Start by marking “The Merciless II: The Exorcism of Sofia Flores (The Merciless, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Merciless II: The Exorcism of Sofia Flores (The Merciless, #2)

The Merciless II: The Exorcism of Sofia Flores

(The Merciless #2)

Danielle Vega—YA’s answer to Stephen King—once again brings major scares in the spine-tingling sequel to horror hit The Merciless, which MTV calls “Mean Girls meets The Exorcist.”

Sofia is still processing the horrific truth of what happened when she and three friends performed an exorcism that spiraled horribly out of control. Ever since that night, Sofia has been haunt
Published July 5th 2016 by Razorbill

To ask other readers questions about The Merciless II, please sign up.
Alexis Stillabower Yes sadly she does pass away, but there is a second part to it that you find out later in the book.

Bri
Nov 01, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: buy
this sequel seems so unnecessary......
Crystal
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In the same light but still refreshingly different than the first.
I’m ready for the next one 😊
lauren ♡ (wonderless reviews)
The Merciless is one of my favourite horror books and books in general so I was excited but nervous when I heard a sequel was happening. I LOVED this though! I did have a couple of issues, but overall it was exactly what I needed. I feel like I’ve been neglecting my love of horror lately so I can read current releases and popular series I haven’t gotten to and this reminded me that it’s my favourite genre for a reason.
Elizabeth
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
It's hard to review a book that has already left your memory.

Just a quick summary: Sofia Flores survived the exorcism and death of her fellow classmates and friends(?). She convinces herself, with the help of a therapist, that the demonic events she witnessed were not real (yeah..okay). Then her mom dies (it's not a spoiler..it happens within the first 10 pages). Then she is sent to a Catholic school for troubled teens (not so much of the "troubled" but definitely some "teens"). There she meets
Shaina
These books definitely build on each other. Whew, the end, here, is the key. You can see it coming like a slow motion train collision and I discovered that no amount of clenching, hoping, or chewing hard candy makes it change of speed up.
I have a really bad cold or something from traveling so my reading has been going slow.
These all real with possession of perceived demon possession; and ppl who think they know enough as boorish amateurs to exorcise it from someone. The thing is, the real dange
Jay G
Sep 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Want to see more bookish things from me? Check out my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfer...

3.5/5 Stars

Months after being plagued with terrifying images in her head after an exorcism gone wrong and the death of her best friends, Sofia is trying to get her life back together. When her mother dies suddenly, she is sent to St. Mary's boarding school where she meets a mysterious boy named Jude. As they get to know each other, Jude becomes convinced that Sofia is possessed by the
Cassidy
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Just read this in one sitting cause I could not put it down! Which is no surprise to me considering I have devoured both of Danielle's other books in the same manner! ❤ can't wait to read more from this amazingly twisted author ...more
thepessimisticreader
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
Irene△⃒⃘➰
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
4.9/5

"You should be careful what you wigh for, Sofia"

Now Sofia is recovering from the past events. With the help of a psychiatrist she's now convinced that everything that happend was part of her immagination and that nothing really happened.
After her tragic mother's death, she is sent to St. Mary's Catholic school where she befriends pretty easily her two roommates, Leena and Sutton.
When Jude enters Sofia's life, strange and unexplicable things start to happen there, and Sofia starts a fight
Ashley Daviau
Dec 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
While I did very much enjoy this book, it just wasn’t quite as good as the first in the series and that’s why I gave it four stars instead of five. It doesn’t mean that it wasn’t excellent, it just lacked a little bit of oomph for me.

I think the main reason I disliked it was the setting. I wasn’t a fan of the school setup and how preachy and religious it was. It actually kind of drove me crazy, all the going on about sin and God.

But other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed the book. It’s creepy a
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: July 5, 2016
Genre: Young Adult Horror (possession)
Actual Rating: 3 Stars

Hmmm.... This is a hard book to review because I liked it BUT I didn't. One of the things I did like is that is started off right where The Merciless left off and continued to follow Sophia after her ordeal with the girls from book 1. At first I was concerned that I wouldn't remember the first book well enough to enjoy this, but everything swiftly poured back into my brain so it wasn't an issue. However,
Kayla
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars.

I liked this one considerably less than the previous book in this series. Although there were still entertaining parts it didn't hold my attention the way the first book did. I felt like there was a lot of repetitiveness. The ending did leave me wanting more so that's a plus and means that I will more than likely still pick up the third book.
Max Baker
I've tried to write this review for hours now and I'm hitting a roadblock here, because I can't really get into my thoughts on this book without getting into my thoughts on the first one. So this is going to be more of a review/analysis as the book series as a whole with a focus on The Merciless II.

The first book, The Merciless, was billed as Mean Girls meets The Exorcist, which is a lie. The Merciless was neither as terrifying as The Exorcist nor did it show the politics of teenage girls as Mea
Kelley
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2018
5/5 stars

The Merciless II: The Exorcism of Sofia Flores by Danielle Vega is a young-adult horror novel about the aftermath of the exorcism that Sofia helped with and where she goes from there. After all those crazy events Sofia as been seeing even more crazy things that she can’t explain to anyone. With all of the thoughts going through Sofia’s head she decides to finally go to a therapist. The crazy things that Sofia keeps seeing outside her window and when she is in the shower are just from t
Michael Araujo
Oct 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror
You read a book and you fly through it, eating up all of the words in one night and wanting more. You go into the sequel on this high, knowing it's going to be just as good if not better. Suddenly, you're hit by a wall and realize, this series has the darn sophomore syndrome.

Warning, this review might include spoilers.

I won't spoil much about the premise of the second book, especially if you haven't read the first and want to read the series. All you need to know is, Sofia is now at a Catholic
Dylan
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
NO NO I NEED MORE
paigeee [ a bookish brat ]
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.25 Stars.
This was actually WAY better than the first one.
After the first one, I wasn’t even sure if I wanted to continue the series.
There was one cheesy part I could do away with like 15 pages before the ending. It could have been done less B-Horror-ish. Just saying.

However, this one makes me want to read the third installment.
Ashley
Star Rating: 2.5 Stars

I just... really don’t like these books. There was no big surprise scare this time to get me to raise my rating. The supporting characters are basically so meaningless that it actually is irritating. Sofia is a constant flip flop changing character but not in a good way... it feels like a writing tactic that started out well but didn’t make sense in the end. A lot of unanswered questions I suppose. Meh.

A solid Meh-.
Chelsea Haslag
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ugh the first one was awesome! Can't believe there is going to be another one! Definitely one book I will be waiting for!
Brittany Kantack
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I liked this one so much better than the first one!
Erica (thebookishblondie)
This was a 3.5/5 star book for me, just because the sequel wasn't entirely necessary, and followed a similar plot and had similar aspects. However, I practically read it in one sitting because I couldn't put it down...I haven't really read any horror novels but I feel that this is a good place to start!! Highly recommend this series if you're looking for something to shock you! After the ending of this one it seems like there might be another book and I can't wait!!
Hazel (Stay Bookish)
Danielle Vega delivers another good thriller! As always, her books are really disturbing and I kinda like it. BUT. I've yet to fall in love with any of them. Not sure if it's because I'm not a huge fan of the genre or because I'm craving the kind of character development I love reading in contemporaries. Still, if anyone asked me for horror/thriller recs, I'd surely mention Vega's books!
Shelby
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In my opinion, this book was way better than the first one! Daniella Vega gets straight into everything with these books and I love it! I'm sad I have to wait another year for the next one to come out, but it's worth the wait.
Chris
Jun 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Okay I don't know what is wrong just as the first book it was good until the last chapter and then it just got a little too weird. Could it be that the author want to continue the story. This book is again about Sofia after the night that all her friends die. Sofia's mother dies and her grandmother is put in a home and she is shipped off the a catholic girls school. She has 2 roommates that she hopes she can be friends with but then things start happening. She blames herself. Throw in a guy that ...more
Books on Stereo
Mar 02, 2018 rated it did not like it
An abundance of set-up with no payoff.
Hope (HopelessBookAddict)
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was dark and twisted and I loved it! Way better then the first!
Ashleigh
The Merciless II picks up 2 months after the events of the first book. Sofia is still trying to come to terms with the botched exorcism and murderous rampage of Brooklyn. Her mother is unfortunately killed in a car accident, and as her grandmother is incapacitated after her stroke, she is placed into a care home and Sofia is shipped off to a Catholic boarding school.

At the school, she immediately becomes good friends with her roommates Leena and Sutton. But when she falls for Leena's long term
Gerard Villegas
Merciless II? Seriously? That's the best title for a sequel? How about Merciless II: Two Shades of Poo? That pretty much sums up the second part of this terrible series since the first book was bad enough on the first go-around. Obviously, I haven't learned anything since the original Merciless but apparently I'm a glutton for punishment and deserved to be flogged. Oh wait, they have that in this book. Talk about acting up my kinky fetish fantasies.

Now where do start? When we last left our heroi
Meg
Apr 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Just as amazing as the first one!!! I kinda really want there to be another one but k can definitely understand why maybe she wouldn't write another one.

Longer review to come soon! :)
Johaly
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, ya

• The Last Harvest
  • MARY: Unleashed (Bloody Mary, #2)
  • Return to the Dark House (Dark House, #2)
  • Possession (Diary of a Haunting, #2)
  • Kieli, Vol. 2
  • Retribution (DarkWorld: Irin Chronicles #1)
  • One Must Kill Another
  • Awakened (The Legends Of Elyndia, #1)
  • The Fall of the Governor: Parts 1 & 2
  • The Accidental Witch (The Accidental Witch #1)
  • Soul Storm (Soul, #3)
  • Ghosts of Demons Past
  • When Angels Fall
  • Passenger (The Marbury Lens, #2)
  • Trick 'r Treat: Days of the Dead
  • The Ravenous
  • The Cemetery Boys
Danielle Vega is the author of THE MERCILESS and SURVIVE THE NIGHT. She's also the author of BURNING, under the name Danielle Rollins.

The Merciless (4 books)
  • The Merciless (The Merciless, #1)
  • The Merciless III: Origins of Evil (The Merciless, #3)
  • The Merciless IV: Last Rites (The Merciless, #4)