Start by marking “The Crown's Fate (The Crown's Game, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Crown's Fate (The Crown's Game, #2)

The Crown's Fate

(The Crown's Game #2)

3.71  ·  Rating details ·  6,829 ratings  ·  1,019 reviews
Russia is on the brink of great change. Pasha’s coronation approaches, and Vika is now the Imperial Enchanter, but the role she once coveted may be more difficult—and dangerous—than she ever expected.

Pasha is grappling with his own problems—his legitimacy is in doubt, the girl he loves loathes him, and he believes his best friend is dead. When a challenger to the throne em
Published May 16th 2017 by Balzer + Bray

·  6,829 ratings  ·  1,019 reviews

Start your review of The Crown's Fate (The Crown's Game, #2)
C.G. Drews
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am here to tell you this book is absolutely marvellously exquisite and absolutely everything I was hoping for. <3 <3 Like can I flail enough??? Will I ever be able to flail enough??? Absolutely magical and dark and beautiful and imagination at 5000% perfection.

Although I lowkey admit I didn’t want it to be the finale! If there are more books in Vika, Pasha, and Nikolai’s world I would be totally on board for that. I might even pass bribes of cake, let’s be real here. You know a book is excelle
Ben Alderson
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG WOW!

I literally could not want a better ending, plot EVERYTHING!

This world has grown amazingly!
jessica
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this series makes me want to go to russia sooo badly. any russian friends willing to let me visit? please and thank you! :P

also, i think duologies are a gift to bookworms - they are so easy to binge read! it was so simple to jump right into this after finishing ‘the crowns game.’ this was still just as rich in russian history and culture. i loved the fact that the plot this time around was based on an actual event. i totally geeked out over that!

again, i wish the writing was a little better. i h
elena
Aug 07, 2017 rated it did not like it
Abbandoned buddyread with my #1 lover, Sana.

So to summarize everything that happened, (view spoiler)
Brittany (Brittany's Book Rambles)
Read my full ARC review of The Crown's Fate

This book should come with a warning label that says: Don't start before bedtime. Because you won't be able to stop yourself from reading it all the way through. I have no regrets about staying up past 3AM just to finish it, and I'm so thrilled that my first book of 2017 was this one. It was truly everything I wanted it to be, and so much more.

description

Going into this book, I thought I was relatively prepared for what was to unfold. I was expecting beautiful dis
may ❀
My issue right now is trying to figure out whether this book is suffering from Second Book Syndrome or the series genuinely needed to end at book one ???

description

Gahhh, I feel like this book is the epitome of disappointment. Not only bc book one set such high standards but because it was GENUINELY great for the first bloody 70%.

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED WITH THE ENDING????

(view spoiler)
I mistakenly thought this book was a trilogy, so when I got to the ending and found out it was a duology...I'm left wondering why The Crown's Game wasn't just a standalone? A lot of the magic and drama that made the book's predecessor so enjoyable was completely missing. And just when I thought the plot was going somewhere interesting with some gorgeous Russian folklore laced in, none of it went anywhere. That could've been used to make a really excellent third book or hell, it could've been us ...more
Caitlin
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
"The Game might be over, but their story was not."

Buddy read with my love, Amber.

This was one of my most anticipated releases of 2017 and I could not contain my excitement when I got to read this book early. Overall, I'm fairly satisfied with how this duology ended. Sure, I wanted more but I'm still pretty content with how it went. I was fairly set on how I wanted this book to play out and I was a little disappointed that what I had predicted didn't happen.

I was actually worried that I wasn
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
OH MY WORD THERE IS A BLURB OWIJFL:SKDFJ:LSDKFJSDLKFJ
But DO NOT read it if you haven't read the first because there is a MAJOR spoiler...
Alyssa
Mar 27, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2017-releases
UPDATE, April 30th: Good grief. Someone remind me why I do this to myself. WHY DID I BOTHER.

If you're someone who also did not like The Crown's Game (disliked, hated, felt meh or iffy about), don't read this book. It's not worth it. I will DM anyone spoilers who is in that position (disliked, hated, felt meh or iffy about book one), so y'all can avoid reading this mess and don't have to worry about your blood pressure or rage-eating chocolate donuts.

(There were two donuts involved. Don't judge m
Sana
BUDDY READ WITH MY #1 HATER Maggie who's still on page 30.

This was very disappointing and boring. Review to come.

ambsreads
Buddy Read with my love, Caitlin.

**I received an eARC in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.**

I went into The Crown's Fate with so many high expectations. I loved The Crown's Game, it was great. However, The Crown's Fate was not on the same playing field. One of my favourite things about The Crown's Game was the magic. I was in love with the world building and the historical Russia setting. This book lacked the enchanting aura that came with the first book.

It al
Sarah Elizabeth

“I’ve told you before, magic comes tied with many strings.”

This was an interesting YA fantasy sequel, which picked up where the first book left off.

Vika was much more likeable in this story and really showed her true colours. Pasha seemed more serious about his role and becoming Tsar, but Nikolai was definitely changed, to the point where he was almost unrecognisable.

The storyline in this was
Jeff
Jun 25, 2018 rated it liked it
If I were to put it straight out there, I enjoyed the first book more.
Recap back to the first book; we were left on a cliff hanger with two brothers where one of the two is in anti-death, and a red headed girl is stuck between the two of them.

Now, this duology is fully surrounded by the essence of a love, hate, life, death relationship but I feel like this book prolonged it more than necessary.
First book, man, it was a death drop for me. This one..I’d say it was about an average snoopy ride t
Kerri
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
i'm convinced this book is filled all the magic in the world. I LOVED IT!!!
Weaving Fiction ( Sj )
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult, 2017
IM IN AWE AND ASTOUNDED THIS WAS MAGNIFICENT AND BETTER THAN THE FIRST ONE NO SPOILERS YET BUT WOW
♛ Garima ♛
Note: This is not an actual review...just my disappointment in excessive gifs
You have been warned

I loved this until 20% and then

I was wanting something to be happening....and then

this is me at 80%

So basically if want some book just to be over with...well let me tell you, it's not a good book o_O

And there is going to be #3, #3? about what? I can't even think....

- ̗̀ DANY  ̖́- (danyreads)
. : ☾⋆ — 2.5 ★

hello disappointment my old friend :(

this is one of those rare instances where the series would’ve been infinitely better as a stand-alone. i gotta say that there is no doubt in my heart that the first book was considerably better than this one, and the crown’s game is for SURE one of my best reads this year, and even though the crown’s fate wasn’t actually that bad......... it just didn’t live up to the first book. at all.

i’m gonna give this review the good old “what i liked/what
Suzanne
May 28, 2017 rated it liked it
I loved the first book of this series very much so I was so excited to read the second. Unfortunately I found I wasn't as into this installment as I was the first. The author is so creative and the writing is fantastic so I will read any book she releases. I am not sure if this was the finale because I do not know if it was a duology or trilogy. If it were a duology than the finale wrapped things up rather nicely.
Cindy ✩☽♔
Nov 07, 2016 marked it as to-read
While I didn't love The Crown's Game, I like the world and characters enough to give this book a try. Hopefully, it finally delivers on the darkness it promised me in the first book. I don't like when people promise me dark and gritty, and I get nothing. Also please let Vika and Nikolai reunite sooner rather than later, but of course let Pasha suffer a little first because he deserves it for putting Vika and Nikolai on the chopping block.

The cover is of course gorgeous, just like the first one.
Fictional World Dreamer
Ah man! I really wanted to love this book. I really did, I loved The Crown’s Game, I have anticipated this book since last year. I feel conflicted about the ending, I feel like the message is just wrong.
I mean, I get it! You have to forgive but holy crap dude. NOT after what went down. There are just certain things that can’t be forgiven and repercussions have to be taken.

The Crown's Fate was a good story to a point, for me. In all seriousness, this book could've ended at the half point. There w
Nadhira Satria
Bruh I'm bitter and disappointed and I finish this in one sitting and again, I'm bitter and disappointed

FINALLY! Buddy read with this little shit that made me wait for seven months but it's ok because I love her
Ishmeen
3.5/5 🌟 As much as I enjoyed reading about these characters once again, I was expecting something more spectacular and mind-blowing like the first book. The second half of the book was much more eventful and interesting to actually read about than the first and the ending gave me all the feels but I wish I would have experienced more of those in the rest of the book too :/ BUT I am so so happy with the way it ended and the relationships and the joy this series brought me that I’d definitely reco ...more
Jiana
Feb 22, 2019 rated it liked it
I've heard a lot of negative comments about this book before I started it. As such, I started it with pretty much no expectations although I really enjoyed the first book in the duology. Basically, I don't think this book is as bad as everyone made it out to be. Actually, it's not bad at all. It's just not great either.

It was underwhelming.

The writing was great and it was easy to fly through. The plot changed direction, not in a bad way though and the book had a dark feeling to it. There was ac
Sandra (LadyGrey Reads)
"But what about family? And friendship? I think we've been blind to the importance of those."

So yeah; this wasn't the best read. I didn't enjoy the first book that much either, honestly, but it was definitely the better of the two and I would have preferred if it remained a standalone. This felt as if some people complained about Nikolai's death in the first novel and the author gave in and decided to bring him back. Which only caused trouble.

I would actually have enjoyed the story more if (
Jeann (Happy Indulgence)
This review appears on Happy Indulgence. Check it out for more reviews!

I have no idea what to say about The Crown’s Fate other than the fact that the first book was better. This is one of those books where I didn’t take much in, because the plot didn’t keep me interested. I wasn’t sure where they were going with things, and I felt like the conflict was only brought up later in the book.

There’s a lot of filler here as the characters wallow around, Vika complaining about why she can’t use her magi
Maggie ☘ (Wonderland-Reader)
*2.5/5 stars*

Meh. What a cop out of a 'grand' finale. Except for the tied up ending, this book was wholly unecessary and directionless in terms of storyline. (view spoiler)
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
I fell in love with Skye's beautiful lyrical writing style in her debut novel Crown's Game last year and was eager to be thrown back into the magical setting that she had created and with the slightly cliffhanger ending, I was eager to know what would happen next.

This was quite the sequel. It was both happy and sad, maddening and infuriating. Beautiful and heartbreaking. So many things happened, came to an ending and came to a beginning and I'm still not sure if all of it was breathtaking or a
Taylor of Elfhame ❦
Nov 21, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: waste-of-time
1.5 I have to begin by saying: thank God that’s over. This definitely takes the title of worst book I read this year. I’m proud of myself for not DNFing it, even though I wanted to oh so very badly. This book was a hot mess from start to finish. I’m upset enough that I went and lowered my rating for The Crown’s Game as well, since a part of why I originally rated it 4 in the first place was because I had hope this sequel would clean up some of my disappointments and the optimism boosted the rati ...more
Trisha  (The Tea Reader)
Jan 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
Check Out My Full Review
Sadly I was disappointed by this book, there wasn't anything that was very excited, and some of the characters kept getting on my nerves.

• Avenged (Ruined, #2)
  • Burning Glass (Burning Glass, #1)
  • Ember Queen (Ash Princess Trilogy, #3)
  • Lady Smoke (Ash Princess Trilogy, #2)
  • Evermore (Everless, #2)
  • Allied (Ruined #3)
  • Ruined (Ruined, #1)
  • Finale (Caraval, #3)
  • The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • Five ​Dark Fates (Three Dark Crowns, #4)
  • Ash Princess (Ash Princess Trilogy, #1)
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • Sorcery of Thorns
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • Two Dark Reigns (Three Dark Crowns, #3)
  • Four Dead Queens
  • Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1)
Evelyn Skye is the New York Times bestselling author of THE CROWN’S GAME and CIRCLE OF SHADOWS series.

She has a B.A. in Russian literature & history from Stanford University and a J.D. from Harvard Law School. Evelyn was once offered a job by the C.I.A., she not-so-secretly wishes she was good enough to be on “World of Dance,” and if you challenge her to a pizza-eating contest, she guarantees she

The Crown's Game (2 books)
  • The Crown's Game (The Crown's Game, #1)