Start by marking “26 Kisses” as Want to Read:
26 Kisses

26 Kisses

3.46  ·  Rating details ·  1,313 Ratings  ·  223 Reviews
Kasie West meets Morgan Matson in this hilarious and heartwarming debut about a girl’s summer mission to get over her ex-boyfriend by kissing her way through the alphabet.

Getting dumped by her boyfriend is not how Veda planned on starting her summer. When Mark makes it clear that it’s over between them, Veda is heartbroken and humiliated—but, more importantly, she’s inspir
Published May 24th 2016 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about 26 Kisses, please sign up.
Angie The main character ends up in the love interest because she doop my her boyfriends. So her best recombined this list about kiss a boy with letter in…moreThe main character ends up in the love interest because she doop my her boyfriends. So her best recombined this list about kiss a boy with letter in the alphabet and she had some rules to follow and the friend told her to write it down and the rating of the kiss and what else happened deside the kiss and they would talk about it later (less)
Bridget If I remember correctly, there are a couple of cuss words. It's an amazing book, I definitely recommend it!

Alyssa

Kira Simion
Jan 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
3.5 adorable, but with problems stars.~

Minor spoilers and I don't really think they're spoilers since it's a light easy read book, so you could guess them from just the blurb.

Vee wants to get over Mark and how else than to kiss 26 guys, 1 for every letter of the alphabet.

I'm going to try something new again. (Third different method so far?)

The good:

•The idea. I knew what I was getting into when I started reading. The title was evidence enough and I enjoyed the creative idea.

•Killian. He was s
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
.5 stars

Fuck this book.If there’s a cute-sounding YA contemporary romance on EW or NG, I am going to request. This is a truth only slightly less well-known than me of good fortune being in want of wives, okay. 26 Kisses sounded totally awesome to me. Sure, there are lots of ways this slightly odd kissing challenge book could go wrong, but I could not resist a kissing challenge book. Also, I in no way expected things to go this wrong.

[image error]

Before I get into the rant that this review will s
Anna
Jul 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
When I was writing 26 Kisses, I asked myself, "If you could be seventeen again and be kissed anywhere by any guy, what would happen?" My favorite scenes in the book grew out of that question--scenes that are stuffed to the gills with the sights, sounds, and smells of summer, and the fluttery feeling you really only get with a first kiss. I loved writing 26 Kisses, and I hope you love reading it!
Karmen (readingoncloud9)
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
*3.5 stars*
Brittany (The Book Addict's Guide/Novelly Yours)
Initial Impressions 2/10/16: 4.25 - 4.5 stars
This was SO cute and so much fun! Just the kind of book I needed right now and just so much fun to read. I loved Veda and all of her friends, the setting was delightful (a touristy town in the Michigan Dunes area), and the story was such a blast. I really liked how the kisses were handled and how Vee ended up feeling after each one of them. It was neat to see her on this road of self-discovery (as well as getting over her ex, which was the point of th
Rhea Dsouza
This book was so annoying, it should be honoured.

In the summer between her junior and senior year of school, Veda decides (or should I say, is coerced by her best friend) to kiss 26 boys, each for the letters of the alphabet.  All of this because her boyfriend of whatever years, Mark, broke up with her, and she has to get over him ASAP.  Fair enough, but then it gets even more ridiculous—Veda is shown as being a prude (who agrees to a dare like this?) and her best friend Mel is shown as being so
Kim at Divergent Gryffindor
I know most people would most likely frown upon the main character for everything that she did in this novel and for wanting to go through the 26 kisses despite everything, but I think I understand why she had to do it. I wouldn't do anything like that myself nor advise it to any of my friends, but I get why she thought she had to do it.

26 Kisses, in my opinion, is the perfect summer beach read! It's a light and quick contemporary read with lots of drama for us to enjoy and/or frown upon. It's
Mariel Zani Begoña
Mejor de lo q esperaba! La historia no estuvo tan mal.. ahora los personajes, un horror! Pronto la reseña completa
Jess
Sep 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
-3.5 stars
-Quick romance/contemporary
-Pretty generic/unmemorable???
-All the characters angered me at least once in the novel
-It was just...okay.

FULL REVIEW COMING SOON

Thanks Simon & Schuster for the early copy!

Edit: This and other reviews can be found on The Bookish Blog

I won’t lie, this is the perfect book to start out your summer: fun contemporary romance that is more likely to happen in fiction than real life. It’s a pretty simple concept: one summer to get 26 kisses from 26 different boy
Catherine ♡
Jul 08, 2017 rated it did not like it
The only thing that really salvaged this book was the adorable writing. Other than that, I have COUNTLESS issues.

1. The main character is ridiculously annoying and selfish; she was over-dramatic, manipulative, and I got super tired of reading about how beautiful she was, not to mention that every boy seemed to be in love with her. She also got super jealous over Mel and Seth and was just a really terrible friend overall.

2. The main character's best friend, Mel, was also annoying and ditzy. We go
Hannah
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
I have nobody to blame but myself for reading this. After reading the synopsis I should have known things would be bad. You have Veda who is going through a breakup and her friend Mel talks her into the kiss your way through the alphabet. This really would have worked better if they lived in a big city rather than a small town. She meets Killian and hits it off but decides to continue with the challenge. People in the small town see her kissing all these guys and of course people talk. It was ge ...more
Sofi Collins
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me llevó más de un mes leer este libro. Estuve pasando por un bloqueo lector mas grande que el desafío de los 26 besos!
No era la trama la que no me llamaba la atención, sino que era mi falta de ganas la que no me dejaba leer.
Hace una semana hice una apuesta con amigos para ver si lo terminaba antes del miércoles, ¿y que creen? Lo terminé y me encantó.
Mi personaje favorito fue Killian, tenemos los mismos gustos musicales, eso hizo que sonriera en varios capítulos. Terminé este libro emocionada
Kelli Spear
Oct 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one!

It was realistic in every way - especially regarding the attraction between Veda and Killian.Too often in contemporary stories these days, readers are "treated" to instal-love scenarios. And while it can happen, it's not typical. I am always a fan of the slow burn, built-up connections. Thankfully, this was the route Michels went.

The idea of getting over an ex by kissing your way through the alphabet was cute and fun. Plus, it takes a bit of creativity - which was evide
Silvana [The Book Voyagers]
26 Kisses was so unbelievable cute. I shouted of excitement whenever the kisses happened, swooned so hard when Killian opened his mounth and graced us with his brain and intelligence. I also liked very much the relationship between Vee and Mel throughout the book. I'm always down for girl friendship because it's so damn amazing if written right and so cool to see girls supporting each other and having a good time together.

I loved the concept of kissing boys with the 26 letters of the alphabet. A
Paige (Illegal in 3 Countries)
Cute but not very memorable. Weak characters and conflict. I'll review it eventually, maybe? There's just not much to say about it.

Diversity: one gay kid. Veda's best friend Mel is Mexican through her mother. Neither are meaningful.
Rowena
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a cute book, perfect for a summer read on the beach. It was fun, a little silly and cute enough that you'll be a happy camper. Full review to come shortly.
Justine
May 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: signed-books
2.5/5
It was kind of a cute story in the end but half of it made me cringe so bad that I can't rate it higher than that.
Laura.125Pages
This review was originally posted on www.125pages.com kissinggif 26 Kisses by Anna Michels sounded like such a fun read. A heartsick girl who wants to make a change and decides to spend the summer before her senior year kissing her way through the alphabet. Unfortunately, the way Veda went about her task left a trail of hurt feelings and upset people in her wake. What could have been a sweet coming of age tale was instead the story of Veda hurting friends and family on her quest.

The plot of 26 Kisses had
Casey
Jul 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
Find this review and more at Ramblings From This Chick

I am going to be really honest here and say that this book just didn't work for me. When I first read the blurb for 26 Kisses by Anna Michels, I was expecting something cute, light-hearted and funny. It sounded like an adorable summer read, and I was really looking forward to it. But honestly this book just drove me nuts, and I am beginning to wonder if maybe I am just getting old enough that these YA stories aren't working for me anymore.

Peach
Such a fantastic premise. Such a botched execution.

Veda Bentley (real name, btw), has recently been dumped by her boyfriend, Mark. They were forever, but Mark didn’t think so. Veda decides to waste her summer with thoughts of Mark until her best friend, Mel, gives her the idea of the A-to-Z Kissing Challenge. Kiss 26 boys, each with a name from the alphabet. Veda, who has been with only Mark, is scandalized by the idea of kissing another man, but eventually decides to go with it because YOLO.

Unr
Silvia
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
Kind of problematic with how it discussed slut shaming, pretty silly and ridiculous, but somehow still cute enough.
Kathy Coe
Apr 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Between a 3.5 and a 4.
Claudia Verónica
Antes que nada, muchas gracias a BestYA por el ejemplar!!

Tendría que haber escrito la reseña apenas lo terminé porque ahora ya no me acuerdo mucho (si, así de memorable es)

Pero, básicamente trata sobre Vee y un desafío que la reta su mejor amiga después de separarse de su novio de varios años. El reto consiste en que Vee debe besar a 26 chicos, uno por cada letra del abecedario. La idea no es mala, creo que si la escritora hubiera desarrollado bien a los personajes podría haber sido un buen cont
Monica Haak
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
2/5 sterren. Wel vermakelijk, maar zoveel side notes. Die bff die alleen maar bitch is ipv vriendin, een hoofdpersoon zonder ruggengraat, een gedwongen challenge die de vreemdste goedkeuringen heeft qua 'kus' en de enige persoon die het verhaal interessant maakt wordt gezien als lucht. Nope. Dit viel tegen.
Irisheyz77
This review was originally posted on Ticket to Anywhere

Place(s) Traveled To: Butterfield, Michigan // Trawley, Michigan

First Line(s): Seth loved me first.

When I picked up Anna Michels's debut 26 KISSES I was hoping for a cute story with a happily ever after. I was also wary of 26 KISSES because the whole premise is for the main character, Veda, is to kiss 26 boys as a way to get over her long time boyfriend who broke up with her because he's an asshat. Yes, I was happy that Vee was trying to mov

Taylor
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book was a disappointment.... It could have easily been a better book with some tweaks to some of the characters and the plot but no...Okay, I'd give this book 2.5 stars. It wasn't horrible and WAS fairly enjoyable. Just very annoying, corny, unrelatable, and unrealistic at times. When I picked up this book, I was expecting a short, fluffy, girly, and enjoyable read based on the small size, gorgeous cover, and interesting plot. I usually enjoy books like this. Especially considering the fac ...more
Jen | Jen Talks Audiobooks
This is a very cute story about a girl trying to find her identity after a breakup. There's a lot said about being half of a whole and letting the rest of the world go by when wrapped up in a high school romance.

But the main character isn't overly sappy. Not a risk taker, she is somewhat bullied (good-naturedly) by her best friend into kissing 26 boys over the course of a summer, one for each letter of the alphabet. She's reluctant at first, but soon embraces the idea and starts taking some ris
Jordan Ray
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Breaking up with her boyfriend is not how Veda planned on starting her summer. When Mark makes it clear that it’s over between them, Veda is heartbroken and humiliated—but, more importantly, she’s inspired. And so she sets out on the love quest of a lifetime: use the summer to forget about Mark, move on, and move up. All she has to do is kiss twenty-six boys with twenty-six different names—one for each letter of the alphabet.

From the top of the Ferris wheel at her hometown carnival to the sandy
Reading Recommend...: A unique way to get over your ex... 1 1 Apr 05, 2018 11:50PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: 26 Kisses By Anna Michels - Starting July 8th 2017 7 11 Jul 09, 2017 09:22PM
Young Adult Conte...: #8 26 Kisses by Anna Michels 3 13 Apr 08, 2017 10:58PM
  • Shuffle, Repeat
  • One Paris Summer
  • Summer of Supernovas
  • The Museum of Heartbreak
  • No Love Allowed (Dodge Cove, #1)
  • A Week of Mondays

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Driven by Fire (Fire, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Chasing Down a Dream: A Blessings Novel
  • The Pursuit of Love
    $11.99 $1.99
  • At Wave's End
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Mr. Right (Colorado Hearts #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1)
  • The Love Goddess' Cooking School
    $10.99 $2.99
  • That Way Again
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Never Let Go (Haven, Montana #2)
  • All the Way from Texas
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Pretty Little Killers (The Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forever Surprised (Forever Bluegrass #6)
    $2.99 $1.49
“I had forgotten this - the thrill of touching someone new, trying to decipher the meaning of each tiny movement.” 6 likes
“Writing on your dashboard is the kind of thing people who don't believe in regrets do. You can't go back. You can't wipe it away.” 2 likes