Start by marking “The Systems Mindset: Managing the Machinery of Your Life” as Want to Read:
The Systems Mindset: Managing the Machinery of Your Life

The Systems Mindset: Managing the Machinery of Your Life

Fix the machinery of your life . . . and serenity and wealth will follow.

Starkly compelling in its simplicity, in The Systems Mindset: Managing the Machinery of Your Life, Sam Carpenter expands on the core inspirational element of his business bestseller, Work the System: The Simple Mechanics of Making More and Working Less, now in its third edition.

Mindset is your path to
Published May 3rd 2016 by Greenleaf Book Group Press (first published February 9th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Systems Mindset, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Systems Mindset

Start your review of The Systems Mindset: Managing the Machinery of Your Life
Sanjin Buzgo
Mar 03, 2017 rated it did not like it
50% OMG when you get it, you'll never be the same!!!!
50% did you get it yet?
0% "It"
Fernando Suarezserna
While the core of this book is useful and the author (a self-made millionaire) is a living proof that his system works, my opinion is that he makes a lousy job at writing, mainly because he doesn't provide practical examples of "the system mindset" he preaches throughout the whole book.

The "mindset" sounds almost as if it were metaphysical, even well into chapter 17 the authors states it will be like an epiphany when it finally hits you, and in the final chapter he even compares it with the movi
Avi-Gil
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
I was greatly anticipating this book after reading Sam Carpenter's first book (Work the System) twice. Work the System is a great read, even for someone with a corporate job rather than a small business owner/entrepreneur. (You can get it for free at Workthesystem.com, just as this one is available at thesystemsmindset.com)

This book never really gets off the ground. Carpenter restates his central principle many times, and it reads like a series of blog posts rather than a book. Each chapter pret
Avishaan
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mgmt, blog-books
Very little actual substance. Great idea in theory and one that aligns with my worldview but the practical content was lacking
Jessica Olson
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
i really enjoyed this book. it was well written and easy to follow along and understand the writer. i have some co-workers that would benefits from reading this book.
Tom Smith
Jan 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Much more accessible than work the system. However I read the later fist so maybe that’s the secret formula to understanding the concept. I now crave more insight into similar ways of thinking from different authors. Surely he’s not the only one? Any leads?
Kathy Heare Watts
I won a copy of this book during a Goodreads giveaway. I am under no obligation to leave a review or rating and do so voluntarily. I am paying it forward by passing this book along to a business organization that offers business skills, hope, and dreams to be used in their ministry.
Kevin
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Good ideas, but his earlier book explains them a lot better.
Heidi
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
I didn't care for the question and answer format. ...more
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned-books
I am so happy to have read this book " The Systems Mindset",managing the machinery of your life by Sam Carpenter which i won on goodreads first reads for an honest review.
I found so many wonderful things about this book that i just cant put them all here.the most important aspect of this book is the understanding of what and how to learn to manage the controllable parts of ones life.
I would have like it if the author made this book more into a workbook an had more questions for the reader.there
Tikri /Letitia
Jun 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Received the paperback version as a Goodreads Giveaway, also downloaded the eBook at http://www.thesystemsmindset.com
Refreshingly optimistic. I liked it and will utilize the principles. 'The Systems Mindset' espouses the adoption of a functionally deterministic “outside and slightly elevated” viewpoint of your world. Sam Carpenter calls this “getting it.”
It’s simple, analyze the systems in your life. Action #1 leads to #2, #3,,, to outcome N. Then refine the processes to make them efficiently
Daniil Marchenko
Feb 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
Grab a cup of your favorite beverage and sit down with a man who has lived his life. Pick up some wisdom as he tells you what he knows, and move on to bigger and better things. This book is well-written, with short chapters that don't meander like most books of this genre. Short and to the point, this book covers the basics of using procedural thinking in everyday life. ...more
Margot Borden
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
Interesting, practical, no nonsense, pragmatic approach to demystifying or taking the emotion out of and taking charge of the systems in our lives. It goes a little too far in some places becoming more reductionistic/mechanistic in terms of ethics and our connectedness at a universal level.
Ja Ruiz
Feb 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
I think is a subjective perspective of the world we live. It has some quotes you can reflex about it and try to put it on march at your daily life.
Ton Boelens
Dec 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
I think it is not as inspiring as it could be. Nevertheless, I do not regret reading this book.
Pam Thomas
May 12, 2016 rated it did not like it
Found this an interesting book on adapting a mechanical approach to life and viewing the world not in rose tinted glasses but by using the physics of life.
Joe
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was ok
Just seems like one long ramble. Very few actionable points. God is mentioned far too much. Avoid this one and read his other book
Heiko
Pablo Ratz
Jul 27, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The One Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results
  • Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers
  • The New One Minute Manager
  • Leadership and the One Minute Manager: Increasing Effectiveness Through Situational Leadership
  • Body by Science: A Research-Based Program for Strength Training, Body Building, and Complete Fitness in 12 Minutes a Week
  • Self Leadership and the One Minute Manager: Gain the mindset and skillset for getting what you need to succeed
  • The Bottleneck Rules: How To Get More Done at Work, Without Working Harder.
  • Tribes: We Need You to Lead Us
  • The Practice: Shipping Creative Work
  • Anything You Want
  • Existential Kink: Unmask Your Shadow and Embrace Your Power (A method for getting what you want by getting off on what you don't)
  • Do the Work
  • The Dip: A Little Book That Teaches You When to Quit (and When to Stick)
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • Spellbreaker (Spellbreaker Duology, #1)
  • Brave New World / Brave New World Revisited