Start by marking “Mad Magic” as Want to Read:
Mad Magic

Mad Magic

(Mad Magic Saga #1)

Mad Magic is a beautifully dark and rich Young Adult fantasy from Nicole Conway, bestselling author of the Dragonrider Chronicles.

Josie Barton is a high school student living in terror. Invisible creatures torment her everywhere she goes, constantly getting her into trouble at school, and even haunting her apartment. But just when Josie thinks things couldn’t get any worse
Published November 14th 2017 by Month9Books

Start your review of Mad Magic
Danielle's
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nicole Conway was popping up everywhere on my radar, and I just had to read one of her books. Mad Magic is amazing and I am really hoping for a sequel. It's a standalone story, however, leaves the door slightly open for more. I need more!! I'm totally hooked.

Josie Barton doesn't fit into the mundane life. She is literally stumbling through every moment. It doesn't help that someone is giving fate a helping hand and tormenting her. She lives alone and things are definitely going bump in the nigh
chloe ♡
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I signed up for this blog tour as soon as I received the email. One of the lovely ladies, Jaime from Rockstar Blog Tours, read the book and loved it. AND DID SOMEONE MENTION HOT BOYS? I'M IN!

This book reminds me of The Spiderwick Chronicles by Holly Black, which I read when I was younger - both books include faeries, mythical beings and confused humans. I find the faerie realm so fascinating. Also, Zeph, Josie and Eldrick remind me of the characters in the K-drama, Guardian: The Lonely and Great
Darque  Dreamer
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Mad Magic is alluring, dangerous, and magical! This one will take you for a ride through a stunning world of enchantment and Faeries! With plenty of twists and turns, excitement, and passion, this one is sure to impress all YA lovers!

Can we just talk about the cover for a second? It is STUNNING! I was drawn to reading this one by the beautiful cover photo, and the synopsis. The book had a bit of a slow start for me though. It took me roughly 50 pages to really get in to this one, but once I did,
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
Jul 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I can't wait for everyone to read this new urban fantasy by Nicole! If you like Melissa Marr, Lesley Livingston or Julie Kagawa's Fae books this will be right up your alley! And there's a yummy love interest! ...more
Dani ❤️ Perspective of a Writer
Check out more reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

Josie is tormented by invisible creatures haunting her apartment... and they even torment her at school making her an outcast. When things are at there worst... she meets Zeph, the guy next door who seems to know what is going on! Then she meets the enigmatic Prince of Nightmares, a gun-slinging shaman and a bunch more, making her life a lot less glum... until her past comes back to bite her happiness in half.

Urban fantasy for me is like YA dys
Cassandra
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!
***I choose what I read and review based on what intrigues me!! Yes, I got a review copy of this book, but no one tells me what to think, feel, or write about any book! I haven’t bought it yet, but I will be buying this book.

This is the first book in this new YA series, and it is a full-length book.

Wow! This book is awesome! I couldn’t put it down! At the start of this book, Josie is tormented and feels alone. With the help of her neighbor, Josie
E.A.
( I received this book free in exchange for my honest review )

Mad magic by Nicole Conway was a epic magical, action packed ride that had me hooked from start to finish.

I finished this book in a day, I couldn't stop reading. The flow was smooth, the plot stayed on point and I felt that this story, tied up it's major plot question at the end; leaving the ending open just enough for a sequel.

Now I did have one problem with the story. It it has to do with the noticeable age difference. Now I g
Edennist
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Interesting premise spoiled by the “ick” factor of having an adult male bonding with a toddler girl and essentially waiting for her to get at least close to the age of consent before acting on it. Ick.
Raven_Blake (dreamy addictions)
Same Review Also Published On My Blog: Dreamy Addictions

Mad Magic was a super fun urban fantasy read with intriguing plot and interesting characters. I totally fell for this book when I first read its synopsis and I knew I had to read it because it has fae and other mythical creatures. I'm total sucker for fae books. The story has captivated me from the start and it was even better than I had expected. It was a perfect entertainer filled with magic, romance, action, and handsome faeries. I haven
Sara (A Gingerly Review)
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, physical-2018
This surprised me in a good way! I'm working on my review now as part of Rockstar Book Tours so stay tuned.

--------------

This book pleasantly surprised me! This story was packed full of romance, danger, evil villains, magic (so much magic...), and attractive fae. I'm quickly finding my place in the fantasy-reading population and therefore found myself enjoying this more than I thought I would.

I really liked the characters and felt they were very well developed and complex. Josie, the protagonist
Michelle
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mad Magic is the first book in the Mad Magic saga by author Nicole Conway. Nicole Conway is a new to me author, but after devouring Mad Magic in one night, I can't wait for more from her. Mad Magic and I got off to a bit of a slow start, but once I fell into the world we became kind of obsessed with each other. I really loved this book, and I am so beyond excited that there will be more in this saga.

Mad Magic is the
Jan farnworth
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read other series by this author and she does a fanatsic job with dragons.  Now we get to see what she does with an urban fantasy surrounding my other favorite mythical creature, the fae.  Oh boy oh boy did she knock it out the park.  You got your fun loving puck type fae which is the book he goes by a few names but his main one is Zeph.  Then you got a brooding puca who your not sure is good or bad or just somewhere in the middle.  You got your normal human who has no idea she got magic or sh ...more
Alicia Gaile
Dec 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book had a great opening hook that made me want to keep reading to find out what was going on. The mystery surrounding her guardian, Ben, kept me guessing for a while, and I enjoyed getting to know the other characters along the way. Seeing them in their down time was really funny. There were a few times where the relationships seemed to jump ahead of themselves and the plot lag a bit, but overall it was a fun read for anyone who likes faerie tales.
Amber: Step Into A Book World
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Full review on my upcoming blog tour stop on the 8th. Will update then!
Tania
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
-Copy kindly offered by RockStar Book Tours and the author in exchange for an honest review-

Humans and fairies. Two peoples living together in a tight balance. Humans may seem weak but it is just a human who chooses the Fairy King or Queen and this person is Josie Barton, a insecure and frightened seventeen year old girl, apparently alone in the world. She is a chosen one who will have a difficult life because a powerful - how bad - fairy that wants to force her to choose him as a regent.

Josie i
Fiorela
May 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
The first few pages were really interesting, what was happening to this girl? all the suspense was great, but since the instalove, everything went south.
I couldn't relate with Josie and I didn't care for Zeph and their unique bond didn't make me see sparkles. The background story was interesting enough to keep me going as well as the description of the fairies, but that was it.
Katherine Paschal
Josie knows that she causes trouble, but she doesn't mean to, it really just happens. But when her guidance counselor tells her it is time to go to a special school for troubled kids, Josie knows she needs to get her act together... but that is easier said then done when she has a mysterious benefactor she has never met, she suffers from strange hallucinations, and something terrifying visits her at night in her apartment. Thankfully, she may have a new potential friend in her surly, very attrac ...more
Joy
Jul 05, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-epub
Book sent by the author in exchange for an honest review.

The author got me with the invisible creatures tormenting Josie and all the mystery around her life. Then she meets Zeph, her mysterious, older neighbor and her life starts to change. I loved the beginning of the book, the mysterious hallucinations Josie suffers got me hooked, it was dark and I wanted more. Even though it's not as dark as the story progresses, I liked the plot of the book and discovering the faerie world. I also really lik
Holly Abbott
Dec 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally I opened this with “decent for a YA” but I feel I must amend that. This feels it was written for really young YA readers, but there are so many things about it that should keep it out of young readers’ hands. And I don’t mean mature scenes, I mean certain themes that should not be hero worshipped. I’ll get to explaining that in a minute.
This was recommended to me by some audible algorithm that ultimately sold me on “I’m free and have fairies!” Nice world building, characters are fair
J. Ford
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book has it all: romance, danger, magic, changelings, evil villains, sexy faeries (and not the flittering-about kind, I might add). These fae are not to be trifled with and they will have you salivating.

Zeph is your rough, tattooed biker looking dude. Eldrick is your dark-haired, swoon-worthy, sophisticated hottie with a mysterious side that will leave you breathless.

The story unfolds with high school student, Josie Barton, getting in trouble once again for something she has no control over
MJ (The Book Recluse)
To be honest the whole reason I wanted to read this book was because of the cover. I think it is one of the most beautiful covers I have seen. I am glad that I did pick it up. The inside of the book is just as good as the outside.

The story is about Josie, a 17 year old high school student, orphan, and possibly crazy. Her life is about as bad as it can get. She is about to get kicked out of school. She has no family and no friends. To make it worse she is terrorized every night. Things start get
Emmyjo
Nov 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 out of 5 stakes!

This book starts off great, I mean we meet Josie who is seeing things or is she? At school she has these episodes that people call her crazy. They don't believe she has a guardian who takes care of her. Because they have never seen him.

Well news for them she has never met him either, but he takes care of her from afar. Provides everything but being there. Josie calls him Ben.
Since she has no friends she spends a lot of time knowing her cute neighbor's work schedule.

Josie has ep
Ruled By Desire {Klaudyna}
DNFed at 40 %

3/5
This is a perfectly fine example of a very average, well-written book.
Honestly, I don't know what all the people see in this book to praise it so highly as a five-star rating, but to each their own.
There weren't things that stood out to me much as flaws, but overall the book itself doesn't stand out much, overlooking the cover.
However, if I wanted to state what I think urban fantasies should look like, this book might be a good example of what I'd like the genre to look like.

What
Monite
Sep 26, 2020 rated it it was ok
The relationship between the two main characters was disturbing. I always have issues with the very old and very young relationships. The author did have an explanation for that in this book that made it slightly less disgusting but the controlling nature of the relationship put it back into the yuck category especially because it is YA. It is on the edge of healthy/not healthy and the instant love, again the author had a somewhat reasonable explanation, put it in the not healthy classification. ...more
Ashley McCartney
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Conway has done it again. Her skill at bringing magical worlds alive is extraordinary. While reading you become attached to each character, feeling everything they do. At some point in life everyone feels like Josie in Mad Magic. If only we all had hot saviors swooping in. Looking forward to the next installment of this series, which pulls the reader in just as well as the Dragonrider Chronicles.
Caleigh
Dec 14, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 stars and a great YA. I like badass main characters that are strong before the man comes into the picture, but that was not this. I suppose barely holding it together is more realistic of being orphaned and seeing things others don’t but I wish her benefactor helped Josie through it and taught her magic and how to protect herself. A cute story overall, but I wish the Josie’s empowerment wasn’t hindered by Zeph “trying to protect her”. I did like how her friendships developed.
Jharrayne
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been looking for a new series for a long time. This series had everything that I could’ve wished for plus a little extra. In a world of fantasy it weaved a grave and interesting journey. I found myself instantly In love with all the characters and their differences in personalities. I can’t wait to continue with the series.
Megan Riley
Dec 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Tara
Feb 06, 2021 rated it liked it
I would throw in a 1-2 star to 3 1/2 stars if i could. I have to admit i struggled to get into the book at first, but i really enjoyed the last half. The characters fault kind of one dimensional but thankfully got way more dynamic as the story progressed.
Megan
Apr 03, 2021 rated it liked it
I truly can’t believe I finished this book. It went from interesting to what?! to oh ew to ugh. So many sketchy issues and too easy and predictable plot lines and unlikeable/inconsistent characters. Meh. It had potential but I don’t think it delivered.
Goodreads Librari...: Adding a series 4 19 Nov 15, 2017 08:03PM
Goodreads Librari...: Incorrect Synopsis 8 24 Nov 12, 2017 07:30PM
Goodreads Librari...: Book Cover 3 18 Jun 05, 2017 09:18AM

• Fates Divided (Halven Rising, #1)
  • Dead in the Water (Gemini, #1)
  • Reckless Magic (Star-Crossed, #1)
  • The Trials of Blackbriar Academy (Blackbriar Academy, #1)
  • From Breath and Ruin (Elements of Five, #1)
  • Endless Magic (Star-Crossed, #4)
  • Fearless Magic (Star-Crossed, #3)
  • Hopeless Magic (Star-Crossed, #2)
  • The Reluctant King (Star-Crossed, #5)
  • Fates Entwined (Halven Rising, #2)
  • Hell or High Water (Gemini, #3)
  • Reign of Dragons (Dragon Dojo Brotherhood, #1)
  • The Fairest Kind of Love (Windy City Magic, #3)
  • Head Above Water (Gemini, #2)
  • The Best Kind of Magic (Windy City Magic, #1)
  • Broken (The Watcher Chronicles, #1)
  • One Fine Fae (Mystic Bayou, #4.5)
  • Wanted (Thief of Hearts Trilogy, #1)
Nicole Conway is originally from North Alabama and attended Auburn University. She is happily married and enjoys writing as a full time career.

Best known for her international bestselling fantasy series, THE DRAGONRIDER CHRONICLES - Nicole is currently working on a follow-on series, THE DRAGONRIDER LEGACY. Her other published works include MAD MAGIC, THE DISTANCE BETWEEN STARS, SCALES (Releasing S

Mad Magic Saga (2 books)