Start by marking “Bay of Sighs (The Guardians Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bay of Sighs (The Guardians Trilogy, #2)

Bay of Sighs

(The Guardians Trilogy #2)

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  15,888 ratings  ·  1,132 reviews
To celebrate the rise of their new queen, three goddesses of the moon created three stars, one of fire, one of ice, one of water. But then they fell from the sky, putting the fate of all worlds in danger. And now three women and three men join forces to pick up the pieces.

Mermaid Annika is from the sea, and it is there she must return after her quest to find the stars. New
Published June 14th 2016 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Bay of Sighs, please sign up.
Kris Dickinson Her trilogies are ALWAYS better read in order, otherwise you'll miss stuff that you would have picked up on if youd read the previous or, and the…moreHer trilogies are ALWAYS better read in order, otherwise you'll miss stuff that you would have picked up on if youd read the previous or, and the story lines and backstories will make much better sense. Trust me, they are worth waiting for! Ive read every book Nora has written to date She writes so descriptively that the stories set in Ireland, for instance, close your eyes and you can imagine standing on those fragrant green hills. I can practically guarantee that you will love them :)(less)

·  15,888 ratings  ·  1,132 reviews

Julia's Book Haven
Nov 08, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: tbr-books-i-have
Sigh 7 months between books, I should have known better and waited to start this series lol
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Nora Roberts, hands down, knows how to write a paranormal romance series like nobody else.

They are always enthralling, fascinating, completely addicting, and ones you never want to end. Her newest and latest is not an exception.

I wasn't sure how I was going to like this installment, knowing that it would be mostly told from Annika's point of view. Not because I didn't like her, quite the contrary but because of what she was and how that point of view might be because of it. She is super innocen
Jonetta
Originally posted on The Book Nympho

The journey of the six continues following the collection of the first star. This time, the locale is the Isle of Capri in Italy and Nerezza eventually discovers them. But this time, she enlists the help of a rogue known to the group. Sawyer King and his famous compass are the focus, as is the beautiful Annika, the siren from the sea.

Though plagued with a terribly slow start, Annika made this a captivating and fun story. Her naïveté and innocence, overlayed w
Erin
Dec 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own, series
Now on the isle of Capri and having acquired the fire star the six-Sasha, Bran, Sawyer, Annika, Riley, and Doyle are searching for the second Star of Fortune, the water star. But the evil goddess Nerezza is on a mission to have her revenge and she recruits some of the cruellest humans to help her. On top of that Sawyer and Annika fight their feelings for one another. After all, can a mermaid and a time traveler ever find love?

I love the camaraderie between the six and the atmosphere was definit
Blacky *Romance Addict*
So. Mermaid sex. That was weird.

The book was great though, I'm loving the story and the fact that there are 6 of them working together in all the books.
Can't wait for Doyle *.*
☕️Kimberly
Mar 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
One of the things I like most in this trilogy is the uniqueness of each character. The six fated to save the world are more than just human. Sasha is a seer and Bran a magician. Annika a mermaid granted three moons with human legs to complete her quest. Sawyer a time traveler, Doyle an immortal, and snarky archeologist Riley is a shifter. Together they formed a family and have each other’s six. In Bay of Sighs they continue to grow stronger as they search for the second star.

In the first book,
Ira
Sep 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars.
It was good, continuing from book #1

The heroine is a mermaid, I was listening audiobook version, while I like the story, the narrator tried too hard with Annika’s voice, she sounds naive instead of, oh I don’t know what to expect with how a mermaid should talk, lol. Eventhought she had learn in her world, she new with the language and lots of things that we took for granted in everyday life. I can see the narrator’s problem now 😂🤣

I love Sawyer and Annika, the time traveler and the mer
Lisa
Jul 10, 2016 rated it did not like it
I like Nora Roberts's books and her "In Death" series written as JD Robb. But these supernatural series are getting tiring. The books are padded to make them long enough for a trilogy--the story really could have been told in one book. The Bride series or the Inn/Boonsboro were much better than these fantasy stories. Nora should shelve her fantasy ideas (mermaids, werewolf, time traveler) or maybe let JD Robb use those ideas. Nora is best with REAL people and more description. I did not care for ...more
Cyndi
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent middle book! So many times the second book in a trio doesn't move the story along and is just a filler. But Nora always uses the second book to build the suspense.
This book is much more violent than the first one. But it has the calming additions of the mermaid.
Annika. Now you may think the weirdest thing about her would be the tail, but...she LIKES to do dishes! Weird! Add to that, she likes calisthenics! And laundry! So weird. 😳
Anyway, I absolutely love all the comic book refere
Wanderlust_WL
I really like this paranormal fantasy series- with the chosen six each having extraordinary abilities but working together as a team on their quest to save the world. Also, love the couple pairings - first Sasha and Bran then Annika and Sawyer. Can't wait to read the last book for an epic conclusion and the possible development of romance between Doyle and Riley!
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
If there is one writer that has made an impact in the reading world it has to be Nora Roberts. With the multiple styles and types of books that she writes, she has never missed the mark on offering an engaging and delightful read. I was able to review this new release from this powerhouse and was blown away with this amazing read.

Bay of Sighs is a remarkable story. I fell in love with the characters from the very beginning. Annika is a sweet, delightful character that just makes you happy. I can
Ballerina60
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
so much time has passed since the first book, that i had actually forgotten about this series. and then in the beginning i had a lot of trouble remembering who each of these characters were. once i got that under control, i could sit back and enjoy. NR grabs you by the throat at the beginning of a book and doesn't let got until the end. i always read her books fast; i just can't put them down. i loved the story -- the jokes, the tight friendships, the ideas tossed around about how to "rescue" th ...more
Jacob Proffitt
Dec 05, 2017 marked it as unfinished
I made it about a third of the way in and just . . . fell out of the mood? I put it down and thinking about picking it back up gives me a blah. I'm not going to rate it because I may fall back into the mood and don't want to prejudice myself if that happens.
Stacie
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Solid 4 "Splash!" Stars!!

No doubt, this book is slow. There is a lot of training, and cooking, and eating, and yadda, yadda, yadda. But! When the action came, it was very good. This story is classic good-vs-evil. I like it! And I simply adored Annika and Sawyer. She is just delightful. Sweetness and light. Plus I think mermaids are super cool. He is such a sweetheart gentleman. His heart is so honorable. They love each other like a fish and a bird- or better yet some land animal. You get what I'
Alex is The Romance Fox
Bay of Sighs is the 2nd book in Nora Roberts latest The Guardians Trilogy.
I was not impressed with the follow-up to book 1, Stars of Fortune.... https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2... which I loved.

Annika and Sawyer's story just dragged on most of the time....okay, the Isle of Capri setting...
 photo images_zpsxzmqhrns.jpg
...fabulous!!!

But....
all that training going on....and on....and on!!! All the mermaid and sex and penis jokes...........after a while....just got boring and more boring!! Even the evil goddess Nerezza
Dottie
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I like how this book took a turn and it was actually through the eyes of a different character. I caught myself laughing a couple of times. I did enjoy it but I like book one better. I am however looking forward to book three. I would like to see how it all comes together in the end. ...more
Megzy
Mar 03, 2016 rated it really liked it

Not as good as the first book in the series. Even though I really liked the main characters, I had a hard time imagining they had sex in her natural form, her being a mermaid. The protagonist wasn't as fierce in this one and the killing team was disposed off too fast in my opinion.
Lover of Romance
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
*sigh* this was such a wonderful story!!! Is it bad for me to say that the MERMAID is my favorite character of the six here. My goodness she is so badass yet sweet and hilarious. I love how honest she is and just says exactly what she is thinking and has no clue about what is politically correct or social behaviors and its so funny. Like when she wants the hero for sex, she doesn't understand the steps to having sex with a guy. She doesn't understand if he is willing, and she is willing....then ...more
Lexy
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thought Bay of Sighs by Nora Roberts was a pretty good second book to the garden series.
Vi ❤ Inkvotary
Holy crab, what an end .... The scene where Annika gets the star - beautiful.

I was really curious to read how she will develop Annika further, and how the story about the Stars would continue.

And after the first book I was a bit disappointed because the way all the characters were was something I dont bring in connection with Nora Roberts.

Annika is in love with Sawyer. But as a mermaid she has to stay quiet. Cant let him know that she feels what she feels for him, because he has to do the lit
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Amanda's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

The Bay of Sighs, the second book in The Guardians trilogy, is packed with action and adventure and picks up right after the end of book one. The six guardians have landed in Capri to search for the second star, the Water Star, before Nerezza has regrouped after her failed attempt to steal the first star. Annika and Sawyer are front and center in this installment and find themselves the ones to retrieve the star and fall in love as well.

Anni
Anita
Nov 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Annika - a mermaid
Sawyer - a time traveler with a magic compass
Riley - an archaeologist werewolf
Doyle - an immortal warrior
Bran - an Irish sorcerer
Sasha - an artist and seer

Nora Roberts has assembled a varied cast with nothing in common except the quest to recover and save the three Stars of Fortune from the evil goddess Nerezza. Bran and Sasha found they also were meant for each other in the first book. After finding the first star and defeating Nerezza in an epic battle, our little group is no
Marsha Wilde
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to the author and publisher for the Goodreads giveaway copy, provided in the exchange for an honest review.

There's something to be said for finding the fresh, the joy, the unique in the everyday. It's something we struggle not to take for granted. It's something we should treasure. And it's something Annika gives us…the laughter, the wonder, the gift.

She wishes no harm, yet she fights. She hears the end, yet she loves. She creates beauty. She cherishes moments. She's grace and fluidity…an
Anali
Mar 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“I’m not going to leave you. I’d never leave you. No.”

Bay of Sighs es la segunda parte de la Trilogía de Los Guardianes. Como Stars of Fortune, esta novela tiene dos líneas principales, la romántica y la de fantasía. Aunque, en comparación con la primera, Bay of sighs me ha gustado un poco más. No por la trama fantástica, sino por el romance.

En esta novela, siguen las aventuras de los guardianes: Sacha, Bran, Swayer, Annika, Riley y Doyle. Ellos han aceptado su destino por completo y se esf
Jess
Jan 15, 2016 marked it as did-not-finish
I made it to 49%, but the heroine really does read like a toddler talking about sex and I just cannot deal with that. I can't.
Jaya
3.65-am-pleasantly-surprised-charmed-and-fully-entertained-bollywood-style-stars
Tim
Oct 13, 2016 rated it did not like it
Quite a letdown after the first in the trilogy. The characters seem more like adolescents than adults. 3 of 10 stars
Angela
Because I was on a roll, I grabbed this book immediately upon finishing Stars of Fortune.

I'm curious about how people will react to Annika, and her romance, in this book. It's not that Annika is innocent or childlike, exactly, but she's definitely not... Well, she's not as jaded as most people are by the time they hit their late twenties or early thirties. She seems incredibly innocent, and almost child-like in her demeanor. Which can make it hard to buy into a romance. I think Nora Roberts does
Faye
Read: January 2018
Rating: 4.5/5 stars

I really enjoyed Bay of Sighs. Annika and Sawyer were a good couple, better than Sasha and Bran from book one, and the plot was stronger. I also liked the fact that a human villain was introduced here as a serious threat against the group. I was gripped by the story from beginning to end and am looking forward to reading the final book in the trilogy.
Lynn
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Bay of Sighs continues the Guardians' Trilogy. After finding and hiding the first of the three stars, the guardians are led to the island of Capri to look for the second. The search leads them to watery caves surrounding the island. Bran and Sasha have cemented their relationship, and in this book, Sawyer and Annika take center stage. Sawyer, whose has the ability to use a magic compass to take them to other places and times finds himself falling for Annika the mermaid chosen by her people t ...more
  • The Mammoth Book of Irish Romance
  • Rolling in the Deep (Hawaiian Heroes Book 2)
  • Siren's Call (Rainshadow, #4; Ghost Hunters, #12)
  • Festive in Death (In Death, #39)
  • Cyncerely Yours (World of the Lupi, #4.5)
  • Wickedly Wonderful (Baba Yaga, #2)
  • Land of Echoes (Cree Black, #2)
  • The Highlander Next Door (Spellbound Falls, #6)
  • In Too Deep (Arcane Society, #10; Looking Glass Trilogy, #1)
  • Thornlost  (Glass Thorns, #3)
  • Shadow Silence (Whisper Hollow, #2)
  • Sacred Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #3)
  • No Other Love (Lost Heirs, #3)
  • Raintree: Haunted (Raintree, #2)

The Guardians Trilogy (3 books)
  • Stars of Fortune (The Guardians Trilogy, #1)
  • Island of Glass (The Guardians Trilogy, #3)
“Some people get lifetimes, some get moments. I’ve got to tell myself it’s what you do with what you get that counts.” 2 likes
“Brother, when beauty falls into your hand, you hold on to it while you can. You could be dead tomorrow.
Well, that’s... inspiring.”