Start by marking “Scavenger of Souls” as Want to Read:
Scavenger of Souls

Scavenger of Souls

(Survival Colony 9 #2)

Querry Genn must face the truth about the past and fight to save humanity and the future in this stunning sequel to Survival Colony 9, which New York Times bestselling author Jonathan Maberry called “a terrific novel.”

Querry and the members of Survival Colony 9 have defeated a whole nest of the creatures called Skaldi, who can impersonate humans even as they destroy them.
Published August 23rd 2016 by Margaret K. McElderry Books

To ask other readers questions about Scavenger of Souls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scavenger of Souls

Start your review of Scavenger of Souls
Ben Alderson
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
WOW.
What can I say. The most unique post apocalyptic novel. Brilliant character development, and excellent world with mystery and danger. I really enjoyed the male protag.

I thought the ending was neat, well written and perfect. I did shed a tear at the end. Really get series, can not wait to fully review in my YT video !
Shannon (It Starts At Midnight)
Last year, I read and reviewed Survival Colony 9, which was the first book in this series. It was so unique, something totally different to the dystopian/post-apocalyptic market. I had worried, when I read it, because the ending seemed way too open, and I wanted more. Then, I found out that there was going to be more, and I was happy again. I am going to do my very best to keep this spoi
L.L. Reynolds
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A truly thrilling read! Truth be told, I had been dying to get my hands on Scavenger of Souls, the much anticipated sequel to Joshua David Bellin’s Survival Colony 9. I have to say right up front … the book surpassed my wildest expectations. The author is a genius when it comes to writing plot twists that make my heart pound and my breath catch in my throat.

Lead character, fifteen-year-old Querry Genn, has had more questions than answers in his short life. Why are there ghastly monsters called S
Jennifer Bardsley
Apr 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Scavenger of Souls by Joshua David Bellin is like "Mad Max" meets "Enders Game" and is a thrilling sequel to Survival Colony 9. It's Sci-Fi at the high-end of Sci-Fi, with aliens, crazed scientists, bad-ass heroines, and adventure. There was so much tension and turmoil--especially during the scary scenes--that I was glad my poodle was snuggling next to me on the couch to keep me safe.

"There is no luck left in this world."

Querry Genn made some shocking discoveries at the end of Survival Colony 9,
Margo Kelly
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you have read Survival Colony 9, you must read Scavenger of Souls! And if you have not read Survival Colony 9 – what are you waiting for? Both books are fantastic, and Scavenger of Souls did not disappoint as a sequel. It picked up the storyline with Querry Genn and his quest to learn more about his past, but the journey is far from an easy one.

Joshua Bellin has an amazing talent for building worlds, developing characters, and devising an intricate plotline. Bellin created a desolate setting
Kristen Lippert-Martin
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Omigosh, so many twists and turns and who-can-you-trusts in this book! Is it weird to say that I *liked* this world in all its spare, post-apocalyptic beauty? Both SURVIVAL COLONY NINE and this sequel share the same incredible world-building, and it blends perfectly with Querry's own personal mystery. And we have a new character to root for too. And a few to hate. And some surprises that I did NOT see coming. Aaannnd ... you should just read it to find out what I'm talking about!
Kat Ross
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh, how I loved this book. The sequel to the terrific Survival Colony Nine, it picks up pretty much where we left all the finely drawn characters from book one: the wry protagonist, Querry Genn, his mother Aleka, various other adults, and the children and teens they're trying to keep alive in the parched wasteland of a future dystopia. And we get a new character: the enigmatic, trash-talking, ass-kicking Mercy of the cover, who it's pretty hard not to fall in love with.

Of course, there are plent
Darlene
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
: SCAVENGER OF SOULS by Joshua Bellin is the follow up to his successful YA debut SURVIVAL COLONY 9. What a satisfying sequel it is! I enjoyed every moment I spent with Querry and his band of warriors as they fought for their survival in a post-apocalyptic world. This is the stuff movies are made of. For those who like action, adventure, memorable characters, and a plot that keeps you anxiously turning the page, this book is for you.
Elzbeth
Jul 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Pamela
Mar 29, 2020 rated it did not like it
This book was boring and didn’t like Mercy taking the Lord’s name in vain so much. It wasn’t needed and ruined the book along with everything else
Jess W
Visit www.thebookmarkplace.com for more!

Romance Score: Between You’re Trying and Good Effort

I didn’t really feel the sparks in the main relationship, maybe because there was too much history between the two families or too many mysteries. I also think it’s tough when there are very small communities of people left and people end up with one of the only other survivors their age because it’s almost like an inevitable thing and not about feelings.

Feminist Score: Good Effort

The ladies in this book
Nic
This book is a sequel, so I'm sure there are some things I'd understand better if I'd read the first one. (I received this one in a giveaway, and I don't have the first one, so that's why I'm reading just the sequel.) In particular, the references to Korah, Yov, and Laman, characters who died before this book started, and also the way the Skaldi creatures actually work, might be easier to understand if I'd read Survival Colony 9. Still, I think I got most of it.

Pretty intense and relentless. Th
Joy Givens
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In this taut sequel to SURVIVAL COLONY 9, Joshua Bellin returns us to the decimated future landscape that Querry Gen calls home. Let me say this first and foremost: I was thirsty for most of this book. From the colony survivors’ initial trek through the melted desert to discover the cave-dwellers of the Canyon, from there to the mysterious base, and everywhere in between, Bellin has created such a gripping, sensory world for the reader that I literally felt thirsty as I read about their deprivat ...more
Dianne Salerni
Mar 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. Scavenger of Souls is a fantastic sequel to Survival Colony 9. The unanswered questions of that book – What are the Skaldi? Where did they come from? Why did Aleka keep her relationship with Querry secret? – are revealed one after the other as a giant conspiracy putting the entire world at risk is unraveled.

Querry continues to be an admirable and worthy protagonist. Thrust by circumstances into a role of leadership, his decisions are always guided by the best interests of his colony,
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Bellin, Joshua David Scavenger of Souls (Survival Colony 9 #2), pgs. 356. Margaret K. McElderry Books, an imprint of Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing Division, 2016. $18.99 PG – Language: 15-20 swears, Content: some violence.

Querry is now 15 years old and moving on through the desert with the survivors of Survival Colony 9 to find a place safe from the Skaldi. Skaldi are alien creatures that feed on humans and then take over their bodies. Once the Skaldi has taken over a human, it is hard
Christina Farley
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting anxiously for the sequel to Survival Colony 9 to release and Scavenger of the Souls does not disappoint! In fact, I loved this book even more than book 1. Bellin really nails the world building in Scavenger. I didn't think it possible to up the stakes any more than he did in Survival but I was wrong! Between the creepy new group that Querry discovers and a compound that holds deep, dark secrets of Querry's past, I was hooked from the very first page.

Bellin brings alive the c
Sheila Myers
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction
A great sequel to "Survivor Colony 9". I enjoyed reading about what happened to the survivors and the final outcome. Don't worry if you haven't read the first book because there are enough details given that you can read this one and not get lost.
T.J. Burns
I received a copy of this book from Simon and Schuster Children's Publishing via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
S. Martin
Sep 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Upped it to four stars after a second read through. NOW my review will come soon.
Emily Mueller
May 24, 2016
Lord
Feb 23, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Calculating Stars (Lady Astronaut, #1)
  • Elemental Haiku: Poems to honor the periodic table, three lines at a time
  • The Young World (The Young World, #1)
  • The New Order (The Young World, #2)
  • A Whole New World
  • Fallout (Lois Lane, #1)
  • The Here and Now
  • A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1)
  • Busted
  • Replica (Replica, #1)
  • Plain Kate
  • Every Falling Star: The True Story of How I Survived and Escaped North Korea
  • Any Man
  • The Nightmare Charade (The Arkwell Academy, #3)
  • This Book is Gay
  • Heart and Brain: Gut Instincts: An Awkward Yeti Collection
  • The Rule of Thoughts (The Mortality Doctrine, #2)
  • Falling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms, #1)
I've been writing novels since I was eight years old (though the first few were admittedly very short). A college teacher by day, I've published numerous works of science fiction and fantasy: the Querry Genn Saga (SURVIVAL COLONY 9 and SCAVENGER OF SOULS), the deep-space adventure FREEFALL, and the 4-part Ecosystem Cycle (ECOSYSTEM, THE DEVOURING LAND, HOUSE OF EARTH, HOUSE OF STONE, and THE LAST ...more

Survival Colony 9 (2 books)
  • Survival Colony  Nine