Start by marking “Dragons Among Them (Kingdoms of Fire and Ice, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dragons Among Them (Kingdoms of Fire and Ice, #1)

Dragons Among Them (Kingdoms of Fire and Ice #1)

Two secret worlds. One unstoppable passion. A fiery secret that could destroy them all.

Prince Zayne Godfrey, heir to Edana’s throne, is betrothed to the lone princess of rival kingdom Forath. While his heart is not in the arranged marriage, he will do his royal duty.

When he finds a beautiful stranger cornered by a pack of wolves, he doesn’t hesitate to shift into his gol
Published April 19th 2016 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Dragons Among Them, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragons Among Them

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
RATING 4.5 STARS

Dragons among them Kyra Jacobs:

Dragons Among Them is the very first book in the brand new series Kingdom of Fire and Ice by Kyra Jacobs. This is also the first book I have read by Ms. Jacobs. This book was generously provided to me in exchange for an honest review by the author.

The first thing I want to say about this book is, lets just all take a moment and stare at the cover. “Sigh.” That is what first drew me to this one. I couldn’t help but to be captured by that image of the woman encircled in the protect
Nicola
Mar 19, 2016 Nicola rated it it was amazing
Dragons Among Them is the second book I've read by Kyra Jacobs in as many weeks and, having enjoyed her contemporary romance, I had fairly high expectations for the first book in her Kingdoms of Fire and Ice series. I abso-bloody-lutely loved it and from the moment I picked it up, I couldn’t put it down.

description

“Forgive me, I’m terrible with UK geography. Is that north or south of Watford, Hertfordshire?”

In one breath, Adelaide Miller is happily discovering the English countryside, and in the next, s
Beth
Mar 08, 2016 Beth rated it really liked it
Dragons Among Them was a highly imaginative dragon shifter fantasy.

Modern day photographer, Adelaide is transported to another realm where life is much more medieval. Dragons shifters walk this realm and Zayne just happens to be a prince to one of their lands.

A plot against Zayne’s kingdom of Edana threatens to destroy the peace Zayne’s family is hopeful to secure, while Adelaide’s presences disrupts the arranged marriage between Zayne and a princess from the land they wish to secure with Zayne’
Juliette Cross
Oct 17, 2015 Juliette Cross rated it it was amazing
A thrilling debut to a promising new series. Well done, Ms. Jacobs.
***Full review closer to release.***
Rhenna Morgan
Mar 03, 2016 Rhenna Morgan rated it it was amazing
The only thing better than a rock solid, twisty-turvy fantasy romance is to add dragons! Given I knew going in that Kyra's book would have both, I was pretty sure I'd enjoy it, but WHOA...what a ride. All the earmarks fantasy romances lovers look for are there--travel between realms, suspensful plots, waring kingdoms, and sweeping romance! Oh, did I mention DRAGONS? And a gold one at that.

As for the romance, the story between Addie and Zayne was beautiful. I love the fact that their romance was
Ann Lou
Sep 02, 2016 Ann Lou rated it really liked it
This book is one big fairytale and I loved it! While reading this, I was also trying to visualize how it will play on my TV. The curse will only be broken by true love with the half sister as the evil character. Plus, the golden scale dragon is the best in this book. Can't wait to read book 2.
Stacie
Feb 15, 2016 Stacie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great new series I'll certainly be keeping up with. Addie and Zayne were so sweet and cute together. Plus, I do love the dragons!! I'm looking forward to Addie and Zayne's next adventure. Happy reading!!
Erin Kelly
Aug 22, 2016 Erin Kelly rated it really liked it
"Dragons Among Them" is the first installment in Kyra Jacobs’ series, The Kingdoms of Ice and Fire. As a person with eyes, I was completely drawn in by the cover, (isn’t it gorgeous?) and was really looking forward to reading this book. I had read and enjoyed Jacobs’ introduction to the contemporary Checkerberry Inn series, but it was so different from this that I was definitely curious if she could pull off fantasy and dragons.

The Story- Adelaide (love the name) is a photographer who falls thr
Stacy
Feb 26, 2016 Stacy rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
When I saw that one of my favorite authors Juliette Cross gave DRAGONS AMONG THEM 5 stars, I knew I had to read it.

It was easy to connect emotionally with Adelaide. The world she finds herself in is definitely hard for her to believe, but she makes it work for her while also trying to find a way home. I liked how Adelaide was able to connect with the secondary characters in DRAGONS AMONG THEM and win them over even though they weren't very fond of her in the start. There is just something about
C.D. Brennan
Oct 28, 2015 C.D. Brennan rated it it was amazing
As an editor friend of Kyra's, I had the pleasure of being able to read this story while it will still being considered for publication. Many, many books go through my hands, but I have to tell you this story is fantastic. Of course, one of my favorite genres is fantasy and one of my favorites creatures are dragons. But beyond that, Miss Jacobs has taken the time to build a world for us to submerge ourselves and a great storyline to keep you captivated. Well done!
Christina
Apr 03, 2016 Christina rated it really liked it
4 Stars - 3 Flames

Well THAT was unexpected. Although I read the blurb, I must say that I was truly surprised by how at ease I felt reading about two characters from different worlds coming together and falling in love. This is also the first Dragon book I've read that ACTUALLY FREAKING HAD DRAGONS (Yep, I said it). How could I have missed reading books with Dragons? They are amazing!!!

Addie is a photographer from our world who literally falls down the rabbit's hole to find herself surrounded by
Michele
Oct 28, 2015 Michele rated it it was amazing
Wow, just wow! This is a book that you MUST put on your to-be-read list. I am so honored to have had the opportunity to BETA read this! This is a most deserved 5 star rating as I typically do not read books about Princes and far-away lands and I honestly had reservations about agreeing to read this. But, once I started, I was sooooo hooked! I love this and plan to have my mom, family and friends read it. Cannot wait for the rest of the series! Awesome job Kyra!
Fawn
Aug 16, 2016 Fawn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dragons Among Them

Here is an adult fairy tale story filled with dragons, a modern day Damsel, and her Prince. Neither fights the attraction for each other which leads to some hot and detailed forest romps. This is written in a simple easy to follow manner.
Sabine Priestley
Oct 29, 2015 Sabine Priestley rated it it was amazing
I read a beta version of this. 1st in a new series it’s a really fun read. What's not to love about men who shape shift into dragons? The characters were well flushed out and the story super entertaining.
The Genre Minx Book Reviews
Mar 01, 2016 The Genre Minx Book Reviews rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Lovers of adult fairy tales
This review is based on an ARC I received from NetGalley. It is an honest review and the advanced receipt of it in no way affected my review or rating.

“Helena shifted her gaze to the glossy red wax seal stamped upon the rolled parchment and brushed a trembling finger across the intricate design. Had her plan been discovered? She drew in a deep breath and opened the scroll. Three words greeted her: It is done.”

Adelaide Miller is a photographer with a past she would soon rather forget. She has bet
Claire Robinson
Mar 24, 2016 Claire Robinson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shit-hot-series
5 - A life for a life. Stars!

Sometimes a book comes out of left-field, slaps you round the head, and leaves you with an unexpected book hangover. Dragons Among Them is a book I wholeheartedly put into that category, and I cannot wait to read more from this series.

Not really sitting in any one genre, the story has element of PNR and Fantasy about it, moving between modern day Britain and the Kingdoms of Edana and Forath. Dragons, wizards and magic are abound, and when Adelaide Miller suddenly s
Nikki Brandyberry
Apr 18, 2016 Nikki Brandyberry rated it really liked it
Readers who know anything about me, know I have a soft spot for dragons. They are my absolute favorite shifter to read and I’ve been known to devour entire series in a weekend if given the chance. New to me authors always come with a touch of uncertainty when I pick up a book, but when I find one who has the talent, who brings the “A” game, I feel the need to tell everyone. Kyra Jacobs is that author.

Addie has found herself in unfamiliar territory after nearly getting run over by a car, then fal
Tracie Runge
Mar 26, 2016 Tracie Runge rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgally
I enjoyed Reading Dragons Among Them , the story was well paced, and there was a good balance between storyline and character development. I look forward to reading more books from this author.
Miranda (MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It)
"In a single day, the mysterious woodland nymph had stolen his heart."

So, this book had a major case of insta-love. I am not a fan of insta-love, so I didn't enjoy the romance in this book as much as I wanted to. I think I would have liked this book better if there wasn't insta-love. I think a slow burning romance would have worked a lot better for the plot.

I couldn't believe the romantic connection between Addie and Zayne. They had a ton of chemistry, which lead to some steamy scenes, but
Latoya Fife
Nov 03, 2016 Latoya Fife rated it it was amazing
I came across this book on a site that I love called NetGalley , where readers can get an advance digital copy of a book before its published. Authors get honest feedback about their book before publishing. As always I would like to say I am not reviewing this book on behalf of any publishing group or company. I was not compensated for this review; this is my honest review of a free book I received.

Dragons among them by Kyra Jacobs starts off in the voice of the protagonist Adelaide Miller a bud
Michele Flohr Arnold
Oct 29, 2015 Michele Flohr Arnold rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Renay
Apr 17, 2016 Renay rated it really liked it
Shelves: ray2016, pnr-uf-2016
This is a fast paced book that will have readers enjoying this brand new world of dragons with many surprise twists. It has betrayal, suspense, mystery, and romance. The magic and fantasy story made reading very easy to connect with Adelaide and Zayne.

The villain in this book was great, she rock. The imagination of the kingdoms as it unfold was a wonderful adventure.
Judith Post
Apr 28, 2016 Judith Post rated it really liked it
A fun, fun read! Loved Zayne, and Addie was a great protagonist with just the right amount of attitude. The humor was a perfect touch. Reading this was a great way to end the night.
Seffra
Mar 08, 2017 Seffra rated it liked it

So, this book took be quite a bit to read because it failed to grasp my attention from the beginning. And then, BAM! Insta-love. The love came out of no where and it is a trope I cannot stand in my romance novels. I enjoy fleshed out relationships and this book did not have that.

Did I enjoy the dragons? HECK YA! I love dragons and I though Jacobs did them really well. Overall, it was a fun read but I wish the author tried out a slow-burning love story for this couple as I think it would
Eva Millien
Apr 18, 2016 Eva Millien rated it really liked it
Dragons Among Them (Kingdoms of Fire and Ice #1) by Kyra Jacobs As the heir to Edana’s throne, Prince Zayne Godfrey accepts it as his duty to wed the lone princess of Forath until he finds a beautiful stranger cornered by a pack of wolves and his burning passion for her jeopardizes everything in this fascinating fantasy romance.

Book Gannet
Mar 05, 2016 Book Gannet rated it it was ok
I don’t really have much to say about this book. Addie is stunningly beautiful and kind of boring, focused only on getting home despite not having anything to return for, while Zayne is a selfish, spoiled brat who has clearly lived his life only for himself up until this point, and plans to keep doing so regardless of anything else in the future. Yes, yes, one true love and all that, but Zayne is a crown prince supposedly marrying to save his people from war, except he keeps putting off the marr ...more
Angelspearl
Mar 15, 2016 Angelspearl rated it liked it
I thought the blurb for this book was interesting so I thought why now give it a try, besides its got dragons and you all know I love dragons!

This is a bit of a fairytale-esq ( I know, I make up the strangest words) type of read. It is quite predictable but most times I don’t mind that as long as the journey from start to finish is fun and entertaining.

The world building I thought was not really great, I never quite felt like I was transported to this medieval time as the only things that hinted
Eva Millien
Apr 18, 2016 Eva Millien rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

While on a photo shoot, a bizarre jogging mishap lands Adelaide Miller in a dangerous, medieval-like world of royals, wizards and dragon-shifting men and the readers can’t help but become ensnared as a fire-breathing prince threatens
Jeannie Zelos
Apr 20, 2016 Jeannie Zelos rated it liked it
Dragons Among Them,  Kyra Jacobs

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre:  Romance, Sci-fi and Fantasy

Kyra’s a new-to-me author so I wasn’t sure what to expect from this, but it sounded fun, set in UK – and as a UK resident that’s always fun, and Dragons – well, “real” fantasy creatures there!

Sadly though I read it all and enjoyed parts it wasn’t really a series for me. It felt very like a YA read but with some spicy, sensual sex added. I do read some YA, some transcend age groupings but th
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Forsaken (Fallen Siren, #2.5)
  • Dance with the Devil (Soul's Harbor Pride, #1)
  • The Dragons' Demon: A Dragon's Dream (Ethereal Foes, #1)
  • Black Rook (Cornerstone Run Trilogy, #1)
  • Waking the Dragon (Vale of Stars, #1)
  • Corrigan Fire (Corrigan, #1)
  • Forbidden Love (Wolf Hunt, #1)
  • Soul Redeemed (Sons of Wrath, #4)
  • Ruined (Shadowed Love, Book One)
  • Faerie Godmother (Mythic, #1)
  • Bride Of The Dragon
  • Tarnished (Wolf Gatherings, #1)
  • Madness (Shadow-Keepers, #1)
  • Dark Deceit (Dark #1)
  • Blood Bonds (City of Dragons, #1)
  • Ares (Guardians of Hades, #1)
  • First Bite (Dark Wolf, #1)
  • War's Passion (Sons of War, #1)
Kyra Jacobs is an extroverted introvert who writes of love, humor and mystery in the Midwest and beyond. When this Hoosier native isn’t pounding out scenes for her next book, she's likely outside, elbow-deep in snapdragons or spending quality time with her sports-loving family. Kyra also loves to read, tries to golf, and is an avid college football fan.
Be sure to stop by her website www.KyraJacob
More about Kyra Jacobs...

Kingdoms of Fire and Ice (3 books)
  • Dragons Against Them (Kingdoms of Fire and Ice, #2)
  • The Dragon Within (Kingdoms of Fire and Ice, #3)