Start by marking “Commodity” as Want to Read:
Commodity

Commodity

A woman hunted by human traffickers.
A hot and dangerous bodyguard.
Complete destruction.
The end of civilization.
The beginning of a new form of currency.
Women are now the highest COMMODITY.
Published October 20th 2015 by Shay Savage, LLC (first published October 18th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Commodity, please sign up.
Paige The first half is written from the heroin pov. In the first half, life is being turned upside down and you're getting narration from someone who is…moreThe first half is written from the heroin pov. In the first half, life is being turned upside down and you're getting narration from someone who is sort of lost in the fray of it all but trying to keep her sanity. You get swept up in the chaos because she's so ill-prepared. The second half is from the hero, and you are thrown knee deep into the muck. But your narrator is now the trained and determined survivalist. (less)

Jennifer Kyle
Oct 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
4~ 4.25 Stars

”I was her bodyguard.”

description

A highly publicized whistle blower, Hannah Savinski is on her way to Washington, DC to give her testimony in a huge human trafficking scandal. On her flights she meets her new bodyguard, Falk Eckhart. Falk’s job is to deliver Hannah to DC in the eye of all the death threats she has received. During their layover in Atlanta, the earth is attacked and most of the woman and children have been extracted. What remains is a apocalyptic predominately male populatio
Shay Savage
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
You want different? I’ll give you different.
Michelle
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed

When I started Commodity I had some concerns over whether or not this would be my sort of romance. I should have known that I was going to love it. From the moment I picked it up, I could not put it down.

Screenshot_3

Falk has a job to do. Get Hannah to DC to testify, and get her there alive. After uncovering links to a powerful man and sex trafficking, Hannah went from whistle blower to victim. Only to survive long enough to be thrust into a new horrific experience.

Screenshot_6

No one knew what it was, no one knew w
Lucia
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
Writing this review was difficult for me. It's Shay Savage after all, my queen of suspense. But I pride myself on being honest when reviewing so here goes nothing...

I was very curious about this adult dystopian story. Premise of this novel is great (the world where few remaining women are most prized commodity sounds unique) so I had high hopes for this novel. However, it didn't work for me and I had to roll my eyes quite often at what was happening. Guess I have been spoiled by YA fantasy/dysto
Nov 05, 2015 rated it did not like it
SPOILERS

I really didn't think this was that great at all. I was interested because I have been in the mood for Dystopia and I always like it when there's a little bit of romance thrown in, but in this case, the Dystopia served as nothing more than window dressing around a romance that felt weird and fake. There is very little at all to do with surviving in a post-apocalyptic world, as far as day to day surviving anyway, unless of course you consider trying to avoid being raped as day to day sur
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃

Hero: 9/10
Humour: 2/10
Hotness: 4/10
Romance: 7/10
Extra book Details: Heroine & Hero POV; 1st person. Stand alone.

Commodity is sci-fi/dystopian romance with a setting that is along the lines of The Hunger Games & Independence Day. It's jam packed with action, there's never a dull moment.

I loved this book! It's unique, gritty, romantic. There's some very dark parts; death, rape, sla
-ya
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
1.5-star
I have to say — the dystopian setting is laughable.

Hannah’s POV in Part I just sounds ridiculous throughout. Then in Part II, Falk’s POV is well-written and he does remind me a bit of the book heroes in Surviving Raine and Evan Arden trilogy by the author.

Commodity is filled with one-dimensional characters, extremely unpleasant, horrible events that make me cringe. Neither love story nor drama is convincing.
Aleatha Romig
OK. Don't shoot me, but this is my first Shay Savage book and it will NOT be my last.

I was intrigued from the first page. The characters were real and easy to understand. The motivation was survival and who can't relate to that?

The horror that occurred and continues made my heart ache.

I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys suspense as well as romance. 5 stars!!! And not my last Shay Savage book!
Beth
Oct 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
FREE ON KU --> http://amzn.to/1W4CcoU
I don't know about you guys, but sometimes I get tired of reading the same old, same old. In the contemporary romance genre the storylines can sometimes feel similar, start to run together, and just become stale. That is why I am so happy Shay Savage decided to shake things up a bit with Commodity . It is so different from what I normally read, especially the setting.

commodity3

It's the end of the world basically. Everyone has either disappeared or died, and only
Urhomwen
Nov 25, 2015 rated it did not like it
The only reason I finished this book was that I was traveling and there was nothing better on my Kindle. I deserve a medal for reading (skimming) it till the end. I have seen other reviewers comment about the laughable dystopian world-building but that might be the least of this book's problems.

The main characters are both seriously annoying. Hannah, for being whiny and difficult to the bodyguard who is just trying to save her miserable life. Falk, for putting up with her nonsense and being stup
Fabi
I've read most of Shay Savage's books. I'm a huge fan. I love the male leads that she writes. They are all unapologetically bada$$. In fact, I'm not sure I can name another female author that does the male POV as well as Shay does.

Guess what Commodity has? Yup, you guessed it. A badass male lead. In fact, almost half of the book is in his POV. I feel like I got my Savage fix. ;-)

Now to the plot. Where to start? OK...the first and most important thing I need to say is THIS BOOK NEEDS A TRIGGER WA
Ola
Oct 26, 2015 rated it did not like it
this is where i should just accept that the author bores me and doesn't do anything for me anymore. no point in me looking into any more of her works. don't know how she went from being my one favourite author to... this. oh well. i wish shay savage all the best with her writing and goals.
~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~

Originality: 5 stars
Enjoyment: 3 stars

Tasha Munyon
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Received an ARC from the author for an honest review.

This is a spoiler free review.

This is the first time I've read a book like this. Leave it to Shay to write such an amazing book that left me on the edge of my seat wanting to read more.

It all starts when Hannah finds something on a computer at work that she's not suppose to see. She is then taken by some men who want her dead. When she escapes and agrees to testify against them, she meets Falk, her bodyguard who is ex military and sent to pr
Honey~psychopaths&stalkers
6 “GIVE ME MY WOOBIE!” STARS!

"You'll never fully understand the power of the woobie," he says with a shake of his head, "but you have a better idea now."

I believe this gif described me very well.

description

Another winner. Another champion. Standing ovation. That's what.
My god. This woman just outdid it this time. I still haven't calmed down from Surviving Raine series and then this. I wasn't expecting ANY. OF. THAT. FUCK. YES.

This might not be everyone's cuppa tea. Hell, most of the people would tend
Alex ☣ Deranged KittyCat ☣
DNF - 58%

I can't finish reading this book. Huge trigger warning! There are too many disgusting rape scenes. And they are very graphic.

At first, I thought this book very foolish. Commodity is made up of two parts, consisting of two POVs, Hannah's and Falk's. She is going to testify against some crime lord and he is her bodyguard. But the end of the world arrives. Aliens invade us, killing all the men, but abducting the women, the children and most of the animals/birds. Surprise, surprise that th
K.Marie
A.S
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: funny, dark
Favourite quote:
In a world where everything was accessible with a few clicks on a smartphone, I had nothing. In a world of chaos where we have to fight for our very existence, I have everything.
That is all.
NightRider
Nov 12, 2015 rated it did not like it
Seriously?!? I put up with that annoying heroine to get to the 60% mark and....(view spoiler) ...more
Captain
Very disappointing. I have to say that I loved "Surviving Raine" I was just blown away with all the details and research that went into writhing that book, maybe that was my problem with this book, I was used to reading a story about a guy catching fish with his bare hands to survive, to these guys going to the closest abandon Publix and bringing back all the camping equipment,food, batteries etc. in a buggy.
Ela
Oct 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Ailene♥
I am always fascinated by dystopian-themed books. In fact, I've read quite a LOT of them. Maybe that's why this book had turned out to be unconvincing for me. Surely this is not the author's forte. It was so promising at first but there's just too many things happening that resulted with having no connection between the main characters. Some fvcked up things had happened as well that couldn't just be wrapped up in one book. Some questions and irritating situations/behaviors that couldn't just be ...more
~ Cariad ~
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Beyond apocalyptic brilliance!

As a HUGE Walking Dead fan, for me this was a real treat!
It felt real ugh...I loved it!

I'm completely in awe of every book that Shay writes, in this one she even manages to give us a terrific HEA in the midst of a destroyed world!

AMAZING!
I almost bypassed this book because it's generally not a genre I read. I decided to give it a go because I really liked some of the author's other work. I'm really glad I did. I didn't want to put it down. I was intrigued by the prologue and completely sucked in by the middle of the first chapter.
Bea
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
TWO STARS (not really, but I like Shay Savage and I can't give her less)

Commodity is a book that captured my attention immediately because it deals with two of my favorite genres: dystopia and romance. An added bonus was the fact it was written by Shay Savage, an author, whose work I enjoy dearly.
Now, what I expected and what I got were two very, very different things.
Upon seeing the words "This is not your typical story" I was sold. However, I feel like this is false advertising, because this i
Angie
*2.5 stars*

Commodity started out promising enough. Hannah is on her way to D.C. to testify against a human trafficker. Falk meets her at the Atlanta airport with his team of bodyguards to escort her safely.

All hell breaks loose. Explosions. Men are dead. Women and children have vanished.

Falk is still under the impression he has to see Hannah safely to the Capitol. I think the mission is what kept Falk going under these new conditions. I thought Savage painted a decent picture of what the early s
Debbie "Buried in Her TBR Pile"
I had a freebie copy of this one and read skimmed it along with book 4 of the Unexpected Circumstances series. The sellout by the author in the last book of the Evan Arden series, the bad writing and knife-stab by the author in book 4 & 5 (of 7) in the Unexpected Circumstances series, and the swiss cheese plot holes in this one - have solidified Savage as an auto-avoid author for me.

There are a few books I like by this author. However, I find that I don't like a majority of her work. Not su
Teresa
It's the end of the world as we know it...full review on our blog. http://twogirlswithbooks.com/2015/10/...
ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover)
Oct 19, 2015 rated it did not like it
Disappointed. *sigh* Premise of this novel is great however, it didn't work for me.....
Megan Fall
I don't know how this author comes up with her story ideas...but damn is she good!! Loved it, loved it, loved it! I really hope she makes this book a series!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• After
  • The Army of Mab (Lords of Arcadia, #4)
  • Hunted (Eden, #2)
  • Renewing Hope (In Your World, #2)
  • Chasing Dare (First Wave, #3)
  • Vall's Will
  • The Arrangement Box Set
  • Reawakening (Forever Dead, #1)
  • Stars Across Time
  • Claiming Earth (Delroi Connection, #4)
  • Operation Hydra (Ontarian Chronicles, # 2)
  • The Abduction (Sa Tskir Brothers Chronicles, #1)
  • When Nothing Is All You've Got
  • Ein
  • The Toll
  • Filthy Dirty Fate
  • Shalia's Diary: Book 1 (Shalia's Diary, #1; World of Kalquor, #3.1)
Shay Savage is an independent author from Cincinnati, Ohio, where she lives with her family and a variety of household pets. She is an accomplished public speaker and holds the rank of Distinguished Toastmaster from Toastmasters International. Her hobbies include off-roading in her big, yellow Jeep, science fiction in all forms, and soccer. Savage holds a degree in psychology, and she brings a lot ...more
“Yeah, I’ll just ask anyone who attacks me to stand still for a minute while I remember how to breathe” 0 likes