Start by marking “Family Ties (Captured #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Family Ties (Captured #3.5)

Family Ties

(Captured #3.5)

Is blood really thicker than water?

Elizabeth Ann Stewart is a confident young woman who has been studying hard at university and working in her fathers hotel. For as far back as she can remember, all she has wanted to do is manage Stewart Hotel and Country Estate on the bonnie banks of Loch Lomond.

Libby has a lot going for her. She has a close relationship with her parents
Published December 15th 2015 by Clydeside Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Family Ties, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Family Ties

Tracey
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-copy
Ive read all the books in this series but only just read this the prequel! This is a little insight into Libbys life before Mr Matthews and she is with Jeff........

Jeff is horrible, treats her like a 1950's housewife, expecting her to be at his beck and call.

One night changes her life, she becomes an auntie and loses a good friend, its all very sad - even If I knew what was going to happen from other books in series. Libby steps up and takes over like the characther/person she is - doing so cau
Wendy Porter
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic and well written story. You get to know the family and everything they have went through. This story is linked to The Captured Heart series by Karen. I loved it so much and will be adding the series to my tbr. I would highly recommend to others as a must read.
Fiona Wilson
Dec 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads
I love the authors Captured series and couldn't wait to read this novella. I mistakenly thought it would be from after the events of the series. When I started reading I discovered it was better than that, it's the story before the series starts.

Being a novella I read this quite quickly, in one sitting. I loved seeing the events which led up to where we first meet Libby in the series. We follow Libby, and her brother Ethan, through a heartbreaking event in this story, and we really see the depth
April   ♥"LOS" ♥
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Even knowing what was going to happen in this book made it hard to read. After reading book 1 we know that Ethan, Libby's brother, lost his wife on the day that his daughter was born. This book takes us back to that fateful day and how Libby lives through this unexpected tragedy. Seeing her interaction with Jeff (her then boyfriend) puts everything else from the series into perspective. This is a nice addition to the Captured Series and gives some addition insight into the relationship between E ...more
Maxine
Jan 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved the captured series so was really pleased when I started reading, it's about how Ethan copes with the death of his wife Lindsay and the birth of his daughter Lucy.
Libby not only has to deal with losing her friend and looking after Lucy and Ethan she also has to help her brother get to grips with his grief.
This is very well written and heart wrenching as I was crying almost immediately, this bring the books together by giving us the insight into Ethan and Lucy 's beginning.
Emma bramley
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
this is a novella to the capture series, you can read this before the other 3 books or after. this is a short prequel to the series that you'll want to read. this is a very well written novella that you just have to read in one sitting. this novella is heart wrenching from the beginning and makes you want to read the the other straight away.

highly recommended

Suzie
Dec 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fab

Having read all 3 books in the series, this novella pulls it all together by giving us more of the background story of Libby and Ethan. Read it in one sitting and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Diana Reeves
Dec 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Family first

I love the closeness of Libby and Ethan. Libby is one strong woman to take on raising her brothers newborn daughter Lucy, after losing her best friend and Ethan's wife in a car accident. Glad this part of the series filled in about the problems Jeff had caused Libby.
Melissa Schaub
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was such a nice addition to Libby’s story and it is a great preview into Ethan’s story! I love how close knit this family is and I can’t wait to hear more about Ethan!!
K.M. Lowe
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I would have loved this at the beginning to break us into the story of Libby and Ethan...However, this was a lovely, heart touching novella. It was a look into events before the captured series begins. The connection Libby and Ethan have as twins is beautiful. Just reading about the heartache Ethan is going through is touching. Yet tough love is what brings Ethan around. Watching his daughter cry while Libby is on the phone snaps him out of his depressive state.

A good novella to let the readers
Lady Living  In Bookland
Apr 29, 2016 rated it really liked it

This novella tidied up all the loose bits and ends I wanted from the first story in the Captured Series. Showing the lead up to Ethan's darkest days and weeks after losing his wife. Seeing the Stewart family all pulling together - mainly his twin, Libby to do the care of his Abby daughter is isn't emotionally or physically capable of whilst he deals with his guilt and grief.

Excerpt:
I suddenly feel fearful of the journey that lies ahead for Lucy, Ethan and myself.

Really beautifully done and high
Sarah H
Apr 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
This novella in the Captured series is a prequel to the start of book 1. It can be read after the first 3 or before you start the series. For those that have already read the first 3 books it’s a must if you want to know what happened with Libby and Jeff and Ethan and Lindsay.

Although this is a short prequel it is my favourite of the Captured books so far.
tania
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

What a short but heart wrenching book, I loved how Libby takes on Lucy and loves her as of she was her own.

Poor Ethan, Im glad tho he started wanting to know Lucy

So well written and sad I cryed reading it

Thank you Karen for an outstanding series
Maureen
May 03, 2016
Julia Conway
Feb 02, 2016
Karen Frances
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Katrina Norris
Ashley Anne
Jan 27, 2017
Judy
Oct 27, 2016

• The Edge of Hope (Bad Blood, #1)
  • Billionaire Dragons' Fated (Treasure Lane Dragons, #3)
  • Indigo Road
  • Slaving Over Christmas
  • Survival Game (Men of London, #9)
  • Gambling on Her Bear (Shifters in Vegas, #2)
  • Crocuta Crocuta (Bound Gods, #5)
  • Ten Mile Bottom
  • Hell In Heels (Magical Forces #1)
  • White Noise (Unexpected #2)
  • Sinfully Spellbound
  • Satyr from the Shadows (The Cursed Satyroi, #3)
  • Remember Me Always
  • Redemption (Chronicles of the Fallen, #2)
  • Dying to Date (Fated Match, #2)
  • The Shifter's Choice
  • Trigger (The Pericolo Series)
  • Fate Kissed (Phoenix Rising, #3)

Captured (5 books)
  • He's Captured my Heart (Captured #1)
  • He's Captured my Trust (Captured #2)
  • He's Captured my Soul (Captured #3)
  • She's Captured my Love (Captured, #4)