and safe in life and I felt that Adam wasn't giving this to her. During the whole story their relationship felt off. Both of them want something that the other isn't capable of giving. I loved Rosie from the start. She's incredibly sweet and kind. I liked her sense of humor and admired the calm and sensible way she deals with the whole situation with and around Owen. I kept thinking she'd deserve more than what Adam is prepared to offer her.

Owen travels from town to town and even though he owns a lot of real estate he doesn't have a home. Ever since he was a kid he felt that something was not right. His mother was there for every major event in his life, but it always seemed like her heart wasn't completely in it. Owen struggles with these feelings and needs to find out the truth. Owen is a true hero in my eyes. He works as a volunteer at the local fire department and risks his life over and over again to rescue someone else's. It was really interesting to learn more about fire fighters and what they have to deal with in the line of duty.

What Rosie Found Next is a beautiful story about opening your eyes to see what's right in front of you. You may have plans in life, but when love finds you everything else is off the table. I loved reading about Rosie and Owen and liked how they gradually evolve from being strangers into being friends and then slowly become possible lovers. Helen J. Rolfe is a skilled storyteller, she's amazing at building up her tension. Not only did Rosie and Owen have a natural and realistic storyline, but as a reader you also know that there are secrets that will come out. However, you're never sure about how and when they will come to the surface. Helen J. Rolfe combines this gripping element with a beautiful setting. Magnolia Creek sounds like a fantastic town and it would be a joy to live there. What Rosie Found Next is my first book by Helen J. Rolfe, but she certainly got me interested in reading her other stories as well.
Profile Image for Hayley.
711 reviews394 followers
August 22, 2016
What Rosie Found Next is a lovely story about Rosie Stevens, a professional house sitter who hasn’t had the easiest life but is trying to move forward. She just wants to settle down and have some stability and security. Adam is Rosie’s long-term boyfriend but he’s very career-driven and, in the short term, this keeps preventing them from having the life that Rosie craves. Owen is the son of the home owners that Rosie is now house-sitting for. Owen is the opposite of Rosie, he leads a nomadic lifestyle with no home of his own and has no intentions of settling down with anyone ever.

I loved the dynamic between Owen and Rosie! From the very beginning, when he arrives unannounced at his parents’ home where Rosie is housesitting, and immediately starts antagonising her it was apparent that there was an underlying chemistry between these two characters. So from the start I was very much looking forward to seeing how things developed between them. As the novel went on, I really did like how these two characters became closer, they got to be friends and started looking out for each other and forming a much deeper connection. It wasn’t a straightforward boy meets girl novel and I very much enjoyed that it was different.

The mystery element, regarding Owen’s family, that runs through much of this novel was really interesting. I couldn’t work out why Owen was so set on searching his parents’ house but it is apparent that whatever secret is being kept from him, it’s something that has been affecting him for a long time and has perhaps made him the way he is. It works well because Owen goes away to find out the truth about the past and in his time away from Rosie we get to see the development of his character through what he finds out.

I adored Magnolia Creek, what a gorgeous setting; the descriptions of the town are such that you can really picture the place and I’d love to actually go visit! I loved Bella’s cafe, and Bella herself. She is the lynch-pin of the town bringing everyone together and lifting their worries for a little while with tea and freshly-baked scones.

I really enjoyed this novel, it was different to what I had been expecting but I loved that parts of it surprised me. It has a real depth to it and I became so invested in these characters and was really willing them on to find happiness. It’s a really heart-warming read and I can’t wait to read more books by Helen J. Rolfe in the future!

What Rosie Found Next is out now and available from AMAZON UK and AMAZON US

Thank you to Brook Cottage Books for sending me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for Isabell.
169 reviews58 followers
June 20, 2016

Actual rating = 4.5

What Rosie Found Next is Helen J Rolfes third release. I've previously read and loved Handle Me with Care, The Friendship Tree is still waiting on my kindle. I suppose my expectations were pretty high, because of the fact, I loved her previous novel so much. However, Helen did nothing less as delivering another excellent novel.

What Rosie Found Next follows the story around Rosie Stevens, who is hired to be a house-sitter in Magnolia Creek for a couple of months until the home owners return from the UK. In her first night, an unexpected visitor entered the scene. Owen Harrison, the home owners adult son, came back to Magnolia Greek for one special reason: to search his parents’ house while they’re away to find out what they’ve been hiding from him his entire life. Rosie thought she is happy in her life until she meets Owen. Rosie starts to question if her mapped out plan for herself and her boyfriend Adam (who works in Singapore at the moment and pops by whenever he can) is the right thing for her. Will both of them find what they are looking for?

As soon as I began reading, I was overjoyed to see that Helen’s writing style hadn't changed a single bit, and was very much still the same as when I read Handle Me with Care. I've found it incredibly easy to lose myself within the pages of her book, which is why I finished this book in two sittings, as it’s written in such a beautiful way. It was so magical, so mysterious and my favorite type of book, the type that you find extremely difficult to put down.

There were two things that actually niggled me. Firstly, I was a bit disappointed I guessed the very big secret before it was revealed. Although it was great, also sometimes shocking too, to find out what was behind the secret. The plot brings some great surprises you don’t expect. Secondly, towards the end there was too much action going on. There were some scenes added to the plot which were not necessary for my liking.

Nevertheless, I found What Rosie Found Next to be a seriously entertaining and thrilling read. I loved how the relationships between the main characters build up and how the story unfolded to reveal the secrets. It was a lovely, light-hearted story, with a well drawn and unique plot and the perfect amount of romance and mystery.

I really can’t wait to see what Helen has in store for me with a new book in the Magnolia Creek Series.
Profile Image for Alison.
878 reviews65 followers
November 9, 2015
Helen has excelled herself again with this book .. I love the way she writes with such passion about each character, you immediately feel as though you know them personally & therefore get involved with all the emotions.

Rosie, spends her time house/pet sitting & she has taken on a new assignment. The gorgeous house & cat occupant suit her for now while her long-term boyfriend is occupied working abroad. She has dreams of settling down into her own perfect little home but will he? Adam is ‘dependable’ & her future seems mapped out if only he would come back to Australia permanently & give her the stability she craves.

The gorgeous property in Magnolia Creek is ideal in the interim & will give her a peaceful life & she has a new job to look forward to close by. All is well until an ‘intruder’ startles her one night & it transpires Owen is the son of the house owners. He thinks he can stay there while they are away .. Rosie has other ideas.

But in true romance fashion .. Owen soon becomes rather attractive to her & Rosie finds herself torn between the two … but life isn’t that simple. There are many secrets to unearth, bush fires to contend with & family issues to resolve & Rosie’s loyalty is put to the test.

I can’t praise this book highly enough & happily give it 5 stars.
Thanks to the author & Brook Cottage Books for my advance copy in return for my honest review.
Profile Image for Laura.
3,187 reviews318 followers
November 13, 2015
Two damaged strangers sharing one magnificent house in bushfire country outside of Melbourne, Australia.
Rosie, the contracted house and pet sitter, and Owen, the home owners' nomadic, adult son with no plans to settle surprise each other in the middle of the night.
Each of them has a fractured relationship with their parents, ech of them is hiding deep secrets, but those seem to be the only things they have in common.

Rosie has an absent boyfriend and likes to play strictly by the rules, safety and security are her goals. Owen loves freedom and change. Life is not worth living without some risk.
They seem so different. Can they possibly survive together long enough to become friends?

Has fate actually crossed their paths more than once?
Will each discover what they truly desire?
A good steady pace full of emotional upheaval, the reader can feel the tide turning before the main characters will admit it to themselves.

Most novels I have read try to portray a period dialogue or fit American English protocols. I really enjoyed the Australian English this was written in.
I even discovered a new favorite word!

I did receive this book in exchange for an honest opinion.
Profile Image for Abby Vegas.
Author 3 books49 followers
April 2, 2016
Delightful. Hits all the right notes.

What Rosie Found Next....I just loved this book! Great characters, lively setting, a touch of mystery, and just the right amount of romantic sizzle. The story grabs you right away and doesn't let go, and by the end of the book (which elicited an audible squee as I was reading it) I was totally invested in Rosie's journey - and Owen's as well. Uplifting and sweet. Loved it.
Profile Image for Mayda.
3,020 reviews57 followers
October 13, 2022
Rosie’s job as a house sitter is interrupted when the owners’ son shows up unexpectedly. He wants to search his parents’ home for information pertaining to a secret they are keeping from him. Rosie just wants to fulfill her job requirements. Neither wants to leave, and so they form a truce of sorts, and both stay. Rosie has always wanted safety and security, and she thinks she has that with her current boyfriend. But now, she is beginning to realize that maybe life could offer her that and more. It’s a lovely romantic story, as these two protagonists have to come to grips with what is really important, and then decide what to do about it. This well written tale is peopled with likable characters who are acting in an intriguing plot, and is set in a place that may be dangerous to both. Author Helen Rolfe never fails to deliver an entertaining tale, and this one proves her writing worth.
16 reviews1 follower
May 29, 2020
I do like this author very much and thoroughly enjoyed every word of this book. This is the first book of hers that I've read that is set in Australia and, as Australia is my favourite holiday destination, it was win/win for me.
The characters were totally believable, and the descriptive passages made me think I was there; I could smell the smoke from the bush fire and feel the terror. I was just so pleased that George was saved!
Can't wait to read more of Magnolia Creek.
Profile Image for Angie Hackett.
950 reviews4 followers
November 16, 2018
Good

This was a good read. The setting was amazing, the characters were three dimensional and interesting.

This was a well written book and flowed seamlessly. I did think Rosie was a bit silly for heading back into potential danger but it was worth it in a way.
69 reviews
February 28, 2019
A book you can't put down!

I loved this book, the story was so good and loved all the characters in it. I couldn't put it down, as I wanted to know if it would have the happy ending I hoped for. Look forward to reading the follow up book
8 reviews
January 28, 2019
Lovely, easy reader

It captures the reader through simple yet relatable storytelling. Emotional yet funny, it's a book I couldn't put down. Brilliant
Profile Image for Megan.
137 reviews
June 6, 2019
This is such a charming book. I love watching relationships growing in the book and this was no exception. I really want to know what happens next for Rosie

X
5 reviews1 follower
June 12, 2019
Great read

Lovely light hearted book to read kept an interest from beginning to end great story and a lot of laughter Helen keep them coming!!!
Profile Image for Betty.
655 reviews7 followers
September 20, 2020
A very interesting read set in a great location. Haven't read many books set in Australia and I found this one very satisfactory. Well written and a good plot. Will read more of hers, I'm thinking.
Profile Image for Ria.
136 reviews17 followers
July 2, 2016
Helen J Rolfe's latest book, What Rosie Found Next is set in Australia, a place I have always wished to visit. I didn't need to think twice before requesting it since I knew that I was gonna like it, the description promised me a good romance with a touch of mystery and the fact that it is set Australia made me too eager to read it.

The novel tells the story of Rosie and Owen. Rosie Stevens has started her house-sitting at Magnolia Creek, as the owners have gone to London for a short time. She is longing to settle down somewhere like Magnolia Creek with her boyfriend, Adam, who is currently working in Singapore. Owen Harrison, the eldest son of the owners, shows up in the middle of the night, not knowing about the 'house-sitter' his parents had arranged. He has come home in search of a secret his parents had been hiding from him all these years. Rosie is adamant about leaving the house-sitting and Owen is confused about how to tackle the situations. The rest of the story revolves around their friendship which slowly grows into a more beautiful relationship, the mysteries and more!

I liked the novel and loved the characters. Owen, a nomadic with a heart of Gold and Rosie, an altruist and good at keeping secrets and Bella- Owen's sweetheart. The spark between Rosie and Owen was crystal clear. Owen realizes it at the beginning itself, whereas Rosie seemed rather flustered about it. She couldn't hear the inner voices, as she always put Adam's choices at first. Still, I liked every banter and chat-ups and occasional flirting they had ;) and the gradual development of their relationship too.

Even though, I wasn't really grabbed by the story then. It's fast-paced and sounded very relaxing; everything was happening so fast with no hints of mystery. But it really got into me by the half. I didn't want Adam in the picture just like Rosie did, but only her, Owen, and their friends. The plot thickened when Owen found 'the box' and I became impatient to know it all and kept reading on. His mother's secrets moved me to tears, it was heartbreaking! The life of the firefighters was an another element I liked. Helen has captured the emotions well in each passage that I had to blink back the tears; very emotional, heart touching scenarios. The story doesn't end there, it kept surprising with more twists and turns and I was forced to change my opinion; from a relaxing book to an engrossing one!

I wished to read more about Owen's Dad and Mom, once the secrets were revealed. I think, I have to wait until the next book is published. I will definitely be reading more Magnolia Creek stories. This book made me blush, smile, laugh and cry. The novel has romance and mystery as well. You can also experience the unpredictable Australian climate with the rainy evenings and scoring hot sun at daytime, the irresistible charm of Magnolia Creek and a Harrison's Christmas too. Perfect to read at anytime. Why don't you grab a copy today?
Profile Image for Rachel Strong.
Author 3 books4 followers
September 10, 2016
What Rosie Found Next is the second book by Helen Rolfe that I have read, and I can honestly say she is fast becoming one of my favourite authors.
Australia is a place that I am dying to visit, it has been since I was a little girl, but with astronomical flight prices and a husband terrified of spiders, who regularly tells me that there are a lot of spiders Down Under, I can’t see us visiting anytime soon, and so I have become a bit of a sucker for books set in Australia. What Rosie Found Next, the first book in the Magnolia Creek series, drew me in right away, just because of where it was set, a little Australian town outside of Melbourne, and I found it hard to put down. I was on holiday and I devoured the story in just one day!
I loved the way that Helen described Magnolia Creek, it had me wanting to jump on a plane and visit it myself, despite the fact I know it’s a fictional place.
The story starts with Rosie arriving in Magnolia Creek, to house sit for the Harrison’s whilst they’re away in London for a funeral, and to start her new job at Magnolia house. Rosie is looking forward to having some peace and enjoying the fabulous house that will be her home for the next few weeks.
I found Rosie’s character easy to like, all she really wanted was her boyfriend, Adam, to come back from his job abroad and for them to buy a home of their own and settle down. But Adam was pretty blind to Rosie’s feelings and only thought about what he wanted, which made me start to dislike Adam quite a bit.
On her first night, alone in the house, Rosie is just settling down to sleep, feeling pretty nervous about being on her own in a new town, when she hears noises downstairs and discovers Own, the Harrison’s eldest son.
Owen knows there is some big family secret that his mother is keeping from him and, with his parents away, he decides it’s the perfect opportunity to have a snoop about. But what he didn’t bargain for was Rosie!
Neither Rosie or Owen are happy that other is there, they both just want to get on with what they’re there to do and for a while it’s extremely awkward. Once they both accept that this is the way it has to be, and Rosie lets her guard down, they settle in to a happy routine and rub along together nicely, and fast become friends.
The chemistry between the two soon starts to fizz, making Rosie question her relationship with Adam and, when he appears at the house, things start to get even more mixed up for Rosie.
I enjoyed this book so much, I think the speed at which I read it shows that! I loved both the characters, and Owen just sound so dreamy, and I really was rooting all the way through for a certain outcome.
Helen Rolfe is a fantastic author who draws you in with brilliant descriptive writing and What Rosie Found Next is must read, five-star book!!!!!
I cannot wait for more from Helen and Magnolia Creek!
Profile Image for Suze.
1,878 reviews1,310 followers
December 9, 2015
Rosie combines her new job with house sitting. She temporarily moves to Magnolia Creek and instantly falls in love with the area. Rosie has a boyfriend, someone who's safe and secure. She wants a stable, dependable future. Only her boyfriend is working abroad, so her dreams can't come true yet. Rosie expects to be on her own in the house she's supposed to take care of, but Owen, the son of the owners, wants to stay at the house as well. He's searching for something and it's important he's doing that while his parents aren't there.

At first Rosie and Owen don't really get along, but soon they become good friends. Rosie loves her job and her surroundings. She's dreaming about a beautiful house and everything that comes with it. Owen needs to discover what happened in the past, something that has everything to do with him, but he isn't allowed to know what it is. Will both of them find what they are looking for?

What Rosie Found Next is a lovely, sweet story about two people who haven't had the easiest childhoods. Rosie has been through something very sad and she could use some more cheerfulness in her life. Owen loves to travel, he's a free spirit and he's a tough guy who rides a bike. Underneath he has a heart of gold and I immediately liked him very much. Rosie is kind and caring and she has a lot of love to give. I really liked that about her. I enjoyed reading about their friendship and interaction. I love how Helen J Rolfe lets food play a vital part in her stories. What they like and how they prepare it reveals so much about people, about who they are and what's important to them. She uses it to make her characters come to life and it works.

Magnolia Creek is prone to fires. It's a beautiful setting, but the area isn't risk free. It was interesting to read about the firefighters. They're doing such a meaningful and brave job. The story taught me more about what they do and how they do it. Fire plays a key part in the book, something that's being revealed bit by bit.

For me the best part of this story was the interaction between Rosie and Owen. I read the book in one sitting as I kept being curious. Something else I really enjoyed reading about was Christmas. It was fun to read about the way both Rosie and Owen were celebrating the holiday and even though What Rosie Found Next isn't a Christmas story it definitely has enough Christmas magic in it to make me feel festive. I love Helen J Rolfe's writing. All of her books are amazing and I highly recommend them.

Profile Image for Sharon Booth.
Author 40 books48 followers
November 22, 2015
This is another lovely story from Helen J Rolfe. I loved Magnolia Creek and could picture it very clearly in my mind, thanks to her beautiful descriptions of the town. I'm delighted to see that there will be further books set in this lovely location.
Rosie is a great character. She arrives in Magnolia Creek for work reasons - she is looking after a house while its owners are away, and will have the place all to herself. Except, the owners' son has different ideas. He has arrived back home, knowing his parents are out of the way, and he is on a mission. Owen knows there is a secret that his parents are keeping from him, and he wants to know what it is. While he has the house to himself, he is determined to find it. When he finds Rosie installed in the family home, it's a huge inconvenience to him.
Rosie's not that keen on sharing the house, either, particularly with this stranger who doesn't seem particularly welcoming. Things between the two of them start off quite awkwardly, understandably, but as time goes on they begin to develop a rapport. The arrival of Rosie's boyfriend, Adam, throws up some interesting questions that she has been trying not to dwell on. Is Adam the right man for her, after all?
With Owen still intent on discovering what his parents are keeping from him and Rosie trying to sort out her feelings for Adam, both are on a hunt for the truth, and their search ensures they become ever more entangled with each other. Then a bush fire breaks out close by and the action cranks up a further gear. Danger is coming closer. Will there be a happy ending for Rosie and Owen?
I have never read books set in Australia (apart from The Thorn Birds) until I started reading Helen J Rolfe's books, but I've really enjoyed both this one and Handle Me With Care. The setting is so well described, and the terror of the ever present threat of bush fires is really brought home in What Rosie Found Next. The actual fire scenes were gripping. I could feel the heat on my skin and the smoke choking my throat as I read. I would definitely recommend this novel, and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next in Magnolia Creek.
Profile Image for Simona.
613 reviews108 followers
November 13, 2015
*Book provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review*

The story follows Rosie Stevens, who just started house-sitting in Magnolia Creek. She went through a lot in her past and just wants to be cared for and safe. Her boyfriend Adam is barely there, always far away in another country for work. They wanted to settle down and buy a house, but it never happened. I wasn’t sure from the beginning what to think of their relationship, I just felt that Rosie wasn’t happy and didn’t understand why she never did anything about it.

Owen Harrison arrives at his parent’s house and there she is Rosie. They have a bit of a rocky start, but after a while they start to enjoy each other’s company and talk a lot. They spend a lot of time together and had a connection from the start, they’re banter is unique and they way they call each other ;). Owen realised his feelings pretty fast, but it took Rosie much longer. With Adam still popping by and being there, the situation didn’t get easier.

Connected to the house is also a secret around Owen’s mum, of course that’s bound to be discovered, but by whom? Let me just tell you that there will be some misunderstandings.

To be honest: I took me quite a while to get into this book, which was weird, because I fell in love with the idea immediately. I guess I have expected something different and sadly enough I just couldn’t relate to Rosie at all and her thoughts and decisions made me crazy sometimes. Some scenes in the storyline were flown over or just happened really fast and that was a pity in my eyes.

There were still some great moments in this story and I really enjoyed it, especially towards the end.

I really liked Owen, following him around was great and his feelings came across beautifully in this book.

The setting and the surroundings in this book are just fabulous, I absolutely loved hanging around the house with Owen and Rosie and their scenes were by far my favourites. Helen has a fresh, young voice and I the ending of this book is fab!!! I really want to hear more about Owen’s and Rosie’s lives.
Profile Image for Luccia Gray.
Author 12 books109 followers
November 21, 2015
Now and again you read a wonderful book that’s like taking a holiday. No stress, no fussing, just relaxation and enjoyment. That’s exactly how I felt when I read What Rosie Found Next by Helen Rolfe. It’s no spoiler to say that there’s a happy ending, and that’s something the reader senses right from the start, but how to keep the reader interested? It’s not an easy task to convince the reader to keep turning the pages, but Helen Rolfe succeeds delightfully. What’s her recipe? She makes sure we’re interested in the characters and the plot. I was really interested in Rosie and her life, which was at an emotional and professional crossroads, and of course, I was also interested in Owen’s family secret. It was fun to watch their interaction, from his first unexpected intrusion, moving on to friendship, and more. There were also some ups and downs to the romance and twists in the plot, mainly due to a love triangle, including Rosie’s boyfriend, and Owen’s family secret.

I loved the setting in Magnolia Creek, in Australia, including various visits to nearby beaches. It was also interesting to read about how the population prepares for and deals with bushfires. I’m impatiently looking forward to reading more books in this series.
Profile Image for Jessica Redland.
Author 26 books692 followers
January 23, 2016
I absolutely LOVED this book. One of the best I've read in ages. Rosie is a house-sitter who longs to settle down in her very own home, but her boyfriend, Adam, works overseas so it doesn't look like this is going to happen any time soon. When taking up a house-sitting assignment in the stunning Australian setting of Magnolia Creek, things don't quite go to plan when the home-owner's son, Owen, turns up in the middle of the night and wants her out.

Rosie's a fabulous character; warm and instantly likeable. She's trying to come to terms with a difficult past but Owen is also doing battle with secrets from his past only he doesn't know what the secrets are ... yet. He's a great character too who you don't like at first, but then absolutely adore as the layers of his personality unfold.

I don't want to give any spoilers away and I might do so if I say any more. What I will say is that this is a truly wonderful book. It's a lovely story with fabulous characters. I loved the story and the setting. It had great pace and drama with an incredibly satisfying "ahhh" ending. I just wish Amazon had more stars available as 5 isn't enough!
Profile Image for Mandy Baggot.
Author 48 books627 followers
April 28, 2016
I loved the time I spent in Magnolia Creek with Owen and Rosie! All the characters were so real and you couldn't help but get caught up with their lives. Rosie, for me, was the stand out character, really believable and likeable. Owen was just damn hot! I could imagine him in and out of that fireman's uniform and the biker leathers!

A lovely romantic story about relationships, secrets and overcoming the odds. Recommended!
2 reviews
March 29, 2016
Just nice

I usually read thriller books, but when I'm tired a good romance novel is my go-to. I read this in maybe 2 days, the book depicts typical rural setting with over-positive descriptions of the beauty of the place. I liked that the climax wasn't really focused on the romantic aspect. All in all, I would say it's a nice read.
Profile Image for Lyn.
152 reviews
March 4, 2016
This is a nice well rounded story, which I really enjoyed. It held my interest from start to finish, but it wasn't a book that I couldn't put down. There is a mystery, conflict, action and romance. I gave it a 4, because it's not quite a 5.
Profile Image for Dee.
178 reviews2 followers
April 2, 2016
A pleasant, untaxing read.....
Profile Image for Laura.
21 reviews
April 15, 2016
Perfect

Just the pick me up read I needed! Can't wait to read more magnolia creek novels I'll be downloading them now!
Displaying 1 - 30 of 31 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.