Start by marking “Start Next Now: How to Get the Life You've Always Wanted” as Want to Read:
Start Next Now: How to Get the Life You've Always Wanted

Start Next Now: How to Get the Life You've Always Wanted

More than inspirational puffery from a life coach; Bob Pritchett's Start Next Now is blunt, funny, practical advice on how to get ahead from a successful entrepreneur with 440+ employees. It is a kick in the pants and an actual plan that can advance your career before you even finish the book. Which won’t take long, because it’s short.
Published October 20th 2015 by Kirkdale Press

To ask other readers questions about Start Next Now, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Start Next Now

Start your review of Start Next Now: How to Get the Life You've Always Wanted
Mark Jr.
Feb 24, 2016 added it
Shelves: 2016
I don't normally read anything that has "Self Help" on the back, but since my CEO wrote this book and I got a free copy I thought I'd give it a shot. I actually happen to think he's a good visionary leader; I don't just say it because I work here. I also figure I might as well get some insight into the way the top guy thinks if I'm going to do well at this company. I felt like I was rewarded with genuine wisdom rather than vapid, platitudinous pull-yourself-up-by-your-bootstraps pablum.

I don't t
Farnoosh Brock
Nov 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Disclaimer: I received a free copy of Bob Pritchett's book, Start Next Now, and here is my honest product review.

From the description: "This fast-paced book provides you with an actual plan to start achieving your goal before you even finish reading." So it's a quick read, motivational to light a fire under you and to get you going, to make you feel responsible for your life and your dreams, and to give you pointers here and there about the next steps in your education, career, or business, but
Nathan Runke
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Second read through of this book. Still a good book that I'd encourage everyone to read at least once. Has a lot of good advice for young people who often struggle with making decisions and just taking that first step. It's definitely a motivational book, but still has some good truths that one can learn from.
Jerry
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: professional
I love Bob Pritchett's "Fire Someone Today". It is one of my favorite books. But I thought this [very] short book was rather pedestrian. Very little here that isn't common sense or already outlined elsewhere.

---------------
I noticed Amazon and Goodreads have a slightly different meanings to their 5-point scale. I thought it was odd to have a different rating for the same book on two different sites, so I came up with my own scale below. For the record, it is fairly close to Amazon's scale, but a
Mark Nichols
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Brief and insightful. Had I read it 20 years ago I would have added the fifth star! Not quite my demographic.
Mike Sr.
Mar 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Own Your Career

Great, quick read designed to help anyone take responsibility for their career, or what's left of it. Very practical advice with actionable suggestions in every section.
Nathan Parker
Nov 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An excellent, concise book from Bob Pritchett, the CEO of one of the Bible software companies I heavily do business with. Every business leader or anyone wishing to get ahead in life should read this book. It's a short read but chock full of wisdom that is practical and essential for everyone.
Chris
May 23, 2016 added it
Great book. Easy read. Can finish in one setting. You will learn and grow from having read it.
Tim Hoiland
Apr 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vocation-work
A short, punchy book with great insights about being intentional with your career goals.
Babajide Ajayi
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a book that encourages you to take the next step in the plans you have and that you do it now. It is encouragement from someone who has done it and is doing it.
Great Book
M. L. Feather
Jan 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Liked the first part of the book better than the last. Practical advice to actively and purposely pursue your dreams.
Breanna

• SPIN Selling: Situation Problem Implication Need-payoff
  • Holiness
  • You can pray
  • Make Time: How to Focus on What Matters Every Day
  • Woke Church: An Urgent Call for Christians in America to Confront Racism and Injustice
  • None Like Him: 10 Ways God Is Different from Us (and Why That's a Good Thing)
  • Never Split the Difference
  • The Pundit's Folly: Chronicles of an Empty Life
  • The Grace of Repentance (Today's Issues (Wheaton, Ill.).)
  • Today Matters: 12 Daily Practices to Guarantee Tomorrow's Success
  • The Unwritten Laws of Business
  • Church Leadership & Strategy: For the Care of Souls
  • I Can't Make This Up: Life Lessons
  • Born Standing Up: A Comic's Life
  • Keep Going: 10 Ways to Stay Creative in Good Times and Bad
Bob Pritchett co-founded Faithlife Corporation (makers of Logos Bible Software) and serves as President/CEO. Bob speaks regularly at industry conferences and to academic groups on entrepreneurship, electronic publishing and digital libraries. He is a 2005 winner of the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year award, and was included in the Puget Sound Business Journal's 40 Under 40. Bob lives with h ...more

News & Interviews