Start by marking “Love is Found (Only If #1)” as Want to Read:
Love is Found (Only If #1)

Love is Found

(Only If #1)

Published July 4th 2016 by R. Paone (first published November 16th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Love is Found, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love is Found

Jen
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m

2.5 Stars

Love is found really caught my attention when I first saw the cover and synopsis. It was pleasing to my eye and I definitely wanted to know more. This story is about two people that have an instant attraction to each other, the road is definitely not one that comes easily for them nor is it one that I expected.

We follow Robert, an introvert, who is comfortable in his sexuality and looking for love all the while trying to find his place in this world while he starts graduate school. Mit
Jaime
Stars: 2.5 Stars
Heat: 3

Looking For Love In All The Wrong Places

BLURB:
“Love is Found” is the moving story about coming-of-age in suburban New York and discovering the broad concept of sexuality and love.

Based on true events of love, the story’s protagonist, Robert, finds himself thrown into the realization that upon entering graduate s
K
Jul 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

3.5 Stars

Love is Found is based on true events and opens with Robert, the protagonist, ready to start graduate school in New York. His parents accompany him there and help him with his apartment but soon it’s time for final good-byes and Robert is on his own.

•••

Finding a job at a cafe, meeting his co-workers, his roommate Phil, are steps in the progression of Robert’s journey that went well, but he still seems agitated, anxious, and insecure.

•••

When he meets Mitch, the other male employee, an in
Confessions_of_a_Serial_Reader
I'm going to start off by saying that I'm not a fan of reading a series where all the books haven't been released yet. That being said, it makes me happy to see that this story is going to be broken down. The readers will need the space in between books to process the level of emotion that R. Paone pours into LOVE IS FOUND.

As you follow Robert, you feel every emotion that he exudes through book one. Every emotion. Love, heartache, confusion, betrayal, jealousy, sadness. The list goes on and on.
Katie Townsend
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deserved 5 star review

I just finished love is found it was a beautifully told story.
Robert broke my heart. I enjoyed following the first part of Robert's emotional journey. Robert has stolen my heart .
I can't wait for the next part of his journey.
I hope he gets the HEA he deserve we shall wait and see.

Thank you for sharing this story with us.
Mari  Cardenas
*** Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie in exchange for a fair and honest review. ***

Mari  Cardenas
Dec 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
*** ARC provided to Bayou Book Junkie in exchange for a fair and honest review. ***

Robert is a 21-year-old college graduate who moves to Buffalo to continue his education. He's out and proud, but he's also very inexperienced and naive. He takes a job as a barista and there meets the only other guy that works there, Mitch, who is straight and in a long-term relationship. Despite being attracted to him, Robert is aware that both facts should stop him from trying anything other than being friends w
Lelyana
This is clearly not my cup of tea.
There's so much I can't stand with this story.
Robert is a doormat, and I hate a doormat main character.
To make it more 'perfect', he's falling in love with a douchebag serial cheater, Mitch.
You know, when you're a doormat, no matter how many time your master swap his dirty shoes onto you, and all you can do is being a...doormat?
That's what's Robert is.
I found myself irritated the whole time, and felt that 'oh, no...I'm going to make an ugly review about this one
Virginia Lee
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was a very emotional book, you will feel them all. Robbie has had such a long history with Mitch that you feel that you are living it. When Robbie gets a new job with Lucy and Mitch is there and back in his life again. The games begin with all the betrayal and heartache that is happening with their relationship. The ending cliffhanger was a hug shock and can’t wait to see what Robbie does now. This is the first book and the series and it is off to awesome start and can’t wait for the n ...more
Kara
Nov 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
Okay so with this book you get Robert's first experience with collage and coming out..
So I am going to be honest when I say this story did not grab me at all.. Between the way the characters talked to each other which was honestly so weird it through me off a little bit. To the fact that honestly most of these characters came across as unlikeable to me at all. I could tell you honestly that Mitch's character I was not a fan of at all especially after what he did to Robert. I did at times like R
QUEERcentric Books
Apr 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Read by Amy Smith for QUEERcentric Books

Knowing that Love is Found by R. Paone is based on true events made the experience of reading this story come alive for me.

In this coming of age novel about Robert and his adjustment to graduate school, you are completely and hopelessly drawn in.

Moving to a new apartment, entering graduate school, and starting a new job, Robert is overwhelmed and nervous about beginning this new chapter of his life.

Throw in a sexy, chance encounter with the only other male
Jen
Mar 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
Note: This ebook was provided by Enticing Journey Book Promotions in exchange for an honest review.

I hate giving books anything lower than four stars but while I applaud the author for the obvious thought and care he put into writing Love is Found, the story just felt all over the place and it was difficult to connect to either of the lead characters. Robert was overly naive and Mitch was an ass. It's possible that they really did love one another but Mitch's actions were self-serving and Robert
Shaztwirl
Story has potential but needs work.

I can only assume that English is not the author's first language. And the more I read, the more obvious this became . The sentence structure was in so many cases, rather odd. There were mixed metaphors, run on sentences and a tendency to waffle.

Ii ended up skimming/speed reading much of the book. Maybe this was why I found it difficult to develop any real liking for either character. I'm not entirely sure yet whether I'm invested enough to read the sequel.
Michael
Feb 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Yikes

Okay, so the story is only the beginning. The authors tires me though, is it possible to overwrite? It is so descriptive that it gets annoying actually. I will continue with the next book, but I'm not liking the authors' style. I think editing is required.
Deanna Wiley
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved that this was a true story. This book is an emotional roller coaster, you will feel every feeling. Robert stole my heart from the very beginning.
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-challenge
I really, really, really wanted to like this book. I tried so hard to get into it, but overall it was just not my thing I guess. It wasn't any one thing.... just not for me.
Sala Bim
Orrie Feitsma
Jan 23, 2017
Adiehardbearfan Da bears
Jul 05, 2016
Goodreads Librari...: Two of the same book have appeared 7 34 Jun 27, 2016 07:17AM

Only If (3 books)
  • Is This Desire? (Only If #2)
  • Slow Like Honey (Only If, #3)