Start by marking “26 Kisses” as Want to Read:
26 Kisses

26 Kisses

Kasie West meets Morgan Matson in this hilarious and heartwarming debut about a girl’s summer mission to get over her ex-boyfriend by kissing her way through the alphabet.

Getting dumped by her boyfriend is not how Veda planned on starting her summer. When Mark makes it clear that it’s over between them, Veda is heartbroken and humiliated—but, more importantly, she’s inspir
Published May 24th 2016 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about 26 Kisses, please sign up.
Angie The main character ends up in the love interest because she doop my her boyfriends. So her best recombined this list about kiss a boy with letter in t…moreThe main character ends up in the love interest because she doop my her boyfriends. So her best recombined this list about kiss a boy with letter in the alphabet and she had some rules to follow and the friend told her to write it down and the rating of the kiss and what else happened deside the kiss and they would talk about it later (less)
Bridget If I remember correctly, there are a couple of cuss words. It's an amazing book, I definitely recommend it!

Start your review of 26 Kisses

Summary (from Goodreads):

Cristina
Aug 02, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars!
Well... the idea of kissing 26 guys was interesting. I kind of made a list with the guys I kissed so far. :))
About the book: I liked it, but it was a little bit too childish for my taste. Killian made the book way more interesting than it was. However, Vee was awkward. And her brother was so annoying. And don’t get me started on Mel. God, I hated that girl. All the time, I had the feeling that Mel was trying to make Vee look like a slut. Even tho it wasn’t like this. She seemed mean
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
.5 stars

Fuck this book.If there’s a cute-sounding YA contemporary romance on EW or NG, I am going to request. This is a truth only slightly less well-known than me of good fortune being in want of wives, okay. 26 Kisses sounded totally awesome to me. Sure, there are lots of ways this slightly odd kissing challenge book could go wrong, but I could not resist a kissing challenge book. Also, I in no way expected things to go this wrong.

[image error]

Before I get into the rant that this review will s
Kira Simion
Jan 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
3.5 adorable, but with problems stars.~

Minor spoilers and I don't really think they're spoilers since it's a light easy read book, so you could guess them from just the blurb.

Vee wants to get over Mark and how else than to kiss 26 guys, 1 for every letter of the alphabet.

I'm going to try something new again. (Third different method so far?)

The good:

•The idea. I knew what I was getting into when I started reading. The title was evidence enough and I enjoyed the creative idea.

•Killian. He was s
Brittany S.
Initial Impressions 2/10/16: 4.25 - 4.5 stars
This was SO cute and so much fun! Just the kind of book I needed right now and just so much fun to read. I loved Veda and all of her friends, the setting was delightful (a touristy town in the Michigan Dunes area), and the story was such a blast. I really liked how the kisses were handled and how Vee ended up feeling after each one of them. It was neat to see her on this road of self-discovery (as well as getting over her ex, which was the point of th
Anna
Jul 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
When I was writing 26 Kisses, I asked myself, "If you could be seventeen again and be kissed anywhere by any guy, what would happen?" My favorite scenes in the book grew out of that question--scenes that are stuffed to the gills with the sights, sounds, and smells of summer, and the fluttery feeling you really only get with a first kiss. I loved writing 26 Kisses, and I hope you love reading it!
Rhea Dsouza
This book was so annoying, it should be honoured.

In the summer between her junior and senior year of school, Veda decides (or should I say, is coerced by her best friend) to kiss 26 boys, each for the letters of the alphabet.  All of this because her boyfriend of whatever years, Mark, broke up with her, and she has to get over him ASAP.  Fair enough, but then it gets even more ridiculous—Veda is shown as being a prude (who agrees to a dare like this?) and her best friend Mel is shown as being so
Karmen (readingoncloud9)
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
*3.5 stars*
Kim at Divergent Gryffindor
I know most people would most likely frown upon the main character for everything that she did in this novel and for wanting to go through the 26 kisses despite everything, but I think I understand why she had to do it. I wouldn't do anything like that myself nor advise it to any of my friends, but I get why she thought she had to do it.

26 Kisses, in my opinion, is the perfect summer beach read! It's a light and quick contemporary read with lots of drama for us to enjoy and/or frown upon. It's
catherine ♡
Jul 08, 2017 rated it did not like it
The only thing that really salvaged this book was the adorable writing. Other than that, I have COUNTLESS issues.

1. The main character is ridiculously annoying and selfish; she was over-dramatic, manipulative, and I got super tired of reading about how beautiful she was, not to mention that every boy seemed to be in love with her. She also got super jealous over Mel and Seth and was just a really terrible friend overall.

2. The main character's best friend, Mel, was also annoying and ditzy. We go
Jess
Sep 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
-3.5 stars
-Quick romance/contemporary
-Pretty generic/unmemorable???
-All the characters angered me at least once in the novel
-It was just...okay.

FULL REVIEW COMING SOON

Thanks Simon & Schuster for the early copy!

Edit: This and other reviews can be found on The Bookish Blog

I won’t lie, this is the perfect book to start out your summer: fun contemporary romance that is more likely to happen in fiction than real life. It’s a pretty simple concept: one summer to get 26 kisses from 26 different boys, w
Caryn - iam.caryn
Super adorable book.

If you’re looking for something that is completely cute, fluffy and a fast and easy read. I recommend this.

It was almost reminiscent of the movie Easy A. Not that the book and that movie have anything in common plot wise, I just got the same vibes.

I enjoyed seeing Vee’s character growth throughout the book (also, props for an author using the name Veda.) I read this book in one sitting because it felt like watching a movie and I just couldn’t stop until I was done.
Kelli Spear
Oct 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one!

It was realistic in every way - especially regarding the attraction between Veda and Killian.Too often in contemporary stories these days, readers are "treated" to instal-love scenarios. And while it can happen, it's not typical. I am always a fan of the slow burn, built-up connections. Thankfully, this was the route Michels went.

The idea of getting over an ex by kissing your way through the alphabet was cute and fun. Plus, it takes a bit of creativity - which was evide
☆☆Hannah☆☆
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
I have nobody to blame but myself for reading this. After reading the synopsis I should have known things would be bad. You have Veda who is going through a breakup and her friend Mel talks her into the kiss your way through the alphabet. This really would have worked better if they lived in a big city rather than a small town. She meets Killian and hits it off but decides to continue with the challenge. People in the small town see her kissing all these guys and of course people talk. It was ge ...more
Rowena
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
This was a cute book, perfect for a summer read on the beach. It was fun, a little silly and cute enough that you'll be a happy camper. Full review to come shortly.
Justine
May 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: signed-books
2.5/5
It was kind of a cute story in the end but half of it made me cringe so bad that I can't rate it higher than that.
Silvana [The Book Voyagers]
26 Kisses was so unbelievable cute. I shouted of excitement whenever the kisses happened, swooned so hard when Killian opened his mounth and graced us with his brain and intelligence. I also liked very much the relationship between Vee and Mel throughout the book. I'm always down for girl friendship because it's so damn amazing if written right and so cool to see girls supporting each other and having a good time together.

I loved the concept of kissing boys with the 26 letters of the alphabet. A
Paige (Illegal in 3 Countries)
Cute but not very memorable. Weak characters and conflict. I'll review it eventually, maybe? There's just not much to say about it.

Diversity: one gay kid. Veda's best friend Mel is Mexican through her mother. Neither are meaningful.
Laura.125Pages
This review was originally posted on www.125pages.com kissinggif 26 Kisses by Anna Michels sounded like such a fun read. A heartsick girl who wants to make a change and decides to spend the summer before her senior year kissing her way through the alphabet. Unfortunately, the way Veda went about her task left a trail of hurt feelings and upset people in her wake. What could have been a sweet coming of age tale was instead the story of Veda hurting friends and family on her quest.

The plot of 26 Kisses h
Casey
Jul 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
Find this review and more at Ramblings From This Chick

I am going to be really honest here and say that this book just didn't work for me. When I first read the blurb for 26 Kisses by Anna Michels, I was expecting something cute, light-hearted and funny. It sounded like an adorable summer read, and I was really looking forward to it. But honestly this book just drove me nuts, and I am beginning to wonder if maybe I am just getting old enough that these YA stories aren't working for me anymore.

Jordan Ray
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Breaking up with her boyfriend is not how Veda planned on starting her summer. When Mark makes it clear that it’s over between them, Veda is heartbroken and humiliated—but, more importantly, she’s inspired. And so she sets out on the love quest of a lifetime: use the summer to forget about Mark, move on, and move up. All she has to do is kiss twenty-six boys with twenty-six different names—one for each letter of the alphabet.

From the top of the Ferris wheel at her hometown carnival to the sandy
-`ˏ maci ˎ´˗
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
”It's not a surprise, obviously. But sometimes, even if you already know something, hearing it out loud makes it real in a way that's hard to deal with.”

Such a cute YA contemporary!! I liked the characters well enough, especially Killian. (When do I not like the MC's love interest?) The plot was definitely adorable, and I got drawn in pretty quickly. My only problem with the story is that Vee never thought anything through. Yes, I do know that's how her character was created to be, but she sti
Kathy Coe
Apr 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Between a 3.5 and a 4.
Silvia
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
Kind of problematic with how it discussed slut shaming, pretty silly and ridiculous, but somehow still cute enough.
mary
Mar 14, 2019 rated it did not like it
my favorite thing about this cheesy, annoying book were the scattered Taylor Swift mentions
Irisheyz77
This review was originally posted on Ticket to Anywhere

Place(s) Traveled To: Butterfield, Michigan // Trawley, Michigan

First Line(s): Seth loved me first.

When I picked up Anna Michels's debut 26 KISSES I was hoping for a cute story with a happily ever after. I was also wary of 26 KISSES because the whole premise is for the main character, Veda, is to kiss 26 boys as a way to get over her long time boyfriend who broke up with her because he's an asshat. Yes, I was happy that Vee was trying to mov

malayna
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
MY OPINION: *****

Yet another enjoyable contemporary summer read that I thoroughly enjoyed.

This book was basically all fluff and I loved it! I was randomly browsing through the Young Adult contemporary section of the library the other day, and I picked up about five books. This one definitely looked the most interesting and the shortest, so I decided to read it first.

The book is about a girl named Veda, a name I especially loved because it was original and gorgeous, and she has just suffered a br
Taylor
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book was a disappointment.... It could have easily been a better book with some tweaks to some of the characters and the plot but no...Okay, I'd give this book 2.5 stars. It wasn't horrible and WAS fairly enjoyable. Just very annoying, corny, unrelatable, and unrealistic at times. When I picked up this book, I was expecting a short, fluffy, girly, and enjoyable read based on the small size, gorgeous cover, and interesting plot. I usually enjoy books like this. Especially considering the fac ...more
Avery Dodge
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you are interested in romance and teen drama, then 21 kisses is the book for you! Vee, the main character is going through a rough breakup. She wants to get over her ex, Mark, but she’s having a hard time. Her best friend, Mel, convinces her to play a game throughout the summer where she has to kiss twenty-six guys, one for every letter of the alphabet. However, the kisses do not have to all be romantic kisses, as they can be on the hand or cheek. The author, Anna Michaels, does a good job of ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Reading Recommend...: A unique way to get over your ex... 1 1 Apr 05, 2018 11:50PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: 26 Kisses By Anna Michels - Starting July 8th 2017 7 11 Jul 09, 2017 09:22PM
Young Adult Conte...: #8 26 Kisses by Anna Michels 3 13 Apr 08, 2017 10:58PM
DayDreamingofQuir...: February BOTM 1 2 Apr 01, 2017 06:53PM

• Malakai (Malakai #2)
  • Malakai (Malakai #1)
  • The Season
  • Alekzandre (Alekzandre #2)
  • Alekzandre (Alekzandre #1)
  • Lobsters
  • Never Evers
  • P.S. I Like You
  • Interference
  • The Problem with Forever
  • Kissing Ted Callahan (and Other Guys)
  • The Girl Who Fell
  • Words in Deep Blue
  • Summer of Sloane
  • Love, Lucy
  • Love & Gelato (Love & Gelato, #1)
  • Just Friends