Start by marking “Lies (Phoenix Undercover, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lies (Phoenix Undercover, #1)

Lies (Phoenix Undercover #1)

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  396 Ratings  ·  109 Reviews
FBI Agent Joshua Phoenix goes undercover…Deep.

Thrust into a world of drugs and criminal activity, integrating himself into the Russian Mafia turned out to be much more than Josh bargained for.

It’s dark and it’s dangerous.

The lives they destroy along the way will never be the same.

The things he is forced to do will haunt him forever.

Even more importantly, he never plan
Kindle Edition, First Edition, 147 pages
Published November 24th 2015 by Limitless Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lies

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
༺**Complimentary Copy**༺ Provided by the author
"C.A. Harms" in exchange for an honest review..Thank you!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TITLE: Lies
AUTHOR: C.A. Harms
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: November 24th, 2015

MY RATING: 4 Agent Sexy Stars

This will be my first time reading something by this author so I'm pretty keen to see how this story unfolds..I love anything mafia related so when I saw this doing the rounds I had to jump on it..

LIES: Takes us straight into a date from hell which had me giggling with t
Sabrina
Now LIVE!
*Amazon US*Amazon UK*

4 'Deep Undercover' Stars

Josh Phoenix, FBI agent, gets a new assignment and has to go undercover into the Russian Mafia. Wanting one last night out before he has to go deep into the Mafia, he and his best buddy gets a date and go to hang out at a club. But when his date shows up she's not the same put together woman he saw in a coffee shop, she's a loud, makeup painted on, annoyance.

The same night Gabby's sister has dragged her out to the club to let lose but she j
Kellie
Dec 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-reviewed
This was my first CA Harms read but will not be my last. The book starts off with a bang and keeps you sucked in from then to the end. The mix of steamy scenes, suspenseful drama and comedic relief were unparalleled. I absolutely loved the chemistry between Josh and Gabi and from the moment they met at the bar when Josh was on the date from hell with the clown (LOL!) and Gabriella was dragged along with her slightly immature and irresponsible younger sister, I knew I'd love the two of them toget ...more
She Hearts Books
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am a such a fan of CA's that I couldn't wait to read the first book in her new series. Lies is a roller coaster ride with passion and danger and I couldn't put it down until the very end wanting more.

Josh is an FBI agent on his way undercover for a very important case when he meets Gabby. It's a bit of insta-love which I LOVE. They fall hard for each other. I mean hard. Hard enough that Josh struggles with this case knowing that it could end up hurting Gabby if things go bad. There's also the
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cliffhanger, loved-it
This author certainly knows how to captivate her readers. Each book I've read by this author I find myself loving even more than the previous book. This book is no exception. It's my favourite so far.

FBI Agent Joshua Phoenix is about to go undercover with the Russian Mafia. The night before he leaves he finds himself in a club where he meets Gabby. Although relationships aren't good if your about to go undercover Joshua can't forget Gabby. Can they make it work?

Brilliant storyline with twists
Lustful Literature
Dec 06, 2015 rated it really liked it

JOSIE'S 4.5 STAR REVIEW

I am a huge fan of C.A. Harms. There has not been a book from this author that I have not loved, so naturally when I got the opportunity to read Lies, I jumped right in. Lies is a quick read about 147 pages, but do not let that stop you from picking this up. This author throws so much into this story that it will leave you jumping in your seat. Only C.A. Harms can turn a short read into an emotional roller coaster ride that had me wanting to throw my Kindle all the while f
Amy
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lies (Phoenix Undercover Series #1)
C. A. Harms
5 stars

Im telling you ladies its been a couple hard days of reading ARC’s and this one is no different. I have people kidnapped and being held hostage until next year, surprising MC prospects through the holidays until next year, folks buried in shallow graves until next year and now … this … Joshua Phoenix and his boys along with Ashley and Gabriella Shannon.

Joshua Phoenix is going undercover just as he meets Gabby. The girl has taken his heart int
Mary Tatar
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
What's better than a charismatic, and drop-dead gorgeous FBI agent? One that goes undercover with the Russian mafia to crack the case of the century. I was thrust into an entirely whole new world with Lies. It was suspenseful, intense, and heartbreaking all at the same time. I read the entire book in one night. I didn't want to put it down. It was one of those books for me that I had to read from the first page to the last. A satisfying story to fall into.

We meet Joshua in the very beginning of
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥

It is hard enough to begin a relationship when the two people have busy lives, it is even harder when one of them is an undercover FBI agent and goes on assignment right after meeting that special someone. I really felt for Josh because he finds Gabby right before starting his undercover assignment. He doesn’t want to lose Gabby by being unavailable but at the same time he knows that he will be gone for long periods of time. Is he selfish? Honestl
Mamacita wants a Bedtime Story
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
An ARC was provided and received in exchange for an honest review.

5 "GIVE ME MORE AGENT SEXY" STARS

OMG THAT FREAKING ENDING!!! I need more Agent Sexy Josh right now! This book is part of a series and ended on a cliffhanger but I loved every minute of it. There are twists and turns that went places I did not think in a million years it would go. I can't wait for the next book. This author is new to me but is well on my radar now!

It starts out with a prologue of a bad situation letting you know
Kimberly
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap on a cracker Batman, I need the next book like NOW! Stars...

Josh has worked hard to finally become an FBI agent, and just as he is about to embark on a big case he meets Gabby by chance. Their chemistry is electric from the word go, they can't resist each other. Josh knows he is about to go undercover on a dangerous case, and he shouldn't get involved, but he can't resist Gabby. Of course the job gets in the way, and things become very dangerous and complicated very quickly. Will their
Bridgett
Shelves: buy-paperback
CA Harms has a knack for writing a story. It just flows effortlessly and always manages to pull me in so that I feel the story she’s telling. My emotions were all over the scale with this one! I will definitely be recommending it to my friends!

Branching out to the romantic suspense genre was definitely a great decision for Harms…it was absolutely amazing! Lots of suspense and it keeps you on the edge wondering what will come next.

Right from the beginning, I loved Josh and Gabby. They are both s
SiKReviews
Nov 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ok first I have to say, if it has to end in a freaking CLIFFHANGER!!!!!, at least it is writing by the fabulous CA Harms. Josh is the manly but loveable FBI agent a girl can really fall in love with. He would have never taken this assignment if he had met Gabby first. Just when he has found her, he has to let her go.

She isn't one to party or sleep around. When she does something so out of character, Gabby knows there is something there. Can she let Josh's job take precedence over their relations
Cherry Hurtado
Dec 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WOW!! Why would I even think this book would be something I wouldn't like? Because I'm dumb! CA Harms has done it again! I'm in love with this book!

This book was great from the beginning. It starts fast and it ends fast. But of course CA gives us a damn cliff. I know they are coming but I never know how bad they are gonna be and this one is killing me.

Every character in this book is a character that you connect with.. I think the only character I wanted to punch was Brooke. I disliked her a lo
C.A. Harms
Nov 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
IT IS NOW LIVE ON AMAZON!!!!
All Reviews are GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Thank you all for you continued support and no worries Gabby and Josh will be back VERY soon.

Link: http://amzn.com/B016LVX1CU
Nancy Metsch
OMG!!!! OMG!!!! OMG!!
This was the best book I have ever read in my life!!! CA went out of her comfort zone with this book. And she made a home run, Detective Joshua Phoenix is my frigging hero.
Jen_C
Good story and main characters but I really hated the stuff Josh and Aubrey and the others did undercover. It is upsetting to think of government agents being paid to bring down these monsters by doing drugs, whoring themselves out, being abused, and beating and killing others. Even the ones that do not participate themselves stand by and watch it happening. Makes me really sad that so many sick people are out there. I know someone has to do the job, but I don't know how anyone could without lo ...more
Books Laid Bare
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OMG, I love this!!!!
Joshua Phoenix is FBI and being in a relationship isn’t exactly conducive to the undercover work that he has to participate in but he can’t give Gabby up and because of that he may just have put her right in the firing line.
A chance meeting came one day too late for Josh, because the role he is currently embroiled in would have most definitely been shelved if he had met Gabby before agreeing to participate. Dealing with the criminals that he does, he knows full well that he h
Escape Reality with Books
Nov 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was extremely excited to be able to receive an early copy of this book as I love law enforcement books and I love mafia books and this was a perfect blend of the two.

FBI Agent Joshua Pheonix has just volunteered for an extremely dangerous undercover operation that will thrust him into the high powered world of guns, drugs and the mafia. This operation is life or death and he will need to be on his toes not to screw this up. Having one last night out of drinks before he starts his undercover op
Confessions_of_a_Serial_Reader
Feb 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
When I originally prepared to read this book, I had gone and read some reviews that were on both Amazon and Goodreads and saw that they were a mixed bag of both good and - not so good. Now, I don't let the reviews of others sway me in any direction, but I do like to see what others opinions are, especially on the characters. I was somewhat surprised on what readers thought of Gabby.

That being said. I really LIKED Gabby. Yes, she had a rough time with the constraints and inconsistency of Josh's j
Heather andrews
Nov 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing

I thought Josh was a very sweet man, “you’re a cuddler,” Josh whispered, and I smiled. “I slept exceptionally well with you pressed against me. Better than I have in a long time.” Generally men don't like to go shopping with their women, but Josh he has no problem if it has to do with undergarments, “I like the red ones,” Josh said before turning back toward the display of lingerie. “Oh, and this color. Is that teal?” He lifted up the pair of panties and held them out before him. I smiled as a y
Deb
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
O.M.G.!! What a sensational romantic suspense must read, though I wanted to scream at the end with the major cliffhanger! LOL But, this incredible page turner was so awesome that I can't wait for the next book, but I will! ... "Lies" was the first book I've ever read by Ms. Harms, but it definitely won't be my last! A riveting, edge of your seat story-line with twists and turns that will keep the reader engaged. If it weren’t for his job in the FBI, Josh would be my perfect panty-melting hot boo ...more
Catarina Swartz
Dec 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is so suspenceful you won't want to put it down. You will be left wanting more. There are so many twist and turns that you head will spin and you will become a detective trying to cypher through the pages to work out who. Is the bad guy. You will totally be shocked as a new twist comes it to play.

I loved every page, Josh and Gabbie are so perfect together that, it make this book one hot and sexy read. You will love Josh and adore Gabbie and you just hope that they find their happy afte
Tami
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: harms
AWESOME read! It unfortunately ended in a HUGE cliffhanger. I abhor cliffhangers. To me they are nothing but an emotional roller coaster. I read to ESCAPE the emotional roller coasters.
BadDirtyBooks
Nov 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
awesomeness full review to come very soon!
Shari Kay
Mar 01, 2016 marked it as not-for-me
I don't care why...(view spoiler)

Sarah Beth
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great read with a twist at the end!

I wasn't really sure what this series was about but after reading CA Harms other books I gave it a try! AND I'm so glad I did it was absolutely the best! I sat down and started reading and didn't stop until the last page!! Its got a little bit of everything romance, secrets, mystery and a few twists along the way! I am so glad the next book is available because CA Harms left this one hanging by a very thin thread on a very high cliff!!
Kirsty Lyon
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Uh oh

Hey wait what??? Okay this book ends on a cliffhanger but leading into that you are placed into the world where noone is who they seem and people get hurt.
Now excuse me while I go and read book 2
Nikkita
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy wow!

The level of how much I loved this book is indescribable! From the first to the last page I was nothing but hooked. Between the story line, the incredible characters and how it was all beautifully written there is no downside to this book! Ends on a super suspense!
Kimberly
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh our dear undercover FBI agent

Loved this book even the cliffy at the end! I can't wait to see this series play out. A phenomenal book that leads you inside the walls of an undercover operation and their struggles leading a normal life as well. Loved it
  • Redemption (Chronicles of the Fallen, #2)
  • Passion After Dark (Passion, #1)
  • A Fighting Chance (Running Into Love, #4)
  • Hunger (The Seductors Series, #2)
  • Dating Delaney
  • Loverboy
  • Don't Close Your Eyes (Don't Close Your Eyes, #1)
  • Pan's Salvation (Dueling Devils, #5)
  • Keep It Safe (KIS #2)
  • Darkness Lurks (Darkness, #1)
  • Exotic Desires Vol. 1 (Exotic Desires, #1)
  • Surviving Brooklyn (Brooklyn, #1)
  • Agony
  • Come To Light (Imperfections #2)
  • Ultimate Deception (Harden, #2)
  • Broken Until You
  • Belong (Seven Year Itch, #3)
  • Salvage Her Heart

Phoenix Undercover (3 books)
  • Chaos (Phoenix Undercover, #2)
  • Revenge (Phoenix Undercover, #3)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Killman Creek (Stillhouse Lake, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Shaken (Jack Daniels Mystery, #7)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Day (Jessie Cole, #1)
  • Split Second
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Killing Lessons (Valerie Hart, #1)
  • Scat
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Blood Money (Joe Dillard #6)
  • Bluebird, Bluebird
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The Falcon at the Portal (Amelia Peabody, #11)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • In Good Faith (Joe Dillard #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Forbidden Stone (The Copernicus Legacy, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Monogram Murders
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Hanging Judge (The Judge Norcross Novels)
  • The Visitant: A Venetian Ghost Story
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Die Like an Eagle (Meg Langslow #20)
  • Damaged
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Virgin in the Ice (The Chronicles of Brother Cadfael)
  • Little Monsters
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Reason to Live (A Marty Singer Mystery Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Agatha Raisin and the Potted Gardener (Agatha Raisin, #3)
  • Infinity Born
    $6.99 $2.49
  • True Fiction (Ian Ludlow Thrillers #1)
  • The Long and Faraway Gone
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Deadly Recall (Jessie Cole, #2)
  • The Curse of the Pharaohs
  • When You Disappeared
  • Queenpin
  • I'm Thinking of Ending Things
  • Song of Kali
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Counterfeit Heiress (Lady Emily, #9)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Ugly Young Thing (Strangers #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Burglars Can't Be Choosers (Rhodenbarr, #1)
  • Trespassing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • In Cold Blood (A Beatrix Rose Thriller Book 1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Lord Peter Views the Body (Lord Peter Wimsey, #4)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Stranger Inside (Strangers #4)
  • The Remains
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Doubt (Caroline Auden, #1)
  • The Marriage Pact
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Signature Wounds (A Grale Thriller Book 1)
  • The Trouble with Goats and Sheep
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Naturalist (The Naturalist #1)
  • The Girl from the Sea
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Hammerhead Ranch Motel (Serge Storms Mystery, #2)
    $2.99 $1.99
  • The Five Red Herrings (Lord Peter Wimsey, #7)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Lady Cop Makes Trouble  (Kopp Sisters #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Stillhouse Lake (Stillhouse Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Death in the Devil's Acre (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #7)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • And Only to Deceive (Lady Emily, #1)
    $10.49 $1.99
  • Furious (Faith McMann Trilogy, #1)
  • The Forgotten Ones
  • Moving Day
  • Jade Dragon Mountain
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Hangman's Daughter (The Hangman's Daughter, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The 19th Wife
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Dead Over Heels (Aurora Teagarden, #5)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Whole Enchilada (A Goldy Schulz Culinary Mystery #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Bourne Identity (Jason Bourne, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Poisonous (Max Revere, #3)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • An Expert in Murder (Josephine Tey, #1)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Mission Flats
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Pigeon English
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Persons Unknown (DS Manon, #2)
  • The Given Day
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Cold Vengeance (Pendergast, #11)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Outrage (Faith McMann Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lion (John Corey, #5)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Injustice For All (Joe Dillard #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrath (Faith McMann Trilogy, #3)
  • The Stockholm Octavo
  • Fractured
  • The Winter Over
  • American by Day
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Shifting Tide (William Monk, #14)
  • The Necklace
  • Good Behavior
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Big Fear (Hollow City Series, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Birdman
  • Clockers
  • Never Smile at Strangers
  • The Moonlit Garden
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Holy Island (DCI Ryan Mysteries, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Barkeep
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Good Liar
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Cold (A Joe Tiplady Thriller #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Criminal Defense (Philadelphia Legal #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Poppy Done to Death (Aurora Teagarden, #8)
  • Twisted
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Open and Shut (Andy Carpenter Series, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • No Shred of Evidence (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #18)