Start by marking “How to Marry Your Wife” as Want to Read:

Read Book

(Medieval Romance )

What foul devilry is this? They told her he was dead. After six long years without a word, her knight falls onto his knees and sings poetry. Then he denies their son? Heed this well. She’s no longer an innocent who’ll giggle and tarry on his every word. The sharp edge of her tongue and knife is the only welcome he’ll get. She’ll not marry him. The pain would be too much to ...more
Published November 18th 2015 by Soul Mate Publising

Debbie DiFiore
Kristi Hudecek-Ashwill
"How to Marry Your Wife" is a medieval romance that started with a bang and slowly lost its luster, I'm sorry to say.

Meredith (Merry) and Thomas met when she was just 16. He was a bit older, although the author didn't mention just how much older. It doesn't matter anyway. They fall madly in love, get married in a non-traditional way, and he is called to service as a Knight of the Templar.

He comes back six years later to discover he has a son and that Merry has stayed true to him, despite the fa
MaryD
I just couldn't get into this. I finished it, but found myself skimming huge sections. There were a number of errors which always irritates me, and the characters were all one-dimensional.
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
This was an excellent historical romance that kept me on the edge throughout the story! http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/reviews/...
Stella Alden
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)

Reviewed by April Gilly for Readers' Favorite

How to Train Your Knight by Stella Marie Alden is the story of Ann, a woman who learned from a young age that men are hurtful and to be feared. With one failed marriage that ended suddenly when her husband died, Ann is afraid for her life when she is forced to marry again, this time to a man who is known for his fierceness on the battlefield and nicknamed The Beast. Marcus, The Beast, has been charged with marry
Adri Sinclair
Nov 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book made me enjoy history in a way I have forgotten I could. It was a romance, a love-story, a family's tribute to life and generations of loving...
But it was a subtle reminder of the history and the re-kindling of a bygone era, shown in a fresh new look.

The characters are vivid, the setting is and experiences are fitting of the times it was written for - the language beautifully crafted.

The book has a heat rating of ... beautiful. Okay, that IS my opinion, but it has lusty chemistry an
InD'tale Magazine
2.5/5.0

This story leaves no time to waste with a quick and steamy love scene that has very sexy descriptions and a romance just bursting at the seams.

Read full review in the 2016 February issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Delores
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Comedy of errors

This is a very amusing Medieval tale, though with a mixture of modern. Not my idea of a Templar, though, with wealth AND a wife.
Libby Harrison

Plot: 3/5
Grovel: none
Cheating: none
HEA: yes
Triggers: does a whiny, spoilt and aggravating heroine count?

Average score: 3/5

Best Quote: H to h: “fall into me and I will catch you”

Worst Quote: h to H before having sex: “I’m six and ten seasons. I know my own mind” (what 16 year old knows her own mind?!)

Personal Review:
This is a m
Scherry  at The Novel Lady
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by this author, but it will not be my last. I plan to go back and read the book just prior to this one, "How to Train Your Knight". Not that it is necessary... this can certainly be a stand-alone book. I simply WANT to read it.

HOW TO MARRY YOUR WIFE is a delightful, funny, adventurous, romantic tale set in Medieval times.

The story starts out with Lady Meredith and Sir Thomas, a Templar knight, as a young couple in love, binding their love and vowing to be marri
Bonnie C.
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Historical people that may remind you of someone you know well.

Interesting tale of a time, when people were obliged to fight in wars, they had no real interest or reason I for caring about who won. They lost lives, homes, and families, and suffered traumatic stress syndrome, just as many do today. I enjoyed the way that Thomas and Marcus responded to their families and to each other. I was repelled by the lack of attention to the loss of lives, and the disregard for the rapes, and misuses of wom
Joan Osborne
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Humorous and fun

This was a humorous and fun romance with a bit of intrigue and I found it highly entertaining. Merry and Thomas were such a fun couple and I enjoyed their play at words with each other. I loved Thomas's sense of humor and how he broke out into song about Merry. It made him such a fun hero but one with faults also. Merry was a brave and smart heroine and I liked how she stood up to Thomas. The storyline was interesting and filled with intrigue and I enjoyed every minute.
Bonny
Sep 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Melissa
Nov 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review
How To Marry Your Wife is an excellent romantic adventure that feels like a Shakespearean comedy. There are so many wonderful laugh-out-loud moments and creative physical comedy that you'll feel like you're reading a romantic comedy! Please read my full review at http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/view...
Mary Ann
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A medieval good love story.

This book is very good! I usually just read regency era stories. This story of a Templar knight and his soul mate lover/wife is very sweet and a little convoluted., which makes it very interesting.
Lorna
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A lot of twists and turns.

I enjoy reading historical romance and this one had me anxious to turn every page. It is different than most stories even from the beginning. Read and enjoy.

evelyn p oliger
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good read

I loved this book it kept me on the edge of me seat and I would recommend it to everyone
Chris Boatman
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
2nd book of the series and just as good!

I have finished both the 1 & 2 of this series this one kept my interest from beginning to the end.
Worth the money and read!
Caroline
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweet!

I enjoyed this story! Good characters and lots of twists and action. Excellent historical references and lots of humor. Thumbs up!
Kristina
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put this down

I loved this book from cover to cover. The main characters were well written and easy to love. I felt like I was right there with them through thick and thin.
Charlotte Lowe
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
How to Marry Your Wife

A good, strong female character makes all the difference in this book of Knights, quests and love. Unfortunately, deceit abounds.
Cheri Lajaunie
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Interesting

This book was very interesting! I love old stories like this one! Hope to read more of this great story!
Dorothy Farner
Aug 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fun

A good story wrapped around with humor. Really entertaining and hard to put down. Don't start it if it is close to bed time.
Jean
If the ridiculous, swallowed-a-thesaurus, never-actually-had-sex-in-my-life opening sex scene (view spoiler) is cringe-y to you, you're probably better off putting this one down right then. The sex scenes get a little less “good lord, are you planning to die a virgin??” after a while, but this book is “meh” at best.

The concept had some promise, Merry is pretty likeable, and the detail of her having a freaky-good memory was interesting, but go
Jean Smith
Jul 10, 2018 rated it liked it
This book starts as a steamy adult romance and you wonder where the author can take the book next. The author, is inventive in what happens next and the reader is hooked. As the book progresses it gets better, and you start to think this is a five star book. With more intrigue than you first thought. But, as Merry gets captured, the end of the book turns into a complex political farce moving from one disjointed scene to the next. It feels like the author got board ... the only saving grace is th ...more
Kathy
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Merry and Thomas hand-fasted a marriage and then he left and didn’t come back for six years. Meanwhile she had a son and people wanted to stone her. Marcus arranged a marriage for her and Thomas but people still didn’t believe she was wed. She thought he was dead and when he got back she refused to marry him. The marriage was completed without her agreement and she refused to be bed. This begins their frustrating life. With men wanting to kill them and lots of dangers and misunderstandings this ...more
Virginia Tican
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Good read except for some editing issues in a chapter or two where I read present day words like "okay" "panties" also "pee" and "go" used in the present day context. Other than these, it was quite an entertaining read ~ mysterious origins (parentage), betrayals, lack of faith, lusty bishops and a wrong concept of the Almighty and then some, all help to make this a realistic and relatable adventure.
Debby "Piene Raven"
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: authors-a-b
How to Marry your Wife...hmmmm...don't know what to say. Couldn't really get into the story very much. It started off pulling me in but as I got further along, it lost me and I started skimming through a couple of chapters to see if it would peek my interest again. In the end I "DNF" the book. This MR just did not appeal to me but may to someone else.

Kindly giving 2-Stars on this one.
Linda
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book!

This is the first book I've read from this author and I thoroughly enjoyed the story. The story of a knight Templar and the Lady Meredith and how they finally get together after six years apart. It's fun and adventurous and of course romantic. I'd recommend this book.
debbie carter
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
very well written. couldn't put it down.

It very amusing, and I liked that it wasn't hilariously funny but just gently amusing. it had romance, adventure, and a little mystery, what else could you want in a book. Bookloverdebbie1@yahoo. com

• Mamie Garrison: A Tale of Slavery, Abolition, History & Romance (The Garrisons, #1)
  • Blue Falcon
  • The Maxwell Series Boxed Set (Maxwell, #1-3)
  • Hidden Ones: A Veil of Memories
  • Sydney's Song
  • Polyxena: A Story of Troy
  • The Lady of the Garter (Ladies of Lore, #1)
  • Revel: Twelve Dancing Princesses Retold (Romance a Medieval Fairytale, #4)
  • The Omega's Forbidden Child
  • Highland Deliverance (Blades of Honor #3)
  • The Lord's Captive  (Border, #2)
  • Defiant
  • Sweet Sleep (Children of Ankh, #1)
  • Torrian (The Highland Clan Book 2)
  • The Dragon's Mage (Dragon Mage, #1)
  • Flaherty's Crossing
  • The Yielding (Age of Faith, #2)
  • Quinn (The Scottish Outlaws, #2)
Amazon Best Seller Stella Marie Alden loves Zumba, yoga, watercolor painting, and all genres of romances.

Her first book, ‘How to Train Your Knight’, won Romance Writers of America coveted Molly and Show me the Sparks Contests, and placed in four others.
Truly remarkable, considering she’s only been writing for three years.

Growing up in Vermont, she loved to make up stories. Crayons fought each

Medieval Romance (3 books)
  • How to Train Your Knight