Start by marking “The Magic of Christmas - The Magic of Love” as Want to Read:
The Magic of Christmas - The Magic of Love

The Magic of Christmas - The Magic of Love

Susan writes of adventures common to children, and fondly recalled by many adults. Her rhymes flow sweetly along with the illustrations and are written in a format easy to read to children or for helping a child beginning to read for themselves. Cat lovers will relate to Stealthy Cat that climbs, and then descends the Christmas tree, and they will be tempted to adlib shari ...more
Published January 29th 2015 by Outskirts Press

To ask other readers questions about The Magic of Christmas - The Magic of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Magic of Christmas - The Magic of Love

Start your review of The Magic of Christmas - The Magic of Love
Mischenko
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Magic of Christmas - The Magic of Love is a wonderful, small collection of five poems that children will surely enjoy. The author reflects on Christmas traditions from her own childhood which include baking, playing in the snow, tree cutting, decorations, and presents. We adored the Tinkerbell poem and appreciated the addition of Baby Jesus which doesn't seem to be found in children's books that often anymore.

The poems are simple enough for younger children to read. Although the illu
Barbara Ann
The author reflects on holiday memories from her childhood. These are written in a series of short poems, accompanied by illustrations.

Brougher reflects on winter scenes like snowflakes falling and hiking up the hill to pick out the perfect Christmas tree. Readers smell the scent of baking cookies and peppermint canes. They might empathize with a naughty kitty attacking the Christmas tree and the anticipation of waiting for Santa to arrive.

I would recommend the book to el
C. Penticoff
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute and educational

Cute book. It was nice to have my boys learn facts about Mexico while enjoying a good book at the same time.
Book
Oct 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children, gift, english
‘The Magic of Christmas’, a collection of five illustrated children’s poems written by Susan Brougher and illustrated by Richa Kinra that speaks about the real meaning of Christmas for children, is not a book that kids will love to read only in December.

‘Angel Making’, ‘Christmas Tree’, ‘Stealthy Cat’, ‘Star Sprinkles’ and ‘Santa Knows’ are five poems found within that accompanied with nicely made illustrations will make time spent in company of this book special for children - exact
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
There are many books about Christmas, but this latest book by Susan Brougher is bound to delight your young child. Christmas is a time of magic. It is also a time of reflection on your faith if you are a Christian. This book has both.

“The Magic of Christmas” has five chapters of text and illustrations. The format is verse that parents can read and explain further to their children.

Much is here: the cutting of a Christmas tree, the baking of cakes and cookies, the cat play
Leslie OBrien
Oct 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“The Magic of Christmas, The Magic of Love” by Susan Brougher is a short collection of Christmas poems for children, but really for all ages. Mingling with the darling read aloud poems are adorable illustrations in bright, full-color to go along with them.

If you are looking to add a new tradition to the Christmas season, then consider picking up a copy to read to your little ones, grandchildren, favorite nieces and nephews, library or hospital story telling. The poems follow an easy
Janie Evans
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"The Magic of Christmas - The Magic of Love" by Susan Brougher was forwarded to me by the author for an honest review. It is beautifully written and illustrated book with Christmas/Holiday Themed poems. It is my first time reading any work by this author and it was thoroughly enjoyable. Perfect poems to read with your children, or for adults too. Gives you a nostalgic feeling of what the Holiday Season is all about. Loved it.
Janice Spina
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

The Magic of Christmas - The Magic of Love is a lovely written collection of poems that children will enjoy. The illustrations are beautifully done and will delight children as they are read to or read along.

This book portrays the magic that is Christmas. I would highly recommend this book as a perfect gift for Christmas.
Brenda
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was an adorable Christmas story for children. I liked the poems and illustrations. I read this to my friend's little boy liked the pictures and thought the grey kitten was so cute.
carrie obright
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Read

I would recommend this book to little kid's that want to learn about Jesus and other fun stuff about Jesus
Micki Peluso
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing

The Magic of Christmas
The Magic of Love
Beautifully Illustrated Poems for Children and the Young at Heart.
By Susan Brougher

Most adults retain childhood memories of Christmas, which seem, in retrospect. so much better than the memories made today. In this lovely illustrated book, Author Susan Brougher relates both memories past and present in a storytelling poem, which is both lively and cheerful. The meter is off a bit but not enough to detract from the beauty and charm o
Nancy Silk
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"A Wonderful Christmas Story For Children"

I read this beautiful story on Kindle. It's delightful and the illustrations are darling. The story is written in poetic style and will entertain adults also who are still young at heart. I'm so thrilled to have this to read to youngsters and I recommend it to all who wish children be blessed this Christmas. The story is also available in paperback.
Uma
Nov 12, 2017
Tammy
Nov 03, 2019
Susan Brougher
Oct 23, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Loretta Radeschi
Raymond Stone
ROY Law
Thomas Baker
Oct 19, 2019

• Arson at the Art Gallery (Getaway Bay Cozy Mystery Series #1)
  • Sins of the Past
  • Suicide King (Jake Samson, #5)
  • Slay Bells (Tanner #0.5)
  • Blood of Like Souls (Like Souls #1)
  • Magic Bites (Cozy Witch Mysteries Book 1)
  • Cruise Millions: A Humorous Cruise Ship Cozy Mystery (Cruise Ship Cozy Mysteries Book 6)
  • Wronged in Paradise (Florida Keys Mystery #19)
  • In Too Deep (Maggie PI Mysteries Book 7)
  • Suspect in High Heels (High Heels Mysteries Book 10)
  • The Box (The Temple of the Blind, #1)
  • Deadly Cruise: A Humorous Cruise Ship Cozy Mystery (Cruise Ship Cozy Mysteries Book 7)
  • Handmade Ho-Ho Homicide (An Anastasia Pollack Crafting Mystery Book 8)
  • Introducing Gertrude, Gumshoe
  • Deserts, Driving, & Derelicts (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #2)
  • Forests, Fishing, & Forgery (A Camper & Criminals Cozy Mystery #3)
  • Grand, Death, Auto: Book #14 in the Kiki Lowenstein Mystery Series (Kiki Lowenstein Cozy Mystery Series)
  • Christmas, Criminals, and Campers (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #4)
Hi, I’m Susan Brougher

I write to inspire. I’d be happy to have my books treasured like this: “If you truly love a book, you should sleep with it, write in it, read aloud from it, and fill its pages with muffin crumbs.” Anne Fadiman

Words form in our thoughts and travel in our blood, the issue of life. They begin long before they fill blank pages and they live long after the