Start by marking “IMAGINES: Celebrity Encounters Starring You” as Want to Read:
IMAGINES: Celebrity Encounters Starring You

IMAGINES: Celebrity Encounters Starring You

Anna Todd (#1 internationally bestselling author of the After series) headlines this unique anthology of “imagines”—the first book of its kind—stories from Wattpad writers that immerse you in a fantasy world of fame, adventure, and flirtation with your favorite celebrities.

Imagine running around the city, dodging paparazzi with Jennifer Lawrence…

Imagine Justin Bieber setti
Published April 26th 2016 by Gallery Books (first published March 29th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about IMAGINES, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about IMAGINES

Emily
Feb 24, 2016 marked it as to-read
Sigh.

Look, I've got nothing against fanfiction. There are some really awesome ones out there, and I admire people who can make something fresh out of their favorite fandoms. That's imaginative. That's fun.

But honestly, what the fuck. Like what the fuck.

I could not give less of a shit if these people wrote these fanfics for their own amusement and posted them online. There are millions of people who do that. But as soon as you try publishing them, for profit, WITH THE CELEBRITIES NAMES STILL IN T
Figgy
Mar 02, 2016 marked it as probably-not
Ugh.

Just... ugh.

I really hate the culture of fan fiction about real, living people being published for profit. It's just... Well, it's a lot of things, but at its very foundation it's just creepy.

Aaaaanyway, this description lost me for good at:
Imagine selfies have been outlawed, making Kim Kardashian a freedom fighter who needs your help in bringing justice and good lighting to the people…
Yes, because if there's one thing the world can't live without, it's selfies. *eye roll*
Lynn Rainbow
May 21, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
This sums up my opinion on this:

This might be the most embarassing idea for a book I've ever heard of. I read part of the Daniel Sharman's one (the one, btw, that it's written by Anna Todd) and I just could not even finish it. The writing itself wasn't terrible, but the story was so full of clichés that... ugh. Being Daniel one of my favorite actors and people, I just couldn't read this stuff. Like... I kept trying to imagine what he'd think reading it, since it is not approved stuff.
Is publis
Kevin Fanning
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm in this book so grain of salt or whatever but listen: 5 stars alone for Kat's story about Nick Bateman, "Knockout", which is one the most weird, interesting, and original short stories I've ever read, period, let alone in RPF. I had no clue who Nick Bateman was before reading this and it did not matter. I say this to anyone who will listen but remember the name Katarina Tonks, she is one of the most amazing writers anywhere right now.

Other favorites include Anna's story about being trapped
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
I learned about author Anna Todd over the past couple years with her YA collection, the After series. I actually read the whole series and was made crazy by her. So I figured that this would be a cool book to check out as she has a chapter in here as well.

Loaded with over 600 pages and at least 25+ different authors, this is an interesting collection of stories that range in length, all having to do with the imagination of the author as they were as if they were involved with a celebrity in some
Crystal
Apr 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really didn't know what to expect when I first started reading because well lets face it, we all have our opinions made when it comes to most celebrities. I went in with an open mind and was pleasantly surprised. They all range in length, but were all very well written.

I think we can all agree that we love it whenever we get to see a different side of a celebrity, one that shows them in a different light, and makes us change our perspective of them. With these short stories I was able to do th
Brina
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Kurzgeschichten mag ich allgemein ganz gerne, bei Fanfictions bin ich jedoch grundsätzlich skeptisch, sodass ich auch nicht sicher war, ob "Imagines: Dein Star ganz nah" tatsächlich mein Fall ist. Da hier jedoch die Bestsellerautorin Anna Todd als Herausgeberin auftritt, wurde ich doch neugierig, sodass ich dem Buch eine Chance gegeben habe. Leider muss ich jedoch sagen, dass mich die Kurzgeschichtensammlung letztendlich doch nicht so begeistern konnte.

An sich fand ich so manche Geschichte ja ga
lexie
Mar 07, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
I'm done with this world.

34 rozdziały, każdy poświęcony innej, popularnej osobie (lub grupie). Sama myśl o tym, że czytałam fanfiction o połowę starszym ode mnie mężczyźnie przyprawia mnie o zawroty głowy. Dodajmy do tego drugoosobową (?) perspektywę, słownictwo wahające się między paplaniem bez ładu i składu a bardzo mocnymi przekleństwami, zdarzenia, które nigdy w normalnym świecie nie miałyby miejsca - ale hej, to fanfic, tu wszystko jest możliwe! - i mamy gwarantowaną potrzebę ucieczki w dzi
Samantha
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Okay. let me start off by saying I only bought this book to read Scarlett Drake's part and that's the only part/story I read out of this. And she was so good, you may think that "imagines" is a cheesy teeny twitter story made but it's not. Scarlett's part had an amazing ending and left me wanting more. It was very surprising and well written. If you need a reason to buy this book, just read her part and you'll be amazed.
Matteo Fumagalli
Videorecensione:

Racconto 1: Kevin Fanning - Fare Selfie e Abbattere Il Patriarcato con Kim Kardashian

Voto: 1.5/5

Racconto 2: Annelie Lange - Supereroe In Lista D'attesa

Voto: 0/5
Darly
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm really enjoying my book and the star-studded cast. Every story is unique and well-written, it's difficult to say which one is my favorite! This is one anthology I'm happy to say I own.
Claire
Apr 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
this was great!
Katharina | katharia
Einige Stories waren ja echt nicht schlecht, vor allem die mit Daniel Sharman (Anna Todd), Justin Bieber, Supernatural oder 1D. Aber dafür war auch so viel Mist dabei, der einfach sinnlos oder so krass unnatürlich ist. Schade.
Lobo
Po pierwsze nie osądzajcie mnie, piszę teraz po sześć godzin dziennie i po wszystkim mój mózg to galareta, nie dam rady czytać nic sensownego. Po drugie, przeczytałam to for science, kolejne poświęcenie na ołtarzu rozwoju fantropologii. Po trzecie... to nie było takie... złe?

Inaczej, było okropne, cringowałam przez większość opowiadań tak, że chyba mam skręt kiszek, najgorsze były opowiadania z ludźmi, których znam i lubię, albo znam i nie lubię, a inni się nad nimi spuszczają, ale każdy ten ro
KathyAnne
Apr 19, 2016 marked it as did-not-finish
I do not read fanfiction so I really had no idea what I was going to get when I opened this up for a read. I didn't want to read all of the stories so I picked a few at random. I guess fanfiction just isn't my thing because even though the stories were short none of the ones I picked out held my interest at all.
The stories are written so that "you" as in "you"... yeah "you"! are the main character which I did not like at all. I think it would have been funnier if the stories were just written a
SmartBitches
Jun 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: c-grade
Full review at Smart Bitches, Trashy Books

Full disclosure, I’m drunk right now. Not like, super drunk, but buzzed. I’m also going through one of those phases where I don’t have the focus to read an entire novel so I was looking for something in the short story category. Hence Imagines.

Imagines is a giant-ass book of RPF (real person fic) by a variety of Wattpad authors. I hadn’t read RPF before (it’s like fanfic, but features actual celebrities rather than the characters they play) and I discove
Sergei
Apr 26, 2016 rated it did not like it
Thank god I'm a fast reader.

All right. This is an anthology from about 30+ writers about celebrity encounters, some romantic, some not. This book loses any love for me for a few reasons.

1) they didn't get permission from the celebrities involved and yet they are getting $$$$ off these folks' names. (And yeah, I know that tabloids do that, but I don't think that's right either and do we really want to encourage more of that?)

2) the stories are boring and predictable (seriously, just imagine wha
Kira
Apr 26, 2016 rated it did not like it
I'm so sorry! Please don't hate me, but I really don't like this book.

It's not just that it's wrong for them to be making money off these celebrities. It's that the stories are boring. Why should they get paid when other people are doing loads better fanfiction for free?

Mother of Troy, people. This is bad and it is not fun to read. Don't waste your time on it. Please. Just so much...ugh
Madison
Mar 09, 2016 marked it as to-read
I see imagines all the time on instagram and I don't like them because they are always so unrealistic and cheesy but I will give this book thingy a try. I might not like it because I don't look at an attractive celebrity and think "Oh wow I wish he was my boyfriend" I just don't. I never have and I guess that's weird? So imagines don't do anything for me.
CrazyForRomance
Ho impiegato una settimana a leggere questo libro. No, non ho avuto impegni lavorativi e no, non mi sono fatta distrarre da serie televisive. Semplicemente questo libro non mi ha preso. Non ci siamo proprio.
Il primo racconto su Kim Kardashian è stato qualcosa di così surreale che leggendo pensavo “Ma che diavolo s’è fumato l’autore?”. Sì, perché era un uomo. E lì ho storto il naso per l’immagine superficiale che l’autore ha di noi donne, come se la nostra vita potesse finire se, in un universo p
Emma Sonck
May 26, 2016 rated it did not like it
I picked up this book because I have read Anna Todd's writing before and enjoyed it. It also sounded really good. I liked the idea of all the short stories together. Overall it just sounded interesting.

I am aware that these are Wattpad authors and their skills very, but with some of these stories I was not impressed at the style at all.

Overall this book wasn't bad. I loved the idea of it. Reading this though there where a lot of celebrities that I didn't know. I like to think that I am mostly
Rashad Gibson
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: No one
This is the sort of book that really should have been better edited. While there are a couple decent stories, nothing in this book is worth the price tag. It's essentially slightly more polished real person fanfiction, which you can find for free at Wattpad or Fanfiction.net or A World of Our Own or almost anywhere else.

Most of these stories are pretty boring, drear, and self indulgent.

It's sort of cool that this book is the first of its kind. But yeah, pretty poor stuff. You'll be better off b
Jennifer Lynn
Jun 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
The idea behind the book was fun. I remember the books as a child where it put the person into the story and this book attempted that same concept. While I did enjoy reading everyone's short idea of celebrity encounters there were just too many stuck on making it boy meets girl and awwww... my favorite was a Kim Kardashian one where the world has banned selfies which I thought was unique, interesting, and that the writer's imagination was outstanding.
Jessireads
May 22, 2016 rated it did not like it
Ho letto solo le prime quattro novelle! Non sono riuscita nemmeno a terminarlo (non mi era mai capitato prima!) NOIOSO e senza senso è dire poco!
Booksaremybestfriends
Neupreis Dt: 11,99€ e-Book/ 14,99€ Broschiert
ISBN: 978-3453420038

unbenannt_7

Pink, pinker, „Imagines“
Das knallpinke Cover schreit einen fast an, so grell und schön zugleich ist die Farbe, damit hebt es sich optisch von Anna Todds anderen Büchern farblich ab. Im Stil ähnelt es ihnen aber trotzdem. In schwar
☆M I C H E L L E☆
Questo libro contiene tante fanfiction, ma non come io le ho sempre lette. Quando ero alle medie ho letto alcune fanfiction, ma erano come dei libri con i miei cantanti preferiti. Invece queste sono Imagines, cioè ci sei tu dentro, e mi sono chiesta perché non ho incominciato prima a leggerle.
Tanti autori hanno contribuito alla realizzazione di questo libro, alcuni di loro mi hanno coinvolto più di altri, ma in generale le storie sono fantastiche.
In ordine di scrittura:
Fare selfie e abbatter
Ptiteaurel
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Il y a quelques années, je lisais énormément de fanfictions. Nous étions à l'époque de la saga Twilight et j'ai lu essentiellement des fanfictions avec les personnages ou les acteurs de ces sagas. Qu'est ce qu'une fanfiction? Il s'agit d'un récit où le fan rédige une fiction avec les personnages ou l'univers d'une saga. Ainsi , il y a eu des multitudes de FF comme on les nommait à l'époque et que ce soit en VF ou en VO, j'en avais des tonnes dans la PAL.

Le site fanfiction est depuis parti aux ou
Eva Hechenberger
Feb 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017
Das Buch besteht aus diversen Kurzgeschichten zum Thema Fanfiction mit einem prominenten und so lesen wir uns hier durch die unterschiedlichsten Themen mit den unterschiedlichsten Stars. Auch von der Länge der Geschichten variiert es sehr stark, manche sind länger, manche kürzer.
Mir haben die Geschichte hier gut gefallen. Ich könnte jetzt bei einer der Storys eine gewisse Präferenz hervorheben und von daher denke ich auch, dass für jeden Leser was dabei ist. Allerdings gibt es auch manche Storys
Phillip Guillory
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, 2017
It's interesting how polarizing this book is, but all in all, I found this to be a fun collection of stories. I'm not a celebrity aficionado, per se, but enjoyed the ride all around. I got this because I'm a long-time fan of Kevin Fanning (teehee) (Taking Selfies and Overthrowing the Patriarchy with Kim Kardashian was one of his best yet), and love that I got introduced to such a diverse and engaging group of writers. As with any volume of this size, there's a few stories that didn't quite grab ...more
What's this??? ☺ 1 39 Oct 16, 2015 09:25AM
  • No Excuses: A Memoir
  • The Monsters In Your Neighborhood (Monstrosity, #2)
  • Muhammad Ali: Unfiltered
  • Reality Ends Here
  • Beautiful Boys (Beautiful Bastard, #1, #2, #3)
  • Hexomancy (Ree Reyes, #3)
  • The Reluctant Reaper  (The Reluctant Reaper, #1)
  • SEAL Survival Guide: A Navy SEAL's Secrets to Surviving Any Disaster
  • Corliss (Girls of Spindrift, #1)
  • Reconstructing Brigid
  • Baby Needs a New Pair of Shoes
  • Once Upon Now
  • The Stuff: Unlock Your Power to Overcome Challenges, Soar, and Succeed
  • Deceptive Innocence: Part 3 (Pure Sin, #1.3)
  • Majix: Notes from a Serious Teen Witch
  • The Killing Hands (Sophie Anderson,  #4)
  • The Soul Collector
  • The Hunt (Rachel Benjamin, #4)
Anna Todd is the New York Times and #1 internationally bestselling author of the After series, The Spring Girls and The Brightest Stars.

Hailed by Cosmopolitan as “the biggest literary phenomenon of her generation,” Todd began her career on the social writing and reading platform Wattpad where she wrote stories on her phone, publishing a chapter almost daily for over a year. Her hobby soon became h