Start by marking “DOLL PARTS: Tales of Twisted Love” as Want to Read:
DOLL PARTS: Tales of Twisted Love

DOLL PARTS: Tales of Twisted Love

A haunting trio of short stories about love, obsession, and secrets. Each short story is titled after a song, The National's Apartment Story, Placebo's Scared of Girls, and Skunk Anansie's Post Orgasmic Chill.

Apartment Story
A lonely married woman nostalgically rekindles a friendship with a former lover and the apartment they shared. Dark secrets and mysteries surround th
Published December 8th 2015 by Twisted Wing Productions

To ask other readers questions about DOLL PARTS, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about DOLL PARTS

Start your review of DOLL PARTS: Tales of Twisted Love
Melissa (Mel’s Bookshelf)
Nov 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5 Stars
Firstly, the cover of Doll Parts is fantastic! When I first saw it I was compelled to check it out! I feel the cover gave a fairly accurate indication of the mood of the three stories. Especially the second story.

There are three short stories in this book. Their names are all based on songs. I wasn't sure if the author got inspiration from the songs themselves, or merely the name of the songs, but I thought it would be fitting to listen to them in combination with the
Elle's Book Blog
Dec 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC copy of this book via Xpresso book tours! Thank you!

:: 4 Twisted Stars ::

I was very intrigued by the idea that surround this book – Twisted and morbid tales about seemingly normal people who begin to discover their own dark possibilities. And I have to say that the author certainly delivered! These stories are in fact dark, twisted, and morbid. But they are also a lot of fun if you enjoy these types of stories. So I have to say when I was reading each one of them I was shock
Sarika Patkotwar
Nov 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Short stories are my absolute favourites to read, but more often than not, they end up leaving me disappointed because I want more. Very few short stories have managed to impress me, and DOLL PARTS: Tales of Twisted Love
was definitely the finest and most meticulous collection of short stories that I have read. The book is composed of here thrilling and absolutely astounding stories; which I have reviewed separately.

Apartment Story-

This story blew me off completely. Although I hate admitting that I
Lynda Dickson
Oct 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Ages 18+
Doll Parts is a collection of three stories of obsession and love that is not bound by convention.

In "Apartment Love", Marilyn, now marred to Stefano, recalls the time she spent in her first apartment with her female lover, Ava. What happens when Ava shows up again after all this time?

In "Scared of Girls", Marzio and Viola are soul mates, or so she thinks. Manu finds himself strangely attracted to both Marzio and Fuxia, an exotic dancer at his club. What secret is Marzio hiding?

"Post-Or
Laura  Hernandez (TheVoluptuousBkDiva/YABkDivas)
I received an eARC in exchange for an honest review when I signed up to host the book tour. I made no guarantee of a favorable review and the opinions expressed here are my own.

This book was simply fantastic and I enjoyed reading each individual story. All were well written with strong characters and the world building was amazing and it is a fast paced read. Each story shocks and awes and the author's writing techniques are simply on point!
Kari (BookandCoffeeLover)
I received a copy of this book from Xpresso Book Tours in exchange for an honest review.
A very eclectic mix of short stories that highlighted human nature and sexuality. I really enjoyed the first two stories, but I struggled finishing the last one (though perhaps that was the point). Intense, realistic, LGBT+ characters dominated this entertaining read.
Phoebe Jane
Dec 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: met-author, ebooks
This review was originally posted here on my blog phoebejanewrites.wordpress.com.

There is something about short stories that is simply wonderful. As much as I love diving between the pages of an amazing novel, slipping into a short story collection can be so relaxing. It’s like breaking into a Kit Kat bar: you get four pieces of chocolate in one package. Short story collections allows the reader to savor a story, maybe even pause and reflect on all the events or jump into the next piece of chocolate.

As the year comes to a close, I find myse
Ashley Ehlers
Nov 17, 2015 rated it really liked it

Originally posted on Paranormal Sisters: http://paranormalsisters.blogspot.com...

*Was given a copy from the author in exchange for my honest review*

My reaction after reading each story-

Apartment Story: Ohmigosh, that ending! I was standing on my toes waiting for the reveal of what was going on and then when it's starting to get good, it ended! Why?! I have two theories of what happened at the end and I won't talk about them because I don't want to spoil anything but oh my god, I want to know what happe
Debbie
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book.

A collection of three twisted tales.

Apartment Story.

By far, my favourite of the three. A bored married woman comes back in touch with an old lover, and the apartment they shared. But something is going on in that apartment and Mary has no idea what it it.
Told in the first person, its weird, but in a very good way! We don't get fully whats going on, not at all. Or maybe I should
Alison
Dec 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was offered this book & I have to admit I was immediately curious about the cover .. at first glance it seems cute if you only survey the face & hair .. look a little longer & the broken aspect sets you up for the content.

This book is made up of three short stories, all with different subject matter but with a common theme of despair, torment & pain. I can’t say I ‘enjoyed’ reading it because that is definitely not what this is aimed at, it’s certainly not light ent
Christine
Judy
Ally Swanson
Jeanna Massman
Dec 10, 2015
Born in Catania, Sicily, she has led a nomadic life since birth. She has lived in various European cities and Cuba, and currently resides in the Los Angeles area. Always an avid reader and writer from a young age, she loved entertaining her friends with ghost stories. She loves horror movies, cats, and a good rock show. She dislikes Mondays and chick-flicks. CUT HERE, her debut paranormal urban fa ...more