Start by marking “Of Enemies and Endings” as Want to Read:
Of Enemies and Endings

Of Enemies and Endings

(The Ever Afters #4)

Rory and her friends are determined to stop the Snow Queen once and for all in this thrilling conclusion to the Ever Afters series, which Kirkus Reviews calls a “fast-paced combination of middle school realism and fairy-tale fantasy.”

How will this tale end?

The whole fairy-tale world is on high alert. The Snow Queen and her minions are targeting Characters, and Ever After S
Published June 28th 2016 by Simon Schuster Books for Young Readers (first published June 30th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Of Enemies and Endings, please sign up.
Ellie Absolutely! Especially if they are a young fan of Percy Jackson, because thats probably the best possible way I can describe the book. It is a fun and…moreAbsolutely! Especially if they are a young fan of Percy Jackson, because thats probably the best possible way I can describe the book. It is a fun and quirky adventure, but it also has some serious topics and intense battles. Overall, it's just EPIC! I personally, recommend it for any age. (less)
Ellie C. Actually, she is a "Rising ninth grader" It's set in the summer between 8th and ninth grade. But Nicole is right 14, her birthday is a huge part of…moreActually, she is a "Rising ninth grader" It's set in the summer between 8th and ninth grade. But Nicole is right 14, her birthday is a huge part of the book. (I cannot say more because of spoilers)(less)

Amanda Thompson
I received an ARC copy from the author in return for an honest review. You can support my blog by reading it there.

No worries; no spoilers! I don't give anything away, but I do reference events from previous books. Also, this being the last book in my favorite series, I'm entitled to a little fangirling. Or a lot. At least some. Right. Here we go.

Oh. My. GUMDROPS.

So much angst! So much anxiety! So much fun!

I can't remember the last time I was so emotionally invested in a book and there were so.
Lula McCuela
Aug 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I cannot believe that this is the end. You always know that a series you love is going to end eventually, but you can't imagine how it possibly could. How could the author ever get all of your feels resolved in one book? Well, Shelby Bach has succeeded in this book. I didn't feel like it ended abruptly, or left and loose ends. I love this series so much, and as much as I hate to see it end, this book was amazing, and I couldn't have asked for a better ending. I have read this series ever since O ...more
May
Oct 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, gumdrops. This book...THIS BOOK...was amazing. Better than you can ever expect!
I'm doing an entire reread of the series, then I'll post a full book review when I am finished. But WOW. I'm blown away.
Megan
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved of Enemies and Endings! It was amazing! I loved the final showdown between Rory and the Snow Queen, it was beautifully written! I wish there was another book, I think everything was wrapped up, but I wish there was more of an afterward. Overall though, I have nothing bad to say about this book or the series.
Abby ~Sign Please~
Ahhhhhhhhhh!! One of my new favourite series! Why did it have to end?!
Madeleine S.
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was a perfect ending to the series. It was action packed, crazy and totally worth the read. Rory has proven to be one of the most brave and heroic heroines ever. She proved this to us when she was willing to give up her own life, multiple times, to save her friends. Even when Chase wasn't being so faithful to her, she fought and almost died for him. There is a strong emphasis on the value of friendship, like when Lena drops everything to try and save Rory from almost certain ...more
Cairn
Wow, just wow. A amazing end to a great series. I'll miss Rory, Chase and Lena. All throughout the book it was one thrilling seen after another. A real page turner. The only one that can compete is the first one. My favorite.
Great ending to the series! Though I am sad...its that horrible thing were a series you love is ending. it a simultaneous wish for the series to never end, and being grateful it is ending instead of being dragged on. looking forward to what this author cones up with next!
Karina Matos
Nov 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I NEED to read this book! I loved the whole series and I'm absolutely dying to find out if Chase and Rory end up together and if they don't I think I don't know how I'll go on! Seriously though, probably one of my most favorite series ever!!!
Jasmine
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I adore this series. I want so much more in this world. way to stick the landing, Ms. Bach.
Nicole
Dec 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book!

I'm pretty sure this one is my favorite of the quartet. I read it in like a day and a half. :)

Things I love:
The characters--they are so believable
The creativity-- M3s, bats of destruction, the cannon etc... it been one of the more unique, middle grade, fairy tale type stories I've read recently.
The crushes and cute relationships

Things that irked me a bit:
The relationships-- ok they are super cute and lovable but Chase and Rory are only like 14. They act older, like 15/16 perhaps so t
Mary Catelli
The conclusion of the Ever After series.

Rory is arguing with her mother, who did not move to EAS, when witches attack them. After a frantic fight, other EASers show up -- they were alerted by their inability to reach her -- and turn the tide.

Chase is not one of them. Has been a problem for some time. (view spoiler)
Leah
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
What an amazing ending....it was everything I'd ever hoped for. I couldn't put it down. The only thing is that it didn't answer the question I've been wondering about for the entire series...... Are Rory's mom and amy together now??? Like theres no way she's just an assistant.
The Rory/chase was perfect. Loved seeing lena's progression too. Shelby Bach did what jk Rowling failed to do, killed off enough characters to make us feel something and to help the storyline go forward, but not enough that
Kim
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So sad to think this is the end of the series! I usually - scratch that, never - read books targeted for this age group. I'm an adult. I read adult books. But i LOVE the Ever After series! Shelby's done an amazing job of writing a story that pulls you in and keeps you interested all the whole weaving in integrity and loyalty and problem solving and seeing possibilities where others see conflicts and sweet young love and the angst of middle school and the exasperation of parents. Particularly par ...more
Samantha
I LOVE THIS BOOK. The plot is brilliant, the characters are so relatable, the emotions are nearly tangible - I know, I know, I said the same thing about the last book, but it still rings true for this one. Lena is fan-flipping-tastic, Chase is even more so (in a different way), and Rory kicks butt. You'll smile, possibly laugh, definitely cry - this book makes you want to live in this world. It makes you want to be a hero. This will be one of those books that will give me happy memories for year ...more
Hannah Belyea
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
War is coming to the Ever Afters, and Rory is struggling to figure out how to prove to her mother that she can battle, understand why Chase is being so distant, and comprehend what lays behind the door of her dreams, all while the Snow Queen draws close enough to freeze everybody she holds dear! Bach brings this exhilarating series to a close with more emotion, more action, and more twists that are guaranteed to give fans plenty to cheer about! As the winter comes closer and the armies rise, Ror ...more
Hadessephy
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, fairy-tales, mg, mlm
This is the final novel in the EAS series as we say farewell to Roy and Chase. Sadly I did not really enjoy this book. I loved the other ones and was looking forward to this coming out. I found it boring and the writing kinda choppy. Granted all the books have been written that way but at least they were interesting. I found myself skimming a lot near the end. My biggest question I have is are Amy and Rory's mom a couple? I emailed the author and asked but she did not get back to me.
Sydney
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've read this book so many times and it is just as satisfying with every read! Totally recommend this series to any fantasy lovers out there, even if you're a teenager or adult. Now to get Bastian to read this series!
Annie M
Jan 16, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I can't wait until this comes out! Gumdrops, I remember when the first came out...... They grow up so fast..
Mariab
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series was amazing, definitely my second or third favorite series in the world.
Nadine Sildarian
May 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally reviewed at nadinesildarian.wordpress.com.
A while ago I wrote a review for a book I read in a store several years ago, and since then I have avidly followed the author's blog and bought each installment the day it came out. And now the series is over.

:-(

(Also, if you ever wondered, Scott Fahlman created the smiley and frowny emoticons, and published the first one on 11:44 am on September 19th, 1982. Look it up.)

Anyway, last Tuesday I got home from the coffee shop where I work and expe
Alayna
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-top-reads
Wow. This book is was absolutely amazing and a great ending to this beloved series. I loved how intense it got and I was at the edge of my seat the whole time. I even screamed a few times and was almost in tears. Shelby Bach, thank you for writing this series and thank you to my friends who introduced me to it. It’s sad the series is over, but I loved reading it and I’m glad I did. This series is definitely at the top of my list for top reads this year and my all time favorites list as well.
Nitit
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great ending unexpected of it.

To be honest, when I finished the third volume. I’m pretty sure that the story can’t find a good ending to support the whole story. However, the ending book is doing a pretty great job. I love how they end by challenging the word “happy ever after”. I love this kind of ending and I love this book too.
Myah Meunier
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this series sooo much! I loved how the author ended the book series. I was attached to her words the whole entire time. I never wanted to put it down. I definitely suggest reading this book but, I would start on the first book of the series. Which is called Of Giants and Ice The Ever Afters #1. If you like adventure and suspensful books you're going to love this series.
Kat Green
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this whole series! Picked up the first book at the library on a whim and had to download the whole series immediately. There's fantasy, fairy tale, magic, battles, friendship, romance and adventure all wrapped up together. I highly recommend.
Karen
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book, the final book, is the best book of the entire excellent series. This book has everything a middle-grader/YA could possibly want. It even has a not-entirely-settled ending, so the characters can live on and have adventures in the readers' minds.

S
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is one of he best fantasy book I have ever read
Charlotte
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just as amazing as I remember. I love this series!
Oriana
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I loved this series so much!!!
Olivia
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Hero's Guide to Being an Outlaw (The League of Princes, #3)
  • Shadowguard (Pharim War, #1)
  • Once Upon the End (Half Upon a Time, #3)
  • Dragon on Trial (Menagerie, #2)
  • Goldilocks Breaks In (Grimmtastic Girls, #6)
  • The Shadow Cadets of Pennyroyal Academy (Pennyroyal Academy, #2)
  • Always Neverland
  • The Crystal Bridge (The Lost Shards, #1)
  • Living With Danger (Dangerverse, #1)
  • ভয়ংকর সুন্দর (কাকাবাবু, #1)
  • The Rat-A-Tat Mystery (Barney Mysteries, #5)
  • Misfits (Royal Academy Rebels #1)
  • Gears of Revolution (Mysteries of Cove, #2)
  • The Wolf Tree (The Clockwork Dark, #2)
  • The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1)
  • Sword in the Stacks (The Ninja Librarians #2)
  • Ninja-Rella: A Graphic Novel
  • Ash Mistry and the World of Darkness (Ash Mistry Chronicles, #3)
Shelby Bach grew up reading every book she could find and writing stories in battered notebooks. She also rarely came home with a clean shirt and had lots of accidents that ended with a hunt for Band-Aids. Nowadays she writes on her laptop rather than in a notebook, but not much else has changed. She now lives in Portland, OR.

P.S. I tend to only rate books that make my "Best of the Year" roundup

The Ever Afters (4 books)
  • Of Giants and Ice (The Ever Afters #1)
  • Of Witches and Wind (The Ever Afters #2)
  • Of Sorcery and Snow (The Ever Afters #3)