Start by marking “This Naked Mind: Control Alcohol: Find Freedom, Discover Happiness & Change Your Life” as Want to Read:

4.46  ·  Rating details ·  764 Ratings  ·  66 Reviews
Millions of people worry that drinking is affecting their health, yet are unwilling to seek change because of the misery and stigma associated with alcoholism and recovery. They fear drinking less will be boring, involving deprivation, difficulty and significant lifestyle changes.

This Naked Mind offers a new solution. Packed with surprising insight into the reasons we dri
Published October 12th 2015 by ASPN Publications

Stephen G.
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is probably the most important book I've ever read. I was highly skeptical of the book's claims, as it flew in the face of everything I thought I knew about addiction. The simple act of reading the book and thinking critically transforms you and the problem with alcohol you have had. I went out the night I finished the book, to bars and stared at walls full of booze, shot girls going around passing out free liquor, and for the first time in my life, I felt absolutely nothing. No desire at a ...more
Roger
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"These marketers know that the most effective sale is an emotional sale, one that plays on your deepest fears, your ultimate concerns. Alcohol advertisements sell an end to loneliness, claiming that drinking provides friendship and romance. They appeal to your need for freedom by saying drinking will make you unique, brave, bold, or courageous. They promise fulfillment, satisfaction, and happiness. All these messages speak to your conscious and unconscious minds."

Just browsing the Kindle Lenders
Susie A. Gertz
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Inspired! Not pushy! Presents facts and opinions and let's you decide. Helps you think about alcohol in a new way and then discusses possible concerns you may have. I loved it !!! Great insight.

Maddison Nixon
Jul 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book totally changed the way I relate to alcohol; I no longer have any urges to drink, & it helped me to feel more alive again. Thank you Annie ☺ ...more
Valentina
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The reviews are right. This book is life-changing. If you or a loved one is suffering, or if you think they are suffering (they may not know, as you'll soon find in the book), please, please, please just take the time to flip through Annie Grace's masterpiece.

Even if alcohol is not a "problem drug" in the life of you or your loved ones, this book is a fascinating eye-opener into how we, as a society, treat alcohol differently from drugs despite its statistically-proven disastrous effects. It rea
Sandy  Kemp
Dec 04, 2015 rated it it was ok
Alan Carr's How To Control Alcohol was a much better book. The author actually uses his concept of a pitcher plant and quotes him extensively. There were also a few statements in the book that are not scientifically accurate, for example the idea of stress causing ulcers. It is well proven that ulcers are caused by h. Pylori infection and treated with antibiotics. Made me skeptical of the whole book's level of research.
Vicii
interesting that I finished this book whilst on holiday with the family... well in the car on the way back home. I'm not sure that my unconscious has been "reconditioned" but currently on day 2 of no alcohol so we'll see how it goes.
Kuba
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dry July completed.
I don't want to drink alcohol anymore. This book made me realize I enjoy talking to people, not the beer.
Jolene
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
I liked how the author dispelled common thinking and misconceptions about alcohol. She reveals fascinating facts and research no one really knows about or listens to. Plus she exposes the powerful marketing and cultural conditioning we buy into when it comes to alcohol. This is an interesting, worthwhile read regardless of where you are on the drinking spectrum, i.e you don't drink, you drink but silently worry about your drinking or you've tried to stop and start again.
Kanwar
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This has broken the shackles. It has given me perspective. I am not a lost cause and I can help "not drinking" and still live a peaceful mind. I am a severe alcoholic and this book seems to have lifted 16 kilos of weight from my shoulders. Time will tell but the process has started...
  • Can't Swim, Can't Ride, Can't Run: From Common Man to Ironman
  • Feet in the Clouds: A Tale of Fell-Running and Obsession
  • From Last to First: A long-distance runner's journey from failure to success
  • The Triathlete's Training Bible
  • How to Take Charge of Your Life: The User’s Guide to NLP
  • A Good Birth, A Safe Birth: Choosing and Having the Childbirth Experience You Want
  • Flip It: How To Get The Best Out Of Everything
  • Life After Loss: A Practical Guide To Renewing Your Life After Experiencing Major Loss
  • Unchain Your Brain
  • Tikvah Means Hope
  • Get Your Act Together: 7-Day Get-Organized Program For The Overworked, Overbooked, and Overwhelmed, A
  • Welcome to Your Crisis: How to Use the Power of Crisis to Create the Life You Want
  • Living and Loving after Betrayal: How to Heal from Emotional Abuse, Deceit, Infidelity, and Chronic Resentment
  • The Way of Transition: Embracing Life's Most Difficult Moments
  • Worry
  • Surviving a Shark Attack (On Land): Overcoming Betrayal and Dealing with Revenge
  • Adopting the Hurt Child: Hope for Families With Special-Needs Kids : A Guide for Parents and Professionals
  • The Secret Sex Life of a Single Mom
“Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” – Rumi” 1 likes
“You will no longer suffer the mental division caused by one side of your brain wanting a drink and the other side feeling like you should cut back. Both” 0 likes