Start by marking “La Douleur Exquise” as Want to Read:
La Douleur Exquise

La Douleur Exquise

What happens when you meet
your soul mate at the wrong time?
What happens when you meet
your soul mate but you aren't theirs?
Published November 16th 2015

To ask other readers questions about La Douleur Exquise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about La Douleur Exquise

Start your review of La Douleur Exquise
Angela
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
2.5/3

My expectations were way too high.
✰ Liz ✰
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry
“I believe the sky is crying for us & what we will never be.”
description

La Douleur Exquise is a beautiful collection of poems by the amazingly talented J.R. Rogue. I am a huge fan of her work and could not be more thrilled to have my own signed copy on my shelf! If you are a fan of poetry, this is one collection that will evoke a full spectrum of emotions. J.R. Rogue is a true master storyteller!

For more reviews/reveals/giveaways visit:

Courtney {SmuttyBookLover}
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This woman and her words are beyond beautiful... I want to buy a bottle of wine & pour the author a glass while asking her not only, a thousand questions about her life, but also how she knows so much about mine as well. I related to every line in one way or another and I hope to see much more from J.R. Rogue!
Neil (or bleed)
Jan 25, 2017 rated it liked it
I can't relate. Seriously.

But at least some poems in this collection did make their way into me.
Ashly
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry
Y’all, I’m fucking trash for Rogue’s poetry.
Alie
4.5 stars!

(Review to come)
A.S
I just remembered I got this a while back and enjoyed some of the poems, I’m not going to rate it because I didn’t finish all of them.
Victoria
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-and-read, poetry
So I followed this poet on social media and was very excited to dive neck deep into her works.

As a published author of a book of poetry, I know how it felt to release this baby into the wild. It was liberating, it was the feeling that you were tearing off layers of skin and exposing your innards for the world to see and judge at free will. I always wanted someone to give me solid advice when it came to my poetry, especially when the subject was heartbreak.
That alone made me give this author 5
Jamie Lynn
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: angsty, poetry
The definition of La Douleur Exquise is the heart wrenching pain of wanting someone you can’t have, and this book from J.R. Rogue lives up to its title. The poems contained within the pages are heart wrenching, and soul consuming. They are real, and I felt all of the heart ache that Rogue pulled from the depths of her soul.

I tried to pick a piece from the book that I could choose as a favorite, but the fact is that I found myself identifying with everything. There is not a poem in those pages th
Brina
Jan 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, poetry
2.5 - 3 Stars

I was really looking forward to another great poetry collection by JR Rogue. I absouletly loved Rouge. Unfortunately, I couldn't relate to any of those poems, which has more to do with me personally rather than Rogue's poems.
Although this collection was a let- down for me, it won't stop me from purchasing more of Rogue's poems and novels.
Elena ( The Queen Reads )
I am not a big fan of poetry but some of these hurt me so yea 3 stars.
Cynthia Rodriguez
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Maybe I took it personally. A masterpiece.
Erin
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've been on a JR Rogue kick for days now even though I have already read most of her books. Once you start, it's difficult to stop. Each one I read pulls me into the raw angst she projects. Nothing sappy here. Pure. Powerful. Unadulterated. Heartbreak. This one isn't even my favorite yet I find myself reading it over again.
"I begged & I can still taste your pity"
Jackie (No Bent Spines)
Nov 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, 2015, poetry
I received this book for review from the author! Thank you so much. This did not influence my review.

Full review to come

Just like her Instagram, Rouge’s book is filled with poems like sounds so freaking relatable that it’s kind of startling. I read this in the car on the way into the city (yes, I live in the relative county and, no, I was not driving) for some food.

There are high lights in bright blue through out the book. And if I had a paper copy I’d color them in there too.

I’m always a lit
Natasha at Book Baristas
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Maybe there are some things the universe doesn't want you to know yet."

This was a quick read and so emotionally charged!! I'm a huge fan of J.R. Rogue's poetry so this collection of her work was stunning to read. I loved how much anguish you can feel just by reading her words. She's honest and incredibly lyrical. I loved this one. Will definitely be rereading.

"I will write stories about how we lost each other. (because that's the part I will never get over. that's the part I know best.)"
Butthisbook
Nov 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I've been an admirer of J.R. Rogue's work for quite some time. When I heard she was releasing a chapbook of her poetry I was very much excited, but this set of work is completely different from what I've read before. It's much more real and raw. I felt like I was able to relate to each and every piece in this chapbook. If you're looking for something real and honest Rogue won't disappoint. She's put so much of herself into her work that I already feel like I personally know her. I am very excite ...more
Hayley Stumbo
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Poetic perfection.

Entry 4 and Entry 6 ripped my heart out. Hello Fall 2005. It was like Rogue tapped into my high school life and wrote about my senior year.
There's something so pure and honest about poetry. It follows no rules and is probably one of the bravest things someone can write. These words leave me feeling like I'm sitting at the bottom of the ocean, and I mean that in a good way.

I look forward to more poems by Rogue.

Yashira
Dec 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful words.
Beautiful poems.

J.R. Rogue writes poetry that make you feel every single emotion. It's deep and captivating, it's just amazing. This book is definitely full of emotion.

This is recommended must read. I've read all these poems about five times already and I know I'll continue to reread in the future. Love her work.
Beatrix
Mar 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017, poetry
Poetry has a special place in my heart.
And I feel bad to say anything bad about this, because if the author truly felt this way while writing it, who am I to say this sucks?
Just because I couldn't relate.

I liked the style, but the topic was not my cup of tea. Overly sentimental & romantic.

But...because I liked the words, I'll probably read more from J.R. Rogue.
Nicole Belanger
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book. The emotions portrayed through Jen's powerful use of the written word are so raw. By the time I finished reading, I wanted more. Not because the book was short, but because her words are so beautiful. ...more
Amber Rose
Nov 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The poetry in this book is so beautiful. It speaks to me on a soul deep level, the words flowing beautifully across the page. Reading her work made me feel like she knew me personally. I believe this book and the author herself will go far.
Amber
Jan 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-it, read-in-2016
Rogue's words brought back that feeling of hopelessness that comes with unrequited love, making this a gut-wrenching read, but in the best way possible. I can't even imagine how much more intense it would be to read these words while in the midst of those feelings. Brava, Ms. Rogue. Brava. ...more
Sonya
Apr 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
A short book of poems that are very touching, and from the heart. Unrequited love can be so devastatingly beautiful. My favorites were Holding Pattern, Six Degrees, Paper Cuts part 1, Return to Sender letter 1, and Code Blue. The cover artwork is just as beautiful as the poems inside.
Jami Mathis
"For every lover who has tasted the unrequited kind, too many times." ...more
Allie Book It Blog
Jan 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I haven't read a lot of poetry, but I loved this!! ...more
Cindy
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-reads
Beautiful words about true things in life.
Sarah Eastridge
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful, haunting, devastating. I'm floored. ...more
BeautyandtheBooks
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book of poetry is free right now, but it's worth more than rubies. So in love with her words!! ...more
Cassandra Magnussen
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW. All I can say is thank you. Thank you for writing the truth about an unrequited love. Thank you for writing the truth! Beautiful!!!
Lesley
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
J.R. Rogue perfectly captured all of the dark thoughts and feelings brought on by the worst kind of love-unrequited love.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Combining Editions/cover image issue 5 17 Nov 09, 2016 03:16PM

• Magic with Skin On
  • Mending the Mind (Pillow Thoughts, #3)
  • Healing the Heart (Pillow Thoughts #2)
  • Dear Midnight
  • The Wrong Family
  • Him
  • Layla
  • Sorry Not Sorry: Dreams, Mistakes, and Growing Up
  • Counting Backwards From Gone
  • Poems for the End of the World
  • Little Lies
  • Arsenic and Adobo (Tita Rosie's Kitchen Mystery, #1)
  • I Would Leave Me If I Could: A Collection of Poetry
  • Swimming Lessons: Poems
  • The Infinity Courts (The Infinity Courts, #1)
  • Golden Surrender (Viking, #1)
  • In Bed With His Rival (Texas Cattleman's Club: Rags to Riches #6)
  • Her Night with the Duke (Clandestine Affairs, #1)
See top shelves…
J.R. Rogue first put pen to paper at the age of fifteen after developing an unrequited high school crush & has never stopped writing about heartache. She has published multiple volumes of poetry and novels.

Three of her poetry collections, La Douleur Exquise, Exits, Desires, & Slow Fires, & I’m Not Your Paper Princess have been Goodreads Choice Awards Nominees.

To keep up with everything she is work