Start by marking “The Summer Bride (Chance Sisters #4)” as Want to Read:
The Summer Bride (Chance Sisters #4)

The Summer Bride

(Chance Sisters #4)

From the award-winning author of The Spring Bride comes the conclusion to the quartet about four sisters, four weddings, and a bride for every season...

Fiercely independent Daisy Chance has a dream and it doesn't involve marriage or babies (or being under any man's thumb). Raised in poverty, she has a passion and a talent for making beautiful clothes. Daisy aim
Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Published July 5th 2016 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about The Summer Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Summer Bride

Sissy's Romance Book Review
4.5
'The Summer Bride' by Anne Gracie is book four in the "Chance Sisters" series.
This is the story of Daisy Chance and Patrick Flynn. Daisy and Flynn have been friends for a little while and each know what they want. Fylnn wants a aristocratic wife to go along with the money he has made in trade and Daisy wants to own a dress shop to be a independent women.
But Flynn starts to know that a aristocratic wife won't bring him the love his parents had and wants instead to have a friend and lov
Ally
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 02-library, 02-audio
Daisy, daisy give me your answer do

proposal

Series: Yes - one more and I will have finished it! I forgot #2. Oops.

Sexy times: Tame for the romance genre these days, but a little steamier than the rest of the series. Surprise, surprise.

Plan on reading more by the author: Yes!

Synopsis: If you're familiar with the series, you're familiar with the Chance sisters not sisters. This is Daisy's story, the least "Yes!
surprise.
Plan
Jen
This was the final book in the Chance Sisters series, and it was the one I had been very eager to start! This installment featured Patrick Flynn; the "pirate", Irish man who loved to dress in flamboyant colors!! By the time he gets to London where his business partner and friend live, he is shown how he must dress and act to be accepted by the famous "Ton." Flynn is quite the rebel though, and shedding that layer of himself isn't something he wants to do; but he is willing to as he figures he ne ...more
Mei
Apr 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
I’ve been waiting for Daisy’s book for so long and I’m happy to say that it was worth it! :)

I loved Daisy since the beginning of this series. She’s just plain great: honest, hardworking, plain-speaking, courageous, loving and at the same time full of sass and thornes!

She has a desire: she want to be the best dressmaker in London and she’s working herself blind working from dawn to dusk..

She’s secretly attracted to Flynn, but they’re friends, so she doesn’t act on that attraction.

Flynn, being a s
Caz
I've given this a B- at AAR, so that's 3.5 stars rounded up.

The Summer Bride is the final book in Anne Gracie’s Chance Sisters quartet which began with The Autumn Bride and then progressed through Winter and Spring as the “sisters” (who aren’t actual sisters, but who regard themselves as being “sisters of the heart”) found love. This instalment is a decent enough read, but it doesn’t have anything new to offer and the romantic tension isn’t very, well, tense.

It’s the turn of Daisy, the only one of the four wh/>The
Kathryn
4.5 stars. I've really enjoyed the Chance Sisters and #4 book all about Daisy rounded it off very nicely. Daisy had a lot of spirit and loved seeing her enveloped in love by so many.
I really liked the quotes from Jane Austen at the beginning of each chapter. Makes me want to go read her books!
Joy (Cheery♡Reads)
Been waiting for Daisy's story since the beginning of the series. FINALLY! Can't wait......

I know that this would be the best one and I was right! I had lots of tears and snots while reading this story. It was so good and heart-wrenching.

I'm so sad that the series has come to an end.
Beth
Aug 18, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Yeahhhh, I didn't like this. It's partly the cliches, partly the annoying callbacks to previous books, and partly (view spoiler)
kris
Aug 01, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Heroine, adamant about not wanting marriage / babies, is PROVEN WRONG by boners, genre standards. Breaking news at 10.

1. Ugh.

2. This was better than I was expecting but still ultimately a shit show.

3. I was given a heroine who is against children and marriage! Albeit in an extremely superficial way, setup to be perfectly collapsible when the story needs its HEA, but still! A heroine who has ambitions and dreams and does not shy away from pursuing them! ...until her lover's boner leads her ast
Ren
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
So the whole point of this book was that if a woman doesn't want children, she will change her mind and realize that really she wanted children all along. Riiiight. I'm so tired of babies being mandatory for a happy ending, I want a story where the heroine's decision not to have children is respected for a change, both by the man in her life and by the author. This story wasn't it.

I was so looking forward to Daisy and Flynn's story and the part about Daisy opening her own shop was gr
Katie
I thought I'd be like my friends and upset that a woman who didn't want marriage or babies got them anyway, but instead I'm upset that it wasn't even a good portrayal of a woman who didn't want babies or marriage! She didn't seem to have really thought about kids and I am not sure she would've objected to marrying a ~low class~ man. It just wasn't set up well.

And super upset that (view spoiler) ...more
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup.

Oh I just loved it! The Summer Bride was the perfect end to a stunning series from Gracie. The characters, the romance, the humor and passion all came together for an absolutely charming experience as the last Chance "sister" meets her match in a cocky Irishman who has a naughty gleam in his eye.

The quick of it is that Flynn is searching for the perfect wife--elegant, classy, and a true Lady. And he's found himself incredibly bored with the polite, reserved women w
Olga Godim
Unlike most regency romances, this one’s protagonists do not belong to the ton. The hero Flynn is a self-made businessman. He owns a fleet of trade ship. Now that he has amassed his fortune, he wants to get married into society, to get himself a London lady of the first water. Despite his humble origins and a childhood as a dockside rat, the aristocracy are ready to oblige him. Although most of them despise him as a vulgar ‘man in trade,’ a number of impoverished lords are willing to over
Mary - Buried Under Romance
I absolutely adore Anne Gracie's books, and have really, really enjoyed this series...however, is it terribly bad of me to say that I could not get into this book because reading Daisy's cockney detracted from the smoothness of my reading experience? :(

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
Aw, really loved this! Full review to come
Sonya Heaney
Originally posted HERE .

When we met Daisy in the first book in this series, I never had any idea she would be a heroine later on. She was such a great character, but such an unlikely heroine. However, at the same time, she made a massive impression on me with her bravado and determination to make it on her own.

In fact, her introduction in book one is sending me back there to reread, to meet Daisy all over again and see her evolution across the series.

There are SO MANY h
Helen
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Daisy's story was worth the wait what a story this one is Daisy as always is the most stubborn gel she is more determined than ever to be the best modiste to the toffs and have her own shop while her sisters Abby, Damaris and Jane have found the heroes so well suited to them but Daisy is determined to stay single, because of the life that she has led up until meeting her sisters and Lady Bea Daisy has a hard time trusting but she is working her fingers to the bone at the moment with her beautifu ...more
October
Halfway through the book I was ready to give this five stars. Because it had (gasp) an ambitious heroine who (double-gasp) doesn't want to have kids! What sorcery is this?! You mean there's a heroine who thinks baaabies and getting married aren't the only ways to be happy? Get out of here!

But sadly, (view spoiler) ...more
Lu
I loved this whole series, mainly Lady Beatriz, the old lady who, in the end, helped all her “nieces” get their happily ever after and even provided each one with a special ring.
In this last book Daisy, the maid of the brothel and amazing seamstress falls for the Irish pirate Flynn, who is on a quest to marry “The Finest Lady in London”.
Daisy, differently from her sisters (friends turned into sisters of the heart), had no lady education, a strong cockney accent and no intention of jo
Sammy Loves Books
Second best of the series!
Susan Ross
There are already many good summaries of the book, so I'm just going to make my comments.

I have been eagerly anticipating this book since The Autumn Bride (the first and incomparable best of the series in my opinion). I loved Daisy's gumption and bravery. She was my favourite character. And although I enjoyed The Summer Bride, it did not measure up to my expectations. I think it was because Daisy kept "cutting off her nose to spite her face" so to speak. I found this incredibly annoy
Caz
Sep 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've given this a B+ for narration and a C+ for content at AudioGals, so I'm rounding up to 4 stars.

This is the fourth book in Anne Gracie’s quartet about the Chance sisters, four young women who banded together through adversity and regard themselves as “sisters of the heart” even though only two of them are actually related by blood. In the first book in the series, The Autumn Bride, the ladies were taken in by Lady Beatrice Davenham, an elderly lady who had been neglected by her staff and family
Thenia

UGH! I hate when something ruins aaaall the warm and fuzzies for me like it happened in this one.

It is the story of Daisy, the last unmarried "Chance sister", and Flynn, the Irish rogue and business partner and friend of her brothers-in-law, and a friend of Daisy's as well, since the two had a lot in common and could understand each other quite well.

I loved Flynn, who was awesome all around, and admired Daisy and her resolve to achieve her dream of owning her own dress shop, and rooted for them as a couple since w
Oops. Grabbed the fourth book instead of the third. Ah well.

2.75 stars.

I'm conflicted on how to rate this one. On the one hand, the things that bothered many other reviewers didn't bother me as much. And as much as I don't like a MC pursuing another person, that didn't bother me much either. It made sense, and the MCs hadn't realized the depth of their feelings for each other yet so there weren't really any hurt feelings happening. On the other hand, the utter lack of rea
Joanna Loves Reading
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, hr
Great way to end a series that had no real low points in it. I liked the fact that both MCs are low born and have worked hard to better themselves. This is a book for the working mom, and it worked because they weren't of the peerage. Lovely book, lovely read. Fun characters throughout the series and all lose ends are tied up in a touching way here. May add more later, but wanted to get my initial thoughts here.
Diana
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rftc, tantor-audio
Phoenix77
Dec 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anne Gracie closes out her Chance Sisters quartet with perhaps the most entertaining book of the series. The Summer Bride is a simple and engaging love story between a man, a woman… and her dress shop? Don’t worry, it will all make sense in the end.

Though her adoptive aunt Lady Beatrice is constantly trying to teach her the proper manners and deportment of a young lady of the ton, Daisy Chance is not a Lady. It was only fortunate happenstance that brought her to Lady Bea’s doorstep e
Mariana

I don't know. I'm torn on this one. It started off really slowly. Then, it was irritating. First, the hero was blind and dumb. Then, the heroine was overly stubborn and ridiculous.

However, the last portion was really satisfying; and I enjoyed all the love scenes.

I have not read any of the previous three books, nor any others by this author. The family relationships were loving, and I think reading the first three would have built that even stronger.

I
Juliana Philippa
Anne Gracie's novels are pleasurably devoid of ridiculous over-the-top drama, subplots, raving mad second cousins, murderous assassins, etc. They rely basically solely on the characters, and I do have to say I did enjoy these characters ... but I don't know, for some reason, Daisy and Flynn kind of got on my nerves a bit. I think when everything is going SO perfectly, and the only real hold up is that one of characters can't admit to their fear of being loved and blah di blah di blah ... i
Christa Schönmann Abbühl
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Dec 02, 2015 07:48AM

• The Wedding Ring Quest
  • A Duke to Remember (Season for Scandal, #2)
  • A Duchess to Remember (Ministry of Marriage, #3)
  • The Laird's Willful Lass (The Lairds Most Likely, #1)
  • A MacKenzie Clan Gathering (MacKenzies & McBrides, #8.5)
  • Lady Claire Is All That (Keeping Up with the Cavendishes, #3)
  • It Takes a Scandal (Scandalous, #2)
  • The Last Wicked Scoundrel (Scoundrels of St. James, #5)
  • The Wicked Duke (Wicked Trilogy, #3)
  • Destined to Last (Providence, #4)
  • The Legendary Lord (Playful Brides, #6)
  • The Trouble with True Love (Dear Lady Truelove, #2)
  • Blame It on the Duke (The Disgraceful Dukes, #3)
  • The Duke of Dark Desires (The Wild Quartet, #4)
  • The Study of Seduction (Sinful Suitors, #2)
  • Anchor and Storm
I've always loved stories. Family legend has it that I used to spend hours playing in the sand pit, with a dog on either side of me and Rocka the horse leaning over me, his head just touching my shoulder, while I told them stories. I have to say, dogs and horses are great audiences, apart from their tendency to drool occasionally. But people are even nicer.

In case you imagine we were a

Chance Sisters (4 books)
  • The Autumn Bride (Chance Sisters, #1)
  • The Winter Bride (Chance Sisters, #2)
  • The Spring Bride (Chance Sisters, #3)