Start by marking “Will & Patrick Meet the Family (Wake Up Married, #2)” as Want to Read:
Will & Patrick Meet the Family (Wake Up Married, #2)

Will & Patrick Meet the Family

(Wake Up Married #2)

Follow Will & Patrick as they cope with the fallout from their Vegas wedding in this second installment of the romantic-comedy serial, Wake Up Married, by best-selling author Leta Blake and newcomer Alice Griffiths!

Meeting the family is challenging for every new couple. But for Will and Patrick, the awkward family moments only grow more hilarious—and painful—when they
Published November 10th 2015 by Leta Blake Books

To ask other readers questions about Will & Patrick Meet the Family, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Will & Patrick Meet the Family

Wendy
Re-read 2/17/19 see review with books 6 & 7

Wow..this series is awesome, I just can't get enough !! Onto book 3 :)

3,5 stars from me !
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5 Stars!

Still having a lot of fun with Will and Patrick.

Sometimes this is just the kind of book you need in your life.

You can see glimpses of things changing between Will and Patrick. And I am definitely looking forward to the romance developing.

In the meantime, I am enjoying Patrick's verbal diarrhea and Will's utter awkwardness!

I will say, I hope Ryan doesn't become a problem for me.

~Mindy Lynn~
I enjoyed this much more than I did the last episode. This time around we meet Will's family and his ex-boyfriend.

I can't really say that I like Will's mom, Kimberly all that much. She hated Patrick on the spot and the feeling was mutual. He didn't hold back his sharp tongue and let her have it. And I enjoyed it. LOL
I am still unsure about the Uncle. I don't know if I like him or not. He's a bit of a mystery at the moment. I know he's as protective of Will as Will's mom is, but he doesn't come
A Girl Has No Name
4 stars!

I really enjoyed this second installment, finding out more about Will and Patrick has been great! And I can feel them developping into one of my favorite m/m couples more and more. They are really special, not like most of the characters you encouter in m/m literature. They aren't easy, they are sometimes difficult to understand, you want them to act different from what they do most of the time, but you still fall in love with them!

Apart from the characters, the storyline is equally sp
Debra
Full review originally posted at Sinfully... Addicted to All Male Romance.

This episode picks up right where the first left off (you definitely can’t read these as standalones); time to meet Will’s mom! Remember how I mentioned in my review of Episode #1 how much I liked Patrick and his snark? I now love Patrick, his snark and the fierce protectiveness he is feeling towards Will.

The meeting with Will’s mother Kimberly, and his Uncle Kevin goes about as well as anything has gone for these two so f
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Getting better and better.

I jumped right into Will & Patrick Meet the Family right after the first installment, and I read it straight through. I definitely think things are going in the right direction!

I think the chemistry and affection is really starting to ramp up, and I'm digging the banter whereas before I was a little unsure if Patrick was a dick or not (now I think he's a dick, but sort of a good dick!).

And the sexual tension! Whew! I like that these authors are keeping me on my to
* A Reader Obsessed *
As Will & Patrick wait impatiently to have their marriage dissolved, they find it hard to keep feelings from forming as they try to keep up appearances. Bit by bit, things are revealed and you can see their resistance slowly being worn away.

A nice little seque as they get settled, as familiarity breeds like, and the UST continues to build. These guys need to get their heads out of their asses pronto!
Ariana
Apr 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
This is the one with least action and you will need patience, but oh so good!
At least as good as #1. Absolutely brilliant UST.

Patrick is a lot nicer than he lets on. But he's simply unable to deal with feelings of any kind. He's got ONE pair of friends (and I do wonder how he has managed that many!) The man definitely has got emotional issues.(More about that in episode 4!) But he really likes Will. So much. And he won't admit it to himself.
Will reciprocates the feeling, even if he tries dogged
Tess
Nov 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: age-gap
4 stars

Yes, this series is growing on me! I enjoyed this more than book 1. I particularly enjoyed watching Patrick as the layers are slowly, slowly peeled off and we learn he's not quite the asshole he likes to pretend to be. I love his protectiveness of Will and how he's always watching out for him in every way. On the other hand, we see a little more of Will's ex (Ryan) here and he is a complete jerk. In an almost OTT way.

I'm also getting more used to the present tense, and it didn't bother m
Keira Andrews
The second episode of this serial is just as delightful as the first. The authors have created a really fun world for Will and Patrick -- I love the town of Healing and its residents. Poor Patrick has gone through the looking glass! Will's family is quite a handful, to say the least.

The UST between Will and Patrick continues to build, and I can't wait for it to boil over into sexcapades and reluctant feels. (Full disclosure: I edited this story. But I genuinely love it!)
Susan
May 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
So much (family) drama…

description

And I seriously cannot believe Will still wants to get back with his incredibly douchey ex, who treats him like crap (and all Will does is roll over and take it).
CrabbyPatty
Great second episode in the Will & Patrick saga! Some scattered thoughts -- In Will & Patrick Wake Up Married, Will was the focus; in this episode, Patrick is in the spotlight and I gotta say he is heroically well-adjusted given his childhood issues. Getting to know Patrick is a delicious slow burn.

We finally meet Ryan and yes .... he is a straight-up prick and should be cranially adjusted with a shovel. I love how everyone in town says the word doctor like it's a profanity and Patrick
Melissa
Ahhh, this is just so gooooooood!!! I never doubted my memory - I knew it was good. But revisiting these guys again is just so scrumptious! :D These guys are fighting their feelings every step of the way and I am just bouncing in my seat with eager giddiness because I know what is coming. This is a must read series and I highly recommend. Especially since Leta Blake has recently released a new book in the series. Fun, fun, fun!
❧Bookish Berkeley Girl❧°•Gwendolyn •° ❧
Okay..

This one had no smexy, not a bit of steam.the love saga is sweet. I love this couple. I love the concept. What I did not care for is the present tense writing. And the fact that it is a serial/saga. Sigh....
Elsbeth
Aug 27, 2016 rated it really liked it

*3,5 stars*

Okay, I've been patient enough with Will & Patrick.

Give me some lovin now!!!

description
Amanda
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
This series is definitely picking up. In 2nd book, Patrick have to meet Will's dysfunctional family and try to settle down in the Podunk town. Patrick is as infuriating as ever and I love him. Will one the other hand is such a poor thing, in fact he is a total doormat. Whenever his beloved ex, Ryan showed up on page, I just turned murderous. If this is really a mafia story, I would want someone to just settle him. What the fuck is wrong with the guy? I can't imagine Will spent so many years with ...more
Chris, the Dalek King
All attempts to make Patrick seem like a good guy in comparison with Ryan have failed because the author seems to have underestimated my ability to hate more than one character at the same time.
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3.5 Stars***

Things are definitely starting to pick up.

Patrick and Will are starting to bond and get to know each other. And my lovely, snarky, and gruff Patrick is letting is ooey gooey and vulnerable side start to show.

Will is still taking some time to warm up to....mainly because I have ZERO idea what the hell he sees in his ex, Ryan. The guy's a grade A asshole.

The sexual tension is also starting to amp up, and I can't wait to see how much longer these two are going to keep fighting the
Veronica of V's Reads
This is the second installment in a serial that needs to be read in order.

Will and Patrick have been back to Will's hometown of Healing, South Dakota for a couple days, and Will has more 'splainin' to do. He's enlisted the help of his grandmother, Eleanora, to help get them out of this marriage, and had his first confrontation with his new ex, Ryan, and neither was pretty--but now he needs to introduce Patrick to his mother. Oy vay!

Nobody in town likes Patrick, and that's not just because his qu
Kara
Oct 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
This book was such a awesome addition to this series! This is not a stand alone so you need to read the first book in the series before you read this one.
So in this book Patrick gets to meet Will's family and let me say Will's mom gives a new meaning to mother-in-law from hell. Patrick is his usually snarky self with everyone which I loved! There is just something about his character that draws me in and has me laughing so hard at the things he says. Then there was poor Will I just want him to
Amy
Nov 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Episode 2 picks up right where Episode 1 ended. Will and Patrick have been summoned to go meet Will's mom. She's heard about their quickie marriage through the small town grapevine.

Not a whole lot happens in this installment. We meet more of the people in Will's life.... his mom Kimberly, uncle Kevin, Ryan (the ex-boyfriend), Andy (the owner of the diner), Jenny (townie who befriends Patrick at the coffee shop), Owen (Will's friend and AA sponsor), and Don the chief of staff at the hospital. Pr
Deanna Against Censorship
I will review the entire series because it must be taken as a whole. I loved the main characters. They were snarly and prickly and sweet fun. How could you not like a story that has these lines in it:

Luckily, Patrick isn't impressed by pretty women. Being gay is sometimes a tactical advantage.

and

Meeting the in-laws is something Patrick never thought he'd have to do. He'd rather eat yak brains or visit Russia in winter or set himself on fire. Okay maybe not set himself on fire. But he'd be down
Sherry Bohrmueller
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Will and Patrick Meet the Family
M/M
5 stars

I was given this book by Inked Rainbow Reads for an honest review.

Book 2 in the Vegas Marriage of Will and Patrick. This book was just as good as book 1. Patrick gets to meet Will's family. And of course Patrick can't hold his tongue. Oh my I just love his snarky attitude. And the things he does voice are hilarious.

Once again I enjoyed this book very much. Definitely need to read these books in order. Looking forward to reading more about Will and Patr
Pjm12
I continue to swallow this serial whole and cannot wait for the next one. It was lovely to see Patrick come to his own in the hospital and really show his skills and enthusiasm. He continues to devour food in a most sexy way.

We got to more of Ryan, and man! His relationship with Will was a scary thing. His cruelty towards his ex was hurtful and unnecessary. I wish Will could see what damage Ryan is doing to him.

Will is hiding Patrick. They need to get out more. But they also need to be making mo
Annie ~ Queer Books Unbound
Jun 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads, ebook, i-own
Really liked the first one, and this one was just as good. I LOVE Patrick and his snark!
Already started the third one. Definitely recommend them. ^_^
Alisa
So Will and Patrick are back in Will's town and they're kind of muddling through things. I
I'm liking them both. Will's family though? And his ex? Horrible people. I hate them all.
Katerina
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Better and better. I just love these guys!
Anne-Marie
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq-favourites

Episode two! This serial is getting so good!

In this episode Patrick gets busy at the local hospital, meets Will’s mobster mom and nonna, finds friendship in Jenny and meets Will’s infamous ex Ryan. Will tries to deal with his conflicting feelings: his love/hate relationship with Ryan and the undeniable attraction to Patrick.

I’m going to have to fangirl over Patrick for a bit:

I love Patrick McCloud so, so much! I love how unapologetic he is. His honesty is downright offensive at times,
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥

I enjoyed this installment alot. Patrick is hilarious. I loved that both guys are opening up more. We get to see a different side to each one of them. We also got to me Will's mom. Ha, I loved the initial meeting at the house. Of course all Patrick cared about was his stomach? This man eats alot. I like that he cares about Will and make sure his sugar never drops. For a person who was against this from the beginning he sure is doing a good job. Outside of the whole mob situation, I lik
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• His Fateful Heap of Days (More Heat Than the Sun, #8)
  • Guardians Of The Haunted Moor (Tyack & Frayne, #5)
  • The Merchant of Death (Playing the Fool, #2)
  • Lane’s (Life According to Maps #3)
  • The Parting Glass (In a Dark Wood, #2)
  • Forever (Spy vs. Spook #3)
  • Turkey in the Snow
  • Patient Eyes
  • Sock it to Me, Santa!
  • Love Can't Conquer (Love Can't Series, #1)
  • Oath Breaker (Oath Breaker, #1)
Author of the bestselling book Smoky Mountain Dreams and the fan favorite Training Season, Leta Blake's educational and professional background is in psychology and finance, respectively. However, her passion has always been for writing. She enjoys crafting romance stories and exploring the psyches of made up people. At home in the Southern U.S., Leta works hard at achieving balance between her da ...more

Wake Up Married (7 books)
  • Will & Patrick Wake Up Married (Wake Up Married, #1)
  • Will & Patrick Do the Holidays (Wake Up Married, #3)
  • Will & Patrick Fight Their Feelings (Wake Up Married, #4)
  • Will & Patrick Meet the Mob (Wake Up Married, #5)
  • Will & Patrick's Happy Ending (Wake Up Married #6)
  • Will & Patrick's Endless Honeymoon (Wake Up Married, #7)
“Patrick wonders if he’s going to have PTSD from all this trauma. He’ll forever have flashbacks to being trapped in this South Dakotan hell every time he hears sleigh bells. The” 0 likes
“And perhaps another man couldn’t have tempted you to pledge yourself in marriage to begin with. Maybe there’s something bigger here?” “Owen,” 0 likes