Start by marking “Miss Match” as Want to Read:
Miss Match

Miss Match

(Perfect Match #1)

When Samantha Monteiro launched Perfect Match, Inc. a few years ago, she never imagined her matchmaking business would be booming while her own love life floundered. When her business partner drags her out of hiding to attend the wedding of one of their successful client matches, she meets a dancer with a dark past and a penchant for secrecy who excites her in a way she ha ...more
Published May 17th 2016 by Bold Strokes Books

To ask other readers questions about Miss Match, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miss Match

Start your review of Miss Match
Lex Kent
Shelves: f-f-bsb-romance
I feel like I'm one of the last people, in the lesfic universe, to read this book:) I have wanted to for a while, but honestly just forgot about it. With book 2, Unlikely Match, coming out shortly, this gave me the kick I needed to finally read this. I'm happy to say I really liked this. This is a sweet romance and I enjoyed every second of it.

The two mains in the story are Samantha, a professional matchmaker, and Luce a PR executive. I thought this might turn into a story of Luce going to Sam t
Diane Wallace
Apr 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
For a debut book it was incredibly awesome! very good writing,perfect romance novel,wonderful love story with lots of depth and family drama plus steamy sex scenes. Added to this book was a lot more scenes between both of the main characters that was utterly charming and very indeed cute for this storyline along with the dialogues and great supporting cast which in particular helped this story even though neither woman was looking for love yet there is an unmistakable attraction and flirtation.. ...more
Tiff
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is what I would call a good old-fashioned romance. No, there are no bonnets or horse drawn carriages. What I mean is Miss Match by Fiona Riley is a true romance in every sense or the word. There is no craziness or sub-plot, it’s just two ladies that meet, find each other attractive, and move forward through highs and lows of true love. This is a romance and it is so very good!

Samantha Monteiro is a match maker. She runs a company that finds personalized love matches to the wealthy of Boston
Pin
Miss Match is a nice romance with two likable main characters, a solid storyline, good dialogue and a sweet love story. Not much angst or drama, but a lot of hot and well-written erotic scenes -- much more than average for a romance novel. I wish it were the other way around, but if you like that kind of stuff, you will not want to miss this one.

3.5 stars, rounded up considering it's the author's first published novel

May 2, 2016

*ARC provided by publisher via NetGalley*
Sprinkles
Just recently, I've been whining (to myself in particular), yearning for another pure romance with all the fixings: chemistry, humor, believable drama, hot lady leads, nice writing, good cover art, etc. All that. Then, Fiona Riley's Miss Match dropped like a hot mixtape and I clicked 'buy' as soon as I could. This quenched my thirst while simultaneously getting me hyped for Riley's next book!

Ah, I'm trying to do this story justice. Idk about y'all, but I'm completely into the frills, designer, g
Marilyn
This book was just what I was looking for. Low angst, lots of good feels, and well-written. I am looking forward to reading the next two books in the series. I'm sorry it took me so long to find Fiona Riley. She's going directly from my authors-I-have-not-read shelf to my favorite-authors shelf.
Luce
4 Stars for the Audio book. A re-read, this time the audio book. It is read by an excellent narrator, Melissa Sternenberg. I've listened to one other book she has done, Embracing the Dawn.

Because Book 2 of the series, Unlikely Match is coming out in a couple of weeks, I decided to re-read Book 1. I enjoyed it as much as I did the first time. It is a pleasant romance with a bit of angst, but IMO mostly just bumps in the road, as they navigate their new relationship. Samantha (the professional Ma
Tara
This is a sweet, sexy romance with quality banter, which I always love. It's so damn cute, I just loved it. 4.5 stars.

Read my full review here: http://www.thelesbianreview.com/miss-...
Pippa D
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lesbian-romances

Samantha Monteiro is busy finding the perfect match for the very wealthy, along with her business partner and best friend Andrew. Rebuilding the business after a tricky breakup with her ex, Samantha works at every aspect of matchmaking, including nurturing the dancing skills of her clients.

Lucinda Moss runs a PR firm with her best friend Brian. An ex-dancer with a difficult past, Lucinda still manages to find the time to teach people how to dance. Working with Samantha, perhaps Lucinda
MJS
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice debut novel

I got this to read because I received the second story in the series from NetGalley and even though I'm sure I could read it as a standalone, I prefer to read books in order.

This is a nice, sweet romance. There not too much drama, and what there is is handled fairly well, without tedious repetition or overblown dramatics.

I liked both characters, but even though they spent a lot of time together, I felt like my knowledge of them and their motivations was somewhat superficial. We'
Agirlcandream
May 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Impressive debut novel. Miss Match is a sweet romance starring two beautiful women who meet and fall in love. The author strikes a nice balance between their work lives and the more intimate moments between Lucinda and Samantha. The conversations shared feel natural and unforced, their histories point to the strong and confident women they are in the present. These two women deserve to find their HEA. And yes, there are lots of sex scenes to keep the hungriest romantics happy.

I was concerned tha
Linda
Seems like I’m a bit late to the party but anyhow this is my 2-cents worth.....

This was a great read and a very well-written romance between Samantha and Lucinda - both so very feminine and sexily described in the book. Both are high-powered hot & beautiful ladies, in their own rights with strong likeable characters (which is such a turn-on). They found love with each other quite early in the book and what follows is a whirlwind romance with lots of hot sexy scene. Throw in a little bit of angst
Netty
Apr 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was just what i needed, very simple girl meets girl with lots of mind blowing sex scenes, the characters were very likable, nothing complicated about this book at all, i will admit some of the sex scenes did become a little repetitive for me but that didn't taint my experience nor my rating.

I understand this is her first published book but to be honest i didn't notice this through her writing at all, i thought it was written very well with no editing issues....

So if your looking for a quick
Nikki
Oct 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbt, romance
I enjoyed the characters in this, liked how honest and open they were with each other. When there was an issue, they were quick to discuss the problem and fix it between them. They were overall very sweet with each other and showed a lot of integrity with themselves and others. Honest communication can be super satisfying, but it can also have a downside, as it requires an external conflict that is big enough to counteract all the adorable togetherness.

As for the relationship itself, I wanted mo
Heinerway
After reading all the great reviews, I was expecting a wonderful novel. It is certainly a very sweet story. But... it is rather flat and dull, with the exception of the hot sex scenes. There are no ups and downs, and very little happens until the very last chapter of the book.

In any case, it is an enjoyable read.
Gaby LezReviewBooks
May 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
I've received this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This is a very entertaining slow-burn romance. It's the story of two women falling in love, as simple as that, with no big dramas or angst. I have to admit that I didn't expect this story judging from the book's title and cover but, as the saying goes, don't judge a book by its cover...

This is Fiona Riley's first book but it doesn't really show as it is very well written and fabulously edited by Bold Strokes Books. The char
Penny
Pretty refreshing read.

As others reviewers said, there's not much drama. Two women meet, date, fall in love, life throws in a few obstacles, they don't fret too much over them, happy ending.
I liked the dialogues and there were a few scenes in which I vaguely felt like I was reading a Melissa Brayden novel (that's a HUGE compliment).
Too much sex scenes, though. I skipped them most.

It's a 3.5 that deserves a round up.
Anja
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love love love this book, finally a good old romance with two enjoyable and hot characters and an unbelievably awesome energy and chemistry between them. Thumbs up for this one. Hot inside and out
Patricia Foort
What a great book!! The sensual chemistry between the MC’s was of the charts. The banter between them and between Samantha and her best friend Andrew was funny. Both women were in my eyes beautiful. The sex was hot 🔥🔥🔥 and there was plenty of it. There was little angst, but the angst that was there was understandable at both sites. And there was a great epilogue. So yeah. I loved it!!! A tiny bit more angst and it would have been more than 5 stars.
Paradise Lost
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: f-f
It took me a while to get into this, but by the end I was totally invested. I think, actually, I've liked every Fiona Riley book that I've read so far. And this was no exception. Looking forward to the other books in the series.
Les Rêveur
Samantha Monteiro Co-owns a Match Making company with her best friend. The unfortunate truth is that Samantha has love life is not much to be desired and that’s not good advertising for someone trading where love is the currency. When she meets Lucinda Moss, a Executive by day and Dance Teacher by night, sparks fly but Lucinda is used to keeping any romantic connections at a distance… but something about Samantha makes Lucinda want to forget her rules…

I was shocked to find out this was Fiona Ril
Just a man's point of view
Miss Match is certainly a pleasant reading. It’s sophisticated, it’s sexy, even elegant in its descriptions.
The two main characters are rich and beautiful, one blond, athletic, dancer-postured and blue eyes, the other is latin-american, dark skinned, dark eyed and sexy like hell.
In conclusion, this book is a paradise of femme lesbians and of glamour. A lot of sex blends everything for a success recipe.
Maybe a bit too much sex, I dare to say. I would have preferred less sex and more story.
The at
Willow
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: f-f-romance, 2017
I enjoyed a lot this novel. The characters are well constructed and the dynamic they have is perfect. Sweet romance story without angst, which i have to say sometimes suits the novel better. I'll read the second part for sure.
C. Mack
Jun 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have just finished this as an audio book and I can honestly say I had forget what a sexy read this is...perhaps not always ideal in the car in the way to work, I kept getting paranoid in traffic jams that people walking by could hear what was being read!
Despite this still enjoyable, but the story did feel different read out, with some parts making me roll my eyes. Definitely finished stronger than it started.
Arien
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
A pleasant but predictable and in parts boring read. There's only so much you can read about perfect beauties and them having sex until it gets old and frankly this is all pretty standard for the genre.

Jacob Proffitt
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a really straightforward romance, though with likeable characters and good chemistry between them. I liked both Samantha and Lucinda and particularly enjoyed how well they fit together.

Lucinda is a little over the top on the accomplishment side having reached the pinnacle of professional dance and now rocking the PR world as a top executive (while maintaining a dance studio after hours. And boxing, apparently. And cooking like a dream). Riley actually does a great job showing her at wor
lov2laf
This is a decent, straight forward romance and I'd rate it in the high 3 stars. The drama and angst are minimal and, thankfully, there's no insta-love. Samantha and Lucinda come together at a believable pace and express deeper feelings later on after their relationship has developed. The two leads have a natural chemistry and their interactions are enjoyable.

There's a certain level of fantasy element hit because both Samantha and Lucinda (especially Lucinda) are nearly perfect in looks, ability,
Morgan
Nov 02, 2019 rated it liked it
3 stars.
For me this story was just ok. The story itself was perfectly acceptable, so it took me a long moment to understand why I found it lacking.
I believe that when writing a book the author must walk a fine line between being overly descriptive and not at all. In this case, it was not at all. It was to the point where at times I forgot which character was which because of the lack of descriptive details. I couldn’t picture them in my mind so I had to distinguish them by name only.

This pare
Lexxi Kitty
Not really sure what to write here. Unfortunately, I found this kind of flat and meh (barring an event that occurred near the end that has me thinking of putting this book on my 'mental illness' shelf).

For whatever reason I spent the majority of the book having trouble keeping track of which was Samantha and which was Lucinda. One or the other worked as the head of a division at some marketing/public relations company and was also a dancer (this is Lucy , right?), while the other worked for a m
~ * K E L L I E * ~
Miss Match takes us into the lives of Samantha Monteiro, a co-owner of Perfect Match Inc, who prides herself on finding ‘perfect matches’ for her clients, and Lucinda Moss, a PR executive at the top of her game. Samantha and Lucinda meet at a wedding (a wedding of one of Samantha’s clients) and instantly feel an attraction to each other.

This was an enjoyable romance, however I didn’t love it like fellow reviewers seemed to. For some unknown reason I just couldn’t immerse myself into this book.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Do-Over
  • Thursday Afternoons
  • Alone
  • Casting Lacey
Fiona Riley was born and raised in New England where she is a medical professional and part-time professor when she isn’t bonding with her laptop over words. She went to college in Boston and never left, starting a small business that takes up all of her free time, much to the dismay of her ever patient and lovely wife. When she pulls herself away from her work, she likes to catch up on the conten ...more

Perfect Match (3 books)
  • Unlikely Match
  • Strike a Match

News & Interviews

“You see hope in dark places and defend true love. You’re saving happy endings and giving them out because you believe in love, even if it’s a hard road.” 0 likes